Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing pictures when closing eyes

Lovelybloom

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

i posted this in another post, but was not the right area, so am reposting...

• Like 9

This sounds to me like clairvoyance... the ability to see with your mind's eye (your third eye).

When you closed your eyes your focus moved to your third eye. If the picture was pretty clear and vivid then I would say you had very good clairvoyant abilities. How often has this happened? If it only happened that one time then some other factors may have influenced it.

• Like 2

This has only happened to me that one time, and the picture was very clear... it was as if i was watching a video with my eyes closed. it scared me because it had never happened before, since then ive tired to close my eyes and make me self be in a relax mood. But nothing happens. I really wish it would happen again, because am curious to know what it is that i needed to know that day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This sounds to me like a daydream.

Doesn't everyone get random pictures in their mind when they are just chilling with their eyes closed?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

This sounds to me like a daydream.

Doesn't everyone get random pictures in their mind when they are just chilling with their eyes closed?

Yes, we do. This could just be a more extreme version of the common phenomenon.

Don't we all have dreams that sometimes look and feel like a movie or ones where you wake up saying to yourself, "Jeez, that felt real"?

Don't we also have times where we drop-off for a few minutes while just resting our eyes and getting cosy? Tis like a 2minute dream before you wake with a start.

They can be unsettling those mini-dreams.

(maybe it's just me... lol)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

no, i think i would know if i was day dreaming or just dreaming in general. u usally have to be wanting to day dream in order to do so. i actully have to be sleepy to fall asleep... i was just laying there and a picture started opening up, in the shape of a circle to a bigger circle. it freaked me out so i just opened my eyes

• Like 2

Yes sounds like clairvoyance, as with any ability practice makes perfect.

Since it only happened once in your life though it may just have been a coincidence. If you were a natural born clairvoyant you would have had many episodes like this one throughout your life.

o okay, i understand now, it was just really confusing to me. Because i never had that happen before... and hasnt happened since. But thank u for explaining, its good to know it was just a coincidence.

Hmm... maybe I'm clairvoyant too and I just always thought is was daydreams. ;) This is such a weird topic for me because what you are describing is just what happens when I close my eyes and am not thinking about anything. There are always movies playing in my mind, or pictures floating through it... very clear and defined. I always thought it was just... ya know... imagination.

Are you a writer by any chance? Into some creative thing?

And what do other people see if they are just chilling? Nothing? Just blank?

• Like 1

Hmm... maybe I'm clairvoyant too and I just always thought is was daydreams. ;) This is such a weird topic for me because what you are describing is just what happens when I close my eyes and am not thinking about anything. There are always movies playing in my mind, or pictures floating through it... very clear and defined. I always thought it was just... ya know... imagination.

I sometimes see Jessica Alba surfing down my street. Tis great.

(I can see whatever my imagination wants to see)

Edited by Eldorado

Isn't that just normal for everyone with some "good" fantasy? In Germany we call this "head cinema".

• Like 1

Isn't that just normal for everyone with some "good" fantasy? In Germany we call this "head cinema".

I think so. I once played in Champions League final for my team and scored 3 goals... all in my head.

It's just a form of hallucination, really.

Lot's of people experience it and it is harmless mostly as long as one recognizes that it means nothing.

no i'm not a writer,...lol.... why?

no i mean it was not a picture playing through my mind or something i was thinking of in my mind, it was a picture that appeared right in front of my eyes out of nowhere... i was not thinking of anything. I just closed my eyes not even for a few mintues, and a picture started appearing. It's like i said earlier it was as if i was watching tv with my eyes closed, i know what it's like to imagine something and make things up in you're mind but that was nothing like that.

one can only say it was my imagination, but i didnt even have that type of imagination when i was small, y would i have it now that am older.

yes most of the time when i close my eyes it is blank... no pictures or nothing, the only time i saw a clear picture was that one time

You would need this to happen more frequently before you can call it more than just nothing. Clairvoyants, remote viewers do see with their mental eye, but the difference between them and imagination is they can actually get confirmations of what they see and how it relates to a specific person, problem, event or themselves. It's all down to whether it can be confirmed, otherwise it is pretty meaningless.

• Like 3

yes most of the time when i close my eyes it is blank... no pictures or nothing, the only time i saw a clear picture was that one time

See, that to me is very, very weird. My mind's eye, if you will, is never blind. I never have 'blank' in my head. And I'm not talking about imagining things actively either. Not like 'Ahhh.. I could use a vacation" and images of beaches pop up or anything. Just empty mind images.

I guess I asked if you were a writer because stories come to me like this. They just form in my head without thinking about them. It's like a picture appears or a movie starts and then I tease it into the shape of a story I can write.

• Like 1

Lovelybloom,

I have had similar experiences over the years although not identical to yours. Sometimes when I'm completely relaxed and on the verge of sleep, odd and unfamiliar things will pop into my head. I will see the most unique and detailed faces, like pictures, in my minds eye. I'm not even fully aware or conscious until they start popping up. The people look like from all walks of life and all time periods. Its not just people, I also at times see vivid and extremely detailed images of places I've never seen before. I'll "hear" someone say a short sentence of commentary on things that are meaningless to me or on things I'm not sure what they are talking about.

One time, like a movie, I zoomed onto a scene of a guy at a restaurant chatting with a few people, at a round table that was set next to to wide open doors like the walls you see in tropical places that open up. It was like eaves dropping in another time and place.

I really wish these were some sort of psychic related visions but they all have no meaning or significance. I'm inclined to believe its just my mind slipping into sleep and processing a million bits and peices of information, trying to make sense of it all.

• Like 1

well then i probably have a very vivid mind at times, cant be that often though lol cause its only happened once. but i will let u guys know if it happens again

Interesting topic because I get that all the time. When I go to bed, just before I fall asleep I see very clear pictures of places and especially faces of people I have never met before.

• Like 2

hey, i got something similar too, even worst, sometimes i see a whole new image without closing my eyes. every time i think of something, i do see something else in my mind, clear 3d diagram, looks very real.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

It is nice to hear that some other people experience this as well.

A few weeks ago I was very tired and I decided to have nap. My friend woke me up after a while. However I decided to keep sleeping.

once I closed my eyes again I was allready seeing somthing. It was like a commercial or just like watching Tv. I was seeing a couple having a breakfast so.

I opened my eyes, I was scared however after closing them again i was still seeing it. It s not only a picture. It is like a movie... Anyway after a while it dissapeared.

Ok that happened once. Out of that sometimes before falling a sleep I see faces as well. I don't even know whoose faces these are.

However, now for me to realize it, it takes only a few seconds. I close my eyes, even tough I am totally awake, I start to see a picture or a kind of scene. Very interesting, it is just happening and i am not controling it I am only able to watch it.

I am not taking any drugs or anything out of alcohol. I am not getting to tired, on the contrary I am sleeping well.

So, I am a real scientific person, I don't usually blieve anything out of scientific explanation. I just wrote it here to tell that it is happening to some other people as well :)

it can be something related with following link. I am not sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

• Like 2

I've had something like this before, except I felt light, like I was floating, I felt like I went somewhere else, I could see somewhere else but it was blurry and I could move around. Like a waking dream. Well then I'd freak out and jolt up or something... so in short I have no idea whats going on for both of us ^^

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Seeing pictures when closing eyes
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked