Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High School Principal Put Students In Trance

Karlis

A Florida high school principal defied school orders to stop hypnotizing students and lied about casting spells on two students who later committed suicide and another who perished in a car crash, according to a report. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaguarsky

• mattryan209

• Karlis

• xXHellkittiesXx

That whole story is mind-boggling. Especially the school district being okay with a hypnotist teacher in first place.

What the heck?Were these kids troublemakers and the Principal found the only solid way to get rid of the problem was to get rid of them?Or was this a case of hypnosis accidentally gone wrong?

Apparently, you can't hypnotize someone to kill themselves or to kill them, so I am curious as to why people are writing "punish" him or thinking the hypnotism went wrong.

You cannot hypnotize someone to do something they don't already want to do. killing themselves or anyone else included.

he has great powers to be able to hypnotiz up to 76 people and evn make sme commit suicide........non-sense story

bah...

Hypnosis is a bit tricky and someone who wishes to practice it safely needs some pretty intense training. No, you can't make someone do something that they would not normally do, at least not with standard hypnosis. But, you must be very careful with your words.

Hypnotic suggestion is very real and if not done properly can lead to, in most cases, some odd and oft times funny consequences. Like telling someone during a session to "chill out" and then have them feeling cold for days afterwards.

Without knowing what he said to the students during their one on one time there is no way to deduce what he might have happened to exacerbate the angst that teens already have in abundance. That is why reputable hypnotists keep at the very least an audio recording of each sitting.

This is a very sad story and unfortunately suicides in young people often come in clusters. Group-think. It is entirely possible that his actions had absolutely nothing to do with the sucides, that it is only a horrible coincidence.

So of the 75 people he hypnotized, weeks or months later, three died?

Of the 35 people in my graduating class, 2 people died within a few months of graduation

Does graduation cause death?

Now, if he was told to stop by the school, and then continued, that is another matter.

I can see this as being similar to doing psychotherapy on children/teenagers without a medical license.

I personally feel, that the parents are trying to find some sort of closure or reasoning for their children's deaths. It's sad when someone takes their own life. To know they felt there was no way out is a very hopeless and overwhelming feeling of helplessness. They should look at the home life first, before pointing fingers.

god our teachers just used to cane us for being naughty...no wonder so many grew up with fetishes :rofl:

I personally feel, that the parents are trying to find some sort of closure or reasoning for their children's deaths. It's sad when someone takes their own life. To know they felt there was no way out is a very hopeless and overwhelming feeling of helplessness. They should look at the home life first, before pointing fingers.

My thoughts exactly. It seems to me someone is looking for a scapegoat. :unsure:

Lol. I thought this website was about a scientific view on "Unexplained Mysteries", not crap. Wtf?!

I agree with Aquatus: casting spells? WTF? How anyone can be hypnotized against her or his will? It's physically impossible, any professional hypnotist will vouch for that. Killing through hypnosis?? What a joke. Seems like there are parents who are looking for a scapegoat for their failing student kids.

Lets burn that sorcerer who calls himself a principal!!! Only fire can cleanse his filthy corrupted soul :devil: Seems the parents are really just on a modern day witch hunt here in their attempt to release their anger and sorrow at their child's death.

did anyone actually read the article? this guy convinced his students that he was assisting their education by helping them concentrate using hypnosis; they wanted his help. it just so happens that it was taken too far. and he is obviously trained due to the fact that he performed hypnosis in front of entire classes of students.

the hypnosis is probably linked to the suicide due to loss of attachment to reality or failure to be released from the hypnosis effectively. i doubt he said, "go kill yourself." and they did it.

the entire articles states

The school district permitted the principal to demonstrate hypnosis in front of groups in psychology class, but was unaware that he secretly had one-on-one sessions with students, according to ABC News

According to the new report, Kenney lied to school officials and investigators about his private hypnosis, but later confessed. HIs lawyer Mark Zimmerman said his client misspoke under questioning because of the stress.

and he had one on ones with three people who ended up dead. regardless if thats a crazy coincidence or not doesnt matter.....principals should not hypnotize students.......if thats a legit study an outside proffessional should come in with parents and students written consent. this story is ridiculous

My thoughts exactly. It seems to me someone is looking for a scapegoat. :unsure:

Yeah, I agree. Surprised it wasn't sexual, that's the usual take. Blame, Blame, Blame. It's always someone else's fault, God, mother, poor upbringing.......ad nauseum. Our inability to accept responsibility for all our self created misery is mind bogglingly rampant in our culture. I'm always amazed.

Casting spells? The principal was some kind of wizard?