Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stabilized Champ footage

Saru

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rafterman

• vitruvian12

• wolfknight

• ColoradoParanormal

In my opinion, it looks too long for a dog or an otter, but one thing I notice in this new video is that when the "back" breaks through the surface of the water it appears to look rather CGI... Something doesn't look right, and I can't quite figure it out. The head looks good and even though it is at a distance it seems to move ok. Something about how the back moves and breaks the surface of the water looks kind of fake though. Hmmm...

It looks fake to me. A dog would swim much faster and at times the head goes under the water. If it is a dog whoever took this video is cruel because it looks like it is having a hard time. Does the head move because it looks like it is always in the same position, a log maybe?

Here's my problem with that video - the water is only a couple of feet deep at best. You can see the waves breaking on the shore between the "monster" and the camerman. Also notice that danger bouy in the background - those are placed to mark shallow areas.

Given that, this "monster" could be pretty much anything.

This is very interesting! Great find! I'm guessing against Dog and Otter. As mentioned above, seems rather large for that. About it being CGI, I'm not so sure, need to edit and look at the layering. Very intriguing

Looks like a otter to me. I rhink it is fake just like all the rest are.

Looks like a otter to me. I think it is fake just like all the rest are.

Looks like a otter to me. I rhink it is fake just like all the rest are.

Looks like a otter to me. I think it is fake just like all the rest are.

Could be an otter, a snapping turtle, loons, cormorants, an eel, musky (they frequently display that type of "porpoising" behavior), carp, sturgeon, the list is almost endless.

I've seen more convincing logs in the toilet... just say'n.

At first I thought it was a log, but it did some un-log like things. So now I'm really thinking otter. The scale is not really easy to figure out, but it surely is not ten or twenty feet long like most Champ reports say.

I would like to point out that if there were a "large monster" then everyone would know about it. Also, the way that it is just staying above the water like that says that it is an air breather meaning more people would know. So, there goes the idea that it's a monster. It could be from many different types of animals or just a weird log......

I have a crappy digital camera that could focus in better than that. It may be "stabilizied" but it surely isn't clear.

All it would have took in this video was a little clarity to show us what it really was.

But isn't that the way things are? Billy bobs dog jumps in after the duck and ole Billybob films Luke swimming in the lake.

Then when Billybob plays it back, he sees lack of clarity and decides to pass it off as Champ for the world to see.

I'm not saying that is what happened, but you can see where I'm coming from.

• 3 weeks later...

it doesnt seem to be moving very fast, yet there is a long line of disturbed water behind it. trailing off to the left of the screen. surely an otter or something around the same size wouldnt leave such a large wake behind it. my guess is theres a line attached to whatever it is

I cant really make out any movement in the object itself, other then rising and submerging.

My first impression was that it was a hoax possibly one that has been augmented with some CGI. I noticed that there is, what appears to be, a buoy of some sort that the thing swims in front of and at times the buoy seems to fade out and for a second blinks out entirely and though there is pixelation in the video..the background does not become as warped, blurred and visually mangles as the area of the water the camera is following. There is a far off and remote possibility that this thing is also a very large turtle of some sort but that is a VERY remote possibility.

• 2 months later...

Alright so its obviously alive, whatever it is, and it does show some resembalance to previous champ footage (ex: Large body features) but the neck is to short if it is the species of dinosaur that champ is thought to be. If we ever want to know FORSURE that there is a plesiosaurus alive we need unrefutable footage, like him on land, us trailing behind him in a submarine, or we need to see some it kick up some big wake to prove its power in size

• 2 months later...

Otter on a log. can you prove it? or are you just a pile of ****e who likes to say ****e without thinking

Does a person need proof to state an opinion?

Classy first post by the way, I look forward to reading more of your insightfull wit.