Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

That book I wrote...

markprice

...was something I did out of necessity. Posting about evil, demons, devils, and the entire demonic realm etc. I've learned by now is not good for my health. I really feel this stuff because I know what it feels like, so of course it does not feel good, but anyone who is serious about the entire spectrum beyond the physical universe can go ahead and read the book: The Devil's Canyon by Mark Price.

Needless to say, it's not a feel good tale; it's the devil's canyon for christ's sake; and it was the real deal. If I was into self promotion, I would post the Writer's Digest review, but that's not what this is about. This is about the one person who might truly understand all of it, or most of it. Some people understand parts...if someone does read it and thinks they understood, then send me a PM because I would be very surprised.

So I'm putting this out there as sort of a hail mary challenge with very little hope for success. But mostly because I feel like I keep repeating myself for deaf ears at this point in the forums. I mean you gotta really want to know the truth before someone can tell it to you with any real hope of understanding (available at amazon-dot-com etc.).

Good luck, and good night.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markprice

• Paracelse

• Lucky7

• daviddee

Whenever i see the title of the book, i keep seeing "The Devil's Crayon". :P

So, what you're saying is that the book is the truth.

Whenever i see the title of the book, i keep seeing "The Devil's Crayon". :P

So, what you're saying is that the book is the truth.

Eighteen years in that god forsaken canyon. I have been accused of using crayons for the cover art, and they were part right. I mixed a few crayons with acrylic when I first moved there. I had no idea about the entity or the symbolism at the time. To answer your question: fictionalized to protect the guilty.

• 3 weeks later...

I will have to pick this up, I love to read when in my travles, it makes the time go by. I also like to be "In the Know" if you know what I mean.

I think people should network more with thier information, as to keep it to themselves. But that's just me....

David Dee

Sounds like a good read. Whether I believe it or not will have to wait till I've read it. Sadly, I don't have the £10 to spare for it just now. I'll see if the library has a copy though.

Yeah, you could ask a library to get a copy and then check it out. One person read the whole thing in a single five hour sitting (have coffee or alcohol handy). It's much time condensed with minimal descriptions (I got criticized for that).

that the book you wrote? it is wonderful.

THANKS, I like to think of it as badass and essential. I walked away from my Hollywood connections decades ago(actually North Hollywood), but if there is an aspiring producer/director out there: think Jeremiah Johnson/One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest/The shining/The Exorcist/ETC. and you got the idea...

• 1 month later...

You own the rights...can you publish it on-line? I'd like to read it.

This sounds interesting, I'll try and see if I can find it at my local library.

I'm not sure I understand why people don't actually like to own the physical book anymore. I'm reading Clive Barker's Mister B. Gone at the moment and could never imagine reading that on a computer screen. My book is sort of like that: a kind of possessed entity--The Devil's Canyon being that physical entity. Harmless to read about yet it does exist. But there is much more to it than that of course...

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure I understand why people don't actually like to own the physical book anymore. I'm reading Clive Barker's Mister B. Gone at the moment and could never imagine reading that on a computer screen. My book is sort of like that: a kind of possessed entity--The Devil's Canyon being that physical entity. Harmless to read about yet it does exist. But there is much more to it than that of course...

It's all going Kindle and books on mobile phones! I have a few books on my mobile, but you can only read a 'text' portion at a time, which is annoying as your finger gets sore from scrolling down constantly. But... that's the future Mister Price.

By the way, everyone, Mark's book is worth a look in ! Grab a copy if you can.

Simply because it's not available in all countries, I check out Amazon and I can't get it. ;)

Simply because it's not available in all countries, I check out Amazon and I can't get it. ;)

No Amazon for France? Hmm..

Barnes & Noble?

BTW, nice natural rock bonsai in your av. I've been finding a lot of those lately and just removing a few branches for aesthetic reasons then leaving them where they are. I transplanted one into a pot successfully, but only one because it's risky. I seem to be the only one around who likes to sharpen my bonsai skills in the woods, which is good because people make mistakes and need practice. It's quite an amazing art, actually.

No Amazon for France? Hmm..

Barnes & Noble?

BTW, nice natural rock bonsai in your av. I've been finding a lot of those lately and just removing a few branches for aesthetic reasons then leaving them where they are. I transplanted one into a pot successfully, but only one because it's risky. I seem to be the only one around who likes to sharpen my bonsai skills in the woods, which is good because people make mistakes and need practice. It's quite an amazing art, actually.

There is Amazon.fr here but the book is not available in that particular page .. BN ships to France at very high costs but only for books bought through Alibris

There is Amazon.fr here but the book is not available in that particular page .. BN ships to France at very high costs but only for books bought through Alibris

here it is

It's all going Kindle and books on mobile phones! I have a few books on my mobile, but you can only read a 'text' portion at a time, which is annoying as your finger gets sore from scrolling down constantly. But... that's the future Mister Price.

By the way, everyone, Mark's book is worth a look in ! Grab a copy if you can.

They used to say that the future would be traveling through the air with "jet-packs". Can you imagine the convenience of jet-pack mountain climbing?

No thanks, I would rather feel the mountain and turn each page...in fact I chose the publisher based on the quality of their paper.

They used to say that the future would be traveling through the air with "jet-packs". Can you imagine the convenience of jet-pack mountain climbing?

No thanks, I would rather feel the mountain and turn each page...in fact I chose the publisher based on the quality of their paper.

Yes, I agree that nothing can replace the feel of a real book, the smell of the pages, the feel of the paper between your fingers, the ocassional paper cut. I am not saying that books should be done away with, all I'm saying is that paper comes from trees and there is the conservationist viewpoint to consider. I love books and I know you do too.