Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ZOZO the Ouija Board Demon

Zampano

I did a card test before.

1/ pick a card, leave it face up somewhere you cannot see, then ask which card is it. Repeat 5 times, see how many times you get it right.

2/ pick a card, leave it face up somewhere you can see, then ask which card is it. Repeat 5 times as well.

My result was:

1/ 5 wrongs

2/ 5 rights

i tried 2 use a home made ouija board and it really worked can any 1 explain how this could happen

Have you actually read this entire thread (especially mine with the link of the video?) by using that backwards comment i have a feeling the answer is no.

Edited by Brian Topp

Wow, He claims a lot but honestly just... watch... my... link... it explains it all.

Wow, He claims a lot but honestly just... watch... my... link... it explains it all.

Yes,..I ..saw..your..video...when you posted it a few days ago. At some level, it was as entertaining as the other videos that were posted in this thread, and also at some level, it wasn't debunking much of anything with one isolated event. There are hundreds and hundreds of ouija stories out there with many many variables. I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment done with someone who claims the board works every single time with and with staggering results. Anyway, that said, thanks for posting! :)

Yes there's many stories and that what they are, stories. How many people write stories about zombies? Look over the short period of time where they were drugged up slaves to dead ghouls walking slowly to running rabies type virus trying to eat flesh yet i don't see one walking down the street.

Edited by Brian Topp

Yes there's many stories and that what they are, stories. How many people write stories about zombies? Look over the short period of time where they were drugged up slaves to dead ghouls walking slowly to running rabies type virus trying to eat flesh yet i don't see one walking down the street.

Yes Brian Topp! That is exactly what they are. In fact, this whole forum, Unexplained-Mysteries, is build on that exact notion. If you click on any of the topics on this forum (Ghosts, metaphysics, cryptozoology, extraterrestrial life, UFO..etc) you would find hundreds of unexplained - mysterious stories. All of the these stories, because they fall under the paranormal category, lives outside of the walls of science and the scientific method. So, unfortunately, this is the wrong forum to have a real/fake debate. :) When dealing with the unknown, you must keep an open mind. Are there crazy outlandish false stories out there?? Yes sir! However, there are also many stories that are very interesting and deserve a second glance. You got me nervous for a second Brian Topp, I thought I got transported away from my beloved Unexplained-Mysteries forum and dropped right into an ultra conservative FOX news forum. :)

Yes Brian Topp! That is exactly what they are. In fact, this whole forum, Unexplained-Mysteries, is build on that exact notion. If you click on any of the topics on this forum (Ghosts, metaphysics, cryptozoology, extraterrestrial life, UFO..etc) you would find hundreds of unexplained - mysterious stories. All of the these stories, because they fall under the paranormal category, lives outside of the walls of science and the scientific method. So, unfortunately, this is the wrong forum to have a real/fake debate. :) When dealing with the unknown, you must keep an open mind. Are there crazy outlandish false stories out there?? Yes sir! However, there are also many stories that are very interesting and deserve a second glance. You got me nervous for a second Brian Topp, I thought I got transported away from my beloved Unexplained-Mysteries forum and dropped right into an ultra conservative FOX news forum. :)

When you say hundreds of unexplained stories is pretty amusing, the fact is most of them can be explained, or at least give the most logical explanation on what they saw, spoke to, heard or felt.

Sometimes i feel that this forum is filled with a lot of impressionable people or people who just want to get a reaction or just to feel special, especially when it comes to popular movies/shows/novels. How many people wrote a story on UM claiming they saw a werewolf or a vampire on here a week after twilight came out of the movie theatre? Does it mean it is true because so many people wrote about it? No.

Back to topic, this oujia board has been debunked time and again by various researchers but people will say "you never know the paranormal" or "Keep an open mind" so I will throw out my "open mind card"

Just because some tales/experiences whic concern the use of ouiga boards may have been debunked, it doesnt mean all reports re ouiga boards are automatically debunked

I've done many ouija boards since I was a teen, and I have to be honest, aside from one terrifying incident which I still think could be attributed to something natural, nothing of much interest has ever happened.

When I first heard about zozo, it did freak me out for a while, I'll admit. I didn't like reading about it when I was alone, because I knew I'd get all worked up. But a lot of the reports seemed to be all very samey, like someone had read one and it had just been copied, Chinese whispers style, by others. So, I dunno. In order to be scared of it, I guess I'd have to believe in it. But my ouija board experiences have, minus one incident many years ago, been pretty disappointing.

I've done many ouija boards since I was a teen, and I have to be honest, aside from one terrifying incident which I still think could be attributed to something natural, nothing of much interest has ever happened.

When I first heard about zozo, it did freak me out for a while, I'll admit. I didn't like reading about it when I was alone, because I knew I'd get all worked up. But a lot of the reports seemed to be all very samey, like someone had read one and it had just been copied, Chinese whispers style, by others. So, I dunno. In order to be scared of it, I guess I'd have to believe in it. But my ouija board experiences have, minus one incident many years ago, been pretty disappointing.

Could you be tempted to elaborate on the one experience you had which was different to all the others ??

Could you be tempted to elaborate on the one experience you had which was different to all the others ??

Sure. Though.....be aware that my friend and I rarely tell anyone about it for the obvious reasons that they either don't believe you, or come out with a number of things they personally think it was, and I've yet to hear one which explains it to my satisfaction. Im a pretty rational person, and always look for the logical before leaping to conclusions, but have yet to find anything that would describe it.

Anyhoo, my best friend and I were both about 17 at the time. Her parents live in a big, old fashioned house in the middle of the country (we're in Norfolk, England), tons of land around them, lots of woodland etc. I've always found the house creepy at the best of times because its so silent and pitch dark at night. Well, her parents had gone away for a week, and my friend had to stay home to look after the dog, so I said I'd stay with her for a few nights to keep her company.

We had a few drinks, and I stress only a few on the night in question, perhaps one or two shots each, so were in no way drunk (because thats something people love to use as proof that you didn't experience anything at all, you were just drunk. Neither of us were drunk.)

We decided to do a ouija board at around midnight, as we'd done several times before, but never in that house.

We really went to town, made it all up, lit candles, turned all other lights off, and commenced.

Like your typical teenage girls, we had a bit of a giggle first, but then tried to settle down and take it seriously.

About 5 minutes into doing it, with nothing having happened at all, the planchett (or whatever it is, pointy thing!) moved sharply. I did, and still think I do, attributed this to either me or my friend just moving it by accident.

But then the sound happened.

It was the most horrific sound I've ever, ever heard. It was like a very low, human-like (but not completely), moan that continued on in one, long note for probably about 10 seconds in total. But what was most shocking about it, and what made me wonder to this day what it was, was the volume.

It was incredibly loud.

It was like whatever it was was standing right outside the window with its face pressed up as close as it could get. This wasn't something in the distance. Was it too loud to have been made by a human? Possibly not, if you really went for it, but it was far too 'fluid' and controlled to be human, in my mind, and went on longer than a human calling at that volume could sustain without getting out of breath, unless he was a trained opera singer.

But that wasn't the only weird thing.

The sound started very definitely at the window to my right. In fact, the curtains in this house never completely closed properly, there was always a gap of about 3 inches between them, meaning if I'd just moved my head to the right, I could have seen outside. But I was frozen, and could not actually move.

I kid you not, I've never been that scared, never been scared into seizing up before or since.

So it started to my right, outside the window, then sailed up and over the house and away into the distance on my left.

It were as if whatever it was had just leapt or flown up and over the house, taking its godawful moan with it.

My friend tells me that when it happened, she originally thought I'd become 'possessed' because I'd frozen up, my mouth was open, and she tells me my eyes went 'red' but says they probably just went bloodshot through fear. She still laughs about it when we talk about it now and says 'I remember just honestly thinking the sound was coming from you, because you had your mouth open'.

I believe I whipped my hands off the pointer as the sound started, though I can't actually remember if this was true. I'll have to check with my friend.

To this day, neither of us have any idea what it was.

You tell people, and they suggest the following: an owl (no, british owl species tend to either hoot, or screech, not make moaning sounds from the pits of hell, particularly not of that volume)

a cow (the nearest cows are a good mile away up the abandoned railway line, fenced in, and I think we'd notice if one had sauntered into the garden, there'd be more clues than just one horrific moan at midnight. Not to mention.....I know what a cow sounds like, I worked with them. This was eerily human)

A human being messing with you (I discount this for several reasons. We were in the middle of nowhere, there are hardly any other people around, and I just can't see someone making a visit to the house, randomly (no-one knew we were there alone) just to make a stupid noise outside. I think if people were trying to mess with us, they'd carry it on beyond that one thing, probably begin banging windows and such, but that noise was the ONLY thing that happened. Also....just the volume.....I don't think it would be impossible for a human to make that volume, but even if so, how did it travel over the house? And unless I've got really messed up ears or something, the sound definitely faded away over the roof).

The other thing people suggest was the dog.

It was an irish wolf hound. However, she never EVER howled or made noise, she was elderly, and very quiet, and she was in the kitchen at the time, not where the sound came from. Added to which, I've worked with dogs extensively for my entire adult life, in rescue, veterinary work and race tracks. I've heard every possible sound that can come out of a canine, in every context from pain to joy to aggression, and even death, and this was not the sound of a dog.

Once this sound disappeared, nothing else particularly notable happened that night. We were both shook up, and I didn't sleep well that night, but that was the only odd thing that happened on that particular night. Since then, other odd things have happened at that location, primarily noises we cannot recognise, which I don't mind going into either, but my friend's parents don't notice anything amiss.

It's only us. And when we tell people, they have that 'yeah, suuuure' look on their face. And I don't blame them. If it hadn't happened to me, I'd think the same way, so I don't blame anyone for not believing, or thinking we just misidentified something normal.

And Im still not sure what it was. Neither of us are. I really wish there WAS a logical explanation that I could go 'Oh of COURSE!' to, but nothing. Im a huge animal lover, I know all the wildlife in this area and what noise it makes, and where it tends to reside.

Nothing makes any sense to me.

Well Rat Girl, thats quite an odd thing to read bout.

i guess i was kinda expecting something like you contacted someone who died many years ago.

But i sure didnt expect that!!

Personally, i believe you.

Its so odd, and for that reason, i really dont believe you could go. into such detail if you simply imagined it.

Thankyou for sharing your experience, like i said, i believe you.Bet you aint touched a ouiga board since.

Thanks again for sharing.

Rat girl, that was a pretty amazing story. It would have freaked me out too! Thanks for sharing!

When you say hundreds of unexplained stories is pretty amusing, the fact is most of them can be explained, or at least give the most logical explanation on what they saw, spoke to, heard or felt.

Sometimes i feel that this forum is filled with a lot of impressionable people or people who just want to get a reaction or just to feel special, especially when it comes to popular movies/shows/novels. How many people wrote a story on UM claiming they saw a werewolf or a vampire on here a week after twilight came out of the movie theatre? Does it mean it is true because so many people wrote about it? No.

Back to topic, this oujia board has been debunked time and again by various researchers but people will say "you never know the paranormal" or "Keep an open mind" so I will throw out my "open mind card"

Brain Topp! First, you missed the pun when I said there are hundred of Unexplained-Mysterious stories on here. That was a direct reference to the title of this forum. But all jokes aside, it's a bold statement to make if you say most of the stories on here are explainable. You need facts to prove or disprove something. Remember, speculation is a horrible way to structure an argument. You need facts to back it up or it would be argumentative. The best part about this forum is that we are not trying to prove or disprove our experiences, we are only telling our story through our own perception of what happened to us when we went toe to toe with something within the realm of the paranormal. To a skeptic these stories, like the ones found on this site, will sound outlandish. It is obvious that you are a skeptic, and that is totally ok, but you might not enjoy this forum because it is loaded with people who don't think the way you do. :) Oh, and the Ouija Board is real, don't play it! :)

Remember, speculation is a horrible way to structure an argument. You need facts to back it up or it would be argumentative.

Welcome to the internet. All you will find on here is speculation.

Brain Topp! First, you missed the pun when I said there are hundred of Unexplained-Mysterious stories on here. That was a direct reference to the title of this forum. But all jokes aside, it's a bold statement to make if you say most of the stories on here are explainable. You need facts to prove or disprove something. Remember, speculation is a horrible way to structure an argument. You need facts to back it up or it would be argumentative. The best part about this forum is that we are not trying to prove or disprove our experiences, we are only telling our story through our own perception of what happened to us when we went toe to toe with something within the realm of the paranormal. To a skeptic these stories, like the ones found on this site, will sound outlandish. It is obvious that you are a skeptic, and that is totally ok, but you might not enjoy this forum because it is loaded with people who don't think the way you do. :) Oh, and the Ouija Board is real, don't play it! :)

How would you explain the people who dont experience anything with the Ouija board then...?....why doesn't everyone get something come through...?....This to me is one of the biggest problems with saying Ouija boards are a working tool to contact the dead or demonic.The only people who seem to experience anything are the ones that believe in the paranormal which opens up the subconscious pushing of the planchette argument....

Just because some tales/experiences whic concern the use of ouiga boards may have been debunked, it doesnt mean all reports re ouiga boards are automatically debunked

I'm sorry it's pretty cut and dry on oujia boards. it's a toy, nothing more.

Zampano, Please rewatch the last video because clearly you didn't or just didn't pay attention to it. Oujia boards not real tool to contact the other side because as the other Brian had just stated, what about the people it doesn't work when they use it?

Edited by Brian Topp

For some people, Ouija boards don't work at all, no matter how many people are using it. Others can use it all by themselves. That is the nature of the human condition I guess. You can see my own experience and last conclusion with the subject. I found and still find the Ouija a very interesting activity, and for those that aren't freaked out about it, I still recommend it as a fascinating experiment or even regular "hobby" or "oracle", as it can be used to hone one's own critical thinking and development of proper control and testing procedures, etc., and you can get some really entertaining and interesting results and "conversations".

as the other Brian had just stated, what about the people it doesn't work when they use it?

I thought the "White Kids" video was real... Maybe it's a Brian thing... But that was fricken funny! :lol:

Cheers, Another Brian.

P.S.

"Played with a made one at school", I found when i wanted to spell something out, It wasn't hard to manipulate where you wanted the glass to go.

For some people, Ouija boards don't work at all, no matter how many people are using it. Others can use it all by themselves. That is the nature of the human condition I guess. You can see my own experience and last conclusion with the subject. I found and still find the Ouija a very interesting activity, and for those that aren't freaked out about it, I still recommend it as a fascinating experiment or even regular "hobby" or "oracle", as it can be used to hone one's own critical thinking and development of proper control and testing procedures, etc., and you can get some really entertaining and interesting results and "conversations".

That's exactly right. If anything, it's just a cool novelty. And it is interesting the way it actually does move around the board and spell out things. I've played with them for fun alot when I was younger. And I even made a decent looking one out of pine wood and stencils. And even though I knew that it was only my body energy and subconsciene making it move, I have alway been fascinated by that. That's a rather unique thing in itself. And the answers you get to questions may be a key to unlocking your own personal thoughts and feelings on things.

Zampano, Please rewatch the last video because clearly you didn't or just didn't pay attention to it. Oujia boards not real tool to contact the other side because as the other Brian had just stated, what about the people it doesn't work when they use it?

Yes, I watched the whole thing. I completely agree with it too, and it also states the point I am trying to make but on the contrary. I'm personally one who enjoys anything and everything paranormal, but that said, I do not blindly believe every claim. Since I believe in spirits or anything paranormal, I tend to simply think that it is possible. And when I call someone closed minded, it is usually when they don't even consider, even for a second, the possibilities. My favorite skeptic is someone who does not believe in the paranormal, but is opened minded enough to explore it. If that person is given enough evidence he or she may believe something outside our realm of understanding has happened. But, most skeptics I meet quickly fire back and think anyone who believes in anything that can not be measured by the scientific method is stupid and childish. That is the huge disadvantage to us, who believe in the paranormal, because there is no way to measure it, which means, there is no way to prove it. The only thing we really could go by is our own experiences and stories that have similar patterns. I personally believe there is something real and strange going on with the Ouija Board because of my past experience. If I really wanted to prove the Ouija Board phenomenon to myself, I would have to spend lots and lots of time doing experiment after experiment with tons of variables to prove to myself it is real or just a silly game. I don't have that much time on my hands, so to be on the safe side I stay away from it. :)

• Like 1

Theres very strict rules for possesion and on both good and bad sides its limited to possesion or infleunce and by any chance anyone cross reference the dates of those vids possible tryed to research into which countries these people are from then check if there youtube username with those of the views of the related videos ?

Sure. Though.....be aware that my friend and I rarely tell anyone about it for the obvious reasons that they either don't believe you, or come out with a number of things they personally think it was, and I've yet to hear one which explains it to my satisfaction. Im a pretty rational person, and always look for the logical before leaping to conclusions, but have yet to find anything that would describe it.

Anyhoo, my best friend and I were both about 17 at the time. Her parents live in a big, old fashioned house in the middle of the country (we're in Norfolk, England), tons of land around them, lots of woodland etc. I've always found the house creepy at the best of times because its so silent and pitch dark at night. Well, her parents had gone away for a week, and my friend had to stay home to look after the dog, so I said I'd stay with her for a few nights to keep her company.

We had a few drinks, and I stress only a few on the night in question, perhaps one or two shots each, so were in no way drunk (because thats something people love to use as proof that you didn't experience anything at all, you were just drunk. Neither of us were drunk.)

We decided to do a ouija board at around midnight, as we'd done several times before, but never in that house.

We really went to town, made it all up, lit candles, turned all other lights off, and commenced.

Like your typical teenage girls, we had a bit of a giggle first, but then tried to settle down and take it seriously.

About 5 minutes into doing it, with nothing having happened at all, the planchett (or whatever it is, pointy thing!) moved sharply. I did, and still think I do, attributed this to either me or my friend just moving it by accident.

But then the sound happened.

It was the most horrific sound I've ever, ever heard. It was like a very low, human-like (but not completely), moan that continued on in one, long note for probably about 10 seconds in total. But what was most shocking about it, and what made me wonder to this day what it was, was the volume.

It was incredibly loud.

It was like whatever it was was standing right outside the window with its face pressed up as close as it could get. This wasn't something in the distance. Was it too loud to have been made by a human? Possibly not, if you really went for it, but it was far too 'fluid' and controlled to be human, in my mind, and went on longer than a human calling at that volume could sustain without getting out of breath, unless he was a trained opera singer.

But that wasn't the only weird thing.

The sound started very definitely at the window to my right. In fact, the curtains in this house never completely closed properly, there was always a gap of about 3 inches between them, meaning if I'd just moved my head to the right, I could have seen outside. But I was frozen, and could not actually move.

I kid you not, I've never been that scared, never been scared into seizing up before or since.

So it started to my right, outside the window, then sailed up and over the house and away into the distance on my left.

It were as if whatever it was had just leapt or flown up and over the house, taking its godawful moan with it.

My friend tells me that when it happened, she originally thought I'd become 'possessed' because I'd frozen up, my mouth was open, and she tells me my eyes went 'red' but says they probably just went bloodshot through fear. She still laughs about it when we talk about it now and says 'I remember just honestly thinking the sound was coming from you, because you had your mouth open'.

I believe I whipped my hands off the pointer as the sound started, though I can't actually remember if this was true. I'll have to check with my friend.

To this day, neither of us have any idea what it was.

You tell people, and they suggest the following: an owl (no, british owl species tend to either hoot, or screech, not make moaning sounds from the pits of hell, particularly not of that volume)

a cow (the nearest cows are a good mile away up the abandoned railway line, fenced in, and I think we'd notice if one had sauntered into the garden, there'd be more clues than just one horrific moan at midnight. Not to mention.....I know what a cow sounds like, I worked with them. This was eerily human)

A human being messing with you (I discount this for several reasons. We were in the middle of nowhere, there are hardly any other people around, and I just can't see someone making a visit to the house, randomly (no-one knew we were there alone) just to make a stupid noise outside. I think if people were trying to mess with us, they'd carry it on beyond that one thing, probably begin banging windows and such, but that noise was the ONLY thing that happened. Also....just the volume.....I don't think it would be impossible for a human to make that volume, but even if so, how did it travel over the house? And unless I've got really messed up ears or something, the sound definitely faded away over the roof).

The other thing people suggest was the dog.

It was an irish wolf hound. However, she never EVER howled or made noise, she was elderly, and very quiet, and she was in the kitchen at the time, not where the sound came from. Added to which, I've worked with dogs extensively for my entire adult life, in rescue, veterinary work and race tracks. I've heard every possible sound that can come out of a canine, in every context from pain to joy to aggression, and even death, and this was not the sound of a dog.

Once this sound disappeared, nothing else particularly notable happened that night. We were both shook up, and I didn't sleep well that night, but that was the only odd thing that happened on that particular night. Since then, other odd things have happened at that location, primarily noises we cannot recognise, which I don't mind going into either, but my friend's parents don't notice anything amiss.

It's only us. And when we tell people, they have that 'yeah, suuuure' look on their face. And I don't blame them. If it hadn't happened to me, I'd think the same way, so I don't blame anyone for not believing, or thinking we just misidentified something normal.

And Im still not sure what it was. Neither of us are. I really wish there WAS a logical explanation that I could go 'Oh of COURSE!' to, but nothing. Im a huge animal lover, I know all the wildlife in this area and what noise it makes, and where it tends to reside.

Nothing makes any sense to me.

Pretty epic tale right here. I don't believe in the paranormal, but if you do I may have an explanation. It was a banshee, they originated in Irish folklore so if they are real England isn't to far away. Although, Norfolk is the furthest park of England from Ireland.

Here is a question what did the dog do during/after this?

Edited by IamLegend