Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing bits of the future in my dreams?

rockhop8

My earliest memory I was about 8, I believe. No, no it had to have been younger... Okay, I'd say 6.

The night before we went on a long drive, I dreamt that we passed a large hill next to a bridge, a large one... It was the interstate, I beleive. Well, in my dream, on the hill there were flowers, and in the shape of a smile-face. It looked like the one at walmart.

I remember the sky, it was clear blue and every single fluffy little cloud :)

The next day, we passed the very scene that was in my dream, detail for detail.

-

The next memory I have I was a conversation my parents had that I heard, I was about 12 or 13.

I don't recall what it was about, but I remember right where they were standing, the positions they were standing, the sky, trees, the wind, everything.

It happened the next day.

It was nothing important, just a pointless little thing about the car engine or something, but it happened exactly like the dream.

-

The next one was a pretty big deal to me; it was only a few months ago and I was, and am, 14.

It was a camping trip, where first I went with my friend to her churches trip, (I am not religious, I just enjoy camp.) and then with them to the same lake but a different area. A specific detail I recall is on the way back, I remember a sign at a store they stopped at, with scrolling red letters; Buy a sandwich get one cold drink and dry meat! Is what it said, that exactly.

I HAD NO IDEA I WAS GOING ON A CAMPING TRIP WHEN I HAD THIS DREAM.

A few months later, the exact thing happened. I only remember bits and pieces of the dream, including meeting people I had never met which also happened at the trip. The sign was a big part, I even dreamed the dream I had on the way home from the camp when I fell asleep in the car!

-

The most recent was a few weeks ago, but I had dreamt it a month or so ago.

It was a gym, one I'd never been in. There were balloons, and arches and decorations and such, and a food table and a few tables around, all on large gym mats.

That was the dream, no people, no sounds, just the picture quickly, then gone.

A bit later, I was invited to the prom by the same friend from the camping trip.

I accepted, and we went together AS FRIENDS btw, lol.

It looked how I saw in the dream, but with people and music. Everything else was the same, though.

-

There are many more, but I don't recall them other that one where I'd walked through the woods, then I did and it looked the same. I don't remember when this was.

But I don't remember anymore, but I know they happened.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? It's all mildly interesting things, but nothing important. Why would I dream the future, if none of it matters anyway? I don't really understand this, and I would like to know more.

What is the purpose, if any, of this, and how can I do this more often? Please help and thank you! :)

I've had this happen before; dreaming something, then having it happen or coming across a scene from a recent dream. It is hard to say just what is going on. I would hesitate to say that the dreams are predicting the future simply because it is so easy for humans to manufacture 'memories.' Also, it is possible that you had seen these things before and because you were young you didn't remember but your subconscious did and that came through in a dream? I don't know though. It is an interesting phenomenon at any rate, thank you for sharing! :)

Rockhop8, you are not alone in having these dreams that seemingly foretell future events, they have been accepted as a reality all the way back to antiquity. And in many instances, the events predicted would seem totally improbable, but occur nevertheless. I can vouch for this, having had several myself. A few years ago, I dreamt a particular horse won a major race. At the time this seemed an unlikely contingency, as this horse was racing in lowly races in another state. However, the horse rose through the classes and about 9 months later was entered for the major race !!! With great anticipation, I placed a substantial bet at odds of 14 to 1. It ran fourth. :( So much for pre-cognitive dreams, you might say. The following year, the horse was again a runner in the race.......and won, this time without "stupid" having a bet. :( Oh ye of little faith. :no:

• Like 1

Don't take your dreams at face value.. you could be seeing the future, but you might be just seeing a warning. Pay attention to them but exercise caution and don't assume anything.

Weird,

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. I had a very vivid/lucid dream of a huge white castle that towered above me. Suddenly it was under attack and large bits of wall were raining down and killing people, it was chaos and I was running for my life. Anyway about 2 years later I went to the cinema and watched the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and the part where Minas Tirith is under siege and gets hit by the orks trebuchets rocks and parts of the wall fell down were almost identical to my dream.

I had never read any of the books by the way. Was strange and I can't explain it.

Also I know how to control dreams sometimes, although it is still random. In real life start switching the light switch on and off in every room you go through. Make it a habit. Then in a dream when you do it the light does not come on, or there is a long delay. Sometimes you realise the delay and suddenly you know your in a dream, at that point you can do anything! It's better then any computer game!

I tend to chose to steal fast cars, fly and run across rooftops!

Weird,

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. I had a very vivid/lucid dream of a huge white castle that towered above me. Suddenly it was under attack and large bits of wall were raining down and killing people, it was chaos and I was running for my life. Anyway about 2 years later I went to the cinema and watched the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and the part where Minas Tirith is under siege and gets hit by the orks trebuchets rocks and parts of the wall fell down were almost identical to my dream.

I had never read any of the books by the way. Was strange and I can't explain it.

Also I know how to control dreams sometimes, although it is still random. In real life start switching the light switch on and off in every room you go through. Make it a habit. Then in a dream when you do it the light does not come on, or there is a long delay. Sometimes you realise the delay and suddenly you know your in a dream, at that point you can do anything! It's better then any computer game!

I tend to chose to steal fast cars, fly and run across rooftops!

LOL I like your technique, I have always been told to pull my finger, if I am dreaming it will stretch like spaghetti, but I have found the biggest tell is that in my dreams if I pay attention to my feet, they are rarely touching the ground, usually floating just above it, then I can get lucid for a while but I eventually get distracted back into a dream state at some point and realise "wait that's not what I intended to happen".

As to your dream about LOTR I get that, I have posted that I have dreams that come true but it's more often the silly stuff with some relevant events here and there, like movies or conversations with people about nothing in particular, or someone repeating a sentence they said in a dream to you a couple of days ago, it's odd and random.

I have had some scary dreams too though and when you intersperse these with dreams that come true it can mess you up for a while - you look over your shoulder wondering if the bad stuff is actually going to happen too.

I wish I could lucidly fly in my dreams - I have a fear of heights and perversly enjoy flying in my dreams only when my sub-conscious is in charge, if I get lucid I freak out, really annoying disgust.gif

Welcome Rockhop8 to the land of psychic dreams. I’ve had them for years. Yep sometimes they are about ordinary stuff, and other times they are about important things. Just about every big event that was coming my way I’ve dreamt about it first. I can’t even count them all. But I do keep a dream journal. Some of my psychic dreams have been literal and some metaphorical. I used to deny that it was happening, coincidence you know, but after dozens and dozens of them, you can’t ignore it. I have drank in the past in an attempt to stop them, but that doesn’t work very well. (Bad adult!) I guess the only fun part is, when the events do actualize into reality, you can say I know, and not have to look surprised.

Welcome Rockhop8 to the land of psychic dreams. I’ve had them for years. Yep sometimes they are about ordinary stuff, and other times they are about important things. Just about every big event that was coming my way I’ve dreamt about it first. I can’t even count them all. But I do keep a dream journal. Some of my psychic dreams have been literal and some metaphorical. I used to deny that it was happening, coincidence you know, but after dozens and dozens of them, you can’t ignore it. I have drank in the past in an attempt to stop them, but that doesn’t work very well. (Bad adult!) I guess the only fun part is, when the events do actualize into reality, you can say I know, and not have to look surprised.

What an extraordinary insight it is. I suspect most people don't believe it, but others will just know from their own experience, it does happen. It does mess with our waking perception that the future is 'not our's to see' as Doris Day sang about, though. :unsure:

What an extraordinary insight it is. I suspect most people don't believe it, but others will just know from their own experience, it does happen. It does mess with our waking perception that the future is 'not our's to see' as Doris Day sang about, though. :unsure:

What beats me up is how in my short time on the UM so many have mentioned the same archetypical insights into this phenomena randomly across various threads whereas before in my life I could have sworn I was on my own in this phenomena ... It is so misunderstood, it doesn't come at will you can't say "show me what will happen in 2012" and expect an answer but it does reflect what is most important for me as an individual to know at any given time, even if it is just a reminder here and there that it is still going on by just showing the little random things in life.

The problem always boils down to evidence and the evidence just is not there because we do not see future world events, or if we rarely do they are lost in translation until they occur, we might see an event but not the time or place, until it shows up on the news (this is rare and has only happened 2x in my whole life and they weren't huge events either).

I also believe from experience that for every one who admits to this there has got to be at least another 10 who have experienced it but put it down to coincidence so often that they have perfected ignoring it.

• 1 month later...

My earliest memory I was about 8, I believe. No, no it had to have been younger... Okay, I'd say 6.

The night before we went on a long drive, I dreamt that we passed a large hill next to a bridge, a large one... It was the interstate, I beleive. Well, in my dream, on the hill there were flowers, and in the shape of a smile-face. It looked like the one at walmart.

I remember the sky, it was clear blue and every single fluffy little cloud :)

The next day, we passed the very scene that was in my dream, detail for detail.

-

The next memory I have I was a conversation my parents had that I heard, I was about 12 or 13.

I don't recall what it was about, but I remember right where they were standing, the positions they were standing, the sky, trees, the wind, everything.

It happened the next day.

It was nothing important, just a pointless little thing about the car engine or something, but it happened exactly like the dream.

-

The next one was a pretty big deal to me; it was only a few months ago and I was, and am, 14.

It was a camping trip, where first I went with my friend to her churches trip, (I am not religious, I just enjoy camp.) and then with them to the same lake but a different area. A specific detail I recall is on the way back, I remember a sign at a store they stopped at, with scrolling red letters; Buy a sandwich get one cold drink and dry meat! Is what it said, that exactly.

I HAD NO IDEA I WAS GOING ON A CAMPING TRIP WHEN I HAD THIS DREAM.

A few months later, the exact thing happened. I only remember bits and pieces of the dream, including meeting people I had never met which also happened at the trip. The sign was a big part, I even dreamed the dream I had on the way home from the camp when I fell asleep in the car!

-

The most recent was a few weeks ago, but I had dreamt it a month or so ago.

It was a gym, one I'd never been in. There were balloons, and arches and decorations and such, and a food table and a few tables around, all on large gym mats.

That was the dream, no people, no sounds, just the picture quickly, then gone.

A bit later, I was invited to the prom by the same friend from the camping trip.

I accepted, and we went together AS FRIENDS btw, lol.

It looked how I saw in the dream, but with people and music. Everything else was the same, though.

-

There are many more, but I don't recall them other that one where I'd walked through the woods, then I did and it looked the same. I don't remember when this was.

But I don't remember anymore, but I know they happened.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? It's all mildly interesting things, but nothing important. Why would I dream the future, if none of it matters anyway? I don't really understand this, and I would like to know more.

What is the purpose, if any, of this, and how can I do this more often? Please help and thank you! :)

I have been having these for a number of years now, I get periods when they lay off but when they come about, the dreams themselves usually leave me drained of energy and wake me up in a sweat. 2 things, I live in Ireland, the weather is usally crap,2 Im always warm but I never sweat. Anywho it does happen, I agree with afew comments, pay attention to them, they could be bad and they could be good. :D

i also remember a very odd dream from my youth, where i was walking in a city i'd never been to in my life and had seen a giant wall of water slowly engulfed the place......

the most weird part about it was that the sky was unusually crimson and someone appeared to be riding it in a buisness suit.

now....im the type of dreamer who is always very god-like in my dreams but in that particular one,it did not apply as when i tried to run i couldn't.......i looked at myself because of that inability and realized i had the hands of an old man

i was only 14 and since then, i've noticed that out of chronological order, fragments of my dreams come true.And i claim i can hear the plants in this plane speak so quietly.

you know.....its very awkward knowing who you're first girlfriend is going to be.....especially when you've never met.......and you're inseperable today

i love denise abbott today....only through the light of whatever force helped me could i see that in advance

It is fairly common to see even a section of the future in your dreams especially it it is your own future, i myself have found that I've dreamed of little tiny sections of my life even weeks ahead usually it is something inconsequential like a conversation that happened while something unusual is going on in the background for the most part these dream can easily be ignored however if something bad does happen and you find yourself living out that dream it is advisable to change the course of action you are taking

It is fairly common to see even a section of the future in your dreams especially it it is your own future, i myself have found that I've dreamed of little tiny sections of my life even weeks ahead usually it is something inconsequential like a conversation that happened while something unusual is going on in the background for the most part these dream can easily be ignored however if something bad does happen and you find yourself living out that dream it is advisable to change the course of action you are taking

I totally agree, we use such a small fraction of our brains. Can you imagine if we used our brain at full capacity. makes one wonder you know. :ph34r:

• 2 years later...

I too have the same "sight" as I call it.. My dreams wern't pleasent, they were nightmares that came true. Double murders, rapes, burgarlaries.. How is a child supose see that considering I did not watch violent or dirty movies at the age of 7 which was the age of my first "sight".. I learned at the age of 12 that i wasn't the only one when i caved from the scaryness of my dreams that it runs in the women in my family "5" known wemon 1 after another with the same thing it skipped 1 of the twin girls in my family.. my most recent sight was seeing my best friend loose her baby. Two days before she lost the baby. I was so upset because I saw It and couldn't stop it. I still blame myself. all you can do is do as much research as possible to better your ability. I'm nervous to tell the police when I see a crime in my dreams for it will make me seem crazy. Just find people that have this same "sight" to keep you working to better you and them with this ability. I have family, but I still keep a journal incase I forget it before I can tell them.

Good luck hunny, Stay strong .

:yes:

I too have the same "sight" as I call it.. My dreams wern't pleasent, they were nightmares that came true. Double murders, rapes, burgarlaries.. How is a child supose see that considering I did not watch violent or dirty movies at the age of 7 which was the age of my first "sight".. I learned at the age of 12 that i wasn't the only one when i caved from the scaryness of my dreams that it runs in the women in my family "5" known wemon 1 after another with the same thing it skipped 1 of the twin girls in my family.. my most recent sight was seeing my best friend loose her baby. Two days before she lost the baby. I was so upset because I saw It and couldn't stop it. I still blame myself. all you can do is do as much research as possible to better your ability. I'm nervous to tell the police when I see a crime in my dreams for it will make me seem crazy. Just find people that have this same "sight" to keep you working to better you and them with this ability. I have family, but I still keep a journal incase I forget it before I can tell them.

Good luck hunny, Stay strong .

:yes:

Hi,

Yes in most cases you can not help a person or the police because they will not believe you. You can however understand a lot more about why you are receiving these insights. There is a purpose for all things and each of us has an inner wisdom which is eager to assist us with these things. I suggest a conversation with your wisdom would reveal a great deal of information about outcome potentials and how you could influence them.

John

• 3 weeks later...

When i was younger saw 5 or 6 i had a dream of two paths left i fell right i didnt, well i took the left and i fell then i had a similar dream a few nights later of the same exact thing took the left and fell again, then it happened one last time so i took the right and i was alright, then another night when i was 7 i went camping in my dreams i saw a wolf attacking my sister (sis) and i shooed it away then the same EXACT thing happened in my dream. I have a few wierd things going on I can communicate to spirits (I am not a lunatic), I have constant migraines, I tell the future, and get sleep paralysis every second year. (I am not lying). ~Teoman

Hi -- welcome to UM.

When i was younger saw 5 or 6 i had a dream of two paths left i fell right i didnt, well i took the left and i fell then i had a similar dream a few nights later of the same exact thing took the left and fell again, then it happened one last time so i took the right and i was alright,

Funny how it takes a while for us to learn to how to follow our guidance.

then another night when i was 7 i went camping in my dreams i saw a wolf attacking my sister (sis) and i shooed it away then the same EXACT thing happened in my dream. I have a few wierd things going on I can communicate to spirits (I am not a lunatic), I have constant migraines, I tell the future, and get sleep paralysis every second year. (I am not lying). ~Teoman

Conversations with spirits can be helpful once we learn how to evaluate the information. The right path is the one you really want to follow. So if you make a choice and fall then get up and choose differently.

John

• Like 1

Actually I have dreams of the future that really happen all the time.....I have had these strange kind of dreams happen consistently since I was a teen. To be honest it scares the crap out of me because they are always 100% exact but a few times I have actually realized that I had dreamed the event happening before its over and actively tried to do something different on purpose. It actually freaks me out and I have always been afraid to post about it because I didn't want to be ridiculed for it, but stumbled upon this topic and felt the need to post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

oh god. The same thing happens to me all the time! One of the most vivid and accurate ones i have ever had was one of me going to michael's, i didn't even know i was going the next day. Anyway, in my dream, i saw a spiderman eraser in the wrong bin, so i put it in the correct bin about 5 feet away. I walked back To where my sister was standing, because she was looking at Sharpie's, and then i woke up. The next day I DID go to michael's and did the exact same thing, and i had a sense of deja vu. i realized i had dreamed it.

I think I have been having these for about 3 years. I write them down like some of you do, and sometimes i try to avoid them. They Always happen one way or another.

To all of you who have "Psychic Powers", Stay Strong. Maybe we will be discovered one day and be famous.

:tu:

im going to post on here whenevr i have on of these. i just had one. I Was playing Animal Jam (LOL I am way too old to play that) and i was sitting in the exact same corner in my dream. A Bunny walked up to me and said, "throws pancakes in face" and then ran off in the exact same way she did in my dream.

HOW CAN I STOP THIS? THIS IS GETTING IN MY WAY!

Guys, I think we should start like a club on here or something, club Psychic. Everyone who can see the future in their dreams can join, WHO IS WITH ME? :gun:

I totally agree, we use such a small fraction of our brains. Can you imagine if we used our brain at full capacity. makes one wonder you know. ph34r.gif

Did you wake up? Did you eat? Did you feel a certain emotion? Did you memorize something? Did you inhale and then exhale? Did you use speech?

If so, and I am assuming you did, these, and so much more, are examples of a human being using practically 100% of their brain.

Most (if not all) areas of our brain are used, all serving a different purpose and all being responsible for specific tasks. You yourself use your the vast majority to all of your brain, otherwise, you would not be intelligent enough to write what you just wrote, and a big chunk of your brain would have shriveled up into uselessness. The same goes for almost every other human being on Earth. :st

Edited by Simatong

Guys, I think we should start like a club on here or something, club Psychic. Everyone who can see the future in their dreams can join, WHO IS WITH ME? :gun:

Hello,

I suggest that circle of friends would be better. When you visit discussion groups where other psychic go you will find that some of them will want to make a connection with you but not every one. Be patient and let your inner wisdom guide you.

Over time you will find out that you have more skills that seeing the future in dreams. You are most likely good at one or more other things. Self discovery and sharing with similar friends is better than any club as I see these things.

The group here is very diverse with many that need to intellectualize the psychic subject. Those that do not have psychic experiences can not relate to those who do. Subject impressions can not be objectively evaluated as I see these things. Time and energy expended trying to explain what could never be logically understood in not productive. It is better to focus on those that have an interest in you as a person. Use you inclinations and intuition to find your friends and then form that club with them.

John

Ive never been able to see the future in my dreams, but as a kid i did have a reoccurring nightmare, which even to this day is still very fresh in my mind... The dream lasted for what seemend like years, but in fact was only months. Basically (if you interested).... The dream started when i was around 7 or 8 years old, im my dream, i was 7 or 8 and in the kitchen, under my mums ironing board, while shes was ironing. My dad and brothers were all out. Suddenly i felt a longing to go upstairs (no not to the toilet), so reluctantly i went up the stairs, it was day time, i went into my bed room (which i shared with my brother), i was compelled to get on the bed (which was next to a wall), when i got on the bed, something pulled me under the bed (from the wall side), things went black ane id always wake up at that point! Had that dream over and over for months! Sorry thought id share it with you, it has no relevance to the orginal post, but if any dream experts are out there, id love to here your thoughts on it.