Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Olympics?

wunarmdscissor

No1 has started an olympics thread so i thought id better.

I just watche GB winning Gold in the mens rowing, one of the rowers mathew pinsent just won his 4rth gold mdal in a row at 4 consecutive olympics only 2 other competitors have ever achieved such a feat (with sir steve redgrave winnin 5 )

GO GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dancing_Dumplings

• wunarmdscissor

• Nordic_Dragon

• Dowdy

ive been watching gymnastics since it started and now its finished, for the women: USA (Carly Patterson) in first place, Russia (Svetlana Khorkina) in second and China in third.

Svetlana should have taken the gold but Carly beat her by like 0.02 something...Svetlana is the queen of gymnastics!!

ive also been watching the swimming and SOUTH AFRICA won the relay finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one could believe it!!!!! we were all so emotional lol...and we've won another silver aswell... and in rowing we've done pretty well too.

we just beat germany in the womens hockey too...

go south africa!!!!!!!!!!! grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

Brilliant stuff with the rowing this morning, another gold for GB thumbsup.gif

I was watching the Ukrainains and the Japanese a week ago jumping around doing athletic stuff on polls.... they can't be human!! w00t.gif

Brilliant stuff with the rowing this morning, another gold for GB 

Yeah saruman. superhuman effort and the girls did well too they got a silver an a bronze.

I have to say im incredibly proud to be british when the union flag is raisin an the antional anthem is playing.

I was cheering them on like i would teh celtic.

You all should be very proud of your athelets. They have represented your countries with dignity and in most cases humbleness. Good luck to all the nations of the world.

I was watching the Ukrainains and the Japanese a week ago jumping around doing athletic stuff on polls.... they can't be human!!

I though the same thing when I watched the South Africans in the swimming pool .

New Zealand may only have one medal , but atleast it's Gold . well done to the girls in the rowing and let's hope Sarah Ulmer can take one in the cycling later today . thumbsup.gif

okie i gotta question...where the heck is the ping pong! rawr!! lol its the best thing ever! especially when china is up...the lil ball liquifies! grin2.gif i gotta feelin its in the winter ones crying.gif oh also...are the 08 olympics the winter ones or summer...this always confuses the hell outta me.

i love the snyc swimming comps yay japan! and they are girls too tongue.gif makes it even better lol grin2.gif

Edited by Anti_girl17

How about that Michael Phelps!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

lol i swear Michael Phelps isnt human lol its just not possiable!

He's nothing compared to Thorpe

We rule in the pool tongue.gifsasmokin.gif

lol neither of em are human! im tellin ya! i swear no one could move that smoothly in the water and go faster then the others who are hacking away...and win lol

He's nothing compared to Thorpe

We rule in the pool tongue.gifsasmokin.gif

Exactly, Thorpe is a true legend at swimming and at the next olympics he will get the trifecta, the 100m, 200m and 400m freestyle gold medals! Hes the only man in history to win medals in all three freestyle sprint events!!! thumbsup.gif

The aussies already have 27 medals, 11 gold, 6 silver and 10 bronze!!! What a superb effort and we still have a week to go!!!

Every country ive watched so far, every athlete, has given their best and done such a great job that they all deserve our respect and a giant round of applause!!!

Iraq is into the semis after beating australia disgust.gif in the quaters and I hoipe they can go all the way and win the gold. They trully deserve it!!!

Can the aussies finish third on the medal tally for thr first time or will we hang onto fourth spot like last olympics, only time will tell!!!

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! Oi! Oi! Oi!

i like the chinese stats you hear from the commentators

they have over one million weight lifters!!!

and over 20 million table tennis players!! More than the population of Australia laugh.gif

no wonders they always win.

ohhh i found a medals table grin2.gif

pffft the US beat out china for 1st place crying.gif rawr!

Linky

ummm it says...

the 26-29 of aug and the last 2 days are the finals

iver never heard of it before looks cool tho grin2.gif

*cries* crying.gif i missed ping pong *cries* crying.gif

Edited by Anti_girl17

rhythmic gymnastics is beautiful, i would love to learn, i used to do gymnastics and next to our hall was the rythmic hall, i always used to watch them, its soooo beautiful...

What a damn joke this US Olympic basketball team is...Bunch of bling-bling gangsta pansies...

lmao i know right! their prob is that they have always played against each other and not with each other...rawr...it was doomed to fail ever since they thought up the idea for a NBA olympics basketball team. it might have gone better if they had trained them more as a team before the olympics....but sadly not crying.gif

Edited by Anti_girl17

i know double posting..bad bad bad but this has nothing to do w/ the basketball lol

i was just wondering...you probally wont have an answer...but why is the south african relay swim team all white? dont ya think they could have mixed it up a little to show that south africa is back on the right track?... i know they have some black south africans competing in other games....its just i thought apartheid was over crying.gifcrying.gif but they did swim an amazing relay race lol

post-72-1093308753.jpg

Edited by Anti_girl17

US is the dominant country. I wish all of the countries were getting so many gold medals like China and the US.

Anti_girl17,

As well as being the worst reason to put someone into the team it is also racist to do so. Those guys are on that team because they are the best, not because of their skin colour. Maybe, just maybe they didn't have a black swimmer who was good enough to make the relay team ?.

I bet that never even crossed your mind, did it ?.

People should be chosen for their ability to get the job done not because of their race.

Maybe, just maybe they didn't have a black swimmer who was good enough to make the relay team ?.

oh it has...they are amazing swimmers really. but most of the white south africans were a lot more privliged then the black south africans...and i gotta hunch it takes quiet a bit of money to hire a pro olympic swimming coach. cuz swimming is a huge huge part of the summer olympics. but w/e it doesnt matter...what matters is apartheid oovverrr grin2.gifthumbsup.gif