Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google Earth captures UFO over South Africa

Good info AlienDan. Thanks for clearing this up. Surprised people still argue against it after your initial explanation.

Even more surprising is that people rely on Google earth and Google Mars as a means of spotting and verifying proof of ET's... :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• septic peg

• TheMcGuffin

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! I found it, How did you find that? You look at people on the ground though and they don't seem to see it.

Wow! I found it, How did you find that? You look at people on the ground though and they don't seem to see it.

It's already been proven fake that is why... lol

Why don't people read through a thread before posting.

AAAAHHHH!!! and the evolution of hoaxes expands. is there nothing safe....LOL.

people can add images to google earth, there are thousands of them

It's my understanding that you can add photos, but you can't add a street view. This is on street view isn't it? So then you'd have to hack google

It's not a street view, it's a 360 degree panorama shot, and anyone can add them (although they presumably need to be approved before being added like regular photos, someone at Google probably didn't notice the UFO (photoshopped images aren't meant to approved)).

Doesnt anyone else see that it is clearly a bird?

It is flying right to left.... surely you can see that?

Doesn't look anything like a bird to me...

There are many illegal aliens in South Africa so it is quite possible. My advice though, to any aliens wishing to land in South Africa, is to make sure that the spaceship has an anti-hijacking immobilizer installed as well as a tracking device. They should not act like tourists - leave the jewellery, cameras etc at home. And watch out for the taxis.

Why does everyone automatically scream PHOTOSHOP?

Where 99.999999999% of the picture ever posted on the internet is fake beyond doubt the most reasonable question would be

"why people does think that this is genuine"?

Where 99.999999999% of the picture ever posted on the internet is fake beyond doubt the most reasonable question would be

"why people does think that this is genuine"?

99.999999999% of photos on the internet are fake?

99.999999999% of photos on the internet are fake?

Yes, the rest are just unexplained.

You can always prove me wrong by posting one that you think it's not and discuss it.

Edited by Keosen

Yes, the rest are just unexplained.

You can always prove me wrong by posting one that you think it's not and discuss it.

Hi Keosen!

I agree that the vast majority of UFO photographs on the net are blatant fakes!(videos too!)

As for the actual percentage?...I dont know!

And not being a photographic expert... I tend to steer away from them!

But, I believe that the older ones have exponentially more potential for non-fakery!

There are a certain amount of these that I do take a little more seriously...

http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/view/older.htm

The main one that captures my imagination is the McMinnville photos taken by Paul Trent and his wife in 1950. It's not that they're any better looking than the others, ..it's that they come along with a positive endorsment from Dr. Bruce Maccabee.Who spent years of personal research on them. A man whom I have come to respect greatly!

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/03files2/1950_McMinnville_UFO_Case_Oregon.html

edit to say that I almost forgot to mention that a seemingly identical cphotograph was taken thousands of miles away in Rouen France in 1954!...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mjpowell/Rouen/Rouen.htm

...same craft?

What do you think?

Cheers.

Edited by 1963

There have always been unexplained UFO pictures that are not fake, although faking is a lot easier to do now.

I don't know what these are. In many cases, people did not even intend to take pictures of the UFO or didn't see it until the picture was developed. These are often the pictures that seem more authentic looking that the bright blurbs or the hubcaps thrown in the air:

washingtondc1942.jpg

edwardsafb1957.jpg

tallahassee1965.jpg

motonaunz1979.jpg

Edited by TheMcGuffin

There have always been unexplained UFO pictures that are not fake, although faking is a lot easier to do now.

I don't know what these are:

washingtondc1942.jpg

edwardsafb1957.jpg

tallahassee1965.jpg

motonaunz1979.jpg

Hi McGuffin!

I could'nt agree more buddy! :tu:

And in my kak-handed way, is what I was trying to convey.

Cheers.

Hi McGuffin!

I could'nt agree more buddy! :tu:

And in my kak-handed way, is what I was trying to convey.

Cheers.

Here's a website of the "best UFO photographs ever taken". I know which ones are fakes or probably fakes and which are real unknowns, but it would spoil the fun for everyone if I went through all of them.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures.html

Here's a website of the "best UFO photographs ever taken". I know which ones are fakes or probably fakes and which are real unknowns, but it would spoil the fun for everyone if I went through all of them.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures.html

Thanks for that McGuffin, but I am already a frequent visitor on that site!

Here's another good one,...but I expect that you'll already be familiar with it! :yes:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/view/older.htm

Cheers buddy.

But, I believe that the older ones have exponentially more potential for non-fakery!

I agree on this, there is some old photographs that have a lot more potential than the vast majority of the recent ones to be real UFO (not aliens but UFO)

The one you posted is the most known of it's kind, Robert Sheaffer document pretty much proves that the photo can be a fake although it's doesn't really prove that is not genuine either. I'll quote some interesting points of it.

There exists no factual basis for rejecting the following hypothesis: At approximately 8:20 in the morning of May 11, 1950, a small asymmetrical model was suspended from overhead telephone wires by two very thin threads. It was photographed once, then reoriented either by hand or by its assumption of a pendulum-type motion, and photographed again.
Of course, this does not "prove" that the photographs do not show an extraordinary flying object, but it has shown that there is no reason to believe that they do. The non-existence of such objects, as well as that of werewolves, witches, and unicorns, can never be "proven." No amount of negative evidence will seem conclusive so long as there exists a strong will to believe.

Another interesting,large and awfully detailed analysis of the photo can be found here http://brumac.8k.com/trent2.html

In my opinion the photo is hoax judging from how stationary the disk looks it looks as well as from the size of it.

To accept that if a photo cannot yet be proven wrong then it must show something real and especially an alien flying cab it requires a bring big leap of faith.

The Cottingley Fairies lasted as genuine for over 70 years and they were just cardboard.

That doesn't mean that in 1920 the correct answer to the question "Does fairies exists?" was "Yes, take look at Cottingley Fairies photos that seems genuine"

Some photos are unexplainable yes, but the UFO in them is an "unexplained object" not an "explained by aliens" object, that's the bottom line.

Edited by Keosen

In Ufology, to get to the really good stuff, one has to wade through a lot of fakes, hoaxes and misidentified conventional objects, but it's always been that way. Maybe 80-90% of cases will go out the window because of that, but then we are still left with incidents that no one has ever been able to explain--of incredible things reported by credible observers, as Gen. Samford put it back in 1952.

In Ufology, to get to the really good stuff, one has to wade through a lot of fakes, hoaxes and misidentified conventional objects, but it's always been that way. Maybe 80-90% of cases will go out the window because of that, but then we are still left with incidents that no one has ever been able to explain--of incredible things reported by credible observers, as Gen. Samford put it back in 1952.

Don't you think that after all these years we should have something better to go on than purportedly credible reports from purportedly credible observers? The fact that we really don't have anything better than this seems to indicate that it isn't really what many people want it to be.

Don't you think that after all these years we should have something better to go on than purportedly credible reports from purportedly credible observers? The fact that we really don't have anything better than this seems to indicate that it isn't really what many people want it to be.

Even back in 1947, there were photos of something unknown flaying around that truly puzzled the military, like these from Newfoundland--the cloud-cutter UFO that left a strange vapor trail. The standard explanation was that it could have been a low-level meteor, although something about that theory didn't sound quite right:

wood1.gif

wood2.gif

"On the afternoon of 10th of July a remarkable sighting took place which would influence the official investigation over the next two years and would be reflected on their sighting report questionnaire. Near Stephenville Cross, Newfoundland, three men returning by car from a fishing trip saw a bluish-black vapor trail. It cut a channel through the clouds estimated to be at 8,000 to 10,000 feet. It parted the clouds. One of the observers got a camera and took two photographs of the gap that had been opened in the clouds.

They viewed a seemingly translucent disk-like wheel traveling at a high rate of speed and parting the clouds behind it. The explanation generally put forth for this report is a "low altitude meteor." If that were so, one would think that meteor tracers would want to see this case and it would be examined in the scientific literature. Not a chance. The three letter initials "UFO" apparently consigned it to scientific limbo. Presumably the feeling was that the only inquiring minds that will look at UFOs are the ones that get their material off the supermarket checkout line magazine racks."

http://www.project1947.com/roswell/ufo47.htm

Edited by TheMcGuffin

Are there are thousands of similar cases out there delivering the same degree of not very much at all. It is enough to keep the dream alive though, I'll give it that.