Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman who can't stop eating her late husbands

Still Waters

We've met the lady who eats dryer cloths, the teddy bear mother and the woman with 24-inch nails. There was even an adult baby who sleeps in a cot and wears diapers.

TLC's reality TV show, My Strange Addiction, takes a look into the less-than-orthodox compulsive habits of some interesting characters.And, true to form, it has delivered some colourful tales in its second series run.

Saving the best for last, the series finale, last night, featured a woman who is so close to the memory of her late husband that she eats his ashes.

26-year-old Casie, who was widowed just two months before filming the show, is unable to stop herself from dipping her finger into her husband's urn of ashes and taking a lick of the grey dust.

She says she first tasted the remains of her husband, Shawn, when she transferred the ashes from a temporary cardboard box into a special memorial urn.

'Some of it spilled out on my hands. I didn't want to just wipe him away, so I just licked it off my fingers.

'And here I am today, almost two months later and I can't stop.'

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen of Annoy

• aNoNymOus XO

• Lilly

• MaTrIxLike

So, she’s sure it’s her husband only, not a sprinkle of someone else and a bit of coffin too?

Ah, well, everything was sterilized. Never mind.

I actually understand her, I couldn’t just dust my husband off either. But I’m sure he wouldn’t want me to dip my finger into his ashes... wait... I’ll go and ask him.

A-ha. He was touched with the “I couldn’t just dust you off part” but he definitely wouldn’t like me to poke his ashes.

no no no, this woman needs help on more accounts of just eating the ashes but taking them everywhere she goes.

Nah, he wasn’t roasted, but pulverized. It’s not cannibalism if you can’t tell it was human. That’s my definition and yes, I just made it up.

My wife would never do that. Instead she would dig a small hole intended for my ashes to go into. Then she would place my ashes about 50 yards from the hole, get a running start and WHAM!!! She would kick me right in the ash-hole. :D

My wife would never do that. Instead she would dig a small hole intended for my ashes to go into. Then she would place my ashes about 50 yards from the hole, get a running start and WHAM!!! She would kick me right in the ash-hole. :D

:w00t: Good one Biff :tu:

I often wondered why some people feel the need to broadcast their personal problems on T.V.

for all the world to see. I never understood that. What I think these people should do is

recognize and understand that they have a serious problem and seek therapy. This way people

won't laugh at them and give them funny looks when they walk down the street.

Edited by Robert1

I often wondered why some people feel the need to broadcast their personal problems on T.V.

for all the world to see. I never understood that. What I think these people should do is

recognize and understand that they have a serious problem and seek therapy. This way people

won't laugh at them and give them funny looks when they walk down the street.

Most likely for a large sum of cash $$$$

I have to agree , for money or not why would you want to tell the world about this ?

I kind of feel sorry for her but on the other hand find it weird .

TiP.

Nah, he wasn't roasted, but pulverized. It's not cannibalism if you can't tell it was human. That's my definition and yes, I just made it up.

lol helen!!! again, this is why your the best. lol. my boyfriend said the same thing your hubby said. lol

Most of all what Robert said.

I never understood the appeal of keeping a dead person's ashes at all. What's the point?

This woman probably needs some grief counseling.

Love it! :lol:

i've seen some prety fu**ed up stuff in my time but this...WOW

No, this would not constitute Cannibalism, simply because when you are cremated, everything burns away and your bones are what turns to ash.

Yes, it is an odd addiction, but I think it is merely psychological.

lol @ googler. i agree that it is a bit strange but what i am wondering is why hasnt she gotten sick yet? there has to be some type of adverse reaction to eating that, right?

Maybe she felt sexually aroused by doing that.. eating his ashes make here feel like she's having skin to skin contact with here husband.. similar to **********..

One good thing about this TV show - I feel very normal after watching it..^_^

Maybe she felt sexually aroused by doing that.. eating his ashes make here feel like she's having skin to skin contact with here husband.. similar to **********..

She's eating it, not bathing in it.

I feel sorry for her. Strange. Normally, I'd call somebody like this a looney, but I really feel sorry for her. :unsure2:

I wonder whether she knows that the largest part of the ashes is actually from the coffin her hubby got cremated in? And I also wonder like Taut does, what she'd do once the ashes have all been eaten?

I actually think there's a solution for both of her problems...

Did you know that you can actually have a diamond made out of the remains of someone? She could have this done and set it in a ring that she could always wear, that way her hubby's remains would always be with her, and she wouldn't be able to eat the ashes anymore...

It is so sad that this woman has been put on a television programme. Has anyone bothered to get her to a therapist? She needs help immediately.

Edit: I see in the article it does say that she is being given counselling. Let's all hope that she can come to terms with the death of her partner. Otherwise, she will probably want to make friends with that woman who eats soap.

Edited by Sevenof Seven