Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slooky

blue thing

46 posts in this topic

Its interesting but I have no idea what it is.

I have had lens flare before and it is shown on the nearest depth of field of the picture. This Blue thing is on the farthest depth of field

I have had lens flare before and it is shown on the nearest depth of field of the picture. This Blue thing is on the farthest depth of field

How are you determining this? The trees in the distance are further from the depth field of this blue light.

Article about strange anomaly but it is lens flare or auroral reflection:

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/northern-lights%E2%80%99-mysterious-%E2%80%9Cobject%E2%80%9D-explained/

Not a typical lens flare what you see in video game graphic effects:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4752877275_d114fa7602.jpg

I bet someone would call these lens flares orbs:

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/117052/350wm/C0053123-Lens_flare-SPL.jpg

Shiny little... lens flare:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-beginners-corner-q/28013d1234452277-lens-flare-advice-please-_igp0545-jpg

Lens flares come in many different forms and variations. I think the circle ones are most common, but basically there are dozens unique kind of them.

Or could it be reflection or lens flare from an insect?

Have you tried posting this image on photography forums?

Posted (edited)

Have you tried posting this image on photography forums?

Good idea Frank. Slooky can you do that and give us the link?

I bet someone would call these lens flares orbs:

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/117052/350wm/C0053123-Lens_flare-SPL.jpg

Thats it!! Those look the same like the blue thing! Its a lens flare albeit an atypical one. Case closed?

Edited by SolarPlexus

I did post yesterday on a photography forum(cambridgeincolour.com)

Thats it!! Those look the same like the blue thing! Its a lens flare albeit an atypical one. Case closed?

I would say that case is closed :)

I did post yesterday on a photography forum(cambridgeincolour.com)

this is what they said

Hi Kevin,

It's exactly what I thought. If you draw a line vertically and horizontally through the image, you'll see that the ghost is as far to the right of the vertical line as the sun is to the left, and it's as far below the horizontal line as the sun is above it.

What's happening is the sun is reflecting off the sensor - hitting one of the elements inside the lens - and then bouncing back on to the sensor. It's a very common thing when there are bright light sources in the composition - I see it with night time shots as well.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/forums/thread10728.htm

case closed. they actually call such atypical lens flares "ghosts" or "fairies" lol

Have to second that. interesting photo.

I third that, I think you cought a energy force, maybe some creature like a fairy, or even gas escaping that your camera could pic up but not the naked eye, or something strange, I like it tho very nice looking. ;)

Posted (edited)

I third that, I think you cought a energy force, maybe some creature like a fairy, or even gas escaping that your camera could pic up but not the naked eye, or something strange, I like it tho very nice looking. ;)

He did catch a pic of some energy, we call it light.

Edited by vitruvian12

He did catch a pic of some energy, we call it light.

Beautiful! But I didn't know that lens flares could cause that blue "electricity" energy looking thingy. Isn't "light" wonderful!

Beautiful! But I didn't know that lens flares could cause that blue "electricity" energy looking thingy. Isn't "light" wonderful!

is there a way to cause this, I would like to have a lens flare happen right over my palm, like I am producing it myself, that would be cool.

An "Electric Blue" psychadelic jellyfish?:tu:

is there a way to cause this, I would like to have a lens flare happen right over my palm, like I am producing it myself, that would be cool.

If you're careful and hold a magnifying glass at the right angle you can create the effect on your hand. Just keep tilting the lens until you get it.

Having tried this, I recommend instead using a bit of rock or something doesn't make bacon smell after a few moments.

It looks like me..im sorry i spoiled your picture :)

awesome pic even if it is just lens flare or something like that and not paranormal. (not sure what it is myself)

Definately lens flare but still makde for a beatiful image.. Blue fairey .. nice!

Could be light reflecting off a droplet of water or sap, but it is a very nice photo. Love that color of blue.

Reflection from the sun. That's too bad. It wuold have be nice to have discovered a new creature. Especially, one sooo beautiful.

Posted (edited)

I've also got several photos of these, taken on the same night, Halloween (honest) and in different positions in my garden - they were taken at night, in my garden. Often wondered what they are.

Edited by Regency

Looks like some refection of a stone ,a diamond?