Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio Station Alpha

Kantzveldt

There's a You Tube video about this "bio station"

We're well aware - specifically since it's in the first post.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• Moonie2012

• booNyzarC

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're well aware - specifically since it's in the first post.

That's nice of you to point out (sneer).

And no, I don't think you guys would be so sloppy as to leave the really good stuff out in the open to be picked up on Google, but then again maybe some of it is not ours.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

YT generation - straight way to idiocracy...

TMG, TRH, and, ah... bee. Why not follow link (with links werein), Boon provided, and check data for yourself, for potatoes sake! There you will find Gigs of data. Everything is served on silver plate, with golden spoons, just one little effort to do something by yourself.

(I'm not done this yet - ~300KB/s/file very slow - but, hell I'll download all related files and see for myself)

PS and ah, many thanks go to Boon :tu:

PPS I think Peri will come and will present interesting info.

Did you watch the video? Did you verify the coordinates by checking out Google Mars? Care to explain how a presence of shadows jibes with a lens artifact or imaging glitch? This makes ZERO sense, and you are really grasping at straws here...

You still believe in the face on mars don't you? :innocent:

Instead of stereotyping us BMK, why don't you bring some substance to the table? Unlike you, Boon brings intellectual skepticism to the table, and I take him very seriously. You and Moonie would rather continue disparaging us without backing anything up, and blatantly ignore subsequent posts backing this YT video up. Both of you need to grow up, learn to be polite or just leave.

Instead of stereotyping us BMK, why don't you bring some substance to the table? Unlike you, Boon brings intellectual skepticism to the table, and I take him very seriously. You and Moonie would rather continue disparaging us without backing anything up, and blatantly ignore subsequent posts backing this YT video up. Both of you need to grow up, learn to be polite or just leave.

Nobody who supports this as some sort of "alien base" or whatever has actually SAID anything that supports that theory in any decent capacity.

Considering it's a blurry white pixel-ey squiggle on Google Mars (if it is anything like Google Earth it has PLENTY of bugs and flaws), it's not surprising that no one can come up with a decent argument for it being a "base".

Edited by Moonie2012

YT generation - straight way to idiocracy...

TMG, TRH, and, ah... bee. Why not follow link (with links werein), Boon provided, and check data for yourself, for potatoes sake! There you will find Gigs of data. Everything is served on silver plate, with golden spoons, just one little effort to do something by yourself.

(I'm not done this yet - ~300KB/s/file very slow - but, hell I'll download all related files and see for myself)

PS and ah, many thanks go to Boon :tu:

PPS I think Peri will come and will present interesting info.

You mean pictures like these:

2R318929995EFFB27MP1314R0M1.JPG

Nobody who supports this as some sort of "alien base" or whatever has actually SAID anything that supports that theory.

Nobody.

You are correct. But there are additional pictures showing the same object, which almost dismisses the artifact or glitch argument completely. If that option is off the table, what is left? I won't pretend for a second to know what that is. But unfortunately conventional means no longer suffice for this explanation.

Second that. BMK's views are all too familiar, of course, but the Moonie is new to me.

I already said, I'm looking in it, so why don't you just do the same. Afterwards we can share results.

You mean pictures like these:

2R318929995EFFB27MP1314R0M1.JPG

Did you looked at Boon's link (and links werein) at all?! Did you downloaded data, and converted to more visual image? Can you post your findings, or you will still relate on YT, huh?

You are correct. But there are additional pictures showing the same object, which almost dismisses the artifact or glitch argument completely. If that option is off the table, what is left? I won't pretend for a second to know what that is. But unfortunately conventional means no longer suffice for this explanation.

That's true, if the object has appeared on more than one Nasa image that rules out a pixel artifact.

marsg.jpg

It really sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sure does, and if it was an ice patch I would expect to see more than just one in the area.

That's true, if the object has appeared on more than one Nasa image that rules out a pixel artifact.

Fair enough, but that STILL doesn't lend any credence to the whole "base" idea. All it proves is that there's a white-ish thing on a sea of brown.

Edited by Moonie2012

According to NASA, Mars bases might look something like these. They would have to build them near ice fields or some other source of water, since it would not be economical to carry it all to Mars.

Mars_base_station.jpg

28.jpg

A2_20050726_MarsBase.jpg

Can't see a thing.

What kind of idiot spends their days scanning an ENTIRE PLANET and claims there are aliens there at the first sight of a stupid f-king blurry squiggle.

Edited by mattavich123

Can't see a thing.

What kind of idiot spends their days scanning an ENTIRE PLANET and claims there are aliens there at the first sight of a stupid f-king blurry squiggle.

Who says that it's always aliens? For that matter, who says that it's just the US government? I can think of any number of possibilities.

In this world, about 10% of the people make things happen, 20% watch things happen and 70% wonder what happened.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

By all means of respect, but you are making yourself into a stereotype. Some of us here have been through an uncountable number of similar threads and they all tend to end the same way.

I predict that a hires image from either NASA or ESA will show up at some point, showing a natural formation, be it an ice patch or a ridge that is pixilated due to heavy image compression.

I will follow this thread unfold while I enjoy a couple of gin and tonics and a snack (I am on my phone and can thus not go search for high res images myself) and then later tonight I will follow BooNy's link and see what pops up.

Cheers,

Badeskov

You can always tell the threads with substance on these forums, because they generate the least amount of comments/arguments. Very telling indeed!

Actually, it is typically the opposite. The threads with substance typically generate a lot of good discussion. The ridiculous ones are typically a bit quiet to start with as the more level headed will just sit and shake their heads and the nonsense continues, will then chip in.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Just watched the video, extremely interesting, to say the least!

The object in the video is clearly artificial/manufactured, and not a natural formation If this Google Mars system is legit, this is quite a headscratcher. Thanks for posting!

It is stuff like this that feeds gullibility and is an example of exceptionally poor research abilities and/or intellectual laziness in a certain group of the UFO segment.

I am still typing on my phone, so I cannot watch the video. But did the video give the following information:

* which spacecraft took the image?

* what is the resolution of the camera, ie how many square meters is a single pixel on the ground?

* is there a higher resolution image available?

* is google mars compressing the images further so you can download them faster?

* etc etc etc.

I am sure you can follow my line of thought here. Did they offer the above information? If not, why do you think that is? But more importantly, why didnt you ask those questions yourself? What makes you believe that you can jump straight to a conclusion without knowing all there is to know?

That is why you making yourself into a stereotype. But don't take it in a bad way. This is a chance to learn. I can promise you that if the OP had worded the initial post differently and asked for help to finding the actual facts about the image in question, the responses would have been overly positive :-)

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

The only thing I'm assuming is that this anomaly is most likely an artificial structure of some kind. I am not certain of this, but the evidence strongly suggests so. Google is pretty damn good at nearly everything they do as well. And in this case, maybe too good :)

I don't like being stereotyped as part of a "YT idiocracy", or that the ideas I discuss are "stupid". There is no justification for that type of behavior, especially in this thread. I don't shy away from pointed arguments, but it really needs to be kept within reason. After all, if a debate isn't civil, it ceases to be a debate, and is reduced to forum fodder.

Edited by The Religious Hoax

What's that doing there...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJt0LJZG2k

Co-ordinates are 71 49'19.73"N 29 33'06.53"W

Hi Kantzveldt,

This isn't a "bio station" or any other sort of object, natural or artificial. It's actually just 11 pixels of bad data in the original image, probably a data dropout. The image has been reprocessed multiple times to prepare it for use in Google Earth, so the original pixels have been badly distorted. They're also surrounded by some pretty noticeable compression artifacts.

The original source image used by Google is an ESA Mars Express High Resolution Stereo Camera image (H5620_0000_ND), taken on 18 May 2008 (link).

First of all, here's a copy of the image as seen in Google Earth:

Google Earth

GoogleMars400pct.jpg

Now, here's a crop from the original Mars Express HRSC science data, before processing (click on the image to enlarge it to full size!):

H5620_0000_ND2 (Enlarged to 400%)

H5620_0000_ND2Flaw400pct.jpg

And finally, here's a higher-resolution image of the same area as seen by the Mars Reconaissance Orbiter Context Camera on 25 January 2010:

MRO CTX B17_016407_2528_XN_72N029W

CTXB17_016407_2528_XN_72N029W_jp2100pct.jpg

I've uploaded this crop at full resolution, so each pixel represents a distance of about 6.25 meters. There is clearly nothing unusual at that location.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

P.

P.S. to bmk1245: Thanks for the vote of confidence! :blush: