Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

signs from the universe?

aphrodite123

Recently I started asking signs from the universe and it has started giving me .Like I would ask the universe to give me a coin as a sign if this is to happen and i would find a coin on the road.Is the universe answering and I can trust it?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spark Plug

• Dougal

• Rangkor

• Bob Chylan

What do you mean by the universe? A higher power, energy or entity? I would chalk it up to coincidence. After all if you asked for a coin as a sign, wouldn't you be more susceptable to finding a coin on the road. You have already set the condition to be more observant because, you are in fact looking for a sign. :sleepy:

Recently I started asking signs from the universe and it has started giving me .Like I would ask the universe to give me a coin as a sign if this is to happen and i would find a coin on the road.Is the universe answering and I can trust it?

The sceptics here will give you a hard time over this because they dont believe that the mind creates reality.

I challenge you to write a paragraph on a random topic using your own creativity. The more creativity you put into it the better the results will be. Then sit back over the next weak and look for coincidences between what you wrote and reality. You will notice things will start popping up.

Next go read choas theory and learn about fractals. The universe is structured even if it appears random and patterns emerge. What goes on in your head also imprints itself on the universal fractal and your thoughts will start popping up in other places.

I don't necessarily think finding a coin on the road is a sign of anything. Anyone can find a coin on the road if one looks. The coin is already on the road because someone dropped it or something like that. They are all over the place. It did not just magically appear

I find pennies on the road all the time. Never pick 'em up though.

Ask for the Universe to teleport a albino silverback that can play the guitar while surfing, and then you have something.

Edited by Rangkor

I throw pennies on the road occasionally. Maybe I am the 'universe' ;)

Ask for the Universe to teleport a albino silverback that can play the guitar while surfing, and then you have something.

That is a great piece of creativity.

Now notice the following topics popping up over the following days -

Albinos

Silverbacks

Guitars

Surfing

Teleportation

They wont appear how you want them too but these topics will start randomly popping up in your life. Maybe on the news, papers, magazines. Just keep your eyes open and see how many appear. Silverbacks and albinos are the least likely so watch for them most of all.

Edited by Spark Plug

Albinos

Silverbacks

Guitars

Surfing

Teleportation

They wont appear how you want them too but these topics will start randomly popping up in your life. Maybe on the news, papers, magazines. Just keep your eyes open and see how many appear. Silverbacks and albinos are the least likely so watch for them most of all.

They'll appear at the same rate as before, however now that you've suggested to him that they'll appear he'll start NOTICING them more. Just because you don't notice something doesn't mean it's not there.

They'll appear at the same rate as before, however now that you've suggested to him that they'll appear he'll start NOTICING them more. Just because you don't notice something doesn't mean it's not there.

Thats the argument used against it.

The counter argument is to use your creativity to write a poem and really push your creaivity to come up with unique sayings mixed with stuff which has a low chance of appearing. Really tap that subconscious for maximum coincidences.

I've got one - man saws womans leg off for eating leg off jelly baby.

Now lets sit and wait for jelly babies and someone getting their leg sawn off.

Edited by Spark Plug

Albinos

Silverbacks

Guitars

Surfing

Teleportation

this is ridiculous.

by sheer number of topics covered your gonna run into a few of these...

albinos - maybe not as much but i used to see a few on the train everyday.

silverbacks - gorillas are subject to many documentaries.

guitars - used to play music, which is everywhere and a hugely ingrained part of culture.

surfing - see it every night on the news sports report.

teleportation - a popular sci fi thing, confronted often on discovery.

you see what i mean, it would be virtually impossible to not see these things often.

your just focusing on something common and seeing it as something amazing. free hint = *its not*

this is ridiculous.

by sheer number of topics covered your gonna run into a few of these...

albinos - maybe not as much but i used to see a few on the train everyday.

silverbacks - gorillas are subject to many documentaries.

guitars - used to play music, which is everywhere and a hugely ingrained part of culture.

surfing - see it every night on the news sports report.

teleportation - a popular sci fi thing, confronted often on discovery.

you see what i mean, it would be virtually impossible to not see these things often.

your just focusing on something common and seeing it as something amazing. free hint = *its not*

By having a list of unlikely things it stacks the probability in favour of the paranormal when they happen.

By having a list of unlikely things it stacks the probability in favour of the paranormal when they happen.

i simply wouldnt classify this list as paranormal,

in fact its normal.

The counter argument is to use your creativity to write a poem and really push your creaivity to come up with unique sayings mixed with stuff which has a low chance of appearing. Really tap that subconscious for maximum coincidences.

I like what you did there, I'll do it too.

Crocodile reclines on deck chair lounger in Turkey.

Something HUGELY unlikely to happen, but when we break it down to the words which are used pretty commonly, they'll appear! WOW, you just discovered that even non-sensical sentences are made from commonly used words. Have a medal.

I like what you did there, I'll do it too.

Crocodile reclines on deck chair lounger in Turkey.

Something HUGELY unlikely to happen, but when we break it down to the words which are used pretty commonly, they'll appear! WOW, you just discovered that even non-sensical sentences are made from commonly used words. Have a medal.

Sure all things have a chance of happening.

What I am saying is that its rare certain things are ever mentioned and by focusing on these rare things we can stack the probability against it being more than chance.

Edited by Spark Plug

Sure all things have a chance of happening.

What I am saying is that its rare certain things are ever mentioned and by focusing on these rare things we can stack the probability against it being more than chance.

An interesting theory. Do you have any evidence of this at all or are you just trying to use the blue car syndrome to explain this?

An interesting theory. Do you have any evidence of this at all or are you just trying to use the blue car syndrome to explain this?

Why dont you drop your beliefs just for a few days and try it?

Yf you're so sure it isnt real then what have you got to lose?

Oh yeah I forgot you arent willing to consider anything that doesnt fit into what you believe to be real.

Edited by Spark Plug

Why dont you drop your beliefs just for a few days and try it?

Yf you're so sure it isnt real then what have you got to lose?

Oh yeah I forgot you arent willing to consider anything that doesnt fit into what you believe to be real.

Wow, I ask a simple question and you snap my head off, over-defensive much? How would you suggest that I test it, taking into account the 'blue car syndrome'. Also please don't make assumptions as to what I am and am not willing to believe/do, it's plain rude.

Edited to add: There's a very good reason that people who have read these forums for a while take threads like this with a whole bag of salt. When asked simply if you have any supporting evidence you over react and assume that I'm attacking you. Answer the question please with a simple yes or no.

Edited by Dougal

Wow, I ask a simple question and you snap my head off, over-defensive much? How would you suggest that I test it, taking into account the 'blue car syndrome'. Also please don't make assumptions as to what I am and am not willing to believe/do, it's plain rude.

Edited to add: There's a very good reason that people who have read these forums for a while take threads like this with a whole bag of salt. When asked simply if you have any supporting evidence you over react and assume that I'm attacking you. Answer the question please with a simple yes or no.

Your blue car comment came across in much the same way.

Choas theory says that even though random events happen in our universe there is an underlying structure to it. It displays the structure using fractal images which show repeating patterns.

A fractal image showing repeating patterns tells you the universe is unified not made of seperate parts. Everything is linked to everything else which is how a repeating pattern can manifest itself as you go up or down in scale with a fractal.

Many people have a problem dealing with the human mind because they dont want to consider its at the centre of their universe but its tuff. Your mind is at the centre of your reality and therefore the centre peice of the fractal too. Change whats in the mind and you start a new pattern which imprints itself on the fractal and repeats.

I'm not getting into a philosophical debate over reality because people dont like truth if it starts knocking out the pillars that props up their delusions about the universe. This problem is widespread in Western Society and it doesnt matter what philosophical truths you tell them they never accept it.

Edited by Spark Plug

Fine but a couple of things:

You can't find jelly babies in any store, candy shoppe or persons home and declare the universe answered you . (jelly babies are common in stores and homes.)

You also can't read any articles or watch tv shows or movies about magic or magicians and declare the universe answered you. (many magicians saw off parts of their assistants)

Fine but a couple of things:

You can't find jelly babies in any store, candy shoppe or persons home and declare the universe answered you . (jelly babies are common in stores and homes.)

You also can't read any articles or watch tv shows or movies about magic or magicians and declare the universe answered you. (many magicians saw off parts of their assistants)

Correct and I didnt say choose common things that have quite a good chance of turning up other the next week.

Choose rare things.