Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

cloaked figures

shadowanswers

Well to tell you the truth, it had been 4 days of not sleeping, I had abandoned my job calling in everyday, I was literally a zombie, and I don't specifically know the reason for my insomnia Iv been to numerous sleep doctors, put on numerous addicting sleeping pills, but for some reason even with the pills sure they'll let me sleep until my system gets used to them and then its back to insomnia, my body just waking me up randomly and me laying in bed wide awake. Some days I can go longer without sleep some days I cant it all depends on that specific block of insomnia, but like i said I don't specifically know what or why my bodies waking me up. Iv had other just straight up insane hallucinations but Ill spare telling you those.

I struggled with insomnia. Have you tried Melatonin? It helped me for a short while, but I stopped it after I had too many vibrant and vivid nightmares, which were unlike my normal dreams. They almost seemed like trips to the past.

I struggled with insomnia. Have you tried Melatonin? It helped me for a short while, but I stopped it after I had too many vibrant and vivid nightmares, which were unlike my normal dreams. They almost seemed like trips to the past.

I also tried Melatonin actually it was the first thing the docs told me to do, didn't do a thing

What gives *you* the right to make that determination? I previously said that I agreed with some explanations of some events, such as sleep paralysis and hallucinatory phenomena. In other words, your allegation that I had a closed mind wasn't correct; the pot called the kettle black. The bottom line is that you refuse to accept the reality of paranormal phenomena, and you're apparently closed to explanations of said phenomena if they don't mirror your beliefs. I experienced the objectively *real* event, and it wasn't a match for any of your go-to explanations used to offhandedly dismiss contradictions to your worldview. If you post that your cat or dog walked across your room, I will be sure to dismiss your claim. :rolleyes: I will be sure to tell you that you just think that you saw your pet. That's how you come across to me, and it takes a lot of chutzpah to act like *you* know what I experienced better than I do.

Offering other explanations is trying to be helpful. Fine. You are convinced your experience was paranormal. So believe that but don't attack other people who are just trying to educate you on other alternative explanations. Especially since you saw the evil witch from Snow White.

• Like 2

True that. However, LSD was not a big part of my life when I saw the entity.

LSD has never been a part of my life ever. What an odd thing to mention.
I can't know what you experienced, and you can't know what I experienced. You and the League of Debunkers weren't with me when I saw the entity. :yes:

Sounds like you're not interested in any sort of discussion about it.
  • Like 1

My whole goal in posting under this topic was to say, Yes, I believe in God, and the Devil, and demons. But I also believe in rational answers that could be the possibility of just the brain acting wonky, the brain actually does a lot more than thought when in REM state sleep

Offering other explanations is trying to be helpful. Fine. You are convinced your experience was paranormal. So believe that but don't attack other people who are just trying to educate you on other alternative explanations. Especially since you saw the evil witch from Snow White.

No one was attacked. I just don't care for arrogant debunkers, you included. Go "educate" yourself on true skepticism. I know what I experienced, but you and the "self-proclaimed know-it-alls" don't.

Sounds like you're not interested in any sort of discussion about it.

Translation: I disagree with your take on it. You don't even see your own hubris, but I'm sure that your James Randi Fan Club friends will rush to your defense.

No one was attacked. I just don't care for arrogant debunkers, you included. Go "educate" yourself on true skepticism. I know what I experienced, but you and the "self-proclaimed know-it-alls" don't.

That's a pretty close-minded statement. Why don't you care for debunkers? And why do you think she needs to be "educated'? Who are you to determine what she needs to do? Why attack her for this?

If you know what you experienced, then what's the problem? So others don't agree with you, get used to it and stop crying over it. If you come here with a claim, be prepared to have that claim scrutinized with a magnifying glass. And be prepared when other people draw different conclusions. You're not providing any evidence that your experience was real, just yelling at everyone and expecting everyone else to believe you without proof.

You were given several sane and scientific reasons why you may have experienced what you claim to have experienced, yet you reject all of them, angrily, and attacked anyone for having dared to suggest anything.

So, what exactly is your point of telling us about your alleged experience? It's definitely not an honest discussion, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Melatonin helps you fall asleep and for many makes their dreams more vivid, so if one is prone to bad dreams it can make them worse. The sleep aid diminishes over time and does not seem to be helped by increasing dose.

That at least is my experience; one should research it and talk to pharmacists (in my experience doctors are dismissive).

I use to travel a lot and it does help with jet lag when used for just a few days.

Nowadays I find I sleep best if I use eye shades to block out all light and go to bed and get up at exactly the same time every day, including holidays.

That's a pretty close-minded statement. Why don't you care for debunkers? And why do you think she needs to be "educated'? Who are you to determine what she needs to do? Why attack her for this?

If you know what you experienced, then what's the problem? So others don't agree with you, get used to it and stop crying over it. If you come here with a claim, be prepared to have that claim scrutinized with a magnifying glass. And be prepared when other people draw different conclusions. You're not providing any evidence that your experience was real, just yelling at everyone and expecting everyone else to believe you without proof.

You were given several sane and scientific reasons why you may have experienced what you claim to have experienced, yet you reject all of them, angrily, and attacked anyone for having dared to suggest anything.

So, what exactly is your point of telling us about your alleged experience? It's definitely not an honest discussion, that's for sure.

Your post is Exhibit A. Thanks for confirming my suspicions on the biases and one-sided arguments of "debunkers". The bottom line is that you "skeptics" (not really) have the temerity to tell people that they don't really know what they experienced if it doesn't comport with your views of reality, so spare me any lectures on closed minds. Don't reply with any "I know that you believe that you saw it, but your really saw...."crap, either.

I think there may be a few who get real pleasure out of popping these fantasies and debunking them, and that is unfortunate: they should be more gentle. Still, it is most important for good mental health to develop skepticism, especially about odd personal experiences. So what if you miss a ghost or a demon here and there -- you are better off without them anyway.

Your post is Exhibit A. Thanks for confirming my suspicions on the biases and one-sided arguments of "debunkers". The bottom line is that you "skeptics" (not really) have the temerity to tell people that they don't really know what they experienced if it doesn't comport with your views of reality, so spare me any lectures on closed minds. Don't reply with any "I know that you believe that you saw it, but your really saw...."crap, either.

Really? If that's what you got from my post then you have some serious comprehension problems when reading English. Your reply is as close-minded as they come. I'm sorry that you don't like being questioned, but that's life, scooter.

And you still didn't answer my question. So, lemme reorganize it and repost it to you:

If you came here with some sort of experience, posted it, but yet attack anyone that dares to question you about it, what exactly is your goal in coming here and posting it? Again, it's not for an honest discussion about it. So, what is it? Just trolling?

Oh, and these questions:

Where do you get off suggesting that coldethyl go and get "educated"? What was your purpose in that attack?

And:

What is your problem with people asking you questions and suggesting explanations for your experience? What scares you so much that you shut out anyone that has any sort of dissenting opinion, or anyone trying to give you honest advice? What is with all the insecurity over this?

• Like 3

Really? If that's what you got from my post then you have some serious comprehension problems when reading English. Your reply is as close-minded as they come. I'm sorry that you don't like being questioned, but that's life, scooter.

And you still didn't answer my question. So, lemme reorganize it and repost it to you:

If you came here with some sort of experience, posted it, but yet attack anyone that dares to question you about it, what exactly is your goal in coming here and posting it? Again, it's not for an honest discussion about it. So, what is it? Just trolling?

Oh, and these questions:

Where do you get off suggesting that coldethyl go and get "educated"? What was your purpose in that attack?

And:

What is your problem with people asking you questions and suggesting explanations for your experience? What scares you so much that you shut out anyone that has any sort of dissenting opinion, or anyone trying to give you honest advice? What is with all the insecurity over this?

You love one-sided narratives, don't you? It's rich that you would lecture anybody on comprehension after not taking context, as well as *complete* conversations, into account before you lamely attempt to "correct" me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll guess that you're not dishonest and dogmatic, just painfully disingenuous.

I am not a know it all. I was not being arrogant at all. I said you believe what you experienced was paranormal, fine. What if someone came up with a rational explanation that fit what you saw? It has happened before. It's not all about debunking, sometimes it's just about comforting. And your demeanor is hostile, that is obvious, so you are making yourself look bad.

You love one-sided narratives, don't you? It's rich that you would lecture anybody on comprehension after not taking context, as well as *complete* conversations, into account before you lamely attempt to "correct" me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll guess that you're not dishonest and dogmatic, just painfully disingenuous.

You totally skimmed over what I said and just focused on the word educate. I wasn't implying that you are stupid or anything like that. I was not aware of all the sleep disorders out there until I came here. And I don't mind if you don't like me, haters gonna hate.

• Like 1

I am not a know it all. I was not being arrogant at all. I said you believe what you experienced was paranormal, fine. What if someone came up with a rational explanation that fit what you saw? It has happened before. It's not all about debunking, sometimes it's just about comforting. And your demeanor is hostile, that is obvious, so you are making yourself look bad.

You totally skimmed over what I said and just focused on the word educate. I wasn't implying that you are stupid or anything like that. I was not aware of all the sleep disorders out there until I came here. And I don't mind if you don't like me, haters gonna hate.

He appears to be either too stupid or too stubborn to admit when he is wrong. He also has a giant ego that is so easily bruised that anyone responding to a post he made is a target for his unsupported attacks.

• Like 2

And also notice he still hasn't answered any questions, and hasn't addressed the issue at hand between us. Just more wild off-tangent shouting. Typical.

• Like 2

I know what I experienced, but you and the "self-proclaimed know-it-alls" don't.

I don't get this. People on these forums keep having a go at "self-proclaimed" experts, know-it-alls, etc. when no-one is actually proclaiming themselves to be anything of the sort.

Who has actually proclaimed themselves to be a "know-it-all"?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4

I don't get this. People on these forums keep having a go at "self-proclaimed" experts, know-it-alls, etc. when no-one is actually proclaiming themselves to be anything of the sort.

It's a defensive mechanism, they have a persecution complex.. It's also lazy; instead of discussion and honesty, it's much easier to just attack anyone that dares to question them and stomp off in a huff.

• Like 1

He appears to be either too stupid or too stubborn to admit when he is wrong. He also has a giant ego that is so easily bruised that anyone responding to a post he made is a target for his unsupported attacks.

I decided to smoke the peace pipe, but your juvenile tripe torpedoed my planned offering of said pipe. On the other hand, you confirmed what I knew about some self-appointed "skeptics". My ego is much smaller than "skeptics'" egos, and you and others like you don't have what it takes to touch my ego, let alone bruise it. You're too cement-headed for additional replies, so I'll leave it at that before someone gets banned from the forum.

• Like 1

I have; I think I am an expert on several things and when I don't know there are always search engines. It does irritate when someone insults someone else with such a claim though, when all they've done is point out the errors in the first party's argument.
  • Like 1

That's not important to me. That said, I apologize if it seemed like I attacked you. Denying or discounting, individuals' genuine personal experiences, is a pet peeve of mine, and I've seen a lot of examples of that behavior on this board. My demeanor was partially influenced by that. Again, I'm sorry if I came on too strong with you. Like I previously said in this thread, I don't discount some of the proffered theories used to explain ostensibly paranormal phenomena. I think that they're valid in some situations, even some that I experienced. They're just not appropriate and valid for *my* particular experience, and I experience *very* few of these kinds of events. I also appreciate healthy skepticism, but I interpreted some of the comments as going past that particular demarcation. It could be one of those "Cool Hand Luke" scenarios. It's better to communicate in real time so that we can fully grasp the intent and meaning of comments that are more apt to be misunderstood on forums. I hope that clarified a few of them. :)

• Like 2

That was a general reference to some personality types. It likely applies to few people here. I think that you mentioned some very interesting and reasonable explanations for some very strange events, ones that apply to many misunderstood phenomena in which the causes are misidentified. They didn't apply to my particular experience, though. I heard and saw an entity in my room, and I was absolutely lucid at the time it occurred. I was fully awake, and it definitely wasn't a trick of light, shadow, vision, etc.. It was as if a normal person walked by me, but normal people don't walk through walls. Other people confirmed and validated this over the years, but it's only normal that you doubted that it was genuinely paranormal. B)

I decided to smoke the peace pipe, but your juvenile tripe torpedoed my planned offering of said pipe. On the other hand, you confirmed what I knew about some self-appointed "skeptics". My ego is much smaller than "skeptics'" egos, and you and others like you don't have what it takes to touch my ego, let alone bruise it. You're too cement-headed for additional replies, so I'll leave it at that before someone gets banned from the forum.

Really, your idea of smoking the "peace-pipe" is to attack us for merely trying to get you to answer some questions posed by me? For calling you out for attacking other posters merely because they dared to offer you some advice for your "experience"? That's pretty messed up. And either stupidity or stubbornness, either of which is yours to choose.

I seriously doubt that you were going to offer some sort of virtual "peace-pipe". Because to do so would have to have an admission of your mistakes you've made here, and I don't see that happening from someone like you.

And let me point out you still haven't addressed the questions posed to you. You keep posting off-tangent nonsense instead of replying and actually helping your side of the argument--playing the victim card instead of facing up to your BS you've posted. You just make yourself look more the fool with each post, so, yeah, you'd probably be better off stopping before it gets worse. Guess I'll just toss you on the ignore list since you are another one not interested in being honest and having a sane discussion.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 2

It is common behavior when people post, people believe they have photographic memory and they expect like minded people to accept their view. Sadly, people do not have photographic memory and they get upset when people offer suggestions or alternative views. I can say, I do not believe in stories, people tend to exaggerate or lead out details, either on purpose or unintentional. What i do respect is going through the process of elimination with logical and scientificly proven methods, if some one acts all high and mighty and think their opinions matter more, then they might as well pack their bags and go to a train station and wait for the hogwarts express.

• Like 3

What i do respect is going through the process of elimination with logical and scientificly proven methods...

That's all I've been asking for. And it's not really that hard to do. Think it through, don't jump to conclusions, and if you ask for advice and explanations, face up to the advice you get.

...if some one acts all high and mighty and think their opinions matter more, then they might as well pack their bags and go to a train station and wait for the hogwarts express.

Seems to happen quite a lot around here when someone merely asked for some proof.

• Like 3