Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cannibalism in North Korea

Persia

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• and-then

• Persia

• Eldorado

Top Posters In This Topic

"A leaked official police document reportedly details at least one case of cannibalism"

fgs... there's one a week in most countries.... lol

• 9 months later...

If my family was starving I'd want them to eat my dead body if it meant them surviving.

It's probably (hopefully) a cynical attempt to make the west give them food regardless their behavior in the world.

Well I've always thought that stopping food shipments every time they do something provocative is just punishinh the innocent. It's not as if Kim Jong In or his cotorie of cronies will starve or suffer in the slightest.

Well I've always thought that stopping food shipments every time they do something provocative is just punishinh the innocent. It's not as if Kim Jong In or his cotorie of cronies will starve or suffer in the slightest.

Agreed.. but seriously, what else CAN you do?...

Cannibalism in North Korea

What if it wasn't just a rumor? A leaked official document raises concern.

http://www.globalpos...ea-world-hunger

That regime needs to be ended, one way or another. I will be glad to see it fall.

people in power won't even feel the impact

and it'll fall down on the poor and the weak simple people

that's sad thing to hear

Agreed.. but seriously, what else CAN you do?...

Moral High ground? We're feeding the people of North Korea and their leaders are just involved in an elaborate p***ing contest with us. End sum result - no change in the NK government but at least the innocent are suffering less.

Moral High ground? We're feeding the people of North Korea and their leaders are just involved in an elaborate p***ing contest with us. End sum result - no change in the NK government but at least the innocent are suffering less.

I agree with your intent but assuming the people get the food isn't always safe. NK doesn't even allow proof that the food is going where it is needed. If there was a way to be sure, then I would agree that feeding the starving victims is a moral imperative. The fact that their government even acted as though they were willing to moderate their behavior is a sign that they are beginning to be concerned that the people might rise up in frustration and desperation.

Is this supposed to be a current claim? I know such claims were substantiated during the famine, and in the year 1995-1997 I believe many reports were verified.

Famine's Toll

Tens of thousands starved in the latest famine, from 1995 to 1997. Lee, who asked that her given name not be used, was a clerk in a government office who notarized the deaths in her town. She is a pretty young woman, 29, with tumbling hair curling to her shoulders and smooth, flawless skin that belies the hardships she has faced and struggles to explain. "We started seeing cannibalism," she recalled, pausing. "You probably won't understand."

She went on: "When one is very hungry, one can go crazy. One woman in my town killed her 7-month-old baby, and ate the baby with another woman. That woman's son reported them both to the authorities.

"I can't condemn cannibalism. Not that I wanted to eat human meat, but we were so hungry. It was common that people went to a fresh grave and dug up a body to eat meat. I witnessed a woman being questioned for cannibalism. She said it tasted good."

Massive international food aid gradually stemmed the famine after a death toll estimated at anywhere from 300,000 to 2 million.

LINK