Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio Station Alpha

Kantzveldt

Welcome to the Forum sum_ergo_cogito. We dont treat most people in here like that.

Were all mostly open minded and accepting of all points of view.i.e UFO`s and Roswell LOL ! Just a inside joke on all Forums.

But the Mars images are very intresting ,and if you look long enough at anything no telling what one might

post as to its nature and origin.

We really all are open to new Ideas !

Welcome again! Post up !

post-68971-0-61512800-1307711508_thumb.g

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• Moonie2012

• booNyzarC

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the Forum sum_ergo_cogito. We dont treat most people in here like that.

Were all mostly open minded and accepting of all points of view.i.e UFO`s and Roswell LOL ! Just a inside joke on all Forums.

But the Mars images are very intresting ,and if you look long enough at anything no telling what one might

post as to its nature and origin.

We really all are open to new Ideas !

Welcome again! Post up !

Thanks, I appreciate that a lot. Some people get so bent out of shape if you don't agree with them on everything. And yes, as John Lennon, it is time to give peas a chance in this whirrled - lol

Welcome indeed! :tu:

Very pleased to make your acquaintance sum_ergo_cogito. I sense a kindred spirit. Tell me if you can see the correlation. ;)

Very pleased to make your acquaintance sum_ergo_cogito. I sense a kindred spirit. Tell me if you can see the correlation. ;)

I think so yes and thanks for welcoming me - such a nice change from other places where I've posted and been threatened with physical violence for having a differing point of view - I've added some information to my profile that can be reviewed for correlation. My interests vary quite a lot but anything out of the ordinary and I'm in with both feet, so to speak. Still finding my way around and familiarizing myself with the site - hope to establish long and productive relationships on here with other like-minded individuals who have an interest in the unexplained. :tu:

I think so yes and thanks for welcoming me - such a nice change from other places where I've posted and been threatened with physical violence for having a differing point of view - I've added some information to my profile that can be reviewed for correlation. My interests vary quite a lot but anything out of the ordinary and I'm in with both feet, so to speak. Still finding my way around and familiarizing myself with the site - hope to establish long and productive relationships on here with other like-minded individuals who have an interest in the unexplained. :tu:

welcome SEC.....you don't mind if I call you that I hope...your user name is

quite a mouthful.. ;)

I would be fascinated to read a thread from somewhere else where you've been

threatened with violence...not because of the violence bit, especially, but because it's

interesting and informative what other people have to say about 'Bio Station Alpha'

and you have evidently taken part in some heated discussions

do you have a link, matey

cheers

I am therefore,

I think.

Hi, ! )

What can be this?

83°52'18.65"N 147°19'23.87"E

84°54'59.59"N 137°26'20.19"E

83°34'57.88"N 149°17'23.22"E

84°31'8.96"N 162°59'15.44"E

post-117211-0-55432800-1307786071_thumb.

post-117211-0-77122000-1307786079_thumb.

Edited by moscow

Hi, ! )

What can be this?

:unsure2:

don't know.....but THANKS for sharing

and welcome to the forum.... :tu:

I put it on Photobucket......and applied the 'auto fix'

it's best if you look at it 3 feet ish from computer screen..

biosmg-1.jpg

edit to say...make that 5 ish feet...lol

Good job! It looks like a giant machine as if it turns like a crank does in a engine. It looks like it rotates just saying!

Cheers....I just applied 'auto fix' and photobucket did the rest...

I looked at it long and hard with a 'drilling machine' in mind..... :w00t:

but at the moment I'm still pulled towards 'nuclear rocket'..... :innocent:

( errant-pixel-supporters don't panic...just specualtion)

I been wondering where I parked that damn thing thanks for finding it for me sorry it started such a big fight.

LOL

That guy again... meh.

Want to have some more interesting stuff to talk about?

Take a look at some of these and flame away :)

giant mars anchor?:

http://worldufophotos.org/site/#/gallery/mars/mars-structure-nasa-copyright/

weird geological formation "slash" ruins?:

http://worldufophotos.org/site/#/gallery/mars/mars-inca-city-march-1998-nasa-copyright/

parallel tracks on mars surface decades before 1st rover landing?:

http://worldufophotos.org/site/#/gallery/mars/mars-parallel-tracks-1967-before-any-landings-on-mars-nasa-copyright/

???:

http://worldufophotos.org/site/#/gallery/mars/january-2007-mars-opportunity-mission-5-09-ats-above-top-secret-nasa-copyright/

or maybe you'd rather take a stab at egyptians on mars ;)?:

http://worldufophotos.org/site/#/gallery/mars/mars-statue-on-mars-egyptian/

Heh, and that's just one website with images available to public, think about what NASA has stashed away in it's "special occassions" folder ;)

Edited by Marcin

"WTF"?. Isn't it amazing,Lets hope we get a better image and soon, so we can really see what it is.

"WTF"?. Isn't it amazing,Lets hope we get a better image and soon, so we can really see what it is.

:lol:

Hi, ! )

What can be this?

Thats just because of connecting different images into "one" on the spherical body.

Another example of this sort of google artifact - 77°39'21.64"N 24°58'29.70"E (note distinctive edges of separate images, just zoom in/out few times... on google Earth, of course):

images_connect.jpg

Despite the fact that it's been very well explained by others why this is a glitch, I thought I'd come at this from another direction.

I came across this topic on another forum and while googling the subject, found this thread.

Anyway, the problem is that people don't understand the resolution of the photo they're looking at. If you zoom in on Google Mars so that "Bio Station Alpha" is nice and big, you can see that the terrain surrounding it is very blurry and blocky. There's no detail whatsoever - no rocks or ground detail is visible - just a blurry mess of a background. If you examine it you can actually see the vertical and horizontal color banding that represents the actual pixels of the original image. You can see that the original pixels are actually about the same size as the north-south diameter of "Bio Station Alpha". What's happening here is that Google Earth is doing something similar to the anti-aliasing that games and graphics software does to smooth out low resolution textures - a blurry texture looks better than a blocky texture.

If you look at the Mars desert background surrounding "Bio Station Alpha". you can see the same vertical fading amongst the blocks that represent the pixels of the original digital image. It's just more subtle because there's no much difference in color amongst the dull browns of the Martian desert. However, if there's a high contrast between a feature and the surrounding terrain, that vertical color fading is more obvious.

It's trivially easy to demonstrate this. To the east of "Bio Station Alpha" there's some sort of geographical feature that has lots of objects randomly scattered in the desert. The objects are brighter than the background so stand out easily. At a distance you can see that they are irregularly shaped and randomly distributed. I suspect that the color contrast is an artefact of either how the image was processed or the time of day the picture was taken. You can see that east of "Bio Station Alpha" there is an obvious vertical discontinuity where 2 images were stitched together in Google Earth and to the west of the discontinuity, the white objects don't appear. Here's a screen grab of the area in question.

mars01.png

If you zoom in closer, you'll see something like the following: (note the low resolution of the pics - you can see the blockiness of the pixels even though Google is trying to blur it out)

mars02.png

Zoom in, take a screenshot, and load it into Photoshop or a similar graphics package. Rotate it to a jaunty angle, apply some brightness and contrast to artificially make it look better, like the image of "Bio Station Alpha" that was already post several times, and hey presto! you've got yourself a little cluster of "Mini Bio Stations"!

mars07.png

The problem is clearly that lots of people don't realise they are looking at an extremely low resolution image blown up. They think those color gradients of the "cylinders" is photographic detail when it's just Google's automatic image processing blurring out the pixels. Like I said, you can even see the same effect in the brown background, it's just subtler because of the more subtle range of colours.

Yes, it's not as interesting or artificial looking as "Bio Station Alpha", but that's because the same post-processing on an image that had a neat row of white pixels because some sort of data glitch (as was very well explained by someone else, using 3 images from a series to show that there was only one with that row of white pixels in this location), produce a more striking effect. What I did wasn't as effect as it was with oddly shaped natural formations with less dramatic color drop off than nice square white pixels on a brown terrain.

Edited by Archimedes

LOOK---Tents----Archimedes has just proved there is life on Mars! I knew it!

Just kidding......:wacko:

LOOK---Tents----Archimedes has just proved there is life on Mars! I knew it!

Just kidding......:wacko:

I've clearly found a massive encampment of a Martian army on the warpath!

I've clearly found a massive encampment of a Martian army on the warpath!

LOL The 'Face' better look out, he's in trouble!

Sorry, I need more coffee...

Hi, ! )

What can be this?

Hi moscow - have you tried re-finding the images on here - http://www.uahirise.org/ - a site where there are high resolution images of Mars. The images you posted again look like compression pixelation from high res to low res and is probably nothing. :hmm:

welcome SEC.....you don't mind if I call you that I hope...your user name is

quite a mouthful.. ;)

I would be fascinated to read a thread from somewhere else where you've been

threatened with violence...not because of the violence bit, especially, but because it's

interesting and informative what other people have to say about 'Bio Station Alpha'

and you have evidently taken part in some heated discussions

do you have a link, matey

cheers

don't mind the abbrev, bee - it's like 'hold on a sec' - lol - anyways, here's the link - http://news.discovery.com/space/i-wish-there-was-already-a-base-on-mars-110607.html - I go on there quite often but some people get down right nasty at times, which is unfortunate. looks like things will be different on here, so far everyone has been very pleasant. enjoy the link although it's getting a bit stale and there probably aren't many posting to it anymore. :)

Since this topic is probably causing a lot of people to play with Google Mars for the first time...

My favorite place in Google Mars is this natural land bridge, the only remnant left of the roof of a lava tube tunnel at

24.484 -171.865

I think we should send a rover there, for the express purpose of jumping up and down on that bridge like Short Round in TEMPLE OF DOOM. "See, strong bridge! Strong bridge!" *crack*

As a secondary objective, it can bungie-jump over the side and see if there are any Martian trolls living under the bridge.

http://planetary.org/blog/article/00000793/

Since this topic is probably causing a lot of people to play with Google Mars for the first time...

My favorite place in Google Mars is this natural land bridge, the only remnant left of the roof of a lava tube tunnel at

24.484 -171.865

I think we should send a rover there, for the express purpose of jumping up and down on that bridge like Short Round in TEMPLE OF DOOM. "See, strong bridge! Strong bridge!" *crack*

As a secondary objective, it can bungie-jump over the side and see if there are any Martian trolls living under the bridge.

http://planetary.org/blog/article/00000793/

+1, That is very interesting, thanks for the coordinates...

don't mind the abbrev, bee - it's like 'hold on a sec' - lol - anyways, here's the link - http://news.discovery.com/space/i-wish-there-was-already-a-base-on-mars-110607.html - I go on there quite often but some people get down right nasty at times, which is unfortunate. looks like things will be different on here, so far everyone has been very pleasant. enjoy the link although it's getting a bit stale and there probably aren't many posting to it anymore. :)

thanks.....one thing for sure.....what ever 'Bio Station Alpha' is or isn't

the temperature has been raised through the roof re. Mars.... :) (again)

some people believe all they are told about it, officially....

others think there could be more going on there than we are told