Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell debris tested; Not from Earth

The linked article tells an intriguing story of the the discovery of new metallic debris samples found at the alleged Roswell UFO crash site. A test done on these reveals a isotopic ratio of magnesium 24 and 26 not found on this planet. More confirmatory tests, by independent labs, are contemplated in the near future. If this proves out, UFOlogy suddenly becomes a whole new ball game. http://www.openminds.tv/test-confirms-roswell-debris-733/

The linked article tells an intriguing story of the the discovery of new metallic debris samples found at the alleged Roswell UFO crash site. A test done on these reveals a isotopic ratio of magnesium 24 and 26 not found on this planet. More confirmatory tests, by independent labs, are contemplated in the near future. If this proves out, UFOlogy suddenly becomes a whole new ball game. http://www.openminds.tv/test-confirms-roswell-debris-733/

Kimbler was interviewed on Open Minds radio.

And I don't think much of scientists who refuse to carry out tests because they think aliens are a "bunch of hooey". I would expect better from supposedly intelligent and educated people.

I certainly wouldn't state for a fact that the material is ET without question, only that it should be tested again and again to confirm the results that it is like no other material found on earth. I think something like this should be taken very seriously.

I noted that it was tested before and the results come back aluminum and silicon, and apparently it is an alloy that contains magnesium as well.

http://www.openminds.tv/top-ufo-roswell-researchers-728/

"The last panelist is not a long time researcher, but a newcomer to the search for answers to the Roswell mystery. Frank Kimbler is a teacher of geology at the New Mexico Military Institute in Roswell. Taking an interest in the case, he was able to spot an unusual scorch pattern in infra-red satellite images of the desert near where the debris was supposed to have been found. He then went out to the site and found unusual metals. Under analysis the material tuned out to be an aluminum silicate. He then was able to get the Roswell UFO Museum to sponsor an isotopic ratio analysis which also came back with interesting results. From what they discovered, the sample he gave them was not created on earth. Kimbler says he is a scientist and is handling this carefully. There is a possibility that the first lab made a mistake. He will seek further analysis to make sure the findings are correct."

I am not at all dismissive of the UFO phenomenon, it is certainly the case that much has been observed that is unexplainable with trite explanations. However, the fact remains there is not a single artefact to direct the skeptic toward as the 'hard evidence'. Oh, wait, the "government" has it under wraps ? Has to be the most leak-proof conspiracy of all times, IMO, for that to be true. There are no Rosenbergs left, apparently. I say give these people a pay rise, they have shown themselves head and shoulders above the general run of government employees who like most of us stuff-up from time to time. No, I say the future belongs to such 'tight' communities, not riff-raff who leak like a sieve. Rupert Murdoch is no doubt in awe of it all.

Other people in the past claimed to have found Roswell wreckage before, but we never seem to hear much more about it. This is why I am always cautious about these stories, although I am by no means a "skeptic" in the sense that people around here use the term--not at all.

I think something did crash out there in New Mexico in the 1940s, and was classified Top Secret, but there is also a lot of disinformation and misdirection about all this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HozdVIwpCsg&feature=related

I will be watching this space.

Finally somebody doing some tests and getting results.

But I wouldnt be suprized if we never here about this again.

Sad, but the only way some skeptics are going to believe is when they land right in front of them. Fair enough too. Hard to believe there is a being more powerfull/advanced as us. Because we are OBVIOUSLY the most advance. OBVIOUSLY.

(saracism)

The linked article tells an intriguing story of the the discovery of new metallic debris samples found at the alleged Roswell UFO crash site. A test done on these reveals a isotopic ratio of magnesium 24 and 26 not found on this planet. More confirmatory tests, by independent labs, are contemplated in the near future. If this proves out, UFOlogy suddenly becomes a whole new ball game. http://www.openminds...ell-debris-733/

I wanted to mention that military and civilians at Wright-Patterson AFB, have indicated that the Roswell materials they have handled and tested were not of this earth.

A very eccentric millionaire could have a odd isotope ratio created in a lab.

How many of the properties reported by witnesses to the alleged crash site does this piece of metal exhibit?

I find the reaction from the expert on isotopes at New Mexico Institute of Meteoritics, exactly what I would expect. I am sure they get a number of people wasting their time. I do not feel this was necessary to the article, unless a spin is required.

If this does turn out to be "not from this earth" which I admit is very possible as meteors constantly fall toward earth, why must it be from a spaceship, and not a meteorite? It does not appear to display and features that would label it as technology. It just looks like a lump of metal, just like every other meteorite on earth.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Sad, but the only way some skeptics are going to believe is when they land right in front of them. Fair enough too. Hard to believe there is a being more powerfull/advanced as us.

Do not know much about skeptics do you. What a joke, just because you believe anything at first sight - because it says ALENZ!! - you think everyone should?

Because we are OBVIOUSLY the most advance. OBVIOUSLY.

(saracism)

Nope, the more common debate is distance. But blind believers rarely listen to what a skeptic actually has to say.

If this does turn out to be "not from this earth" which I admit is very possible as meteors constantly fall toward earth, why must it be from a spaceship, and not a meteorite? It does not appear to display and features that would label it as technology. It just looks like a lump of metal, just like every other meteorite on earth.

aluminum is not a native metal, it is an alloy that is manufactured. i am not a geologist but i don't think its possible to find aluminum alloy in meteorites.

it makes sense that there is still some crash debris out there, very small pieces that have been missed.

i look forward to more test results and coverage.

EDIT: apparently aluminum is considered a native metal but it rarely occurs naturally in its elemental form. again, i am not a geologist.

Edited by cassandra5655

How many of the properties reported by witnesses to the alleged crash site does this piece of metal exhibit?

I find the reaction from the expert on isotopes at New Mexico Institute of Meteoritics, exactly what I would expect. I am sure they get a number of people wasting their time. I do not feel this was necessary to the article, unless a spin is required.

Now right here, this is where I emphatically differ from the "skeptics", even though I am not saying that this metal is from an ET spaceship.

I find the attitude of the "expert" appalling, and disagree strongly with those who are unwilling even to put these things to the test or give them serious consideration.

Then we shall see....

Do not know much about skeptics do you. What a joke, just because you believe anything at first sight - because it says ALENZ!! - you think everyone should?

Nope, the more common debate is distance. But blind believers rarely listen to what a skeptic actually has to say.

It depends on the "skeptic". The ones like James Oberg and Phil Klass and their imitators, no I will generally not listen to them because I find their explanations for many UFO reports to be ridiculous--simply silly. They have made up their minds that there's nothing to it, then go out of their way to dismiss every single report, even if they have to ignore or twist around the evidence to do it.

And yes, I see the same types around here and on every other website.

aluminum is not a native metal, it is an alloy that is manufactured. i am not a geologist but i don't think its possible to find aluminum alloy in meteorites.

it makes sense that there is still some crash debris out there, very small pieces that have been missed.

1. Far from being "not a native metal", aluminium is actually the most abundant metal on earth.

2. Aluminium is not an alloy.

Edited by Archimedes

1. Far from being "not a native metal", aluminium is actually the most abundant metal on earth.

2. Aluminium is not an alloy.

Aluminium does not exist in its "native" state on earth, only as part of compounds. Gold is an example of a 'native' metal. The metal was only first isolated for industrial use in the 19th century. There are rare examples of metals such as silver in the uncombined state.

Aluminium does not exist in its "native" state on earth, only as part of compounds. Gold is an example of a 'native' metal. The metal was only first isolated for industrial use in the 19th century. There are rare examples of metals such as silver in the uncombined state.

Fair enough, but I interpreted "not a native metal" as meaning "not of this planet" given the thread context of supposed Roswell debris consisting of exotic isoptopes or isotope mixtures not normally found on Earth. Finding some debris or fragments containing aluminium doesn't seem particularly odd, given how common a substance it is.

Aluminium, however, is definitely not an "alloy". It can be part of an alloy, but being a chemical element, in itself cannot be an alloy.

Edited by Archimedes

Fair enough, but I interpreted "not a native metal" as meaning "not of this planet" given the thread context of supposed Roswell debris consisting of exotic isoptopes or isotope mixtures not normally found on Earth. Finding some debris or fragments containing aluminium doesn't seem particularly odd, given how common a substance it is.

Aluminium, however, is definitely not an "alloy". It can be part of an alloy, but being a chemical element, in itself cannot be an alloy.

Ok, it does seem extraordinary it took so long to isolate from the combined state. It must be pretty tightly locked on to its compounding elements. And the human body seems to have no use for it, possibly for that reason. But I am only guessing there.

Aluminum is an element that it not found in its pure, metallic state in nature but is usually extracted from bauxite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium

Wherever this aluminum alloy came from, the odds are overwhelming that it was manufactured by someone, not something found in nature.

EDIT: apparently aluminum is considered a native metal but it rarely occurs naturally in its elemental form. again, i am not a geologist.

You can find a composition similar on a Ca-Al-rich Inclusion carbonaceous chondrite meteorite. I would expect the alloy combination might be somewhat endless.

Now right here, this is where I emphatically differ from the "skeptics", even though I am not saying that this metal is from an ET spaceship.

I find the attitude of the "expert" appalling, and disagree strongly with those who are unwilling even to put these things to the test or give them serious consideration.

Then we shall see....

That is 100% correct, and I do apologise if I widened the net so to speak to feel you may be included, I think I was slightly incensed by The Id3al Experience's remarks. Sorry to be so broad, and thank you for the pick up. And with your regards to your next post, sadly we do see bad eggs on both sides of the fence, we probably subscribe to different examples, but I have to agree with you that both sides of the fence have elements that have preconceptions that will not be altered, despite the level of proof, and refuse to give serious consideration to matters that may well herald results. I agree, this attitude is indeed, appalling.

It is rather ambiguous wording isn't it.

:blink:

How it makes "not from Earth", if results of Mg isotope's abundances clearly falls into accuracy margins?!

Great post Bison. Now keep your eyes open for some disinformation that will disregard these findings, and trash the lab that did the analysis. I would guess space.com or some branch of the MSM will be tasked with debunking this. It won't take long!

Great post Bison. Now keep your eyes open for some disinformation that will disregard these findings, and trash the lab that did the analysis. I would guess space.com or some branch of the MSM will be tasked with debunking this. It won't take long!

How does one get in touch with the MSM ? do they have a ORG,DOD,NET,DOT,COM site?

I did run across the M&M but when I got back to where I ran over it all that was left was a green blob the size of my thumb nail.

Sad but someone will have to break the news to the Blue one that got away.

Now Im hungry for a bag of these little guys ! :tu: