Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cave of Davelis

kyr

Mt Penteli is located around about 15 km northeast of Athens and is the same mountain that the ancient Athenians quarried marble from in order to build the Parthenon and Akropolis. In fact almost the entire mountain is made from marble. Almost in the middle of Penteli and in a place where the ancient marble quarry is located, lies a huge cave called Ntavelis' Cave. It's name is derived from that of a great and well known Greek outlaw of the 19th century who used to hide there.

Inside the cave are the entries to an underground tunnel system. Some are believed to extend great distances and include exits as far away as Attika. One of the tunnels is reported to lead into a large underground hall complete with a small lake and a very ancient temple dedicated to the greek god Pan.

On the right side of the entry into the main cave is a small Byzantine church. The front of this building is constructed in a traditional manner but the other three walls are part of a cave wall . . . when you first see the church it reminds one of Petra in Jordan but smaller in size.

Ntavelis' Cave Story

This incident first became public knowlege in the late '60s or early '70s. George Balanos, a well known UFO researcher and author of many books organized a team to investigate all the strange stories about Mt. Penteli and the Ntavelis' Cave. The results of this investigation are astonishing. The team started by collecting all the folklore stories about the area and soon realized that there were hundreds of reports from local people about "strange lights" in the sky, small humanoids, strange noises, ghosts, etc.

When they made measurements in the cave area, they found stong abnormalities in the magnetic field, a strong smell of ozone at the entrance, and dificulties taking pictures in some areas of the cave. The team continued their research for many years but ten years later the Air Force became involved in the area. They closed, or attempted to close, the area of Mt Penteli and began to build a huge tunnel system around the cave incorporated within the network. The official explanation was, and still is, that the whole tunnel system is part of a NATO project. After some years of construction, work on the tunnels suddenly stopped and the Air Force left the area leaving the system deserted.

During the period of excavation there were lots of reports from workers regarding strange phenomenon, including UFOs, a unexplained green glow appearing at night, etc. It is confirmed that a number of workers died some years later and all from the same cause: Cancer! The strange thing about this is that inside the artificial tunnels George Balanos found a large number of empty boxes relating to anticancer medicines. I have seen these boxes myself.

After 1985, Ntavelis' Cave became very famous among New Age groups as a source of energy power. They have meetings there still today and continue to use the cave as a place of concentration and thought. Even some Black Magic groups use the cave for their ceremonies. I carried out extensive research on this in 1990 for TV Station "ANTENA". All the places around the cave are full of magical signs and occasionally I found remains of animal sacrifices!

It is also reported that a lot of people are disappearing during visits to the cave although this is hard to prove. George Balanos believes that the cave is probably an entrance to another dimension . . . a kind of gate or somesuch thing. He is continuing his investigations into the cave even today and we are in contact all the time.

[source: George Pantoulas - Greece]

Odd Events at Greece's Mt Penteli and Ntavelis' Cave

I must say i ve never been there(inside)..i can't find company.It's dangerous as they say.I heard so many stories but noone knows the truth i think.The only thing i can confirm is that if you stop the engine of your car on the road to the mountain which is all uphill the car starts to move and climb wander to the mountain.I had tried this,it works.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kyr

• Homer

• Loonboy

• Althalus

Top Posters In This Topic

huh.gif

What a great story. I would be interested to see if there are any photographs of either the site itself and the tunnels beneath the mountain, or any of the Ufo or other phenomenon associated with it.

I guess a very strong magnetic field could cause abnormalities within the body of someone who was there for any prolonged period of time. I know of a case of a boy who used to sleep with his head near a wall on the other side of which was the main electrical box for the house - and he developed tumors in his head, supposedly because of the high energy field there. Food for thought.

mellow.gif

This mountain has a very strong magnetic energie as they informed me and i have read.It's an open quarry of marble and Acropolis Parthenon was made from marbles of Penteli.Birds ,even Acropolis is made on a hill so it's high there,they don't stand at the top of Parthenon.So..something scared or send them away.I think is this magnetic energie.I can't find photos from inside the cave,only a few they exist cause mobiles,cameras etc they don't work propertly inside.I will find some from outside and post them for you.

wink.gif

the green glow at night is also supposed to be seen occasionally in the great pyramid in egypt, it is also supposed to have some energy fluctuating through it at times.

could the magnetism be coming up through the ground from all the marble and rocks that the mountain is made of?

it could be that the reason why there are all the magic symbols there, and the reason why it has been thought of as weird or religious from time imemorial is because of this very reason. and that the magnetism was said to come from the gods.