Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster Seen on Camera in Sewer

Bracket

Looks similar to that trail cam pic from that thread that refused to die.

it's the cookie monster

• Like 1

IMO, people have far too much time on their hands...and there's far too much silly use of CGI.

No, this isn't cgi. I'm not saying it's really a monster, but that really is on the footage and wasn't added later.

Looks like it could easily be a puppet. The first two parts of the video, where something runs across the tunnel look like they are cut from a Jurassic park clip. But, could also easily be puppets.

I did notice that in the final part, where the critter leans out, that the camera is completely still, it is sitting on a tripod, almost surely. So someone took a camera on a tripod into a tunnel and then then "happened" to find a monster?

Also, I don't think the monster made any ripples in the water.

Looks like it could easily be a puppet. The first two parts of the video, where something runs across the tunnel look like they are cut from a Jurassic park clip. But, could also easily be puppets.

I did notice that in the final part, where the critter leans out, that the camera is completely still, it is sitting on a tripod, almost surely. So someone took a camera on a tripod into a tunnel and then then "happened" to find a monster?

The camera is anything but completely still. It starts, then stops and then starts again, very bumpily, as one would expect if this was mounted on a robotic device or somthing.

No, this is a camera snake. They push it down the pipe on a flexable wire.

The camera is anything but completely still. It starts, then stops and then starts again, very bumpily, as one would expect if this was mounted on a robotic device or somthing.

The first two tunnels, I agree. But the last one is from a higher angle it seems to me, and appears more like a tripod picked up and moved forward a little. But, you could be right on that count too. Could be a robot. Using a robot to tape it would mesh with using a puppet in the tape... College animatronics students anyone?

Edit: looking at it again, the last part appears to be filmed from pretty low too.

Edited by DieChecker

No, this isn't cgi. I'm not saying it's really a monster, but that really is on the footage and wasn't added later.

How do you know this Bracket?

How do you know this Bracket?

Because i can tell. I've studied movies since i was 6 years old. I have Aspergers Syndrome, which leaves me with an almost obsessive interest in the film business and how it works.

• Like 1

Because i can tell. I've studied movies since i was 6 years old. I have Aspergers Syndrome, which leaves me with an almost obsessive interest in the film business and how it works.

So you haven't seen the original footage for yourself to confirm?

I'm not saying that you are wrong. You may be right. But I don't see how anyone can make a determination about whether these short, low quality clips have been digitally edited. I don't claim to know one way or the other, but your statement was fairly emphatic so I thought that perhaps you had more information that you were working from than the rest of us.

Kind of sad that the person who shared the video automatically assumed it was a "monster". :rolleyes:

I don't know, like K said it looks similar to that trail cam pic in that other thread.

I think it's just another fake.

Edited by JVE

Kind of sad that the person who shared the video automatically assumed it was a "monster". :rolleyes:

I don't know, like K said it looks similar to that trail cam pic in that other thread.

I think it's just another fake.

I said i don't think it's a monster. :huh:

I said i don't think it's a monster. :huh:

I wasn't talking about you Brac, I was talking about the person who shared the video on the link you gave us. Sorry, It wasn't very clear.

Thanks for sharing the video by the way.

I wasn't talking about you Brac, I was talking about the person who shared the video on the link you gave us. Sorry, It wasn't very clear.

Thanks for sharing the video by the way.

Ah, ok. :tu:

Interesting. I didn't catch the first part because I was messing around with the thread. Then I scrolled down and watched the first part.

I don't know what the first part was but the second could have been a homeless person.

Someone take the first part and slow it down some. It might help to identify what that thing is.

Edited by Moon Princess

Holy ****, you have Aspergers?! I had no idea!

Anyways, the footage is cool, but I am doubtful of some of the shots.

Someone should download the video and post still frames.

Edited by Thesantanafan

So you haven't seen the original footage for yourself to confirm?

I'm not saying that you are wrong. You may be right. But I don't see how anyone can make a determination about whether these short, low quality clips have been digitally edited. I don't claim to know one way or the other, but your statement was fairly emphatic so I thought that perhaps you had more information that you were working from than the rest of us.

Well, i have no evidence of it, but i can tell you without a doubt in my mind that there is no cgi in this footage. It could be a puppet, but i doubt that because it's too articulated.

Well, i have no evidence of it, but i can tell you without a doubt in my mind that there is no cgi in this footage. It could be a puppet, but i doubt that because it's too articulated.

You may very well be right on the money. :)

Do you have any more info about the footage? Where exactly it was shot (geographically)? Etc..?

Maybe it is one of those tiny monkeys like the one that Jaime Maussan tried to convince the world was an alien?

You may very well be right on the money. :)

Do you have any more info about the footage? Where exactly it was shot (geographically)? Etc..?

Maybe it is one of those tiny monkeys like the one that Jaime Maussan tried to convince the world was an alien?

Good point. The Scale of the critter is not clear. I was assuming that it was man sized, but it very easily could be the size of a housecat.

If you look at the very first part, the tunnel/sewer seems to be made of standard sized bricks, with a one brick step into the cross tunnel at the end. If this is true, then the citter that runs across is only two bricks high. A standard UK brick being 3 inches high, that makes the animal 6 inches high and maybe around 16 to 20 inches long with the tail included. That could be a housecat of some kind, or maybe a small fox? I tried to take a still from when it just enters the round sewer pipe. So the second pic below is the front of the critter.

post-26883-0-34140600-1301960388_thumb.j

post-26883-0-55915900-1301960530_thumb.j

The critter at the end of the video is way too blurry to rule out being fake. I've taken a still and blown it up to 200%.

post-26883-0-77830400-1301960246_thumb.j

Do monkey eyes glow like that in artificial light?

Edited by DieChecker

I just took another look in full screen and I'm convinced this is probably CGI.

Why?

There is no reflection in the water of the "creature". The eyes would be mirrored/reflected in there just like you see the bricks reflected.

Anyone disagree with that reasoning?

I just took another look in full screen and I'm convinced this is probably CGI.

Why?

There is no reflection in the water of the "creature". The eyes would be mirrored/reflected in there just like you see the bricks reflected.

Anyone disagree with that reasoning?

Not necessarily. The placing of it would matter for it to be reflected. Just like a mirror, at has to be at the right angle for you to see it's reflection.

maybe its an alien alligator :w00t: