Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Still Waters

Girls as young as ONE have sex change

17 posts in this topic

Girls as young as one are being forced into sex change operations in India by parents desperate for a son.

Surgeons in the city of Indore are reported to be 'converting' hundreds of girls a year, who are subsequently pumped full of hormone drugs.

A report in the respected Hindustan Times newspaper said the 'shocking, unprecedented trend, catering to the fetish for a son, is unfolding at conservative Indore's well-known clinics and hospitals on children who are one to five years old.

'The process being used to 'produce' a male child from a female is known as genitoplasty.

Indian society places a strong value on producing a son and heir, with daughters often seen as an expensive burden to be married off.

Sex determination tests during pregnancy are illegal in India to try to prevent the common practice of women choosing to abort female foetuses.

In some states such as Punjab the ratio of women to men has dropped as low as seven to ten.

Wealthy parents from Delhi and Mumbai are reportedly flocking to Indore, a city in the centre of India, for the relatively low cost £2,000 treatment to surgically 'correct' their daughters.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Unbelievable... :angry:

From what I understand people who have sex changes can't even have children naturally so how is this a feasible solution to your "I need a son not a daughter" problem!?

You know what? I was going to say how horrible this is (which.. it is) and how backwards and uneducated these people are acting..

But seriously.. this has me so.. ticked off that good. let the numbers continue to skew like this... Maybe the population will crash and they'll freaking learn that what they're doing is detrimental. Sometimes humans need something dramatic to get the freaking hint that they can't keep doing the stupid **** they do.

what a backwards, degrading to women and utterly cruel society they live in, just another way that women are undeservedly picked on just for being female, it makes me so outraged that men have made this custom into what it is today and any doctor that is willing to perform such an abominable operation on a baby or child should be in prison because it should be a crime with the harshest punishment.

This story is so shocking that I am going to buy this newspaper every single day just to be outraged.

I'm so angry that there's no way this report could be false. I don't need verification, all I need is my indignation, salacious details and just a small, almost undetectable sprinkling of racism.

This probably happens in most LEDCs. Its gonna take a long time, for women to be respected like their male counterparts. Its all these traditions and cultural practices which cause this stuff to happen.

Odd thinking, seems pointless to 'make' an infertile heir... :unsure2:

Ho,hum, here I go again cocking another shell into the chamber of my .12 gauge. This is ridiculous.

This story is so shocking that I am going to buy this newspaper every single day just to be outraged.

I'm so angry that there's no way this report could be false. I don't need verification, all I need is my indignation, salacious details and just a small, almost undetectable sprinkling of racism.

“Wolf! Wolf! Racist wolf!”

cried children so often for no real reason, so when racist wolf actually came by and refused to eat Little Too Dark Red Riding Hood no one paid any attention.

The story of child that cried wolf is part of my heritage. Only a racist would dare to comment on it with anything less than sheer servile approval.

See, it works both ways.

“Wolf! Wolf! Racist wolf!”

cried children so often for no real reason, so when racist wolf actually came by and refused to eat Little Too Dark Red Riding Hood no one paid any attention.

The story of child that cried wolf is part of my heritage. Only a racist would dare to comment on it with anything less than sheer servile approval.

See, it works both ways.

In far away India, where all the people are different, do you know what they do to their babies?

Did you know in China, where they don't have Jesus, they EAT their babies??

The Godless heathens!!!

If you can't see the xenophobic bull in this article, and if you can't see how xenophobia is the first step to outright racism, then this is certainly the newspaper for you!

Enjoy Ms Annoy.

In far away India, where all the people are different, do you know what they do to their babies?

Did you know in China, where they don't have Jesus, they EAT their babies??

The Godless heathens!!!

If you can't see the xenophobic bull in this article, and if you can't see how xenophobia is the first step to outright racism, then this is certainly the newspaper for you!

Enjoy Ms Annoy.

Aw, you drama queen.

I can’t see any xenophobic bull in the OP, but I can see a huge steaming pile of false flag **** in your godless heathens rant.

But that's just me, I don't let any media do the thinking for me, right, left, godless or with Jesus centerfold.

Grow up.

Odd thinking, seems pointless to 'make' an infertile heir... :unsure2:

They are in it for the dowry money that is often given to the groom's parents by the bride's family. All they have to do is atleast appear male, so they can marry and the parents can get their paycheck. It is technically illegal in India, but these old, deep-rooted traditions are still practiced in secrecy.

Why is having a boy so great? Killing your little girl for a little boy is pretty degrading to the 'family name'

that is so cruel.

they need to realise that both sexes are important as a man cant carry a baby, and a woman cant get pregnant without a mans sperm, so if they have a country of just boys, there will be no next generation.

also, people who have had sex changes arent capable of having children as it cant give them eggs/sperm, just make their genitals look like the opposite sex.

theres also how all of these children are going to grow up very unhappy, as pretty much ever child who has been raised as the opposite sex has been, like when a boy was raised as a girl because something happened to his penis as a baby. you can change the genitals, but you cant change the brain, they still have a girl brain and will think and see themself as a girl, and will probably want to have another sex change when they are older.

Cruel, selfish and outright pure evil.

Cruel, selfish and outright pure evil.

+1

India is not the only country to look upon girls as very much 2nd class citizens,its only western civilistion that treats women as equals,but the women had to fight for their rights,and its not that long ago that they won the right to vote..and its only recently that coloured people have been treated equally,so I think its a question of educating the people and making them realise that all humans are equal,regardless of colour,or creed,male or female,but whether they listen or not is a different matter...some of them dont want equality...