Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mind of God

UM-Bot

Tammy A. Branom: I have read many times how scientists are seeking the beginnings of the universe. It is the Holy Grail of science. CERN was developed to look for this answer, among other questions. Stephen Hawking has stated that after he gave a lecture on his theories of how the universe began, he met with the Pope. The Pope told him not to go beyond the beginning of the universe because to do so would to be looking into the mind of God. I wonder if the Pope now knows that Hawking (and others) was and is doing just that. There are many speculations on the beginning, growth, and eventual end of our universe. Big bang, big crunch, big rip. Eternal growth to empty darkness, quiet rush into a cosmic tear, or screeching halt and crumple in to a cataclysmic smash. Our universe’s birth, life, and death is anybody’s guess.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• libstaK

• UM-Bot

• philbo

• Oakum

I know you may be thinking this is a bit of a stretch, but most theories are, at least at first. Is it possible that instead of �dark matter� and �dark energy,� we are floating around in brain matter and brain energy? Before you say no, think about this: Would we know? Would we know what a brain from beyond OUR comprehension would be like? We can only say what brain material on our own level, our own reality, is like. We honestly cannot say what the brain matter of--dare I say--God is made of. Perhaps we are in a brain and that matter is an illusion first supplied by the maker and then propagated by us. Therefore, are galaxies, stars, and planets, illusions for us characters to see? Are they our backdrop? Do we create our own reality? Is it a spin off from an original source.

In fact, the Holy Scriptures past, present and future are based on a God / human interaction / story writien by God the Father of the Most High and delivered by His only begotten Son Jesus "The Word" who was and is God's laborer from the beginning. For as God had said that in the beginning, He had made things that were invisible, visible with the help of the Word. Or we can maybe say in this present context that Jesus "The Word" was in fact God's pen to write His story.

KJV:

Book of Genesis

Tammy, good synopsis on the likeness of the universe to a brain by-the-way. For Jesus had said that God the Father was an omnipotent spirit and would definitely be in His entire universe like a brain would be.

Oakum

Edited by Oakum

Neither a stretch nor a new idea either but well presented in this forum :yes:

Bit of a nonsense IMO.

The Universe as a brain concept is totally ridiculus.About as zany as planet Earth being a living organism (another nonsense doing the rounds on the board)

It can be demonstrated through observation and evidence that the Universe is chaotic and actually a very very harsh environment..which is probably why life as far as we are thus aware,is confined to our planet.

A true miracle ..if you are religious.

Edited by philbo

The Pope told him not to go beyond the beginning of the universe because to do so would to be looking into the mind of God.

And who is the Pope to stand in the way of the search for the truth regarding the origin of matter? Matter that has existed for far, far longer than the concept of "God," no less.

Bit of a nonsense IMO.

The Universe as a brain concept is totally ridiculus.About as zany as planet Earth being a living organism (another nonsense doing the rounds on the board)

It can be demonstrated through observation and evidence that the Universe is chaotic and actually a very very harsh environment..which is probably why life as far as we are thus aware,is confined to our planet.

And the Human brain is not a chaotic and actually a very very harsh environment.. when viewed from a sub-Atomic level. Come on, you can do better than an argument like that. Size is dynamic and if we are so much guppies in a large fish bowl there will be no way we could know.

So which is it? Are we physically in a giant brain? Or are we the thoughts of this brain? The article doesn't seem clear on this.

Edited by Toxic Flood

So which is it? Are we physically in a giant brain? Or are we the thoughts of this brain? The article doesn't seem clear on this.

Since when is any mind every really clear on anything :wacko:

Tammy A. Branom: I have read many times how scientists are seeking the beginnings of the universe. It is the Holy Grail of science. CERN was developed to look for this answer, among other questions. Stephen Hawking has stated that after he gave a lecture on his theories of how the universe began, he met with the Pope. The Pope told him not to go beyond the beginning of the universe because to do so would to be looking into the mind of God. I wonder if the Pope now knows that Hawking (and others) was and is doing just that. There are many speculations on the beginning, growth, and eventual end of our universe. Big bang, big crunch, big rip. Eternal growth to empty darkness, quiet rush into a cosmic tear, or screeching halt and crumple in to a cataclysmic smash. Our universe’s birth, life, and death is anybody’s guess.

I think this is refreshing, the people who don't open there own minds for possibilities that anything can be the truth through reasoning are the people who Put the greatest discovery of what life and everything is at a stand still!!! everyone knows earth and earth life is too perfect to be an accident, the mare fact that am typing this and am able to breath in order to be alive is pure fiction. THIS IS GOOD THINKING on your side better than same ol bible this,

god that, big bang etc...MY TAKE ON LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE???? we are not meant to find out...if you do find out insanity might not be far due to lack of interest in this given reality...THE CODE?? to be super strong for when you discover what all existence really is you might annihilation yourself!

Bit of a nonsense IMO.

Just goes to show that you don't understand the concepts.

Do you know the scientific definition of an organism?

All I know is if you can imagine it it already exists and therefore that is WHY you can imagine it. God leaves no stone unturned I imagine.

Just yesterday I was musing about restaurants that didn't need a waitress and lo and behold the very next day (today) I see a news article saying the exact same thing regarding the use of a smart menu touchscreen at every table. I'm think I'm turning japanese. I'm not sure why communication is so mysterious. It isn't. It's just your ego talkin.

Edited by devilmaycare

• 1 month later...

"Earth is the perfect distance from the sun, with the perfect amount of water, the perfect atmosphere, perfect tilt, perfect rotation, perfect gravity, perfect soil. It even has the perfect shields from the sun and space. According to scientists, any slight deviation in any of these “perfections” would have resulted in life not existing on this planet."

I am not so sure of your theory of our universe being a "brain" of a larger entity or life-form. However, the quote from your article written above is proof to me of an omnipotent God. The creator of this universe, Jesus Christ made our world perfect for our planet to sustain the life-forms it is host to. Only a God could make something this perfect. That also goes for the interactions of the earths creatures. Everything fits together perfectly. This did not all happen by chance, there has to be an all knowing God to put it all together. I also believe that God has created other life-forms in our universe. We are not alone.