Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fragmentation

UM-Bot

Mark Dohle: I often wonder; what would happen if I were to actually write down the different voices that clamor for attention in my head… what they would say? I utter ‘they’, but of course they are ‘me’. Once in the Navy, I guess it was in 1970, a group of us were sitting around the barracks talking, when one of the men said lets play a game. It was a strange game, each man was asked to sit in the middle of the group and simply answer as quickly as possible the different questions that we each had about life. I was amazed at some of the answers that were given, if the ‘man in the middle’ was only given a few seconds to answer. Some did better than others of course; it was as if their answers were coming from a place deeper than what they would consciously think about. I know they certainly surprised themselves in how they responded. We were all sipping wine, so I guess that helped a bit to lower inhibitions.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markdohle

• regeneratia

• libstaK

• Mentalcase

Sigmund Freud said that the personality is constructed in childhood .... I don't agree' I believe our personality is already programed into our brain at birth and deconstructed by our upbringing .

The authority figures , whom we encounter during our formative years , have their own ideas about how children should behave , respond , conduct themselves , and so the confusion sets in .

It starts with confusion and because some people are born with spiritual gifts , spirit beings are talking to that child , the child is left trying to work it all out , sometimes the do but mostly they don't .

If you are tapping into the voices of spirits then you should choose one or two to cultivate , after all they've waited a long time to gain your attention , so during meditation reward them by asking them who they are and then start cultivating ....

People with spiritual gifts should practice meditation frequently , during childhood meditation comes naturally , it's called 'Day Dreaming' , but during adulthood our confusion takes over and we lose track of that which we were born to do so we bounce around from job to job and occasionally we stumble onto the right pathway , the spirits are always there trying to be heard and guide .

Children with multiple 4's in their birth date need routine , they thrive on routine and if this pattern is changed they suffer more confusion , these children need predictability during their formative years .

Sigmund Freud said that the personality is constructed in childhood .... I don't agree' I believe our personality is already programed into our brain at birth and deconstructed by our upbringing .

The authority figures , whom we encounter during our formative years , have their own ideas about how children should behave , respond , conduct themselves , and so the confusion sets in .

It starts with confusion and because some people are born with spiritual gifts , spirit beings are talking to that child , the child is left trying to work it all out , sometimes the do but mostly they don't .

If you are tapping into the voices of spirits then you should choose one or two to cultivate , after all they've waited a long time to gain your attention , so during meditation reward them by asking them who they are and then start cultivating ....

People with spiritual gifts should practice meditation frequently , during childhood meditation comes naturally , it's called 'Day Dreaming' , but during adulthood our confusion takes over and we lose track of that which we were born to do so we bounce around from job to job and occasionally we stumble onto the right pathway , the spirits are always there trying to be heard and guide .

Children with multiple 4's in their birth date need routine , they thrive on routine and if this pattern is changed they suffer more confusion , these children need predictability during their formative years .

I find your comments very informative and interesting. I am thankful for your sharing my friend.

Peace

mark

Sounds more like me than you :unsure2:

doug

• 4 weeks later...

I love my inner voices.

Some inner voices do not come from me tho.

I have "heard" my deceased sister twice, once while putting on make-up states away from where I lived, and one when I was exercising.

When my dad just died, just as I tipped on the precipice of sleep one night, when I heard the voice of someone I know ask me if I was alright, her voice popping into my head with no warning.

I remember saying "Yes, (her name, and she is still living), I am ok. Just go back to sleep now." Days later, when I saw her at work, I asked her about it. She said that she was worried about me that night, just before she went to bed, said that is exactly the question she wanted to ask me.

I contend that day-dreaming is necessary. I do not allow the teachers to bring up the issue of "focus and attention" regarding my son, citing that we get lots of information from those moments when we are out of focus, are in reverie. One teachers countered with "I just wonder where he goes when he is day-dreaming." I said, it is a time in his attention when she is NOT directing what he is thinking and to leave it alone.

I love my inner voices.

Some inner voices do not come from me tho.

I have "heard" my deceased sister twice, once while putting on make-up states away from where I lived, and one when I was exercising.

When my dad just died, just as I tipped on the precipice of sleep one night, when I heard the voice of someone I know ask me if I was alright, her voice popping into my head with no warning.

I remember saying "Yes, (her name, and she is still living), I am ok. Just go back to sleep now." Days later, when I saw her at work, I asked her about it. She said that she was worried about me that night, just before she went to bed, said that is exactly the question she wanted to ask me.

I have had those experiences as well, thanks for sharing this with us here.

peace

mark

I have had those experiences as well, thanks for sharing this with us here.

peace

mark

I also have a real inner voice, but that is a private affair, not for publication.

Once I read a statistic that said that 65% of Americans admit to hearing voices in their heads. You can take that where you want it to go. But there are a variety of explanations on what that might be. I sit on the fence on those explanations, for it could be one of them or it could be all of them.

I also have a real inner voice, but that is a private affair, not for publication.

Once I read a statistic that said that 65% of Americans admit to hearing voices in their heads. You can take that where you want it to go. But there are a variety of explanations on what that might be. I sit on the fence on those explanations, for it could be one of them or it could be all of them.

It is like dreams, what are they, perhaps all the theories behind them have something truthful to say. I do know that many of my breakthroughs have come through dreams; for me they are simple grace.

peace

mark

Hmm this talk about inner voices and meditation leads me to ask:

Has anyone experienced the voice of the heart? Yes, I mean the actual heart.

When I meditate I often find thoughts drifting through my mind incessantly. I can choose to observe these and enter into periods of distraction where they lead me away from my purpose in meditation or I can not give them any of my interest at all.

A very good method of doing the latter is to concentrate on the heart chakra and your breath. If you originate your inward, pause and exhalation of the breath from your chest and your heart rather than use your mind to regulate it, an incredible experience occurs. Your thoughts dissappear from your mind and you become light and at complete peace, suddenly you sense a clarity which I really can't use words to describe except that you literally do not know where you end and the world around you begins yet at the same time you are aware of everything physical and your place individually within it. There are no questions to ask and yet the answer to whatever has been plaguing me currently just shows up in a sense of knowing without words - like I said I can't describe it with words very well so forgive me if that was a little garbled.

So I was wondering has anyone heard this voice (for lack of a better word) and what have been your experiences with it?

Edited by libstaK

I believe we all have different voices. With varying levels of mental focus, we are all different. What one person describes could be similar to an other, but much different in reality. People relate to each other, but in more complicated scenarios, the relation is only on the surface.

I was actually diagnosed schizophrenic at the age of 18. I am not or at least, I don't feel like anything is wrong with me mentally. I just didn't have enough life experience to explain how I was truly feeling at that moment. I've had numerous voices going on in my head, but I didn't realize the source of them. Now, at 30 I have a total grasp on my psyche, unlike any of my doctors could even perceive. The voices aren't cluttered any more. Mediation and some discipline has helped me actually listen and learn from what my subconscious is telling me to do. Some call it a gut feeling.

It's great to be able to know your true self.

A very good method of doing the latter is to concentrate on the heart chakra and your breath. If you originate your inward, pause and exhalation of the breath from your chest and your heart rather than use your mind to regulate it, an incredible experience occurs.

Yup I know what you talk of, and for me it is has led to building a connection with my higher self. Learning also that there is indeed a difference between coming from the mind and coming from the heart centre and so it's interesting you point that out.

Yup I know what you talk of, and for me it is has led to building a connection with my higher self. Learning also that there is indeed a difference between coming from the mind and coming from the heart centre and so it's interesting you point that out.

Yes, until it started occurring I never considered taking the adage "listen to your heart" quite as literally as I do these days :yes:

It is like dreams, what are they, perhaps all the theories behind them have something truthful to say. I do know that many of my breakthroughs have come through dreams; for me they are simple grace.

peace

mark

In my thinking, dreams and intuitions and hearing wisdom guidance is merely an expansion of who we really are and what our capabilities are meant to be.

In my thinking, dreams and intuitions and hearing wisdom guidance is merely an expansion of who we really are and what our capabilities are meant to be.

Yes, but we have not created ourselves, what we have are gifts to be developed or not.

peace

mark

Yes, but we have not created ourselves, what we have are gifts to be developed or not.

peace

mark

Mark, we both think we each were indeed present for the creations of ourselves. I do think we are the creators, along with all other sparks.

Collective consciousness is certainly a scary thought for some.

Mark, we both think we each were indeed present for the creations of ourselves. I do think we are the creators, along with all other sparks.

Collective consciousness is certainly a scary thought for some.

We are not that far apart....words can only say so much, it can be a cause of frustration :blush: . Open endedness is the reality, what that entails, well words fail I think. I like the way you process, perhaps we disagree with how we use words my friend.

Peace

mark