Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ZOZO the Ouija Board Demon

Zampano

Yeah because that's how a conversation/debate works.

I proposing the mainstream you making an outrageous claim, who has to prove me or you?

Do i have to prove that earth is a globe or you tat is flat?

Mainstream does NOT need to prove itself over and over again

Yeah and i call them all liars and that they clearly acting, all of them, a-l-l o-f t-h-e-m.

There are many videos which showing that ouija fails what's your comment about that?

I already posted one here

What's your opinion that they doing it wrong?

Of course it is, what do you expect from me; tobelieve every internet dude that is making ridiculous claims without any kind of proof?

Please.

And sorry to break your bubble but the ZoZo video with the possessed it's clearly an acting, i'm very sad that you don't have the will to accept it.

The girl(most of the time, the boy also does it) is clearly moving the object by applying force on it you can see her hands for f* sake.

The most obvious evidence is at 1:25->1:26 you can clearly see the boy pulling his fingers earlier than his should to move the object at O

And don't let me start about the editing and the 8mm effect on sound and picture.

I don't think anyone is trying to prove that the video is real. For all we now it could be real or it could be a reenactment of a Zozo encounter, but Zozo is real and I think you are definitely wrong about the 8mm part. :)

Sakari, created a thread in which he is begging for proof of ghost, demons, etc. He wanted everyone who experienced these entities to show him how to contact these entities. The guy Sakari had about 20 plus pages claiming that he has done everything everyone has asked him to do but still no ghost. He was called out many times by many people to show video proof of him trying to "get ghost". He adamantly refused to show any proof and claimed to have no access to a camera or web cam. Yet, if you check some of his other post he tells people that he videotapes weddings, events for a living. Hmm.. :innocent:

The point I'm trying to make is, people who claim that the ouija doesnt' work and they've had experience in it, never offer any proof of anything. Like you, they always want the others to prove that beyond a doubt that the ouija board does work. There are many videos of ouija boards working all over the internet. The problem with that is most people holler "FAKE" even before watching the 1st minute of it. There will never be enough evidence for hard core skeptics. The only evidence for people like you is personal evidence and since you seem to not want to see this evidence then to you ghost, invisible entities, etc.. will never be real. The only thing real to you is physical rational science.

Let me guess here, So every week there's a new thread here about Ouija board, not just here, many different sites. many people come in and say they've experienced paranormal or unexplainable stuff, some even say they experience these things often or at least more than once. Why don't they record themselves then?, don't they feel the need to get in on video even if they know something's going to happen and has happened to them repeatedly?, the videos we've seen are far from convincing. and a lot of people have used an Ouija board, including myself, nothing strange happened. It's easy to get one too, it's not some super obscure thing that's hard to find. And nobody ever gives a proper explanation as to why a board game that anyone can buy could act as a portal to the other dimension/spirit world or whatever.

I'm not even implying that ghosts/spirits aren't real, I don't see any reason why there's something special about the board that makes spirits and stuff.

A simple way to give a tremendous amount of credibility to the ouija board phenomenon is to have the participants use a board with randomised letters that they cannot see (blindfolded maybe?), and a separate observer to record the planchette movement.

While unsuccessful sessions can't disprove the theory of outside influence (as we all know, you cannot disprove a negative), a successful session will provide some very strong evidence to the theory of outside influence (or however you wish to term the phenomenon).

I don't think it is possible to completely prove the theory of outside influence since IMHO, since you cannot possibly identify and negate every method of cheating (conscious or unconscious). But at least you can demonstrate some very credible evidence.

Let me guess here, So every week there's a new thread here about Ouija board, not just here, many different sites. many people come in and say they've experienced paranormal or unexplainable stuff, some even say they experience these things often or at least more than once. Why don't they record themselves then?, don't they feel the need to get in on video even if they know something's going to happen and has happened to them repeatedly?, the videos we've seen are far from convincing.

Your last sentence kinda answers your own question, though.

How would we know if a video were real or not? Its so easy to fake a moving planchette, so easy to act scared or jumpy, even easy to rig something in the room moving, easy to fake 'possession'. Everything a ouiji board is reported to do can be faked on a video pretty easily.

Any real evidence that were posted would not be believed anyway and would be cited as a fake almost instantly; you know it would.

Im not saying that most of them probably aren't faked, since I believe a lot are. But honestly? I don't know how to tell the difference, genuinely. Do you?

What would someone need to get on film for you to believe and not instantly start trying to debunk it?

There are so many hoaxes out there that anyone who had a real experience on film would just be lumped in with them.

This isn't like hoaxed alien or bigfoot videos, where its slightly easier to tell a fake by the material the thing is made out of, the way it moves etc. Everything about a ouiji board experience is easy to fake on film, sadly. Im not sure what a video would need to have for you to believe it were genuine?

Your last sentence kinda answers your own question, though.

How would we know if a video were real or not? Its so easy to fake a moving planchette, so easy to act scared or jumpy, even easy to rig something in the room moving, easy to fake 'possession'. Everything a ouiji board is reported to do can be faked on a video pretty easily.

Any real evidence that were posted would not be believed anyway and would be cited as a fake almost instantly; you know it would.

Im not saying that most of them probably aren't faked, since I believe a lot are. But honestly? I don't know how to tell the difference, genuinely. Do you?

What would someone need to get on film for you to believe and not instantly start trying to debunk it?

There are so many hoaxes out there that anyone who had a real experience on film would just be lumped in with them.

This isn't like hoaxed alien or bigfoot videos, where its slightly easier to tell a fake by the material the thing is made out of, the way it moves etc. Everything about a ouiji board experience is easy to fake on film, sadly. Im not sure what a video would need to have for you to believe it were genuine?

What if all of those videos are fakes and Ouija board is just a silly board game?, people can spook themselves out for any reason and it doesn't have to be paranormal, others can lie about it and make up stories, and I don't mean to say spirits/ghosts don't exist. Just in this Ouija board case, I mean, It's just a board, dude.

To answer your question again, what would it take to convince me?, I don't know, It just seems absurd to me. I understand that maybe people can spook themselves with some of the answers they get but, windows clattering?, future predictions? warnings? what the heck?

I have yet to see any purported video of ouija board phenomenon which even comes close to being genuine, but well maybe JamesBe1's method would convince me.

Again, It goes back to the thing itself, It's just a board game, what's in that board that makes it special?, just why would people encounter spirits or demons through a board game? Any reasons?

Just saying that 'real' evidence will be lumped together with all the fake stuff, well that's not enough. More like an excuse. It's been said all the time.

That Zozo video was pretty creepy, until I found the user on facebook "ouijawarning" happens to be making a Zozo movie, so I image this 'footage' was put out there to drum up some interest, well done on that front! After reading all the posts and especially Layna's ultra-creepy story, and a little searching around the net I think there is something to this Zozo phenomenon, some have also said the board tries to get people to say a certain word and then their home seems to be haunted by something, supposedly the evil spirit I guess. But it's hard to say, I saw somewhere that Zozo stories go back as far as 1863, but it's hard to trace because the info all seems to trace back to few sources. Stories like Layna's I fully believe, having experienced similar (though not nearly as intense) personal events, and I wonder if Zozo someone's attempt to collect these stories and create a false history...remember playing Bloody Mary as a kid? Everyone seemed to have all these experiences or know people who'd seen her, maybe Zozo is Bloody Mary for adults

For me, i do believe some posts, Layna and Obsessive are both in my opinion posting events which i believe totally.

I know some people kinda jump on the bandwaggon. Some will post accounts they may have read somewhere else and change the odd bits then claim it as their own experience.

Others may exaggerate things to make it more dramatic.

Finally some just make the whole thing up.

I dont agree that people should be called liars. I feel that is just rude and if their account seems unlikely, any reply should be aimed at challenging the post.

Not the person who posted it.

Some people will not post their experiences if they think they are just going to be called liars.

This could prevent some totally honest accounts being posted.

So, i believe some posts, im not sure bout some posts and in my own opinion, i dont really believe others.

But, if i dont believe some, im not going to accuse the people and call them liars.

At the end of the day, something does happen to some people as a result of using a ouiga board.

For this reason alone, i feel using one may be dangerous. I wouldnt use one.

To answer your question again, what would it take to convince me?, I don't know, It just seems absurd to me.

Well, with all due respect, if you don't know what you need to see to be convinced, then whats the point in expecting or requesting a 'genuine' ouiji board video? Seems to me you've already made up your mind and I honestly don't think anything would convince you. And you seem to agree. Therefore, there could be as many 'genuine' videos as you want, but none of them will be good enough for you so expecting people who have had genuine experiences to upload them for your scrutiny is kinda silly if you're already convinced they're bogus.

I must add, I do believe ouiji boards cause odd experiences. I've had one, which may not be related to the board but seems an odd coincidence. But I don't claim to know how or why people have these experiences, just as I don't claim to know what ghosts are, but I certainly believe people see them. I also don't claim to believe every video or account I hear, but Im just saying......seems silly to be upset that there are no 'genuine' ouiji videos when you wouldn't believe them even if there were!

Well im a believer........in some posts :)

So come on Rat Girl, spill the beans

Please :)

My own experience? I've spoken about it on either this thread or another recent ouiji thread, can't remember which; the howling outside at the moment we did the board?

And I can't even say with certainty that it was related to the board, it could have just been some creepy junk that happened to occur just as we did the board.

But I've never had anything 'spelt' for me on the board, never had a 'conversation' with anyone on a board, and never really had much happen at all. But I still believe others have, and do.

You can not perform experiments on intelligent free willed agents who are intent on confounding the experiment. This is one of the reasons why double blind protocols exist. You have to fool the target of the experiment so they don't know they are being experimented on. This is not possible with the supernatural(that is, supernatural entities). So I honestly don't always understand these misguided attempts at creating experiments to elucidate the supernatural. The supernatural is not subject to the empirical method. This does not mean that the supernatural is not detectable. It is, it is just not subject to at-will experimentation.

Edited by OrdinaryClay

Oh right, sorry Rat Girl.

Yep i read that one, scary stuff if i remember rightly.

Did i mention i agreed with another member who suggested it may have been a banshee.

You can not perform experiments on intelligent free willed agents who are intent on confounding the experiment. This is one of the reasons why double blind protocols exist. You have to fool the target of the experiment so they don't know they are being experimented on. This is not possible with the supernatural(that is, supernatural entities). So I honestly don't always understand these misguided attempts at creating experiments to elucidate the supernatural. The supernatural is not subject to the empirical method. This does not mean that the supernatural is not detectable. It is, it is just not subject to at-will experimentation.

I agree that you cannot perform experiments on intelligent free willed agents who are intent on confounding the experiment. But that assumes that they actually intend on confounding the experiment. If their intentions are otherwise, then I think perhaps you may be able to perform experiments and gather evidence. I am not at all suggesting a double blind experiment, as that would include the cooperation of the 'intelligent free willed agents' as you call them. I don't think there is any real way to guarantee their cooperation. The only cooperation that you can guarantee is that of the human participants. My suggestion is merely an attempt to gather evidence, not proof.

Also, I take offence at the characterisation of my suggestion as a "misguided attempt". I find your attitude close minded and small.

I certainly agree that the supernatural is not subject to the empirical method. The supernatural operates under their own laws which we humans are trying to understand. One of the tools that we humans have available to us is the empirical method, and the multitude of variations thereof. Lacking better tools, I think we are better off using it (with the understanding of it's limitations in this area), than not using it.

If one were to actually gather intelligible responses when the ouija board character positions are unknown to the planchette operators, I think it certainly would provide evidence (not proof) of an outside influence. That is not to say that it would necessarily provide any evidence beyond their existence (intelligence, limits, etc.)

It would provide evidence of heretofor scientifically unrecognized phenomena, which in use, manifests apparently in order to prove the existence of discarnate entities. Anything past that is reading personal bias into it and about five steps too many assumptions.

Well, with all due respect, if you don't know what you need to see to be convinced, then whats the point in expecting or requesting a 'genuine' ouiji board video? Seems to me you've already made up your mind and I honestly don't think anything would convince you. And you seem to agree. Therefore, there could be as many 'genuine' videos as you want, but none of them will be good enough for you so expecting people who have had genuine experiences to upload them for your scrutiny is kinda silly if you're already convinced they're bogus.

I must add, I do believe ouiji boards cause odd experiences. I've had one, which may not be related to the board but seems an odd coincidence. But I don't claim to know how or why people have these experiences, just as I don't claim to know what ghosts are, but I certainly believe people see them. I also don't claim to believe every video or account I hear, but Im just saying......seems silly to be upset that there are no 'genuine' ouiji videos when you wouldn't believe them even if there were!

I haven't made my mind up at all, I expected you to say that, It's what skeptics get all the time. "We've already made our minds up". Nobody got upset here as well.

I've used an Ouija board myself, it's only a board game to me, nothing else.

I dont agree that people should be called liars. I feel that is just rude and if their account seems unlikely, any reply should be aimed at challenging the post.

Not the person who posted it.

Some people will not post their experiences if they think they are just going to be called liars.

This could prevent some totally honest accounts being posted.

So, i believe some posts, im not sure bout some posts and in my own opinion, i dont really believe others.

But, if i dont believe some, im not going to accuse the people and call them liars.

At the end of the day, something does happen to some people as a result of using a ouiga board.

For this reason alone, i feel using one may be dangerous. I wouldnt use one.

If your post was in reply to mine, No, I didn't call any particular person a liar here, I just said people can lie, and people do lie on the internet, and some people who may think their experience was paranormal may have misunderstood it, they may just be spooked out by something that doesn't need to be paranormal.

Then there's the coincidence part, someone starts using an Ouija board, three months later something bad happens to them, and the reason for this happening may be completely unrelated to the ouija board, and think "hey, may be it's the ouija board I used a few months ago", people look for reasons, try to connect dots.

I have used one, I don't think it's even remotely dangerous, It's based on my personal experiences with the board.

Overall what I find confounding is that these spirits, demons and host of other supernatural/paranormal entities seem to be unable to do anything with consistancy. By that I mean I have read so many stories of supposed contact, from subtle odors to outright attacks....it seems to me they haven't got their methodology down over the thousands of years of stories, this to me strenghens my disbelief and reinforces the idea that it is in the mind of the believer. If there were demons or spirits of the dead (should be billions of them by now) that wanted to communicate they'd have figured out a method that would be more consistant. Sort of like the whole Jesus or Mary appearing on a grilled cheese....seems, I don't know, cheesy (no pun intended). JMO if that made sense :)

Overall what I find confounding is that these spirits, demons and host of other supernatural/paranormal entities seem to be unable to do anything with consistancy. By that I mean I have read so many stories of supposed contact, from subtle odors to outright attacks....it seems to me they haven't got their methodology down over the thousands of years of stories, this to me strenghens my disbelief and reinforces the idea that it is in the mind of the believer. If there were demons or spirits of the dead (should be billions of them by now) that wanted to communicate they'd have figured out a method that would be more consistant. Sort of like the whole Jesus or Mary appearing on a grilled cheese....seems, I don't know, cheesy (no pun intended). JMO if that made sense :)

It makes sense, but for me, that is why the zozo phenomonon is so fascinating -- because there are certain consistancies.

I have been reading the posts here on the Zozo topic and as always it remains controversial. I have been researching the phenomena for years and am very convinced that something paranormal is going on. In the early eighties we used a double sided board that had "Zozo" inscribed at the top. It had candle wax dripping spilled into grooves and was very eroded. Obviously it was handcrafted by someone who was into the occult, and the fact that it had Zozo engraved into the "dark" side of the board led me to believe that someone had prior knowledge of this entity. The board was found underneath a house and also had old lightning jars circling it that had preserved blackbirds inside. On the outside of the jars was a chalky white greasy substance that had to be rubbed away to see inside these jars. There was definitely activity going on in this house even before the strange ouija board was found.

The other side of this board was a standard William Fuld ouija we dated back to the 30's, real wood, large with the shaved corners. The board itself was very heavy, and ominous. We were teenagers and were told to leave it alone, but we know how that goes. We were reluctant to use the dark side (as we called it) for one reason it would spell out things like "come to the other side." Often the planchette would scoot off the board and zip back and actually scoot the board off of the table....many times landing dark side up. The planchette intensity was really intense. It would go backwards thru the alphabet and numbers, and do tight spirals and would do the figure eight movement for a very long time. Often it would dart out of this figure eight pattern to spell out a phrase and then zoom back into the figure eight formation with stunning force and accuracy. We would always have to have someone standing over us to record the conversations with this thing because it moved so quickly we would quickly lose track of what it was saying. It liked to lead the conversations, and Zozo was very intelligent and deceiving.

I became addicted to having sessions with Zozo quickly for several reasons. It said I was "chosen" and I was able to reveal knowledge to viewers in regards to information such as dates of birth, middle names etc. It wasn't always correct, but many times the information we channeled was accurate. For instance one time we asked it who my friend would marry, it immediately spelled a female name. I then asked it to give us a phone number which it did. I called the number and a woman's voice answered. I asked who I was speaking to and amazingly she said the same name as was given to us moments earlier. This type of activity became the norm and I pushed the boundaries by asking it to show itself and cause things to happen. If you didn't believe in these types of things I was the guy who would bring it over to your house and have a lengthy session and on several occasions I turned skeptics into believers. Another time we took it to someones home who was very skeptical. It was late at night and all the board would spell out was WINDOW. We kept looking out the living room window and saw nothing. We were about to close the session when the home owner went to her kitchen to get everyone beverages when she screamed. She came into the living room scared out of her wits saying she saw a man staring into the window at her. My friend and I bolted out the door and saw a tall bald man running down the street. This was in a neighborhood in downtown Tulsa and we chased this guy for a few blocks down an alley and to a building where some police cars were parked. Unknown to us this building was a home for the mentally challenged. This creepy looking guy had escaped and the cops were there filling out a report. The guy had evidently left without permission in the past and would always come back, but the creepy thing is when we told the police what had happened one of the officers went in to verify our story. He came back about 10 minutes later with a smile on his face. The officer told us that when he asked the guy why he was peeping in our window his reply was "The devil made him do it."

Thru the years no matter what board I used or what state I was in it would always be Zozo. I become reclusive and numb to all the weirdness around me. The entity would ask us to repeat strange words, which we did and it became dark and obsessive. The entity was always making sexually explicit remarks towards any females that were present, and would embarrass them by revealing such things as like when they were menstruating. It would usually say something about taking them to paradise and when we asked where paradise was it would spell H.E.L.L. It claimed to be a king of demons, and told my friend Randy he would die in a car wreck....at night....all alone. Less than a year later he wrecked his SUV on a dangerous turn on Wekiowa road in SandSprings Oklahoma....at night....all alone.

In the early nineties I had a nervous breakdown after I began to believe demons were following me in human form. The Zozo entity became vile and hostile towards me and told me it would never leave. And although the sessions became dark and full of threats I kept coming back. I knew better, but I was compelled to using it not unlike a drug. Sometimes Zozo would pretend to be a nice spirit, and keep us going until it would revert back to Zozo, and taunt us with a very advanced vocabulary. It abbreviated words and used shortcuts not unlike today's modern text messaging. things came to a boiling point when my little 3 year old girl became violently ill after Zozo said it was going to give her an "Iron Tongue." The day after this warning she almost drowned in the bathtub when somehow the water got turned on while her mother went to answer the phone. I come into the bathroom and she barely had her nose sticking out of the water. Then later that night she developed a high fever. We took her to the emergency room in Midwest City and she was diagnosed with Mrysa. We were quarantined for 2 weeks in this hospital room, and the sickness caused her mouth to swell profusely and her tongue to grotesquely hang from her mouth. I cried for days on end watching helplessly as my beautiful daughter endured a barrage of testing, IV's, prodding and suffering.

Upon admittance I called my pastor to come pray for my daughter. There were a few nurses and doctors in the triage room when brother Patterson showed up and began to pray out loud. I had told him what the ouija said and he yelled out "Let there be no unclean spirit, or parasite take hold of this child." Just as he said this a nurse who was examining my daughter located an engorged tick on the nape of her neck. The looks on everyone's faces during this was one of awe. The Pastor continued praying feverishly, and eventually she recovered after the final and last antibiotic took effect.

I fully realize my ramblings sound beyond far fetched but these events happened to me and those around me. I lost my wife, alot of my friends, and when I began to notice other people were having experiences with Zozo on ouija boards I knew i wasn't crazy. The first accounts began to show up in the late 90's. I started a blog to collect the stories in May of 2009. Since then I have had scores of Zozo encounters sent to me via the website and in personal emails. I honestly never anticipated the controversy it would create. I began to research the name itself and the numerology. I discovered that in the dictionarrie infernal written in various editions in the 19th century by Colin D'Plancy that Zozo is the name of a demon that was involved in a possession of a young girl in 1816. Along with the entities Mimi, and Caprolet, made the girl crawl around on all fours and bark like a dog. Interestingly stories of Mimi surfacing on Ouija boards are found on the internet.

When the Atbash cipher is applied to the name Zozo a demonic name is translated. Zozo becomes "Alal" in Assyrian demonology and is referenced as "demons of destruction." When the Ceasar Shift decipher is applied another demonic name is found: "Apap." This is an Egyptian serpent of evil and is called a devourer of souls. Simply coincidence? I found a reference to the name Zozo in an old Greek book written in 1906. It claims the name Zozo is a a nickname for the demon Pazuzu. Also strange that Sozo is a greek word found in the bible meaning "Salvation." "Sozo" churches are springing up across the States. Other odd definitions are found such as the vulgar Hatian term for "penis." Also the Basque definition is "blackbird or crow." The Zozo people of Burma, the cult of Zotz, and other strange connections become noticeable. Check out Jake Kotz's blog "Rant in Z minor" for the synchromystical observations with what is called the Oz/Zo relationship.

I know this is a lengthy read, and yes I was contacted by an independent film company to appear as myself in a horror movie about the Zozo Phenomena. Strange events occurred during the filming at a huge Masonic temple in Desmoines Iowa where my scenes were shot. I continue to receive emails from people who run across Zozo in ouija sessions. Also Zaza, Zam, and other Z named entities are being experienced. While they may appear omnicient, I am starting to think that other entities are using these names to trick participants and cause fear. and Im sure the ideomotor effect may be partly responsible for some of these experiences, in many instances people google the word Zozo after it surfaces and then find my site. Site trackers record visits from The Vatican, Red Square, lots of government activity from all over the world. Universities, and loads of weird visits from remote locations.

One thing I can attest to is this is not some viral campaign by me to create an urban legend, although i can see why people would believe so. I have seen incredible things from Ouija sessions, and my early intent was to simply collect the Zozo stories found on the internet together in an area where they can be referenced. Too many people have experienced it to be dismissed as overactive imaginations or some natural psychological phenomena. I have noticed quite a few tricksters fabricating Zozo evidence in videos and recordings and this is to be expected. I'd have a hard time believing all this myself if I hadn't gone through it myself. Thank you for allowing me the room to ramble.

Darren Evans

Hi Darren, thank you that was very interesting, just a question: do u still have strange experiences with zozo, and do u or did u ever have 'haunted house' activity?

Hi Darren, thank you that was very interesting, just a question: do u still have strange experiences with zozo, and do u or did u ever have 'haunted house' activity?

Outlaw everything has been normal for a few years but I don't mess with Ouija boards any longer for obvious reasons. I do however still conduct research and I follow this stuff pretty closely. The entity followed me to many houses in which i resided causing shadows, objects would move in strange ways, and this happened even though I was not using the Ouija. One time I heard a wicked laughter which seemed to emanate from thin air right before our faces. It scared the crap out of my girlfriend and I. But I am happy that things have quieted down for me.

John Zaffis has gone on record to say he has heard the name Zozo pop up time and time again in his years of paranormal investigating. Last year he said he investigated three separate Zozo cases from Ouija boards all involving young women. In a few months Rosemary Ellen Guiley will release her spirit communication book in which i provided her some information on Zozo. It will be interesting to read her interpretation of the data on this phenomena.

I have been reading the posts here on the Zozo topic and as always it remains controversial. I have been researching the phenomena for years and am very convinced that something paranormal is going on. In the early eighties we used a double sided board that had "Zozo" inscribed at the top. It had candle wax dripping spilled into grooves and was very eroded. Obviously it was handcrafted by someone who was into the occult, and the fact that it had Zozo engraved into the "dark" side of the board led me to believe that someone had prior knowledge of this entity. The board was found underneath a house and also had old lightning jars circling it that had preserved blackbirds inside. On the outside of the jars was a chalky white greasy substance that had to be rubbed away to see inside these jars. There was definitely activity going on in this house even before the strange ouija board was found.

The other side of this board was a standard William Fuld ouija we dated back to the 30's, real wood, large with the shaved corners. The board itself was very heavy, and ominous. We were teenagers and were told to leave it alone, but we know how that goes. We were reluctant to use the dark side (as we called it) for one reason it would spell out things like "come to the other side." Often the planchette would scoot off the board and zip back and actually scoot the board off of the table....many times landing dark side up. The planchette intensity was really intense. It would go backwards thru the alphabet and numbers, and do tight spirals and would do the figure eight movement for a very long time. Often it would dart out of this figure eight pattern to spell out a phrase and then zoom back into the figure eight formation with stunning force and accuracy. We would always have to have someone standing over us to record the conversations with this thing because it moved so quickly we would quickly lose track of what it was saying. It liked to lead the conversations, and Zozo was very intelligent and deceiving.

I became addicted to having sessions with Zozo quickly for several reasons. It said I was "chosen" and I was able to reveal knowledge to viewers in regards to information such as dates of birth, middle names etc. It wasn't always correct, but many times the information we channeled was accurate. For instance one time we asked it who my friend would marry, it immediately spelled a female name. I then asked it to give us a phone number which it did. I called the number and a woman's voice answered. I asked who I was speaking to and amazingly she said the same name as was given to us moments earlier. This type of activity became the norm and I pushed the boundaries by asking it to show itself and cause things to happen. If you didn't believe in these types of things I was the guy who would bring it over to your house and have a lengthy session and on several occasions I turned skeptics into believers. Another time we took it to someones home who was very skeptical. It was late at night and all the board would spell out was WINDOW. We kept looking out the living room window and saw nothing. We were about to close the session when the home owner went to her kitchen to get everyone beverages when she screamed. She came into the living room scared out of her wits saying she saw a man staring into the window at her. My friend and I bolted out the door and saw a tall bald man running down the street. This was in a neighborhood in downtown Tulsa and we chased this guy for a few blocks down an alley and to a building where some police cars were parked. Unknown to us this building was a home for the mentally challenged. This creepy looking guy had escaped and the cops were there filling out a report. The guy had evidently left without permission in the past and would always come back, but the creepy thing is when we told the police what had happened one of the officers went in to verify our story. He came back about 10 minutes later with a smile on his face. The officer told us that when he asked the guy why he was peeping in our window his reply was "The devil made him do it."

Thru the years no matter what board I used or what state I was in it would always be Zozo. I become reclusive and numb to all the weirdness around me. The entity would ask us to repeat strange words, which we did and it became dark and obsessive. The entity was always making sexually explicit remarks towards any females that were present, and would embarrass them by revealing such things as like when they were menstruating. It would usually say something about taking them to paradise and when we asked where paradise was it would spell H.E.L.L. It claimed to be a king of demons, and told my friend Randy he would die in a car wreck....at night....all alone. Less than a year later he wrecked his SUV on a dangerous turn on Wekiowa road in SandSprings Oklahoma....at night....all alone.

In the early nineties I had a nervous breakdown after I began to believe demons were following me in human form. The Zozo entity became vile and hostile towards me and told me it would never leave. And although the sessions became dark and full of threats I kept coming back. I knew better, but I was compelled to using it not unlike a drug. Sometimes Zozo would pretend to be a nice spirit, and keep us going until it would revert back to Zozo, and taunt us with a very advanced vocabulary. It abbreviated words and used shortcuts not unlike today's modern text messaging. things came to a boiling point when my little 3 year old girl became violently ill after Zozo said it was going to give her an "Iron Tongue." The day after this warning she almost drowned in the bathtub when somehow the water got turned on while her mother went to answer the phone. I come into the bathroom and she barely had her nose sticking out of the water. Then later that night she developed a high fever. We took her to the emergency room in Midwest City and she was diagnosed with Mrysa. We were quarantined for 2 weeks in this hospital room, and the sickness caused her mouth to swell profusely and her tongue to grotesquely hang from her mouth. I cried for days on end watching helplessly as my beautiful daughter endured a barrage of testing, IV's, prodding and suffering.

Upon admittance I called my pastor to come pray for my daughter. There were a few nurses and doctors in the triage room when brother Patterson showed up and began to pray out loud. I had told him what the ouija said and he yelled out "Let there be no unclean spirit, or parasite take hold of this child." Just as he said this a nurse who was examining my daughter located an engorged tick on the nape of her neck. The looks on everyone's faces during this was one of awe. The Pastor continued praying feverishly, and eventually she recovered after the final and last antibiotic took effect.

I fully realize my ramblings sound beyond far fetched but these events happened to me and those around me. I lost my wife, alot of my friends, and when I began to notice other people were having experiences with Zozo on ouija boards I knew i wasn't crazy. The first accounts began to show up in the late 90's. I started a blog to collect the stories in May of 2009. Since then I have had scores of Zozo encounters sent to me via the website and in personal emails. I honestly never anticipated the controversy it would create. I began to research the name itself and the numerology. I discovered that in the dictionarrie infernal written in various editions in the 19th century by Colin D'Plancy that Zozo is the name of a demon that was involved in a possession of a young girl in 1816. Along with the entities Mimi, and Caprolet, made the girl crawl around on all fours and bark like a dog. Interestingly stories of Mimi surfacing on Ouija boards are found on the internet.

When the Atbash cipher is applied to the name Zozo a demonic name is translated. Zozo becomes "Alal" in Assyrian demonology and is referenced as "demons of destruction." When the Ceasar Shift decipher is applied another demonic name is found: "Apap." This is an Egyptian serpent of evil and is called a devourer of souls. Simply coincidence? I found a reference to the name Zozo in an old Greek book written in 1906. It claims the name Zozo is a a nickname for the demon Pazuzu. Also strange that Sozo is a greek word found in the bible meaning "Salvation." "Sozo" churches are springing up across the States. Other odd definitions are found such as the vulgar Hatian term for "penis." Also the Basque definition is "blackbird or crow." The Zozo people of Burma, the cult of Zotz, and other strange connections become noticeable. Check out Jake Kotz's blog "Rant in Z minor" for the synchromystical observations with what is called the Oz/Zo relationship.

I know this is a lengthy read, and yes I was contacted by an independent film company to appear as myself in a horror movie about the Zozo Phenomena. Strange events occurred during the filming at a huge Masonic temple in Desmoines Iowa where my scenes were shot. I continue to receive emails from people who run across Zozo in ouija sessions. Also Zaza, Zam, and other Z named entities are being experienced. While they may appear omnicient, I am starting to think that other entities are using these names to trick participants and cause fear. and Im sure the ideomotor effect may be partly responsible for some of these experiences, in many instances people google the word Zozo after it surfaces and then find my site. Site trackers record visits from The Vatican, Red Square, lots of government activity from all over the world. Universities, and loads of weird visits from remote locations.

One thing I can attest to is this is not some viral campaign by me to create an urban legend, although i can see why people would believe so. I have seen incredible things from Ouija sessions, and my early intent was to simply collect the Zozo stories found on the internet together in an area where they can be referenced. Too many people have experienced it to be dismissed as overactive imaginations or some natural psychological phenomena. I have noticed quite a few tricksters fabricating Zozo evidence in videos and recordings and this is to be expected. I'd have a hard time believing all this myself if I hadn't gone through it myself. Thank you for allowing me the room to ramble.

Darren Evans

Hi Darren. I've actually heard of you and have read a blog from you about this experience. I'm curious, however, if there is any proof of this car accident that happened? I've googled and searched Oklahoma news websites and can't find anything on it.

I'm also from Oklahoma and Tulsa isn't too far from here. Was this board found in a Tulsa home? This intrigues me.

Hi Darren, thanks a lot for sharing your story. I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences with the ouija board. All I can say is I've heard enough stories like yours to make me definitely not want to mess with something so potentially dangerous. I simply fail to see where any benefit would outweigh the risk. So, in a way, sharing your story has a positive effect in that it may dissuade someone from playing (they are not really playing, but that's what most think that they are doing when they start out) with one.

On a lighter note, halfway through reading your story, I heard footsteps downstairs in the kitchen. No one should be home at this time of day but myself. It seriously creeped me out. I went to check it out and found that my wife had decided to come home early from work. What timing!

So whatever happened to the ouija board that you found? Was there a planchette with it or did you get one somewhere else? Did you ever find out more about its origins? Sorry to pry. If you don't feel like answering, please feel free to ignore any or all questions.

James

Hi Darren. I've actually heard of you and have read a blog from you about this experience. I'm curious, however, if there is any proof of this car accident that happened? I've googled and searched Oklahoma news websites and can't find anything on it.

I'm also from Oklahoma and Tulsa isn't too far from here. Was this board found in a Tulsa home? This intrigues me.

Proof? I made him a facebook tribute, his son is on there Chance. Also here is a link....http://newsok.com/three-die-in-two-wrecks/article/1867287

The board was found near SandSprings just West of Tulsa.