Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man stuns scientists by conducting 20,000V

Still Waters

Human conductor Slavisa Pajkic has scientists scratching their heads because he can withstand high voltages without feeling a thing.

Known as 'Battery Man', the machinist claims he can act as an insulator, conductor and even a heater.

Videos on the internet show the 54-year-old powering up a lightbulb and cooking sausages by using energy stored in his body.

Slavisa, from Pozarevac, Serbia, says he discovered his amazing talent when he was a teenager.

He said: 'I was 17 years old when accidentally during work, I felt that electricity can not do anything. The rain was falling, and my colleagues made a metal fence.

The fence somehow became live, and it was then his new life began.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 2

Looks like we are one step closer to the world of X-Men.Shouldn't James Randi give him 1m $ for this?

"Battery man"? Rofl we call him Биба Струја

Edited by SolarPlexus
  • Like 1

The description is not accurate:

"able to cook sausages using nothing but the energy stored inside his own body"

You can clearly see the thing plugged into an outlet, he is merly holding the wires into his hand, and yes, conducting electricity, not outputing it all....

I say it's photoshoped :P

He is in parallel with the circuit and the source of the voltage. Current will take the path of least resistance which in this case is the bulb, the hotdog and the water. Very little if any current is passing through him at all. I saw a similar demonstration where the gentleman was in series with the source and the load and in effect closed the circuit using his body. He was able to run some appliances and such but you could clearly see his distress and his involuntary muscle contractions. A much more impressive demonstration than this one.

Edited by chubbya
  • Like 1

Atleast it's a better nickname than the other in another thread called "Mannequin Man". God.

He is in parallel with the circuit and the source of the voltage. Current will take the path of least resistance which in this case is the bulb, the hotdog and the water. Very little if any current is passing through him at all. I saw a similar demonstration where the gentleman was in series with the source and the load and in effect closed the circuit using his body. He was able to run some appliances and such but you could clearly see his distress and his involuntary muscle contractions. A much more impressive demonstration than this one.

Good explanation. There is no potential difference between his one hand and the other so there will be not be a current passing through it. Its a poorly written article as well. It says 20000 volts passed through him. Volts is a measure of potential. It would be proper to say xxxx amps of current are passing through him

The one that really can kill is the current not the voltage.

Especially during a flash flood.

If anyone has ever been shocked by a spark plug wire, that is around 20,000V.

:lol:

I was wondering if Biba is still alive... and lo and behold, he is :D

There was a rumor that he died in electric chair challenge and whatnot.

• Like 1

I've known some old electricians that have developed tolerance for voltage (not amps). Seen em lick their fingers and test a 120volt light socket by sticking their finger in it and not being bothered. Pretty good amps from household current too. How much you get depends on where you are in the circuit.

Looks like we are one step closer to the world of X-Men.Shouldn't James Randi give him 1m $ for this?

If he were doing something paranormal, yes. This really isn't. Not even close.

If he were doing something paranormal, yes. This really isn't. Not even close.

Not paranormal but extraordinary. I doubt anyone here could do the same, without external help and devices.

Not paranormal but extraordinary. I doubt anyone here could do the same, without external help and devices.

Its really nothing special.

There was a rumor that he died in electric chair challenge and whatnot.

Haha :)

Should he be given the nickname "Electro"?

His nickname is Биба Струја/Biba Struja which literally means "Biba the Current"

I dont think hes human