Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell debris tested; Not from Earth

... or maybe Aluminum Extruders Council, or Armoured a..aa...aaa...Echew..plumbers Center, or Army Environmental Command (US Army; formerly Army Environmental Center)? Guess latter. Just saying.

Not in 1949. AEC did refer to the Atomic Energy Commission then, which is today called the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

As Edward Ruppelt pointed out in 1952, the AEC was also running its own UFO investigation. Who wasn't?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEYQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicap.org%2Fncp%2Fncp-convisnuc.htm&ei=Cs-hUMmaIYmC8AS0i4DIDw&usg=AFQjCNH7AeztRNvMj2Lungh_32O1rcJqGQ&sig2=ME0Jm8SBQMOK25Cu2JfqhA

jj4f9dec4f.gif

:unsure2:

local commanders perturbed by implications of phenomena....

:unsure2:

This was one of the documents that led to the so-called Green Fireballs investigation, i.e. Project Twinkle.

thanks TMG....

One can only guess what IMPLICATIONS the local commanders were perturbed by...

that the 'Special Weapons' were being observed and/or tampered with..?

that nuclear tests (and related, special weapons) were creating a 'rip' in space/time...?

or if you look at the conclusions of Project Twinkle....

perhaps they were perturbed by many people in the area hallucinating and seeing something unusual in things like birds and balloons...lol

http://www.project19...inklereport.htm

The gist of the findings is essentially negative. The period of observations covers a little over a year. Some unusual phenomena were observed during that period, most of them can be attributed to such man-made objects as airplanes, balloons, rockets, etc. Others can be attributed to natural phenomena such as flying birds, small clouds, and meteorites. There has been no indication that even the somewhat strange observations often called "Green Fireballs" are anything but natural phenomena.

thanks TMG....

One can only guess what IMPLICATIONS the local commanders were perturbed by...

that the 'Special Weapons' were being observed and/or tampered with..?

that nuclear tests (and related, special weapons) were creating a 'rip' in space/time...?

or if you look at the conclusions of Project Twinkle....

perhaps they were perturbed by many people in the area hallucinating and seeing something unusual in things like birds and balloons...lol

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, those involved in the business of defence or defense, being interested in and concerned about possible intrusions in their Airspace. I don't think we need to look for rips in the space./time continuum to understand why Military chiefs might take an interest.

Not in 1949. AEC did refer to the Atomic Energy Commission then, which is today called the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

As Edward Ruppelt pointed out in 1952, the AEC was also running its own UFO investigation. Who wasn't?

http://www.google.co...BQMOK25Cu2JfqhA

My bad. I was wrong.

Anyway, last nail in Kimbler's "crash site" coffin: SUNlite Volume 4 Number 6 - November-December 2012 (page 10).

I checked those sets of photos (composite false colors; bands 4,5, and 7):

LT50320371998173XXX01 (June 22, 1998)

1998-06-22_L5032037_03719980622_crop_compose.jpg

LT50320371998189XXX01 (July 8, 1998)

1998-07-08_L5032037_03719980708_crop_compose.jpg

(LT50320371998173XXX01, LT50320371998189XXX01 courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey).