Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'The Missing Times' book.

The Religious Hoax

http://www.themissingtimes.com/index.xhtml

This books is recommended by Dr. Haisch from www.ufoskeptic.com. I am ordering this ASAP, as it appears to be the only scholarly book dealing with the media being in collusion with our intelligence agencies regarding it's treatment of the ETH. I am a bit hesitant to read this after I saw the reviews. Nearly every reviewer of this book became enraged by the uncovered lies and half-truths.

Segments in this book deal with the Malmstrom AFB incident, but the author isn't trying to make you believe in the ETH. It is supposedly more of an examination of how unseen forces dictate the MSM.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Religious Hoax

• Spectre1979

• booNyzarC

• TheMcGuffin

This press conference about UFOs over Washington DC in 1952 was the biggest since World War II, but Gen. Samford wasn't telling the entire truth. They weren't the result of temperature invesions and there were certain patterns to their behavior--especially interest in nuclear facilities:

This column by Bill Henry, a well known jounalist of the era, just said that the military didn't know what the saucers were but was really trying to find out--and was ready to shoot them down if necessary:

http://www.roswellproof.com/ShootDown_LATimes_80152.html#anchor_11

And here are a number of newspapers from July 29, 1952, reporting that Truman had ordered the Air Force to "shoot them down":

http://www.roswellproof.com/ShootDown_INS_72952.html

There are no media reports like these nowadays, even though we know the saucers haven't gove away.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

According to the Air Force's own studies, the Washington DC UFOs of 1952 were not the result of temperature inversions as Gen. Samford claimed. They went even further and said that temperature invesions had NEVER caused UFO reports.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZS_gVFQ0MDcC&pg=PA61&lpg=PA61&dq=john+samford+press+conference+transcript&source=bl&ots=c3rx1ZKan-&sig=ht57zm25X3vhrn8SuhRnqQR0Ur0&hl=en&ei=16GoTejMMoW3tweqy4XeBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=john%20samford%20press%20conference%20transcript&f=false

• 1 month later...

So I have finally started reading this (just finished up James Ellroy's LA quartet, best fiction ever).

Apparently there are OVERT CIA liasions to all MSM outlets that help craft MSM's message (or lack of) regarding the ETH. You can read the first few pages of this book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0738836125/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1

I'll post more thoughts/reviews as I plod through this book. So far so good. The author is well educated, and this book is very scholarly with works cited and lots of good research :)

Edited by The Religious Hoax

Near the end of the first chapter, Mr. Hansen draws an interesting comparison of science's treatment to ETH/FTL by comparing science's reaction to the Wright Brother's first flight. The leading science journal at the time was 'Scientific American'. It took over 5 years for that publication to recognize that 'heavier than air flight' was indeed possible, and to give due credit to the Wright Brothers.

This book's content is maddening. At one time in the 60's, there were over 200 CIA agents working within the MSM. Any articles published by MSM regarding the ETH should be promptly disregarded:

http://danwismar.com/uploads/Bernstein%20-%20CIA%20and%20Media.htm

The more I read this book, the less I take the MSM seriously. The notion that we have a free press is looking more and more like a farce. If you are looking for the truth about ETH, you won't find it in the MSM, PERIOD.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am through about the first half of the book. Much to my surprise, the first couple hundred pages only dealt with historical events (such as WWI, WWII & Vietnam) and showed how these campaigns were influenced by by the CIA and federal government, and how the MSM bought in to every lie, and helped further a secret agenda. There is no mention of UFO's or ETH for a good portion of this book. This author is using historical events as a guide to formulating his theory of media complicity in the coverup of UFO's, and he does it in a very scholarly and convincing fashion.

Towards the end of this first section of the book, Dr. Hansen gives us a more recent example of complicit behavior by the media to help further the agenda of the Pentagon & CIA. Here is an excellent write up on the lies that we were all told in order to persuade us to support the Persian Gulf War in Iraq:

http://www.representativepress.org/LiesAboutIraq.html

The next part of the book is going to build a model on how the CIA would most likely treat the ETH as an issue affecting national security. He will use the disinformation that has been released by the intelligence community as a sort of barometer to gauge whether or not what was reported on by the MSM resembles similar tactics used in the past.

Near the end of the first chapter, Mr. Hansen draws an interesting comparison of science's treatment to ETH/FTL by comparing science's reaction to the Wright Brother's first flight. The leading science journal at the time was 'Scientific American'. It took over 5 years for that publication to recognize that 'heavier than air flight' was indeed possible, and to give due credit to the Wright Brothers.

The Wright brothers used the work from other scientists to accomplish their final result. One scientist, who was buoyed by the media (Lord Kelvin) was the most outspoken critic, but everyone dismisses the large role that the media played in this role. Flight models had been toyed with since the days of Da Vinci and earlier. It was their (Wright Brothers) invention of three-axis control that made the plane workable. In 1900 for example, Wilhelm Kress developed the stick control for aircraft but did not apply for a patent. His aircraft, the Drachenflieger, was constructed for water takeoff and made a first successful attempt (it was not a controlled flight like the one of the Wright brothers in 1903, but more or less larger 'hops') in 1901 at the Wienerwaldsee near Vienna. A controlled longer flight was not possible because the engine (made by Daimler) was twice as heavy as Kress had specified in his order, and could be operated only at half of its nominal power output. During one of his attempts at flight taking off from water, his plane was destroyed when it became entangled on debris floating in the lake.

I am sure I have seen Stanton Friedman use the same analogy. It is inaccurate the way it is conveyed.

Thanks for the history lesson Psyche! Good stuff! I think the point Terry Hansen is trying to make is that 'heavier than air' flight was largely regarded as impossible due to the technological times we lived in back then. The points you raised further bolster this. So many people had tried to achieve flight going back hundreds of years. Just like ETH/FTL, many people put forth false claims of finally having reached the heavens through flight, but were all hoaxes. The repeated failed attempts by those you mentioned were probably pretty discouraging to the science community, and only reinforced the perception that flight wasn't possible.

The MSM and scientific community were simply not prepared to adjust their theories and realities to this breakthrough the Wright Brothers achieved. It changed everything, and was very much a disruptive technological advacement.

Eventually their achievement was lauded and praised, it just took 5 years for the MSM and science community to adjust. There are some definite correlations we could make to FTL and interstellar travel :)

Thanks for the history lesson Psyche! Good stuff! I think the point Terry Hansen is trying to make is that 'heavier than air' flight was largely regarded as impossible due to the technological times we lived in back then. The points you raised further bolster this. So many people had tried to achieve flight going back hundreds of years. Just like ETH/FTL, many people put forth false claims of finally having reached the heavens through flight, but were all hoaxes. The repeated failed attempts by those you mentioned were probably pretty discouraging to the science community, and only reinforced the perception that flight wasn't possible.

The MSM and scientific community were simply not prepared to adjust their theories and realities to this breakthrough the Wright Brothers achieved. It changed everything, and was very much a disruptive technological advacement.

Eventually their achievement was lauded and praised, it just took 5 years for the MSM and science community to adjust. There are some definite correlations we could make to FTL and interstellar travel :)

Hey TRH, I did see the point you were making and can see the correlation you mention.

sounds an interesting book...did the analogy come from the book?

Yes, it came from chapter one I believe.

ok thank you. Be good to hear your final thoughts upon completion of the book. :tu:

TRH, this isn't meant to be off topic, and I think you might enjoy this article (Kind of parallels what you are saying this book is about).

I take it with a grain of salt considering the source...BUT...it does make some interesting points and cannot be so easily disregarded in total. If you stop and think about some of the examples it gives, you almost have to acknowledge the vague possibility that some truth is probably included in it...

Enjoy...

http://rense.com/general78/believe.htm

TRH, this isn't meant to be off topic, and I think you might enjoy this article (Kind of parallels what you are saying this book is about).

I take it with a grain of salt considering the source...BUT...it does make some interesting points and cannot be so easily disregarded in total. If you stop and think about some of the examples it gives, you almost have to acknowledge the vague possibility that some truth is probably included in it...

Enjoy...

Wow Damrod! That is one of the most enlightening articles I've ever read. Thank you so much for sharing.

This was very much on topic too, Terry Hansen makes numerous references to Bernays.

Again, thanks!

Wow Damrod! That is one of the most enlightening articles I've ever read. Thank you so much for sharing.

This was very much on topic too, Terry Hansen makes numerous references to Bernays.

Again, thanks!

You are welcome. Here's a couple of Youtubes to pass along with the article...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PE7VHDLnYw&feature=related

Edited by Damrod

You are most welcome TRH, unfortunately I did not get the point across, which is that science never gave up on heavier than air flight, and working examples go back far beyond the Wright Brothers where the scientific community is concerned. The scientific community did not regard them hoaxes, or not possible, they "stood on the shoulders of giants" to achieve the dreams of their predecessors. Emanuel Swedenborg drew up plans for a Flying Machine in 1716. The 1800's was a busy time and many gliders were constructed during this period which ultimately lead to powered flight, unfortunately, the majority of these efforts were doomed to failure, being designed by hobbyists who did not have a full understanding of the problems associated with stability and control. Personally, I feel that some of these failed attempts may well have instigated the animosity between the media and the Wright Brothers. The opposition to powered flight really was initiated 1906, when skeptics in the European aviation community had converted the press to an anti-Wright brothers stance. They insisted the French would be the first to take to the skies. The media then went with Lord Kelvin, and pushed his conclusions, if not an influence. They took one mans opinion and ran with it. Had we decided to go with the media and ignore science history would be quite different. In fact, controversy occasionally still arises over whether the Wright 1903 Flyer I, or the 14-Bis was the first true airplane. The 14-bis was designed by Alberto Santos-Dumont (French), who came from a well to do family and had a very good education. The media had the support of one scientist, not the scientific community who took no notice of the naysayers and spent centuries plugging away at the problem. We had birds in the skies, so plainly, heaver than air flight was indeed possible.

Same with the sound barrier. Man made bullets and whips exceeded the sound barrier whist some said it could not be done. We just have to look around.

What I feel is the the UFO groups and conspiracists are the representation of the 1900 media and their poster boy Lord Kelvin in this instance, and science is doing what it always has, which is plug away in the background undeterred. They will keep attempting to solve the mystery despite being told "the answer" by so many buffs and enthusiasts.

Peer review today takes away the bias that holds science back, such as that which was expressed by Lord Kelvin and the media. Lord Kelvin was more prominent in society than the many who tried to achieve the dream of flight, thus he achieved a better media profile. It was a bit silly for the media and Lord Kelvin to go with such an outlandish ideal, as birds achieve heavier than air flight. I have no idea why a man of science would ignore the example right under his nose, but thank goodness so many other scientists did not. I am sure I could name a good dozen scientists who paved the way to powered flight.

I think the idea that science is opposed to new discovery is a very old ideal, and no longer applicable due to the process of peer review.

FTL is an entirely new can of worms. We have no examples in nature, and we have E=MC2. Powered flight had no such hurdle to overcome.

Edited by psyche101

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an affidavit from the NSA in response to a FOIA lawsuit filed on behalf of some concerned believers. Terry Hansen mentions this a couple of times in his book. About 50% of the data is blacked out. This is 100% proof that the NSA is hiding information regarding ETH/UFO. The judge saw the same information and denied release of further information.

http://www.thewhyfiles.net/pdfs/NSA-yeates-ufo.pdf

Enjoy...

This is a very interesting article. Thanks for sharing! This bit cracked me up:

TV should be watched only with the sound off, since it has generally the same educational value as a lava lamp.
Edited by archernyc

Media deception and disinformation tactics are front and center with the Murdoch/NotW scandal. We may be witnessing the largest and most far-reaching media scandal ever. A big part of Hansen's conclusion is that editors from the MSM are not beholden to the public's interest, and this scandal symbolizes just that. Pay attention peeps, this is a truly historical event unfolding before our eyes.

MSM = mainstream media

ETH = extra-terrestrial hypothesis

MSM = mainstream media

ETH = extra-terrestrial hypothesis

aha, thanks. :)

Now I can re read the thread and it will make sense!

Just started chapter 6, and this book is really getting interesting. Hansen lists all of the cover-up techniques that have been used over the last 60 years by CIA and military, and gives great examples for each.

One striking example of the 'Cover Story' tactic involved the mass UFO sightings over Washington DC in 1952. You know how everyone says "Why don't these supposed ET's land on the White House lawn and announce their presence?"? This incident in 1952 may have very well been their attempt at doing just that. However in the numerous sightings spanning a couple of days, USAF scrambled fighter jets, so we will never know their intentions due to possibly scaring them off.

The cover story used for this sighting was that the multiple radar confirmations were due to 'heat inversions' that produced artificial radar results. This totally overlooks the pilots and air traffic personnel who claimed seeing very large metallic saucer shaped crafts. To this day this lame excuse is blindly swallowed by the MSM. Even back in the 50's this 'heat inversion' theory was considered laughable by anyone using at least half of their brain. Here is an excellent write up about this mass sighting at ufoevidence.org, enjoy!

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc823.htm