Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sci-fi fans undergo operations to get ears

Still Waters

There are certainly some big Lord of the Rings fans out there, but most wouldn't go this far to look like their favourite characters.

Some fantasy film buffs in Arizona are taking their obsessions to new levels by actually having their ears cut open and sculpted to look like elves.

The elf ears craze has many health risks but that isn’t stopping sci-fi fans having the top of their cartilage sliced and sewed back together in a point.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Urisk

• zenfahr

• SilverCougar

• Robbie333

This is nothing new. People have been modding their bodies to be their favorite things for ages. Right down to fang veneers for vampire fans.. Even the tigerman who had his face modded, and teeth modded to look like a tiger. Straight on with orange and black tiger stripe tatts.

I thought about getting top and bottom fangs before, but tattoos work good too.

Same here.. still do want them. But ain't got the cash for 'em

Body modifications is such a waste of time...

There are much more important things in this life to consider than one's physical appearance.

I like how you added the pic on the front page to make it seem like people are getting their ears that big.

ew, lol. I've garbed up with the need for pointy ears many times.. But sheesh, I use a nice set of fake points and use glue when I do that. I wouldn't want to undergo surgery for something so cosmetic and silly. But then I think about having a normal job and what modifications might look like when I'm a old lady, lol.

There are much more important things in this life to consider than one's physical appearance.

Permanant ones anyway.

But I still like to stick a cucumber in my pants to impress the ladies. Of course I can take it out when I need to.

They need to be BIGGER small crap just looks like you have weird ears lol

Don't they have Spock ears you can glue on. I'll pass.

Soooooo much better than having big wooden disc's stretching your ears out to gigantic proportions. That look makes me gag.

hannibal-helmurto-ear-hypnotist.jpg

Whatever happened to your date having on a little lipstick and some eyeliner for your date. Now they show up with pointy ears, horn implants, fangs and yellow eyes, LOL

Damn I always wanted to do that.... perhaps I shall!!

Well, we're all gonna die one day so might as well enjoy it while it lasts instead of trying to please someone else all the time.

where can i go to donate my ridiculously oversized ears? i would like to help those in need,someone might actually like to have them-they arent very elvish though...

Whatever happened to your date having on a little lipstick and some eyeliner for your date. Now they show up with pointy ears, horn implants, fangs and yellow eyes, LOL

Haha, yeah, that would be some hell of a blind date eh?

Just one more thing for them to try and explain to their grandchildren.

I'm sure there's cheaper ways to never get a girlfriend or a social life.

I also want pointy ears! And fangs! LOL!

Edited by Robin_Shadowes

The ear surgery is barely noticable, IMO.

The elf girl on the main page makes me think of Lodoss War.

%5Banimepaper.net%5Dvector-standard-anime-record-of-lodoss-war-deedlit-vector-32351-elfe-noire43-medium-22cb298b.jpg