Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright white flash in my room

Marlene

This happened about 8 years ago:

One night i was on my bed and i couldn't fall asleep,i was facing the wall just thinking when all of a sudden my whole wall lights up the brightest white i've ever seen.The Flash of light was really quick and i didn't want to turn around to face the middle of my room being afraid of what i would find.After a couple minutes i finally had the courage to get up and walk across to my parents room tell my mom what just happened, after telling her what i saw she said she saw it too but that the light creeped under her door halfway.

i have no idea what this could be,

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marlene

• Shiloh17

• vitruvian12

• Doctor_Strangelove

It could have been something like this, captured on a Police cam, at night. Watch the sky...

I've seen light so bright, everything was a different shade of white. Was it that bright?

i didn't turn around and until the flash was gone,the light that i saw on my wall was a reflection.

i didn't turn around and until the flash was gone,the light that i saw on my wall was a reflection.

Where is your room's window in relation to the light on the wall?

at that time the window was to top left,not too far.

but i have blinds.

Blinds dont keep everything out always, could they have been open a bit? Are you rulling out the idea that the light came from outside?

It is possible that it could have been heat lightning..can happen I guess if there are no clouds.

Could have been something electrical..like a street light malfunctioning.

Was it stormy out that night? Were there banks of clouds off in the distance?

This reminds me of something that happens to me sometimes. Things will get so bright all I can see is white but it only lasts a few seconds. It usually happens when I stare at a screen for too long. Do you have a tv in you room you were watching? IDK what to say about your mom seeing it too. But honestly I think it could have some sort of lightening or maybe a transformer blowing up near by or something or maybe even car headlights with brights on flashing by your window.

It could have been something like this, captured on a Police cam, at night. Watch the sky...

It's interesting that you post that video as an example, I can vividly remember seeing that exact meteor. Did I ever mention interesting things rarely happen in Alberta? :P

Any way, I doubt it was a meteor because when that meteor flashed across the sky, that's all that everyone would talk about around here. OP would surely have heard of it.

Now, what is more likely is some sort of artificial light source such as a headlight or a flood lamp from outside. Maybe even a quick bit of lightning.

It's interesting that you post that video as an example, I can vividly remember seeing that exact meteor. Did I ever mention interesting things rarely happen in Alberta? :P

Any way, I doubt it was a meteor because when that meteor flashed across the sky, that's all that everyone would talk about around here. OP would surely have heard of it.

Now, what is more likely is some sort of artificial light source such as a headlight or a flood lamp from outside. Maybe even a quick bit of lightning.

It was actualy a meteor,

"The meteor in Edmonton did not land. It merely brushed the upper reaches of our atmosphere as it zoomed by. The brilliant light given off was a result of the heat from the friction between the air in our atmosphere and the meteor itself, traveling at speeds close to 20,000 miles per hour. Once it left our atmosphere, there was no more friction, and hence, no more light."

"When Burt the turtle sees the flash, he knows what to do! Duck, And Cover!"

Seriously, though, it could have been lots of things.... Heat lightening can sometimes happen even if you don't hear thunder, actually it happens quite frequently here, it can light up a whole dark room and spook you if you aren't expecting it. Maybe it was some kind of an electrical issue? Are there power poles nearby? Streetlights? Maybe a vehicle passing by? Even a little light from outside can illuminate a dark room pretty well, unless you have special blackout blinds that don't let any light in at all.

It could have been a meteor cuz i watched a show and a meteor somewhere in the states lit up a whole town brighter than the sun

Seen plenty of white flashes when plugs or lights blow their fuses.

• 4 weeks later...

A bright light once flashed randomly in my room as well. When it occurred, I had a cat laying by my side, and it also noticed the flash and actually stood up with it's tail hair puffed up. I noticed it occurring near my lights, but my lights hadn't been switched on since the previous night.

• 2 months later...

This happened about 8 years ago:

One night i was on my bed and i couldn't fall asleep,i was facing the wall just thinking when all of a sudden my whole wall lights up the brightest white i've ever seen.The Flash of light was really quick and i didn't want to turn around to face the middle of my room being afraid of what i would find.After a couple minutes i finally had the courage to get up and walk across to my parents room tell my mom what just happened, after telling her what i saw she said she saw it too but that the light creeped under her door halfway.

i have no idea what this could be,

I've seen flashes like this outside our cabin. Please read my post under "bright flash of light."

That. Was. Awesome!

Just feel sorry for whoever got hit by it :<