Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sightings warn of alien invasion

Wish they would hurry already and plunder our land.........................least we would have confirmation!

I love your attitude/sarcasm! I have been thinking about what Hawking "allegedly" stated about the dangers of "Contact". I have come to determine one of three things: 1. Hawking is an idiot (I.E.) they must already know we are here and there is nothing we could do to stop them, if they are that advanced. 2. He has become a tool for the "Elitists" who want to keep and accelerate "economic slavery system" on this planet. 3. He does not speak for himself (New World Tool), or was taken completely out of context to create a bit of sensationalism (which sells better) than the typical story line. Whatever it is 1, 2, or 3....I am deeply bothered by it. But I will get over it, so don't worry. "Stranger Danger" and "Contact" being put together in such a manner is ridiculous, ludicrous, and also quite disheartening coming from what I "used to think" of Hawking being a halfway intelligent person.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• BunnyGirl

• DONTEATUS

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the one's that have already been here are much of a threat, at least not at this time. That doesn't mean that there aren't others that wouldn't have a problem wiping us out or using us as food.

Wow, has this thread degenerated. It always surprises me to see people say Hawking is a fool, and then type that he is a tool of the elitists. I looked for a face-palm pic, but could not find one large, nor magnificent enough to suit the current situation.

Yes, these are the people calling Hawking a fool. Ironic isn't it! Most cannot even read well enough to determine when he is speculating or offering a serious hypothesis, but I suspect his intelligence is so high that such simply all collectively zooms over said heads. At FTL too. Gracious ET could sure be forgiven for mistaking earth as having no intelligent life should his access be via such tripe.

Even more ironic, is that these claims come from those who call themselves "openminded".

I don't think the one's that have already been here are much of a threat, at least not at this time. That doesn't mean that there aren't others that wouldn't have a problem wiping us out or using us as food.

Don't worry... if they want to eat humans, they'll probably just clone us in vats or something.

OTOH feral humans might make good pets. Very trainable!

Wow, has this thread degenerated. It always surprises me to see people say Hawking is a fool, and then type that he is a tool of the elitists. I looked for a face-palm pic, but could not find one large, nor magnificent enough to suit the current situation.

Yes, these are the people calling Hawking a fool. Ironic isn't it! Most cannot even read well enough to determine when he is speculating or offering a serious hypothesis, but I suspect his intelligence is so high that such simply all collectively zooms over said heads. At FTL too. Gracious ET could sure be forgiven for mistaking earth as having no intelligent life should his access be via such tripe.

Even more ironic, is that these claims come from those who call themselves "openminded".

Indeed ,Indeed ! That seems to be the problem . Mankind will need to open his mind to ever see whats out there to See !

Stephen Hawkings is quite the Mind of our times. But to say anything is impossible or it can only be this way or another is locking your door to open

processe`s of our thinking process. We need to be sometimes Smacked right in the Face to open our Eyes !

We may have only a few hundred years on this rock left the way we are going !

post-68971-0-03393700-1309269161_thumb.g

I love your attitude/sarcasm! I have been thinking about what Hawking "allegedly" stated about the dangers of "Contact". I have come to determine one of three things: 1. Hawking is an idiot (I.E.) they must already know we are here and there is nothing we could do to stop them, if they are that advanced. 2. He has become a tool for the "Elitists" who want to keep and accelerate "economic slavery system" on this planet. 3. He does not speak for himself (New World Tool), or was taken completely out of context to create a bit of sensationalism (which sells better) than the typical story line. Whatever it is 1, 2, or 3....I am deeply bothered by it. But I will get over it, so don't worry. "Stranger Danger" and "Contact" being put together in such a manner is ridiculous, ludicrous, and also quite disheartening coming from what I "used to think" of Hawking being a halfway intelligent person.

There are few people in the world who would truly think of Hawking as an 'idiot' (excluding maybe some of deeply religious faith), even those in the science communities that disagree with his work. In fact, I think the only people that would really think Hawking is an idiot, must be idiots themselves. No, I'm not saying that you're an idiot, as you only suggested Hawking could be one (much like Hawking only suggested this particular scenario of hostile ETs).

We toss around absolutes, like "If they [aliens] are that advanced, they would blah, blah, blah." Frankly we don't know. We don't know anything about extraterrestrial civilizations. We don't know how an alien people might have advanced, how advanced they are, or what they're using to detect sentient life in the universe.

Stephen Hawking doesn't know everything. I'm sure he would freely admit that. Yes, he's a theoretical physicist, and one of the more notable minds of the 20th and 21st century -- but that doesn't mean he isn't allowed to speculate. He has just as much right to speculate as anyone, and shouldn't have to suffer the angry attacks of those who cannot tell the difference between a possible consideration and a solid statement presented as fact.

I think that Hawking is just the pin-doll du jour. Where once the world seemed in love with this man who overcame so much and helped non-savvy people understand cosmology better, he has now become the easy target for a scared and frustrated little world. Recently, He made headlines again with his statement "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." As you can imagine, it rattled more than a few feathers and saw a plethora of headlines like "Hawking says there is no God!" You'd think this was the first time anyone made such a bold statement. In reality, it is a belief that has been held and vocalized by many in the science communities for a very long time, and argued more vehemently by prominent figures such as by Richard Dawkins. And yet, the spears were all aimed at Stephen, as if he single-handedly brought atheism to the table.

*Edited for spacing

Edited by BunnyGirl

Granted, the arrival of "aliens" to our world could mean trouble. But, also could mean positive things.. The analogy of this planet being used for resources "depletion", is a possibility, if it's like most sci-fi movies. Fear is a belief maker for sure.

I for one, believe that if and when they come, they will greet us as a strange group of life-forms. Cautious and curious. Now maybe they already know of us, and are here to possibly teach us new and amazing things? Throughout the memory of time, we have been told, and have read numerous accounts of visitations by beings from the heavens who have shown us many things.. Many records, or "texts" have been explored showing that this is infact the truth. Even if a small portion of these are true, then more than likely the fear could be justified to a degree. I also believe that if we were to be wiped out, it would have happened by now.

Mr. Hawkings is voicing his overall opinion on the dangers of contact.

I feel that the odds are more in favor of a "friendly" encounter....

As for him being an idiot?? Really?? He is one of the most prominant figures of our time in his field... Kudos to him!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I always thought it was dumb to try and send signals out and put information about us on deep space probes. Look at how evil our government are now. Imagine how evil an ultra advanced civilization might be because the power would go to their head. It's rather slim that any government or race would be some enlightened peaceful entity. It's foolish to broadcast our location to the Universe.