Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

'Mother Earth' to be given same rights as

52 posts in this topic

Until People are trully free, Planet earth will not be free either.

Well, it's like they say, it can't hurt to ask. :blink: Of course the ramifications are extraordinary, if it would pass. However, I don't see a chance of that.

Though I can imagine there are a lot of Green activists out there, who not only clash with my drapes but who are tickled pink about this proposal.

Until People are trully free, Planet earth will not be free either.

Oh, I disagree. The planet has been alive long before we arrived. And "Freedom" is simply a matter of permissions, passed by law and given to people from whom it can easily be taken away. No person in a Governed land has ever truly known what it means to live free. Because to do so would mean one lives free of Government that codifies every thing someone does, through letters of the law.

In America, one isn't even free to make a living.

We as a species have the planet in our hands, because of what we do living upon her. And thus far, we have proven in this industrial age, that we are unfit stewards.

So planet earth is forever free. She spins as one sister in the solar system, within the galaxy, within the universe and as such she, and we who stride upon her, are insignificant little specs in a lesser star system. Even though our ego's promise us that's simply not true. And as earth was alive long before we arrived, when we've done enough to ourselves by doing what we do to her, thinking we're entitled because of someone else promising we have dominion, domination, and thus the right to do it, she'll kill us, when it's time.

Because survival of the fittest is a dance, an unspoken contractual fact of life and of dying. We see it in the list of extinct species, we see it on the list of endangered. And while those are lists drafted by mortals, usually due to mortals making it all possible, earth makes her own list just because of what she is.

The root of our survival.

Without her breath we would not breathe. Without her waters we would not drink. Without her flesh we would not eat. And given all that, we do not care. We do what we want, because we think we're entitled. Because we want to evolve unto the status of having more.

No, mother earth is always free. And when we've done enough and she's had enough she'll free herself of us.

And we shall have earned it.

xmasecardearth1vc.jpg

Oh, I disagree. The planet has been alive long before we arrived. And "Freedom" is simply a matter of permissions, passed by law and given to people from whom it can easily be taken away. No person in a Governed land has ever truly known what it means to live free. Because to do so would mean one lives free of Government that codifies every thing someone does, through letters of the law.

In America, one isn't even free to make a living.

We as a species have the planet in our hands, because of what we do living upon her. And thus far, we have proven in this industrial age, that we are unfit stewards.

So planet earth is forever free. She spins as one sister in the solar system, within the galaxy, within the universe and as such she, and we who stride upon her, are insignificant little specs in a lesser star system. Even though our ego's promise us that's simply not true. And as earth was alive long before we arrived, when we've done enough to ourselves by doing what we do to her, thinking we're entitled because of someone else promising we have dominion, domination, and thus the right to do it, she'll kill us, when it's time.

Because survival of the fittest is a dance, an unspoken contractual fact of life and of dying. We see it in the list of extinct species, we see it on the list of endangered. And while those are lists drafted by mortals, usually due to mortals making it all possible, earth makes her own list just because of what she is.

The root of our survival.

Without her breath we would not breathe. Without her waters we would not drink. Without her flesh we would not eat. And given all that, we do not care. We do what we want, because we think we're entitled. Because we want to evolve unto the status of having more.

No, mother earth is always free. And when we've done enough and she's had enough she'll free herself of us.

And we shall have earned it.

xmasecardearth1vc.jpg

Ok first question....... Do you use Green ativists for furnature?.. only reason I would think they would clash with your drapes...... Unless your drapes are textiled to look like dead animals or an oil spill, or both I would argure that perhaps they dont clash, but strongly disagree. IMO.

As for what you stated ubove, I strongly agree. But unfortunatly we will aways be governed. So I'll just say, I do enjoy living in a country that allows me some freedom. Kudos.

As for the Earth being free.... I think as you stated she is and has always been free. We are not harming her, but instead we are changing her, and harming ourselves. Volcanos erupt throwing massive amounts of ash and carbon into the air. According to this mandate, the Earth herself would be in direct voilation. And what happens to all the meteors? Are they also in violation of harming her air, and causing explosions? hmmmmmm.

As for us.... to date, I dont know that we have ever created anything that was alien to this earth. Yeah there is alot trash and so on, but these materials were here already. We just manipulated them into other things. So even trash is no more a threat to the earth than your own skin. But does it threaten us, and the animal kingdom? you betcha. Perhaps we need to free ourselves before we free the world.

And is the Earth free? She does have to answer to the sun. Cant just wander off and visit Saturn or Neptune. And the moon, our redheaded stepchild, children do limit freedoms.

Right on !!! Its about time we get back to showing her some respect.:yes:

this is retarded :rofl:

Not withstanding your use of the word " retarded " which is a very rude word, why would you make this statement?:hmm:

Sooooo stupid...

So, does this mean that if I'm parachuting, and I crash into one of Mother Earth's trees and die, that' the Earth will be charged with murder?

First we really need to replace our combustion engines- gasoline engines- already that keep polluting; we're slackin.'

Don't bother about human ways to give her rights,, she knows already knows what to do when things go badly in the future. She did horrible this and that million years ago, when she doesn't like what things turned out, exterminating unnecessary living things. She may be experimenting on best setup, so i suggest we should be what we are, doing what we normally do, and let her judge.. hmm who knows,, she may need supreme villains to make life and everything interesting.. :w00t:

What about rights involving consent? Do I have to get permission in writing from the Earth before I mow my lawn? plant a garden? dig a hole?

I understand the reason for protecting the planet but human rights? The term 'Not Applicable' comes to mind.

So, does this mean that if I'm parachuting, and I crash into one of Mother Earth's trees and die, that' the Earth will be charged with murder?

That's not even logical..... If someone is holding a knife out in front of them and you jump onto it then that person doesn't get charged with murder........ Cause it was your fault.

Really boliva? Am i the only one who thought you had to be smart to run a country.

dont get me wrong i'm all for saving the planet its the only one we got. But human rights for earth

that dosn't even make sense.they could have said "lets save the planet cause if we dont your all going to die"

No planet no life. i admit its a little shock and awe-ish but its alot better then human rights for earth. whats next giving mars the right to vote. makeing all meteors to get a green card.

I swear to god if i loose my job to one of those moon of saturn.

Geeze...and now the government will need to create a position for this new "human rights" entity. Then form several committees to make sure the new entity is being properly taxed, arrested, lied to, etc.

This one new position for our earth has one good side...the government will need to create at least 250,000 new jobs and give it a budget of five or ten billion to make sure we sufficiently mess up our planet more than the fast track it is already on! Oh, can we vote on any of these new rights or is this going to be handed to Congress???

That's not even logical..... If someone is holding a knife out in front of them and you jump onto it then that person doesn't get charged with murder........ Cause it was your fault.

Ummm... sadly Coffey, you are wrong. You COULD be sued for it.

Recently, an American woman successfully sued a supermarket when she tripped over a small child that was running around uncontrolled. She won several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Firstly, the child was not the supermarkets problem.. but they had to pay up anyway.

Secondly.. and here's the kicker.. it was HER child.

Don't confuse "logic" with "law"

meow purr :)

Really boliva? Am i the only one who thought you had to be smart to run a country.

dont get me wrong i'm all for saving the planet its the only one we got. But human rights for earth

that dosn't even make sense.they could have said "lets save the planet cause if we dont your all going to die"

No planet no life. i admit its a little shock and awe-ish but its alot better then human rights for earth. whats next giving mars the right to vote. makeing all meteors to get a green card.

I swear to god if i loose my job to one of those moon of saturn.

Erm, George Dubbya Bush?

Ummm... sadly Coffey, you are wrong. You COULD be sued for it.

Recently, an American woman successfully sued a supermarket when she tripped over a small child that was running around uncontrolled. She won several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Firstly, the child was not the supermarkets problem.. but they had to pay up anyway.

Secondly.. and here's the kicker.. it was HER child.

Don't confuse "logic" with "law"

meow purr :)

This is what we call a urban myth. It never actually happened.

What about rights involving consent? Do I have to get permission in writing from the Earth before I mow my lawn? plant a garden? dig a hole?

I understand the reason for protecting the planet but human rights? The term 'Not Applicable' comes to mind.

Ummm dude, it was a joke.

Treating an inanimate object like a living thing is pointless. I've never much liked the "Mother Earth" concept. Earth is just a chunk of molten/solid rock with water and air around it. It's the ecosystems and actual living organisms on the planet that we should try not to pollute and destroy, not some abstract force.

when the state elevates stones and trees above the rights of people, there is enormous potential for abuse (of people) by the state. will states move populations out of the country and into compact gettos to protect "mother earth".

That's probably the most unlikely scenario anyone has ever come up with. Seriously.

That's probably the most unlikely scenario anyone has ever come up with. Seriously.

it was in the cancuun climate summit exective summary. bueracrats and NGOs don't need your permission, they don't even need to inform you.

"Over the next few years, the resilience – or capacity for recovery – of Mexico’s economic, social and natural systems to climate change will depend on the social, political and programmatic initiatives put in place to reinforce and restore their integrity, while reorienting development towards sustainability. For this to be possible, industrial, communications and energy infrastructure will need to be expanded and reconfigured, primary production will need to increase, and the conservation of natural ecosystems, their biodiversity and environmental services, land use planning and the relocation of settlements in high risk areas, will all need to be given greater impetus."

http://www.cop16.mx/en/mexicos-actions/executive-summary-special-climate-change-program-20092012-mexico/

http://www.infowars.com/climate-alarmists-push-forced-relocation-at-cancun-summit/

This is horrible, if we are putting human rights on mother earth...we are being in TOTAL slavery...extending to rights to a dam planet, this could go to other planets..gahd the slavery would be tremendous. The earth just is, it does not need any 'rigths'....god save us all..and yes I am just using that as a phrase..but man..that is som scary crap to be thinking that they are doing this...I hate the UN..and I hope they know this and know how f'd up they are. The End.

Won't happen. Ever.

Don't rights usually come with responsibilities? Do we get to charge her with murder when a string of tornadoes hits a small town?

Ugh, FGS. The Earth isn't a person. I can see arguing to clean up our messes--nice dream but we're gonna die off in huge numbers before it happens--but human rights do not go to an Elephant, let alone a Planet. Or a Whale. Or any animal. (They went to Dolphins, but considering some of the nasty things those creatures do. . . ) This has to be a shock tactic. There is no way in anything that this is passing.