Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Destination Truth needs to stop...

Aio

...looking for ghosts. I started watching the show because it was the only decent show on television that looked into one of my favorite fields, cryptozoology. And I stuck with the show because Josh Gates is freaking hilarious. But it seemes like lately, they've been hunting ghosts a lot more then hunting for strange creatures. I'm pretty sure ghosts are more common then weird creatures but there's so many ghost hunting shows and I feel like "Destination Truth" is selling out by hunting for ghosts and spirits. I didn't mind it at first but it's in every single episode nowadays and an entire episode was just two ghost-hunting cases. If I wanted to watch ghost hunting, I'd watch "Ghost Hunters", "Ghost Hunters International", "Ghost Adventures", or the numerous other shows with that premise. There's just too many ghost shows and not enought decent, "Let's go find this weird animal in this weird part of South America!" shows.

I was just wondering if anyone else was starting to get annoyed with the growing number of ghost hunting trips in "Destination Truth".

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• JonathanVonErich

• ~TheBigK~

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

I watch the show regularly, and they don't really do it that much. :huh:

I've no issue with them going to these remote places to even look for paranormal. It's just another aspect of what the premise of the show it. Finding "the truth". And if that means picking up some of the paranormal/haunting types.. then so be it.

As long as they keep it interesting, I don't mind them throwing in an occasional ghost hunt.

Last night's episode was pretty good. Where that dude got choked around the neck by an entity.

As long as the chicks on the show keep wearing skimpy tank tops, they can look for monkeys flying out of my ass if they want to. I'll still watch.

I think they need to stop....period. ;)

I'd watch them search for monkeys flying out your ass though. They would probably take a poop sample back to the lab to see if it was harvesting any babies. Lol

It's worth it to watch just for Josh's humor.

As long as the chicks on the show keep wearing skimpy tank tops, they can look for monkeys flying out of my ass if they want to. I'll still watch.

:w00t: Edited by Venonat

Nah, I love this show. Josh doesn't seem to take it too seriously. He gets all excited and usually hurts himself while "hunting".

I don't expect them to find anything but it's good tv watching him "try".

And...

1190824057392_1DESTINATION-TRUTH_mif.jpg_290_210.jpg

Yum.

Nibs

Nah, I love this show. Josh doesn't seem to take it too seriously. He gets all excited and usually hurts himself while "hunting".

And...

Yum.

Nibs

And now that he gets Barry to help him with the evidence.. double YUM

I think Josh and Ryder have this contest on who can get hurt the most by the end of the season. XD She took a huge spill on the first part.. OUCH >.<

Ok I have the Stats. You can thank me later.

Number of Episodes to this day : 46

Number of Investigations : 87

Number of Ghost Investigations : 26

1 in Season 1

5 in Season 2

10 in Season 3

10 in Season 4

There you have it, the Tale of the Tape !

Thanks for that, Jon. I've actually been curious about the numbers. I don't care what they look for, it's still fun and interesting. I couldn't blame them for raising the amount of paranormal investigations though because I imagine they're running out of rare cryptids in odd countries to hunt lol.

Oh, and feel free to post more pics, Nibs. :innocent:

Ok I have the Stats. You can thank me later.

Number of Episodes to this day : 46

Number of Investigations : 87

Number of Ghost Investigations : 26

1 in Season 1

5 in Season 2

10 in Season 3

10 in Season 4

There you have it, the Tale of the Tape !

And even then... it doesn't matter because he's doing what he set out to do. "Seek the truth" and explore. Even if it means splitting a few shows between paranormal and cryptid.

And even then... it doesn't matter because he's doing what he set out to do. "Seek the truth" and explore. Even if it means splitting a few shows between paranormal and cryptid.

Exactly. And yes, the number of Hauntings investigations is on the rise, but like K said I imagine they're running out of rare cryptids in odd countries to hunt. The show will probably end after next season, sadly.

And don't even start about the pics K.

Edited by JVE

Exactly. And yes, the number of Hauntings investigations is on the rise, but like K said I imagine they're running out of rare cryptids in odd countries to hunt. The show will probably end after next season, sadly.

And don't even start about the pics K.

Maybe.. or they'll find more and more obscure things. The world is still a big place. But I doubt SyFy will give him up even if they end DT..

I've no issue with them going to these remote places to even look for paranormal. It's just another aspect of what the premise of the show it. Finding "the truth". And if that means picking up some of the paranormal/haunting types.. then so be it.

Agreed. I kinda like the ghost part of the show more. |: As long as they aren't hunting "Bigfoot." Which I find boring.

And...

Yum.

Nibs

[saves image] Thanks Nibs!

I had only started watching DT just recently and going back to past seasons, there are indeed more ghost hunting episodes. I like Ghost Hunters and GHI because they give the appearance of taking the job seriously while DT puts their own spin on it. Ghosts and cryptids are all part of the supernatural and paranormal. There's no reason why DT shouldn't be investigating ghosts and hauntings.

She is rather sexy.

She is rather sexy.

If by that you mean "Too beautiful, sexy and hot to be true" then yes, I agree.

Jael is a very good looking lady but she annoys the crap out of me and everyone I know who watches it. Whines too much.

I also wasn't gonna post any pics Jon, was just encouraging anyone else who wanted to. :P but since we already started...

2mow8qs.jpg

Yes, Jael is annoying, I agree. But man...she's hot.

You should see his other snake

Well I'm sure it's very disappointing.

Well I'm sure it's very disappointing.

Hehe, you meanie. :P Besides, you can totally tell all the girls on the show like him, he's got something good going on.

Hehe, you meanie. :P Besides, you can totally tell all the girls on the show like him, he's got something good going on.

Hey I like him, he's a great host, very charismatic.

I am obviously jealous of him.

Edited by JVE