Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the world's first gay caveman?

Still Waters

Archaeologists have unearthed the 5,000-year-old remains of the world's first gay caveman.

The bones - said to date back to between 2900 and 2500BC - were discovered buried in a manner normally reserved for women of the Corded Ware culture during the Copper Age.

The skeleton was found in a Prague suburb in the Czech Republic with its head pointing eastwards and surrounded by domestic jugs - rituals only previously seen in female graves.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen of Annoy

• monkipuzzle

• OverSword

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aw Bless him, I found that quite moving. If he was gay I wonder what it was like for him back then? I do hope he had a good life :innocent:

Edited by Star of the Sea

What I see in the article is a plethora of assumptions especially the idea that everyone adhered strictly to just one way of doing things.

My first impression was that it was someones son and the mother buried the urns with him so he wouldn't be lonely.

Could have been a pair and the female mate buried the urns for the same reason.

Anthropologists have indeed learned much but there is still much to learn and hypothesis and extrapolations are not the same thing as fact which we will never really have..at least not now.

My first thought was maybe he dishonored the clan/tribe some way so they killed him and wanted him to live in eternal misery so they dishonoered him in death by burying him as a woman.

Edited by SKPandAVP

My first thought was maybe he dishonored the clan/tribe some way so they killed him and wanted him to live in eternal misery so they dishonoered him in death by burying him as a woman.

That was what I was wondering too...

:lol:

I get an evil visual...

"Ugh...hey Mocklok! Let bury Telok like a girl. Me not like him anyway."

"Hahahah Tembor! You such a kidder! You crack me up! I'll get jugs, you get eye-paint to make Telok pretty!"

A gay caveman? Sounds like a fundamentalist Christian's worst enemy.

I think the experts have deduced it correctly. Here we have the first 'gay caveman', plain and simple. And it looks like he was probably accepted by the rest of them too, which shows me that gay intolerance is only a disease of some people, down through the ages.

THE FIRST? Probably not. But s/he could have been a "two-spirit", which were revered by many so-called primitive cultures. I agree with Evilution13: intolerance is mostly a modern disease, although I'm sure each culture has their own beliefs on the matter.

Gender is fluid.... we all embody aspects of both, culturally defined, while some embody more of one than the other, no matter what's under the clothes.

Peace.

Liberal researchers trying to make homosexuality a natural, even ancient, characteristic of man...

No truth to this ridiculous claim...

What I see in the article is a plethora of assumptions especially the idea that everyone adhered strictly to just one way of doing things.

My first impression was that it was someones son and the mother buried the urns with him so he wouldn't be lonely.

Anthropologists have indeed learned much but there is still much to learn and hypothesis and extrapolations are not the same thing as fact which we will never really have..at least not now.

I agree. Just assumptions based off of other assumptions.

Liberal researchers trying to make homosexuality a natural, even ancient, characteristic of man...

No truth to this ridiculous claim...

Sad to say, but I'd have to somewhat agree with you. It is a ridiculous claim. My first thought was that it was a eunuch, that played a domestic role. There are may more plausible scientific explanations other then playing the gay card.

It's silly for either side to take sides since there's a lack of comparison evidence, y'all get a grip! One thing though, it has been found that those of a bi-sexual nature have been revered by some cultures as a liaison between males and females.

Edited by rttuckers

:lol:

I get an evil visual...

"Ugh...hey Mocklok! Let bury Telok like a girl. Me not like him anyway."

"Hahahah Tembor! You such a kidder! You crack me up! I'll get jugs, you get eye-paint to make Telok pretty!"

Mooooooooo whoooooooooo hahahahahaha! That's just what I was thinking!

post-101241-0-76127400-1302187887_thumb.

Perhaps it was a hermaphrodite, the skeleton may look like a male but perhaps when it was still fleshed it lacked much in the way of male genitalia and had breasts.

Perhaps he/she was an ancestor of my Mother-in-law. (Who regularly plays inside line-backer for the 'fourty-niners'!)

s8851.gif

So cavemen were more tolerant of homosexuality than modern day Christians? Lol

Why do you say that? Is it because every christian wants to burn every homosexual at the stake?

If you think about it your comment is thoughtless and hateful. If treating homosexuals kindly and with equality was the norm in stone age society then why haven't more graves like this been discovered? If this even was a gay person, and the evidence of that is pretty darn minimal then all you can really get out of this is that his family that loved him regardless buried him.

Aw Bless him, I found that quite moving. If he was gay I wonder what it was like for him back then? I do hope he had a good life :innocent:

This is exactly what I was going to say, from the first word to the last. :tu:

I don't see how this comment could be interpreted as hateful. Perhaps a week from now, it will pop into my head, be suddenly and blindingly obvious, and I'll say, "Oooohhh!" I don't think so right now, though.

One thing that always keeps me from feeling lonely is my urns. I have some nice urns lying about. Thank the Lord.

(I am teasing you, Ryu, I just thought it was funny, especially lifted out of context as I did, and the chuckle cheered me up.)

But this article only poses a theory, it doesn't seem to me to be claiming the conclusion as fact. It's highly interesting, and I'm glad they didn't file it away to collect dust until more powerful, even irrefutable evidence could be brought to bear, which might well be never.

That's a very plausible explanation.

I don't see how this comment could be interpreted as hateful. Perhaps a week from now, it will pop into my head, be suddenly and blindingly obvious, and I'll say, "Oooohhh!" I don't think so right now, though.

Because it groups christians together into one generic bunch of thoughtless people who hate people because they're gay. The church by my house has a big rainbow colored sign draped across the front of it that says come as you are, you are welcome here. It's hateful because he has assigned certain beliefs onto everyone based on them being Christians. Beliefs not endorsed byt the Christ which is the namesake of Christianity I might add. Does that clear things up for you?

Edited by OverSword