Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the weight of the human soul ?

UM-Bot

Yes right, But when we check the digital current, it also work in same way when you trigger One it works and when you trigger Zero it dead. Everything is electric.

There are no perfect analogies and one can always find discrepencies in any attempt to draw a parallel.

Once that connection to the ethereal world is severed, perhaps that physical soul residue disperses.

Perhaps souls behave in the event of death as matter does upon entering a black hole, the matter wouldn't be destroyed but dispersed in a less perceptible way that would account for the loss of weight.

Disperse into what?

First of all, you can't assume something like them all being the same size. And even so, metabolism varies alot between people.

As for lungs... One person could have had a worse respiratory condition than the other. They might not have had as much air to exhale. What if one was a smoker?

But you're perfectly fine with the concept that for every single person, the physical soul weighs the same?

That doesn't sound right to me, actually. I have a different concept in mind for what a soul could be, but it's hard to explain. The closest I can come is the digital information analogy, which only serves to nudge you in the direction of the mindset that I am trying to communicate.

Darn, if only I was telepathic...

As in "This reality is just a simulation that our souls are playing in"?

I hate to be the Devil's advocate here, but has the existence of "the human soul" been proven to be somehow physical/measurable? :unsure2:

Frankly, I was of the opinion that the "soul" was non-corporeal/metaphysical.

I hate to be the Devil's advocate here, but has the existence of "the human soul" been proven to be somehow physical/measurable? :unsure2:

Frankly, I was of the opinion that the "soul" was non-corporeal/metaphysical.

according to the link the answer would be yes. it has weight.

Edited by danielost

Yes right, But when we check the digital current, it also work in same way when you trigger One it works and when you trigger Zero it dead. Everything is electric.

when i said remove all electricity from a computer i meant all including the battery. when it is all gone you lose everything. and if you plug it back in you have to reload everything, the reason you don't have to reload when you turn it off, is because of the battery.

Edited by danielost

according to the link the answer would be yes. it has weight.

Exactly, according to the article the hypothesis is that the human soul has weight. But, upon reading the article I don't see where this has been demonstrated as being factual. The alternate hypothesis that the human soul is non-corporeal/metaphysical (ie, not measurable) seems equally likely to me. Also, (to really be the Devil's advocate) we don't know (outside of faith) if the idea of "the soul" is even a reality.

Exactly, according to the article the hypothesis is that the human soul has weight. But, upon reading the article I don't see where this has been demonstrated as being factual. The alternate hypothesis that the human soul is non-corporeal/metaphysical (ie, not measurable) seems equally likely to me. Also, (to really be the Devil's advocate) we don't know (outside of faith) if the idea of "the soul" is even a reality.

i do, but that is on a personal lvl and goes back to my first memory. which was, "so this is life."

But is not claiming the human soul, of which there is no evidence for, conjecture and hence unscientific. Simply saying it is this is a completely unjustifiable conclusion.

But is not claiming the human soul, of which there is no evidence for, conjecture and hence unscientific. Simply saying it is this is a completely unjustifiable conclusion.

It's obvious (to me anyway) that the entire premise is based on believing that there's such a thing as a soul to begin with. As evidenced by my remark, "Also, (to really be the Devil's advocate) we don't know (outside of faith) if the idea of "the soul" is even a reality".

Therefore, as a belief based assumption it's not scientific. I get this...I was just trying encourage some (any) critical thinking about the matter in general.

Jay Alfred: The idea of a material soul is not new. The Greek philosopher, Heraclitus, who lived in the sixth century BC, thought that the soul was composed of an unusually fine or rare kind of matter, such as air or fire. However, if it was material it had to have some weight. Barbara Brennan, former NASA engineer and now world-renowned energy healer, observes that 'aura' appears to have weight. Robert Monroe also believes that the 'Second Body' has weight, although much less than the carbon-based body. (The terms 'aura', 'astral body' and the 'Second Body' refer to what is generally described as the 'subtle body' in the metaphysical literature. The subtle body has often been loosely identified as the 'soul'.)

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Okay, wait a minute wait a minute! quote:"..the aura "APPEARS TO HAVE SOME WEIGHT" and Rober Monroe "BELEIVES the soul has weight..!

Thought and theory, doesn't mean much to me. I have many thoughts and theories, plenty that others would wish me to qualify., as I do this one.

Agreed, the OP makes it clear that this is a belief. Personally, I have no problem discussing beliefs (I have some of my own). However, as with many things in life, we need to accept what's based on our personal beliefs/faith and what's based on empirical/factual evidence. To do otherwise we end up tossing rational thinking to the wind.

With respect the infamous '1907' experiments, the results are from an extremely small sample - giving heavy bias to those results - and also not in agreement with the later, and I would wager more thorough, experiments carried out by Noetic Science.

Even those experiments, however, do not take into account that the living human being has a very small electrical field running through their body. The action of this field might cause a small weight loss via interaction with the various EM fields produced by the Earth.

Naturally, on death this electrical field ceases to exist and the 'real' weight of the body is revealed.

Trying to measure the soul with a scale seems like trying to measure radiation level with a yardstick.

Trying to measure the soul with a scale seems like trying to measure radiation level with a yardstick.

Oh, I do like that analogy. :yes:

there were two tests. in both cases, the dead bodies lost the same weight in that test. so the question is what could every one lose at death that weighs the same in every body.

electric, would be based on the size of the body.

air again depends on the size of a persons lungs which in most cases is based on a persons genes.

Disperse into what?

Space? Whatever physical component there was to the soul would cease to be locked in the vessel that is the body and disperses into space(and I don't mean "outer space", I mean space as in three dimensions). It sounds strange, but it's concievable if a soul at some point manifests physically.

But you're perfectly fine with the concept that for every single person, the physical soul weighs the same?

Absolutely. Is it not the same soul that inhabits a person regardless of their age and size? Does a soul actually grow in physical mass as a person grows older?

As in "This reality is just a simulation that our souls are playing in"?

EXACTLY, except for the connotations of fiction and false reality that the word "simulation" contains. I often wonder if the physical universe as we know it exists only to support sentient life and the souls that inhabit them.

Emphasis on the word wonder. I don't believe in anything I haven't personally observed, it's all speculation.

The action of this field might cause a small weight loss via interaction with the various EM fields produced by the Earth.

Naturally, on death this electrical field ceases to exist and the 'real' weight of the body is revealed.

I fail to understand how exactly electricity translates to weight(although I suppose it should be as concievable as a soul doing so). Could you explain this a little more?

I fail to understand how exactly electricity translates to weight(although I suppose it should be as concievable as a soul doing so). Could you explain this a little more?

When two EM fields intersect, there are regions within that intersection where forces are diminished, strengthened or repel each other. It is possible to levitate a magnet, for example, in an electric field. It is also possible for one charged object to be repelled by another, or attracted.

The force involved may be tiny, and result in a minute weight-loss, but that is exactly what has been witnessed, a very minute weight-loss when the bodies internal electric field 'switches off'. Gravity might not be the only force pulling us to Earth.

there were two tests. in both cases, the dead bodies lost the same weight in that test. so the question is what could every one lose at death that weighs the same in every body.

electric, would be based on the size of the body.

air again depends on the size of a persons lungs which in most cases is based on a persons genes.

As Leo stated before, the 1907 test was hardly a definitive one. Out of 6 cases he discarded 2. Out of the 4 one lost weight, two lost weight and continued to lose more over some time, and one lost weight and gained it back. It seems hard to get a consistent number from that outcome other than averging. I suppose you could conclude that souls do have weight but choose to behave radically different from one another, coming and going at their own pace. Or you could conclude that the test was nonsense.

As Leo stated before, the 1907 test was hardly a definitive one. Out of 6 cases he discarded 2. Out of the 4 one lost weight, two lost weight and continued to lose more over some time, and one lost weight and gained it back. It seems hard to get a consistent number from that outcome other than averging. I suppose you could conclude that souls do have weight but choose to behave radically different from one another, coming and going at their own pace. Or you could conclude that the test was nonsense.

that still leaves the other test right.

When two EM fields intersect, there are regions within that intersection where forces are diminished, strengthened or repel each other. It is possible to levitate a magnet, for example, in an electric field. It is also possible for one charged object to be repelled by another, or attracted.

The force involved may be tiny, and result in a minute weight-loss, but that is exactly what has been witnessed, a very minute weight-loss when the bodies internal electric field 'switches off'. Gravity might not be the only force pulling us to Earth.

So by mere consciousness, an electromagnetic field is created enough so that it can give the impression of weight? By attracting to the earth's gravity?

I know little of neuroscience, but could everyone have such a similar amount of power to generate this em field?

And aren't there people whose brains slowly fade from consciousness as they approach death? I suppose it would be irrelevant if the people were weighed a while after their death, but I'm still unsure of the EM theory. Perhaps I just don't understand it so well.

Noone imposed it upon you as a definite scientific conclusion.

It's merely an exciting possibility that is worth exploring.

So by mere consciousness

Not by the fact of being conscious, Soul Kitchen. Our very weak EM field is a result of the chemistry of our bodies. I also am not saying this field and gravity (which is not an EM phenomenon) coincide, but that our EM field has a very slight attraction to the EM field(s) produced by the Earth.

I have not investigated this idea, so it is only speculation, but I propose it as a possible explanation for the otherwise unexplained weight-loss in the deceased.

Not by the fact of being conscious, Soul Kitchen. Our very weak EM field is a result of the chemistry of our bodies. I also am not saying this field and gravity (which is not an EM phenomenon) coincide, but that our EM field has a very slight attraction to the EM field(s) produced by the Earth.

I have not investigated this idea, so it is only speculation, but I propose it as a possible explanation for the otherwise unexplained weight-loss in the deceased.

That is a very outlandish theory, but impressively so.

I thought it was established science and I was alarmed at having heard nothing of it, but I now realize you were only speculating. It sounds very believable, though.

You really should look into it more, it could be the explanation.

Anyways, so every living human being apparently has a positive or negative charge? Which one would it be, positive or negative? It shouldn't be hard to determine.

Does the gravity of the earth have a similar charge? Does it coincide with that of our bodies?

Or am I misunderstanding the nature of em fields and gravity?

I'm pretty sure that such attraction results from positive and negative charges.

Anyways, so every living human being apparently has a positive or negative charge?

If I m right, every living being has a positive and negative charge inbuilt. Without negative circuit will be incomplete and with the help of gravity everything is grounded.