Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ZOZO the Ouija Board Demon

Zampano

Oddly enough, i saw a dvd called Banshee in shop today.

Didnt buy it, but it did make me wonder if that could be what Rat Girl descrbed as well.

tried watching banshee, my advice, dont watch it, its crap

Pretty epic tale right here. I don't believe in the paranormal, but if you do I may have an explanation. It was a banshee, they originated in Irish folklore so if they are real England isn't to far away. Although, Norfolk is the furthest park of England from Ireland.

Here is a question what did the dog do during/after this?

Well, my friend's dad is irish :P

I have to say, I've never actually thought about that! I'll tell her that one! Whatever is was, it made me lose every ounce of cool I might have built up over the years. The dog, as far as we know, didn't react. She was in the kitchen, but we didn't hear her react or get up or make any noise.

we've heard other weeeeird things there, one of which Im genuinely wondering what it was as we heard it several times for about 2 years, but I might make a post about that in another section as its not ouiji related. I hope :o

Interesting video above about ZoZo and the possessed girl. Scary and yet interesting at the same time. I often wondered if there is another realm, a spirit realm, beyond our immediate understanding. If so, I wonder how it works, and how they can communicate with us.

Oh boy, the ole Ouija board works, it doesn't work topic. It happens over and over again on many sites on the internet. People say that you have to believe in it for it to work. That is a myth and its nonsense. It works for those who believe and for those who don't believe. I've seen some people claim that they've used it for years and it didn't work but I believe it did work but they just threw it off as "subconscious at work". One person who is a stern atheist even claimed that he used it one time (during his many years of experience) and was told something about his grandmother that he never knew. He claimed he asked his grandmother about it and she stated that yes he was correct. He believed somehow that it was taken out of his subconscious unknowingly and it trickled down to his finger tips on a piece of cardboard and spelled out the answer correctly.

Mind you, he had to ask his grandmother if this was accurate but he believed somehow it was in his subconscious and it was taken out of his subconscious unknowingly and transferred to his fingertips. Haha. :rolleyes: Does this even make any sense.. :wacko: This is a clear response of people who refuse to believe that the ouija contacts anything outside of their subconscious. If you don't accept their being any possibility of invisible entities you will never accept that the ouija contacts anything outside of you subconscious, even if you did contact an entity. The ouija doesn't work for every single person that lays their hands on it. You need to have at least 2 people for it to have enough energy to work. 1 person may not be enough energy. The more people, the better possibility for a contact..

Also, Zozo is not the only Z entity contacted. There are many more Z entities contacted from many other users world wide. There is another site where someone posted about some other Z entities. Here it is below:

http://www.thewhitenoiseforum.com/main/view_topic.php?id=4193&forum_id=144

Hi beenieman

Thanks for the link, really like it :D lots of colours etc B) nice n shiny ;)

Read couple Zamps!!!! Wow a new name plus you gotta feel sorry for girl gettin shot 7 times, then 1 more, just to make sure :(

So weve got Zozo on here, but on the link Zamps has got wenches an everythin :lol:

Defo gonna read some more off there ;)

Thanks again for the link :)

[/sizeI am new to this forum and first I would like to say hello to everyone. I had attempted to post on more general forums and I am tired of having to defending my experiences and beliefs to skeptics.

I have read the posts about the Ouija board and I have had similar experiences in my late teens and early 20s.

Never had an encounter with an entity named ZoZO, but I did with another entity who presented in the same exact way. The planchette would begin to move in a figure eight for a number of times. I never counted so I can't say how many. Then it would shoot off. When I say this I mean that it would move so fast that I could hardly follow it. It only did this with certain friends and my first cousin.

When asked it's name it would say "ANA" or "NANA" Has anyone else had an experience with this entity?

It sounds so much like ZoZo that I am wondering if the demon would disguise it self. I had a great Aunt Anna (with two Ns) and one of my grandmothers was called Nana.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Sarabeth.

[/sizeI am new to this forum and first I would like to say hello to everyone. I had attempted to post on more general forums and I am tired of having to defending my experiences and beliefs to skeptics.

I have read the posts about the Ouija board and I have had similar experiences in my late teens and early 20s.

Never had an encounter with an entity named ZoZO, but I did with another entity who presented in the same exact way. The planchette would begin to move in a figure eight for a number of times. I never counted so I can't say how many. Then it would shoot off. When I say this I mean that it would move so fast that I could hardly follow it. It only did this with certain friends and my first cousin.

When asked it's name it would say "ANA" or "NANA" Has anyone else had an experience with this entity?

It sounds so much like ZoZo that I am wondering if the demon would disguise it self. I had a great Aunt Anna (with two Ns) and one of my grandmothers was called Nana.

Sarabeth.

I do know of stories where people have gotten ZaZa, ZoSo, and the newest one that is surfacing is MaMa. They all have the same characteristics as ZoZo.

Sarabeth.

Dont rule out the possibility that you subconsciously moved the planchette yourself.The fact you got NANA and one of your grandparents used the name makes me think you may have wanted her to 'come through'...so you may have done it unknowingly.....thats JMO so i dont mean any offense..:no::)

Edited by BrianPotter

This is a very cool story. I'm not sure if I can believe in "ZoZo", but regardless, there are enough accounts of its existence to hold up. If there is a movie in the works, I'm pretty excited to see it, and in saying that, the hype of "ZoZo" is doing its job! I'm a horror movie fanatic.

I don't really want to get into whether or not the Ouija is real or fake, because truly, I don't know. Both the mind and the universe are too complex for me to grasp what is possible.

All I know is that I have played with the Ouija, alone and with friends, and the planchette will glide across the board with ease. Sometimes it spells nothing but jibberish, and other times, it has scared the p*** out of me from being so precise. I have "met" a lot of "spirits" that introduce themselves by two letters. I always thought they were initials. (Like if I had "met" ZoZo, I would have interpreted it as Z.O. to represent him). I have had figure eights drawn, but the most common pattern I received was counting, or going through the alphabet one letter at a time, in order. I have always read those summon demons, or that a demon is trying to enter our world/dimension. I don't think that back then, I was too afraid of that.

I haven't played with an Ouija board in a year now, not after a particular horrifying event. But I don't think ZoZo was to blame.

Just a reminder to all. It is a pretty commonly held belief that when you speak a demons name, you give it power. I don't know if typing it and posting on the internet does anything, but I think somehow giving it any recognition give is power. Does that mean writing about it will make it jump out of your keyboard - certainly not. But I just think it is something to keep in mind.

I'm not trying to pour cold water on the discussion, but if you feel the need to bash me for it, please feel free :)

• Like 1

This is a very cool story. I'm not sure if I can believe in "ZoZo", but regardless, there are enough accounts of its existence to hold up. If there is a movie in the works, I'm pretty excited to see it, and in saying that, the hype of "ZoZo" is doing its job! I'm a horror movie fanatic.

I don't really want to get into whether or not the Ouija is real or fake, because truly, I don't know. Both the mind and the universe are too complex for me to grasp what is possible.

All I know is that I have played with the Ouija, alone and with friends, and the planchette will glide across the board with ease. Sometimes it spells nothing but jibberish, and other times, it has scared the p*** out of me from being so precise. I have "met" a lot of "spirits" that introduce themselves by two letters. I always thought they were initials. (Like if I had "met" ZoZo, I would have interpreted it as Z.O. to represent him). I have had figure eights drawn, but the most common pattern I received was counting, or going through the alphabet one letter at a time, in order. I have always read those summon demons, or that a demon is trying to enter our world/dimension. I don't think that back then, I was too afraid of that.

I haven't played with an Ouija board in a year now, not after a particular horrifying event. But I don't think ZoZo was to blame.

Thanx for sharing obsessive. I have been following the topic with interest. Would you be willing to expand on the particularly horrifying event you write about? I am very intrigued.

James

I'm not afraid of him if that's the case. I think it's like the "Bloody Mary" story... saying her name is supposed to give her power, but in all actuality, all it is is me standing in a dark bathroom, like an idiot, seeing my own reflection in the mirror. I've never been personally haunted by something that came through Ouija, so I'm not saying it can't happen... it just hasn't been a personal experience. I still think this a cool urban legend though, and I like it!

Thanx for sharing obsessive. I have been following the topic with interest. Would you be willing to expand on the particularly horrifying event you write about? I am very intrigued.

James

James, sure.

I'm not trying to make anyone believe me. I was hesitant to even make my experience public, but decided I would. It seems to be an open minded enough group of people. At least a little part of everyone wants to believe in something supernatural, or why else would you be here? You can take it for what it is. Whatever did happen, whether it was real or not, was VERY real to me. Real enough, that after ten years of thinking that the Ouija was nothing more than a Parker Bros game, I finally put my board to rest forever.

My mom had always warned me about playing with the Ouija. She had told me a few of her experiences as a kid growing up in the 60's-70's (when the board had a rush of popularity). She told me it wasn't something to be messed with. She was always worried about me. She knew I was born with a fascination with the dead. Even as a small child, she would take me to the library and I would check out every monster book I could carry. As a young teenager, I was given my first computer (along with awesome dial-up internet), and I began researching the supernatural. With help from the internet, I developed an obsession with these "spirit boards". I was too young to drive or have money of my own, so at a young age, I began making my own out of pizza boxes at slumber parties. My mom would always find them and scold me for being so irresponsible and stupid, for I should know better. But nothing bad had ever happened, so I continued on with my night time conversations with god knows what.

Fast forward ten years. My girlfriends and I were bored at my apartment and couldn't find anything to do. Nothing good was on TV, we didn't feel like going to the bars, and we were running out of things to talk about. It was around midnight and I decided that introducing the Ouija board to them could be fun; after all, I was a veteran with my talking boards. After reassuring them that I had done this for years and nothing bad had ever happened, they hesitantly agreed to play. We set out a single white candle and sat in a circle in the living room floor. All the girls set their fingers on the planchette, and a little giggly at first, asked if anyone was there who'd like to speak with us. It didn't take long for the planchette to glide over the board, indicating that "yes" someone was here. We asked a few more questions, more seriously now, and it didn't fail to answer anything. About five minutes into our session, one of my best friends took her hands off the planchette. Thinking she got scared, even though the board wasn't being scary, I turned to look at her, reassuring that everything was fine. I wish I hadn't. She is a small girl. About 5'4" and 115 pounds. She had her knees folded up under her chin and she was rocking back and forth; laughing under her breath. "Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha." It was very rhythmic, almost sarcastic. It was almost a whisper. Her blue eyes went black. She was grinning. Her usual long, beautiful blonde hair, now looked matted and stringy. Unkempt. Her face; bloated. She kept rocking and laughing. By now I noticed that the room was only lit by my porch light outside, and the moon. The candle had gone out. I looked at the other girls to see if they were in on this hoax my dear friend was playing on me. They looked more scared than I felt, and I was terrified. They kept looking at me for answers, but none of us could speak a word. I finally managed to mutter, "Cut it out", to her. I'd never felt fear before, for this was a game I played so often growing up. She kept laughing. I grabbed the candle and my lighter, and as soon as the flame touched the wick, my friend rocked herself upwards, and blew out the flame. I was beginning to get frustrated, so I yelled, "Katie! ****ing stop it!" only to see her back in her position, rocking and laughing, looking up at me while grinning. In a voice that was not hers, I can only describe it as "insect-y", she said, "Katie isn't here." and kept laughing. By now, it had been about ten minutes, and this game was getting old. If this was a prank, she sure was keeping character, and for far too long. I looked at the girls and signaled over to the back porch. They both got the message and we ran outside. We sat there looking at her through the sliding glass doors for another ten to fifteen minutes. She didn't move aside from her rocking. By now, we couldn't hear her anymore and we were thankful. We engaged in small talk over a few cigarettes. Finally, Katie came outside to join us. She had the look of terror on her face. She looked like herself again, at least, her face wasn't bloated anymore, and her eyes looked normal. Her hair was still a mess. She said, "Why did you leave me in there by myself? You could have woken me up, I didn't mean to fall asleep." She also had some time lapse issues, thinking it was much earlier than it was.

Eventually all of us parted ways, but I didn't sleep a wink that night. I called her the next morning to check on her and to see if she would fess up about the prank. When she didn't, I let off her. She still swears that she has no idea what I'm talking about and even gets scared when I mention it. She thinks that I'm trying to frighten her on purpose and that I've made the whole thing up about what she did while she was "sleeping". That happened a year ago. She just got married last week. I was part of the bridal party. I tried to bring it up in a joking manner and she told me to just stop. She's still scared. I believe her when she says she doesn't remember what happened.

Ever since then, I haven't touched the board.

Edited by Obsessive

James, sure.

I'm not trying to make anyone believe me. I was hesitant to even make my experience public, but decided I would. It seems to be an open minded enough group of people. At least a little part of everyone wants to believe in something supernatural, or why else would you be here? You can take it for what it is. Whatever did happen, whether it was real or not, was VERY real to me. Real enough, that after ten years of thinking that the Ouija was nothing more than a Parker Bros game, I finally put my board to rest forever.

My mom had always warned me about playing with the Ouija. She had told me a few of her experiences as a kid growing up in the 60's-70's (when the board had a rush of popularity). She told me it wasn't something to be messed with. She was always worried about me. She knew I was born with a fascination with the dead. Even as a small child, she would take me to the library and I would check out every monster book I could carry. As a young teenager, I was given my first computer (along with awesome dial-up internet), and I began researching the supernatural. With help from the internet, I developed an obsession with these "spirit boards". I was too young to drive or have money of my own, so at a young age, I began making my own out of pizza boxes at slumber parties. My mom would always find them and scold me for being so irresponsible and stupid, for I should know better. But nothing bad had ever happened, so I continued on with my night time conversations with god knows what.

Fast forward ten years. My girlfriends and I were bored at my apartment and couldn't find anything to do. Nothing good was on TV, we didn't feel like going to the bars, and we were running out of things to talk about. It was around midnight and I decided that introducing the Ouija board to them could be fun; after all, I was a veteran with my talking boards. After reassuring them that I had done this for years and nothing bad had ever happened, they hesitantly agreed to play. We set out a single white candle and sat in a circle in the living room floor. All the girls set their fingers on the planchette, and a little giggly at first, asked if anyone was there who'd like to speak with us. It didn't take long for the planchette to glide over the board, indicating that "yes" someone was here. We asked a few more questions, more seriously now, and it didn't fail to answer anything. About five minutes into our session, one of my best friends took her hands off the planchette. Thinking she got scared, even though the board wasn't being scary, I turned to look at her, reassuring that everything was fine. I wish I hadn't. She is a small girl. About 5'4" and 115 pounds. She had her knees folded up under her chin and she was rocking back and forth; laughing under her breath. "Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha." It was very rhythmic, almost sarcastic. It was almost a whisper. Her blue eyes went black. She was grinning. Her usual long, beautiful blonde hair, now looked matted and stringy. Unkempt. Her face; bloated. She kept rocking and laughing. By now I noticed that the room was only lit by my porch light outside, and the moon. The candle had gone out. I looked at the other girls to see if they were in on this hoax my dear friend was playing on me. They looked more scared than I felt, and I was terrified. They kept looking at me for answers, but none of us could speak a word. I finally managed to mutter, "Cut it out", to her. I'd never felt fear before, for this was a game I played so often growing up. She kept laughing. I grabbed the candle and my lighter, and as soon as the flame touched the wick, my friend rocked herself upwards, and blew out the flame. I was beginning to get frustrated, so I yelled, "Katie! ****ing stop it!" only to see her back in her position, rocking and laughing, looking up at me while grinning. In a voice that was not hers, I can only describe it as "insect-y", she said, "Katie isn't here." and kept laughing. By now, it had been about ten minutes, and this game was getting old. If this was a prank, she sure was keeping character, and for far too long. I looked at the girls and signaled over to the back porch. They both got the message and we ran outside. We sat there looking at her through the sliding glass doors for another ten to fifteen minutes. She didn't move aside from her rocking. By now, we couldn't hear her anymore and we were thankful. We engaged in small talk over a few cigarettes. Finally, Katie came outside to join us. She had the look of terror on her face. She looked like herself again, at least, her face wasn't bloated anymore, and her eyes looked normal. Her hair was still a mess. She said, "Why did you leave me in there by myself? You could have woken me up, I didn't mean to fall asleep." She also had some time lapse issues, thinking it was much earlier than it was.

Eventually all of us parted ways, but I didn't sleep a wink that night. I called her the next morning to check on her and to see if she would fess up about the prank. When she didn't, I let off her. She still swears that she has no idea what I'm talking about and even gets scared when I mention it. She thinks that I'm trying to frighten her on purpose and that I've made the whole thing up about what she did while she was "sleeping". That happened a year ago. She just got married last week. I was part of the bridal party. I tried to bring it up in a joking manner and she told me to just stop. She's still scared. I believe her when she says she doesn't remember what happened.

Wow...that must have been so scary to be there in person! Thanks for sharing that story Obsessive.

James, sure.

Hahah. Sounds like your friend Katie was possessed for awhile when she was "sleeping". They say the best time for getting possessed is when your "sleeping" or "drunk". I know some australian dudes that played the ouija board and everytime they did a friend who was "drunk" was possessed for a short while. He was rocking back and forth and talking some weird language. I think I saw a video one time on youtube too where a girl was rocking back and forth after she asked a 'spirit" to go inside of her. She kept grinning and her face looked scary but I don't know. She could have been faking it. I think I will find that video. Could be fake though..

James, sure.

Wow! Thanx for sharing that Obsessive. I think. That indeed sounded scary. It would be enough to put me off of Ouija boards forever. Actually, I tend to take heed of others mistakes in this regards, and don't want to ever have anything to do with them. The way I look at it, it's like inviting a stranger into your home with no idea of how to get rid of them. Only it can easily turn out to be a very negative and powerful stranger.

From a purely risk/benefit standpoint, I don't see how it could be worth it. Of course, there are those people who don't believe in anything other than what their senses tell them. Those are the ones who tend to get burned. There are more things on Heaven and Earth . . . .

FWIT, my belief is that there is more that is unseen than is seen.

James

Edited by JamesBe1

There will always be the question if she faked it or not, but she had no time to mangle her hair, and how would she change her eye color and bloat her face? Who knows. I've always heard the person who has experienced loss the mist recent is the most susceptible to possession, and her older brother had recently committed suicide. Very sad. If it was a prank, it's the best and longest surviving prank I've ever heard of. A bit longer than a year now.

Just a reminder to all. It is a pretty commonly held belief that when you speak a demons name, you give it power. I don't know if typing it and posting on the internet does anything, but I think somehow giving it any recognition give is power. Does that mean writing about it will make it jump out of your keyboard - certainly not. But I just think it is something to keep in mind.

I'm not trying to pour cold water on the discussion, but if you feel the need to bash me for it, please feel free :)

I'm not sure whether or not to believe that, but I guess there wouldn't be any harm in doing so. But tbh, it reminds me of Voldemort from Harry Potter. Lol. ^^

The ouija board is made by the same company that makes monopoly - Parker Brothers/Hasbro. Just wait until you get that community chest card that says "Go to hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200."

Seriously though, you can't conjure up demons and spirits using a novelty toy.

Using a Ouija board is a form of automatic writing, which has been around for much longer than Hasbro and/or Parker Brothers. The earliest mention of it so far is dated approximately 1100 C.E. and comes from China. Some think the ancient Greeks were using a similar method long before that. In the mid 1800s, Spiritualism became a craze across the U.S. and Europe, and the modern Ouija board was born around 1890. I'm not saying the Ouija board really works, just that to dismiss it as merely the product of a board game company is somewhat misleading.

• Like 1

Hi Obsessive,

Could you elaborate on the horrifying event you experienced??

It must have been a pretty bad experience to have put you off using a ouiga board since it happened