Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anorexic hind legged blackbear or Sasquatch?

Synyster Gates

Hi, I would like to share with you all what I saw years back when I was younger (I'm 16 now). This happened around 2003 when I was coming back from a town called Falkland in British Columbia. Me, my mother, my father, and my brother were all in the truck driving down the highway and my dad said that there was a bear crossing the river and when I looked, I saw something that looked way different from any black bear that I have seen. It was somewhat skinny, and it was walking on its hind legs. It stood around 5-7 ft tall and had long arm. I couldn't see if there was paws or claws because I didn't get a good enough look. The creature was black but I did see the snout and ears. Any idea if this could be a diseased bear or a sasquatch? Maybe a hybrid?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster Gates

• NatureBoff

• vitruvian12

• Sakari

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I would like to share with you all what I saw years back when I was younger (I'm 16 now). This happened around 2003 when I was coming back from a town called Falkland in British Columbia. Me, my mother, my father, and my brother were all in the truck driving down the highway and my dad said that there was a bear crossing the river and when I looked, I saw something that looked way different from any black bear that I have seen. It was somewhat skinny, and it was walking on its hind legs. It stood around 5-7 ft tall and had long arm. I couldn't see if there was paws or claws because I didn't get a good enough look. The creature was black but I did see the snout and ears. Any idea if this could be a diseased bear or a sasquatch? Maybe a hybrid?

Your Dad said there was a Bear crossing the river.....What more do you need?

wetbear.jpg

standing_bear.jpg

Pretty creepy, if you stare at it. :lol:

I know that's the grizzly but proves the anorexic look thing, it was wet.

Edited by Dharma D

If you want I can sketch and try my best at getting it.

Nice story Ritchie. Did it have the body shape and size of a calf by any chance i.e. baby cow with long skinny legs? The reason is that your description fits the giant hyrax hypothesis, a.k.a 'werewolf' or dogmen etc. It could also have been looking for fish incidentally.

Nice story Ritchie. Did it have the body shape and size of a calf by any chance i.e. baby cow with long skinny legs? The reason is that your description fits the giant hyrax hypothesis, a.k.a 'werewolf' or dogmen etc. It could also have been looking for fish incidentally.

It seems that almost everthing fits your giant hyrax hypothesis

His Dad said " look a Bear is crossing the river ".......He didn't say " WTF is that crossing the river".

Wouldn't you think the adult in the situation would know what they are seeing?......Come on....

His Dad said " look a Bear is crossing the river ".......He didn't say " WTF is that crossing the river".

Wouldn't you think the adult in the situation would know what they are seeing?......Come on....

Excuse me for a moment. He was DRIVING and only looked at it for a second so he said it was a bear but it clearly didn't look like one. So don't get all negative buddy.

Excuse me for a moment. He was DRIVING and only looked at it for a second so he said it was a bear but it clearly didn't look like one. So don't get all negative buddy.

Did it look like this photograph of a male dogman on it's hind legs Ritchie? Rural Clackamas County Photo, December, 1997. Note that the sasquatch researchers didn't even consider a 'dogman' explanation which gives it 100% authenticity imo.

Did it look like this photograph of a male dogman on it's hind legs Ritchie? Rural Clackamas County Photo, December, 1997. Note that the sasquatch researchers didn't even consider a 'dogman' explanation which gives it 100% authenticity imo.

Since when was that picture proven to be a dogman? And you can even determine that its male? Impressive.

Sorry dude, but I've got to go with your dad on this one. He may have been driving, but you were 7-8 years old.

I am not being negative....Unless being " negative " to you is not saying " YOU GOT A BIGFOOT!!!!......OMG!!!!! "

Sorry, I am a father also, I drive also, I have also driven through places with wildlife present.....Yellowstone, Yosemite , Tahoe, Sierra's, Pacific Coast......And a lot of this on a motorcycle.I have also done a lot of hunting that includes driving on some pretty hairy roads.I have seen Bear, Elk, Deer, Coyotes, Antelope, Wolf, Turkey, etc...from my vehicle while driving.

I have also seen things I could not recognise, and when I did I did not say " hey a bear crossing the river"...I would say " what the Hell was that?".( and I have numerous times, and stopped to see ).....Being a Father I can say your Dad would not have pointed a bear to you if he was not sure it was a Bear.

I also know 99% of the time I was driving around with my son, I was paying attention to the road and just off of it, while my son was either staring off into space, or playing with something.This is the same for anyone.

Make out whatever you want of it....Also remember, your Dad saw more of it than you did, he is the one who pointed it out to you.I would say he had a longer and better view.

Edited by Sakari

Sorry but it did not look like that. The back was more up straight than hunched over.

Can you draw a sketch?

Can you draw a sketch?

Ill try. I'll get it on once I set my new comp up with my printer

Sorry but it did not look like that. The back was more up straight than hunched over.

Okay, but what about the distinctive shape of it's legs in the photo, which have a kink? Did you see the forearms? Were they sticking out at a funny angle like in the photo at all? I'm also assuming it's a male due to the mane. You could have seen a female or a wet male, so the mane wouldn't have been prominent. You said you saw the ears and muzzle. Were the ears small and round like a bear's or were they large and round, as reported in other dogman reports??

Ill try. I'll get it on once I set my new comp up with my printer

Or you could produce a rough copy now using paint?

Or you could produce a rough copy now using paint?

I completely SUCK at using paint. But I'll try.

Okay, but what about the distinctive shape of it's legs in the photo, which have a kink? Did you see the forearms? Were they sticking out at a funny angle like in the photo at all? I'm also assuming it's a male due to the mane. You could have seen a female or a wet male, so the mane wouldn't have been prominent. You said you saw the ears and muzzle. Were the ears small and round like a bear's or were they large and round, as reported in other dogman reports??

One arm was going straight out sideways and the other was swung out at a forward angle

post-102844-0-58510800-1303608364_thumb.

Thats my paint sketch. It's not that great but it's what I can give you at the moment.

Edited by Ritchie Blackmore Jr

Thats my paint sketch. It's not that great but it's what I can give you at the moment.

Your dad said it was a bear.

Your own recollection of the creature looks pretty much like a bear.

Why are you so convinced that it wasn't a bear?

Definitely looks like a bear, I also second rafterman. Why not discount it as a bear (which what it really seems to look like) instead of something whose existence is quite unlikely?

You didn't mention that it was wearing a hat!(joke) I assume that it was a large ear sticking out above the profile of the head then?

P.S take a look at this w.r.t the arms sticking out at an angle

Edited by Humblemun

It was almost certainly a bear, and your recollection from when you were 7-8 is likely to be extremely unreliable.

You are looking for a mystery were there isn't one.