Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The book

UM-Bot

Jann Burner: The following is a true story, or rather it is a true experience from the story of my life. Some say that just because something happens doesn’t really make it “true”. When I was a younger man in San Francisco I lived with young woman I’ll call Mary. One Christmas I bought Mary a new book that had just come out that was getting a lot of attention in our circles. I signed the inside cover and Mary signed her name and her phone number and address under my name. Now Mary and I were very sociable and we often had guests stay over. At the time of this story we had a female guest from England, I’ll call her Beth. Now Beth was a gypsy. She really was. She would travel to a place (she’d often just stick a pin in a globe), and then find a way to make enough money to get to another place. She was truly a World Traveler. Well, after her extended visit she decided that she next wanted to go to Peru. So the day came we were to take her to the airport for the initial stage of her new adventure and as a parting gift she gave Mary a beautiful tribal dress from Afghanistan and Mary, feeling like she should give Beth something in return, handed her The Book.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• 8ball936

• KRS_One

• Art Vandarley

That's kind of a sweet story you have there, dude. It's to simple to be fiction and I believe what you said. Thanks for sharing this, this world is a strange place...

Think of the perfect celestial trajectory, How things operate successfully,With intricate detailed complexity.

Think of the perfect celestial trajectory, How things operate successfully,With intricate detailed complexity.

This doesn't mean anything at all, does it?

My wifes mother had a book once singed by the author of the book in a special way. It was signed to my dear friend and my mother inlaws name. Well my wifes mother died when my wife was 16 and years latter my wifes sister owned the book and she moved out of house and left it by mistake in a box full of other books. A few years after that my wife was in a thrift store that sells used books and seen one like it and when she opened it just to check in complete doubt it could have been the same book it was the same book.

What a sweet story!

14 years before when i was a child, had to attend school early in the morning at 5.30am. It was cold winter and i along with my friends were looking for some fire. i along with them stole some very old books from the locked library which was not opened for some years. I stole the books by entering through window which was open. I stole some newspapers and few books. Fortunately i got Dicken's "The tale of two cities". It was a british print, so i did not burn that and kept it with me. At night when nobody was with me, i opened the book and on it's last page, my cousin brother's name was written along with his signature and date. The book was was read by him some 20 years before at that time and it was clear from the last page of the book that the book was untouched for last 20 years as nobody read it. Finally that came to me and still with me.

So, things happen and we feel wonderful when such happens. My case is not that much extraordinary as yours is, but still i feel good when i touch that book.