Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A haunting in Illinois

UM-Bot

Paul Dale Roberts: On May 5th, 2011 we answered a call for help from another Paranormal Team to assist a Homeowner in the Effingham, Illinois area. The claims were that footsteps were heard, sounds of whispering, black shadows and occasional poltergeist activity. The homeowner had attempted to find help through the local churches and was denied, so she finally turned to a Physic, who informed her that there was a Demon in her house and directed her to do a cleansing on her own which not only failed but seemed to cause the activity to increase. The homeowner had become so distressed by the activity that she rarely stayed in her own home unless someone spent the night with her. After a lengthy telephone interview, we made arrangements to investigate on May 7th.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kitone1

• UM-Bot

• Mentalcase

• Swamptick

Top Posters In This Topic

You really need to turn off those bad para-reality TV shows, your articles come across as amateurish and ill informed. You appear to shoe horn every conceivable paranormal cliche' into these laughably contrived seeming scenarios (JMO) :rolleyes:

I thought the article was pretty good. Don't listen to smug critics. Kit just wants to come across as a person of discernment and distinguished opinions in a feeble attempt to appear more knowledgeable than he or she really is.

It's a good article. I'm glad you were able to help.

I thought the article was pretty good. Don't listen to smug critics. Kit just wants to come across as a person of discernment and distinguished opinions in a feeble attempt to appear more knowledgeable than he or she really is.

It's a good article. I'm glad you were able to help.

Yes it is vitally important for me to appear knowledgeable under an anonymous and relatively inactive user name :yes: Obviously since you are unable to effectively rebuke my proffered POV, weak personal epithets appear to be your only recourse.

How heartwarming it must be for Paul to see his nephew running too his defense :rolleyes:

Yes it is vitally important for me to appear knowledgeable under an anonymous and relatively inactive user name :yes: Obviously since you are unable to effectively rebuke my proffered POV, weak personal epithets appear to be your only recourse.

How heartwarming it must be for Paul to see his nephew running too his defense :rolleyes:

I hate to have to say it (cuz I'm usually very nice and open minded), but Kitone1 is correct. We've seen the movies. Now, show me video evidence of real poltergeist activity and I'll give this article a second thought. Make sure you hide the strings real well.

I've had experiences which could be called ghosts. My gut feeling is, that ghosts are merely illusions or glimpses of a different dimension (I don't believe this as a fact, I can only speculate, I surely wouldn't charge someone money to come and remove a supposed spirit.) . Pareidolia also fits ghosts sightings. A few coincidences can also make our minds perceive imaginary things. :yes: