Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pixiedoxen

Flying rods

8 posts in this topic

Pixie,

You certainly are an inquisitive one, aren't you? Mind you, that's a good thing, not bad. You and Jamie have alot in common.  :D

There are many theories regarding the 'rods', mostly they are suspected to be various insects flying in and out of a camera's focus, thus giving them a distorted image. This seems to be the best explanation.  :-/

By the way, when you want to post a website link, put the address between the url brackets. That way you only have to click on the link and it will open a new window to the website. :)

Magikman

magikman,

Thanks for the tip about the link.  I am new to the whole computer concept.

Are you sure they are insects?  Well if they are they are some weird looking bugs!

Pixie,

The rods phenomena was popularized by Jose Escamilla a couple years ago and his video's were shown on a Fox TV special. Here's a link to a web site that pretty much exposes the trickery involved in this guys scam;

http://www.opendb.com/sol/seq.htm

MAGIKMAN

I am on a researcher/list and there seems to have been a large number of "rod" sightings recently.  In my studies of past UFO shapes, the rod or cigar shape was recorded as early as the 1800s.  Documents, newspaper articles, and drawings have appeared on this particular shape of craft.

-lori

Lori,

If you would have bothered to check either my or Pixie's links, you would have realized that this topic has nothing to do with UFO's. Pixie's question refers to the 'flying rods' supposedly 'discovered' by Jose Escamilla a couple years ago, which he captured on videotape. According to him, they are some kind of unknown lifeform, not alien spacecraft. Oh well, just something else for you to believe in. ::)  :P

Magikman

MagikMan...thanks for shaking me memory!  Yes, indeed, I do vaguely remember...thanks for correcting and informing!!!  ::)

Try www.roswellrods.com

I have a few ideas as to whats going on but you never know!