Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon scratches or not?

JackDaniels

My dad woke up with scratches on the palm of his hand, starting from his thumb to the tip of his index finger. They miss a bit of the finger and then start again. The scratches are approximately, 2mm - 5mm apart. It looks like it was scratched from an angle. They don't seem to be that deep but it's very red.

He told me he woke up and it was burning. He looked at his hand and noticed them, it was bleeding like any other scratch, not too bad. He didn't even feel himself being scratched. He showed me around twenty minutes a go. I wondered if it was the cat and looked at his claws, but his are too far about and I've been scratched by a cat before, their scratches are far apart from each other. There is three single scratches on his hand, two close together and one further apart from the others. We've never seen it before and we wondered if it could be something paranormal like a ghost or maybe a demon. The scratches are the most unusual thing.

So, what do you guys think? Do you know what it could be and have you ever seen anything like it before? Ideas please. Help~!

tumblr_lnvccoIfBW1qceffn.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blues Girl

• Chagidiel

• JohnnyBravo

• Agent D. Scully

Top Posters In This Topic

They look like cat scratches to me.

Scratches happen all the time when asleep. The best thing to do is to look around the immediate environment for a cause to the scratches (fingernails, bed springs, etc.).

Unless your dad is actively involved in the occult, I wouldn't guess that demons go around minorly wounding people in their sleep for no apparent reason... My guess would be cat, or possible a mouse managed to get into his bed? Mice can give nasty scratches, my friend had rats and they could really claw you if they felt so inclined. That'd be my best guess.

My guess would be cat, or possible a mouse managed to get into his bed? Mice can give nasty scratches, my friend had rats and they could really claw you if they felt so inclined. That'd be my best guess.

I have to say that a mouse or rat is not likely to crawl onto when asleep. And a mouse or rat would not leave scratches that deep or large. I have both as pets, so I know what ind of scratches they can leave. (and just for the record, my rats don't scratch me on purpose, and I clip their nails to avoid scratches anyway)

It looks like his hand was partially closed and that something (cat possibly) put his paw between the fingers and palm and, well scratched.

Reminds me of a time when I was little. When I was sleeping the dog sometimes came into my room and put his head on my bed. But one night I dreamt I was climbing something and grabbed the top of his head, wich in my dream was a bush, or something, and I started pulling the fur on his head. Luckily he wasn't the biting type.

Edit: Forgot to ask, any other signs of poltergeist activity in your home?

Edited by JohnnyBravo

Those are the kinda cuts you get when messing with a double or triple-blade razor for shaving. Looks like he's grabbed something though.

Edited by Eldorado

Those are the kinda cuts you get when messing with a double or triple-blade razor for shaving. Looks like he's grabbed something though.

Spot on, didn't even think about that.

Thanks you for taking your time to give me ideas and thoughts.

@The cat scenario; I really don't think I cat did this. I checked my cats claws and as you should know, their scratches are larger and further apart. I highly doubt a cat could do this.

@The mouse thing; My sister has a gerbil and the claws are too small to scratch.

@The razor idea, which I thought was good by the way; I asked my dad, he chuckled and said, 'I think I'd know If I cut myself with a razor' and then looked at his hand and showed it to me.

@The paranormal thing; Sometimes, At night time. When I'm awake, which I'm awake a lot through the night. I hear what sounds like loud bangs from my attic. It's right above me and above my mum and dad's bedroom. It's like someone slowly moving along. It scares the **** out of me. If people suggest it's rats, the bangs are far too loud.

Edited by JackDaniels

You need to squirt some holy water onto the scratches and if they appear to bubble and smoke comes off then you know it was a demon. Otherwise just use antiseptic.

Thanks you for taking your time to give me ideas and thoughts.

@The cat scenario; I really don't think I cat did this. I checked my cats claws and as you should know, their scratches are larger and further apart. I highly doubt a cat could do this.

@The mouse thing; My sister has a gerbil and the claws are too small to scratch.

@The razor idea, which I thought was good by the way; I asked my dad, he chuckled and said, 'I think I'd know If I cut myself with a razor' and then looked at his hand and showed it to me.

@The paranormal thing; Sometimes, At night time. When I'm awake, which I'm awake a lot through the night. I hear what sounds like loud bangs from my attic. It's right above me and above my mum and dad's bedroom. It's like someone slowly moving along. It scares the **** out of me. If people suggest it's rats, the bangs are far too loud.

We had mice in our loft and you would think it was a herd of elephants running around in the middle of the night when there are no other noises...Its amazing how much background noise there is during the day so small sounds dont bother you or sound like much but at night it is a totally different matter.

Edited by BrianPotter

I agree with the above poster, rats/mice are sounding more and more likely, those little buggers can climb on things and knock them over and make quite a racket, to the point it sounds like you have full grown humans running around up there. I know you said your sister had a gerbil, but gerbils and rats are two different things... They're curious little creatures and I wouldn't be surprised if one attempted to climb around on your dad's bed as he slept, especially if he has a habit of eating in bed.

Cat clawls may look far apart, but when they scratch you their hand kind of curls. I've been scratched by cats many times and they all looked similar to that.

I've been scratched by a rat, thir claws can scratch, but they didn't look as straight and perfectly spaced as that.

Could it have been beside his bed and he grabbed it accidentaly?

At night in my house I always hear loud bangs from my attic or my closet. Even if they sound too loud for that (the bangs in my house sound like bricks falling over) usually they are only the house creaking.

CC

Might have grabbed something without knowing he had cut himself with something, could a list of things, i wouldn't know but other than that idk.

Cat's claws can open and retract, and don't forget about there back paw, perhaps he was cratching the bed and hit the bloak in the picture by accident, or even on purpose... :innocent:

definatly cat scratch, yup your cat's posesed with a demon... :w00t:

Cat's claws can open and retract, and don't forget about there back paw, perhaps he was cratching the bed and hit the bloak in the picture by accident, or even on purpose... :innocent:

definatly cat scratch, yup your cat's posesed with a demon... :w00t:

...says the guy who claims to have alien syringe marks on his arm.

I have to say that a mouse or rat is not likely to crawl onto when asleep. And a mouse or rat would not leave scratches that deep or large. I have both as pets, so I know what ind of scratches they can leave. (and just for the record, my rats don't scratch me on purpose, and I clip their nails to avoid scratches anyway)

haha, you are wrong, I know from personal experience, my house was infested with mice, and when I went to sleep, they would run and jump off my chest, and bounce around, I could hear then knawing and schreeching, they were terrible, altho they never bit me! so I too would guess either cat or rat, maybe even a possom is playing possom? happy hunting? ps dont use poison like I did, then they die in the wall and your house smells like a dump for 30 days.... sooo nasty! <_<

I've seen those sorts of scratches before and it's not supernatural although probably caused by spirits. Twist off tops, like on bottles of beer or wine cooler and even some sodas still have them. The metal cap can be sharp but such little scratches that you don't notice them until your asleep and you have a chance to get a little sweaty and the salt in the sweat inflames them and they burn and turn red.

Hatch.

haha, you are wrong, I know from personal experience, my house was infested with mice, and when I went to sleep, they would run and jump off my chest, and bounce around, I could hear then knawing and schreeching, they were terrible, altho they never bit me! so I too would guess either cat or rat, maybe even a possom is playing possom? happy hunting? ps dont use poison like I did, then they die in the wall and your house smells like a dump for 30 days.... sooo nasty! <_<

Very well, but no rat would leave a scratch that deep or long.

I've woken up with weird scratches. Never needed to account them towards demons. There are plenty of other realistic things that could've done it. Demons would have made it worse. Scratches on the hand are nothing.

But, let me ask: has he had nightmares that are different than usual?

I've woken up with weird scratches. Never needed to account them towards demons. There are plenty of other realistic things that could've done it. Demons would have made it worse. Scratches on the hand are nothing.

But, let me ask: has he had nightmares that are different than usual?

If he believes demons may have cut his hand he probs has very many thoughts that are "different than usual". lol

There are so many natural reasons for scratches so why did you decide to jump into paranormal? It's like least option there. Would it be cat or demon? There is a cat at your dad's house, so more likely it is a cat than a demon.

I've had several cat scratches, and they can be really different. Some are one or two white lines, some like darn avalanche of blood and gore on you! Even though you have measured your cat's paw you do realize that cat's toes do move side to side, back and forth? Maybe kitty the demon cat didn't purposely scratch but for example tried to climb on the bed and accidentally grapped your dad's hand? Or fell off from the bed and tried to cling on something near?

I've seen how clumsy cats are. Have had few times cat balancing on sofa and when falling down grapling on me as their last call not to fall down. That's different mark than "meooowwwwwww-scrach" scratching. Also if cat walks and losts balance and tries to fix it with claws might leave a mark. I can find kazillion reasons why and how that is a cat scratch and I don't have to mention words "ghost" or "demon" ever. :innocent:

Have your dad try and summon the demon back into your house.

Actually DEMAND it to return.

( it's the only way to know for sure )

Have your dad try and summon the demon back into your house.

Actually DEMAND it to return.

( it's the only way to know for sure )

Doing that is dangerous. First of all, this is not a demon thing, but a cat scratch. Second, if it were a demon, you would not want to demand it do anything as it woud stay in your house and cause chaos in your life.

Doing that is dangerous. First of all, this is not a demon thing, but a cat scratch. Second, if it were a demon, you would not want to demand it do anything as it woud stay in your house and cause chaos in your life.

Believing that is dangerous.