Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gamers watching less TV, study finds

Janiel

LOS ANGELES - Nearly half of video game players watched less television last year or plan to cut their viewing time this year, according to a report issued on Thursday that lends credence to industry fears that young men are switching off the tube.

Full Story

I for one have cut back my TV time A LOT i last time a watched tv for more then 5 fminutes was like two weeks ago tongue.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janiel

• Subtemperate

• mr_halo

• _hAiLO_

Why watch a tv episode and accept whats happening when you can play a computer game and influence whats happening?

I dont know abnout anyone else, but i have barely watched tv at all for the past year or so. Most of my free time is spent online, and the rest either playing nintendo or reading.

I havent even seen the simpsons in months, and i used to watch it religiously lol

I've found the opposite, in the last few years I'm watching tons of anime DVDs and hardly playing video games tongue.gif Don't watch much telivised tv though wacko.gif

I havent really watched tv much this year..... Which is weird for me...... I spend my time online, or playing video games......

I havent really watched tv much this year..... Which is weird for me...... I spend my time online, or playing video games......

me too thumbsup.gif what do you play?

Nothing too interesting..... I toss a coin on whether I play ps2, gamecube or xbox..... and then work from there.....

Edited by Subtemperate

i tend to spend more time playing video games then watching the television, but thats usualy if i've just bought a new game, also theres never anything on television to watch..... huh.gif

plus when fable and halo 2 come out, i'll never watch the television, and then KOTOR 2 and LOTR third age are coming out, so no television for me once those games are in my collection..... laugh.gif

but i'm sure sure i'll come to television when those games are complete...

fable is going to be awesome...tv sucks, i get sick of seeing the same stupid celebrities in the news all the time, music channels suck, and sitcoms suck...south park is cool so is family guy and aqua teen hunger force,,,other than that tv is poo!

I don't think telavision is a complete bad thing cause I watch documentaries that teach.

But when I watch TV, I get a feeling I'm non-productive at the moment and it bothers me.

i watch way too much tv, play to many video games and am online nonstop... and i do all these things at THE SAME TIME!!!! grin2.gif

But when I watch TV, I get a feeling I'm non-productive at the moment and it bothers me.

249983[/snapback]

yea me too, thats kinda why i dont watch much

i dont watch much tv and i doubt anyone would call me a gamer whistling2.gif

At least i'm not like my brother. He watches TV while lying down on the couch, eats chips, cookies, and watches for HOURS!!!

What a potatoe, he says he's gonna be a Ranger. Guess its gonna be quite a challenge for him grin2.gif

Wow, that's not the most obvious poll ever.

That's like saying 'people playing soccer are playing less baseball!'

OF COURSE gamers are watching less TV, they're playing games!!

tv stinks lol you just sit there and stare....atleast w/ vid games ur acutally using ur brain to figure out stuff lol

altho i have a tradition of watching saturday morning cartoon...and the news when i wake up to go to school and CSI lol other then that im usually online...or playin ps2/gamecube or reading...*gasp* yes even that horrid thing lol

but insted of reading book..ill be reading applications lol and getting writers cramp tongue.gif WOOHOO! thumbsup.gif

I gotta admit, for the past....wow....three or four years, the amount of tv I watch has dropped to next to nothing...I watch my wrestling, Terror Alert, and the occassional movie if I see it advertised.

That's about it huh.gif Assuming we don't count dvds and stuff, just actual tv.

I get so bored with TV that I hardly watch it anymore(never have been a big fan)

Prefer to be on the net or reading a book or playing computer games.