Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My First Ouija Session.

Rosie_S

I was just having a look on the Paranormal thread when I saw a thread about Zozo the Ouija Demon and began to read. The last part of a strange tale that happened to me last year gained a whole lot more significance, and realised how close I got to extreme paranormal danger.

Last year, I was with my friend alone in her desolate country house. I told her about Ouija boards, as I was very into ghosts and so on at that point, and we decided to have a go at making one. While she made lunch, I made a scrappy Ouija board out of a pizza box and Sharpie. We went to her room to use it. We didn't believe it at all at first, and insisted it was the other moving it as usually happens.

We talked to a girl named Mary who seemed to be about 6-7, and just kept talking about her mummy who she wanted. She kept saying 'mummy went in winter', 'it was so cold' and 'i feel really sick'. Eventually we had to go and take her dog for a walk, and had to leave the board. Mary was very distressed at this, and just moved the pointer to 'mummummummummum' until we has to move the pointer to goodbye.

When we got back, we decided to do this again as it had been very interesting. We talked to a boy, who told us about how he begged for a living and then left. After a short break, we talked to Sarah. We talked to her for three hours, about every intricacy of her life. From her three pet cows (Daisy, Buttercup and Rose) who lived with her on her farm in Middleton, a place we had never even heard of. She told us how she loved to swim in the river. She told us how her dad had died in WWII. She said that her mother, her sister and her had perished in a bomb, along with Daisy, Buttercup and Rose. When we asked her about friends, she would not reply and moved the pointer to the moon. (After we finished with the board, we looked up Middleton. It's set on a river. We also accessed Ancestry.co.uk records, and it gave us the name of her dad - the year he had died in - in battle according to the website - was the same as the year Sarah gave us.)

About three hours into our talk with Sarah, she suddenly moved the pointer to say 'Shhh, evil'. We were instantly on edge, as two then-thirteen year old girls being told to be quiet due to an evil presence would naturally be terrified :P suddenly Sarah said 'go now now now now now' and moved the pointer between the N, O and W for about five seconds very rapidly. Then we tried to close the board, but before we could the pointer shifted to Z, then O slowly. Then faster, and faster and faster. I had heard nothing of 'Zozo' and simply had read that if it went between two letters quickly it could open a portal for demons to come through. I immediately forced the pointed to goodbye and buried the board outside in the rapidly darkening garden. I wonder now what would have happened if we had stuck with our conversation, and talked to Zozo. Any thoughts?

(I just remembered that I set up a stand and videoed this on my old phone, I'll try and find out if I can get the video onto here)

Edited by Rosie_S

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosie_S

• Paranormalcy

• ThePhantomFlanFlinger

• portraitartist

I was just having a look on the Paranormal thread when I saw a thread about Zozo the Ouija Demon and began to read. The last part of a strange tale that happened to me last year gained a whole lot more significance, and realised how close I got to extreme paranormal danger.

Last year, I was with my friend alone in her desolate country house. I told her about Ouija boards, as I was very into ghosts and so on at that point, and we decided to have a go at making one. While she made lunch, I made a scrappy Ouija board out of a pizza box and Sharpie. We went to her room to use it. We didn't believe it at all at first, and insisted it was the other moving it as usually happens.

We talked to a girl named Mary who seemed to be about 6-7, and just kept talking about her mummy who she wanted. She kept saying 'mummy went in winter', 'it was so cold' and 'i feel really sick'. Eventually we had to go and take her dog for a walk, and had to leave the board. Mary was very distressed at this, and just moved the pointer to 'mummummummummum' until we has to move the pointer to goodbye.

When we got back, we decided to do this again as it had been very interesting. We talked to a boy, who told us about how he begged for a living and then left. After a short break, we talked to Sarah. We talked to her for three hours, about every intricacy of her life. From her three pet cows (Daisy, Buttercup and Rose) who lived with her on her farm in Middleton, a place we had never even heard of. She told us how she loved to swim in the river. She told us how her dad had died in WWII. She said that her mother, her sister and her had perished in a bomb, along with Daisy, Buttercup and Rose. When we asked her about friends, she would not reply and moved the pointer to the moon. (After we finished with the board, we looked up Middleton. It's set on a river. We also accessed Ancestry.co.uk records, and it gave us the name of her dad - the year he had died in - in battle according to the website - was the same as the year Sarah gave us.)

About three hours into our talk with Sarah, she suddenly moved the pointer to say 'Shhh, evil'. We were instantly on edge, as two then-thirteen year old girls being told to be quiet due to an evil presence would naturally be terrified :P suddenly Sarah said 'go now now now now now' and moved the pointer between the N, O and W for about five seconds very rapidly. Then we tried to close the board, but before we could the pointer shifted to Z, then O slowly. Then faster, and faster and faster. I had heard nothing of 'Zozo' and simply had read that if it went between two letters quickly it could open a portal for demons to come through. I immediately forced the pointed to goodbye and buried the board outside in the rapidly darkening garden. I wonder now what would have happened if we had stuck with our conversation, and talked to Zozo. Any thoughts?

(I just remembered that I set up a stand and videoed this on my old phone, I'll try and find out if I can get the video onto here)

Scary!!!So glad you said goodbye and buried the board!!Probably a Very good idea!!! :o

I am not afraid of very many things, however, if you set $10,000.00 in cash in front of me to play with one of those, I would not take it. One time was enough for a lifetime.

I am not afraid of very many things, however, if you set $10,000.00 in cash in front of me to play with one of those, I would not take it. One time was enough for a lifetime.

One time? What happened? If you don't mind me asking x

Which Middleton was it if you dont mind me asking.....Teesdale or Manchester?

One time? What happened? If you don't mind me asking x

I was about 21 and working in this new group home. The leader was a lady real into psychic stuff, that I had never been exposed to. She took a keen interest in me and was alwaus wanting to read my cards or do the Q board. I relented and she put the board between us and told me how to put my fingers gently on it. Well, I just barely touched the thing, and I mean barely and it jerked up in the air and flew across the room....

A couple days later I was on a midnight shift and everyone was asleep and I dozed off. Just then the room turned ICY cold and I was scared and breathing fast and I could see my breath! Like it was freezing in there. I prayed and walked around and it went away as fast as it came.

About a week later two of my friends had been doing the board with her and that night when they were sleeping in one of the rooms the bed lifted off the floor and went up to the ceiling with them in it.

I resigned and it stopped for me. I think there are some things that are doorways to places we don't belong and I ain't gonna test my faith ever again like that.

Which Middleton was it if you dont mind me asking.....Teesdale or Manchester?

Well, Sarah never said (as we had never even heard of it before, we felt no reason to ask her where it was) but a quick Googling of the name gave us Middleton in Manchester which is situated on a river which fitted with the story. If I'm honest, I didn't even know there was one in Teesdale :P

Well, Sarah never said (as we had never even heard of it before, we felt no reason to ask her where it was) but a quick Googling of the name gave us Middleton in Manchester which is situated on a river which fitted with the story. If I'm honest, I didn't even know there was one in Teesdale :P

Yeah Teesdale is on a river too but its a bit further out......im near that one so thats why i wondered...never mind...thanks anyway and good luck...

Yeah Teesdale is on a river too but its a bit further out......im near that one so thats why i wondered...never mind...thanks anyway and good luck...

Ah, I see. Well, we never even thought of the possibility that there might be another Middleton so it's quite possible that it might be the one in Teesdale. Is Teesdale quite rural? As Sarah told us about her farm.

I think your story is very interesting...

and you offer a reason why the "demon" would call itself "ZOZO"... a name that the more obnoxious skeptics (I am somewhat skeptical, but try not to be obnoxious about it) are having quite a bit of fun with on the other thread... it would be to get the planchette to move back in forth in a wide enough arc to presumably open this "portal"...

As stated, I am fairly skeptical and fond of doing my own experiments, but not enough to actually test this theory out! :geek:

I also think... for some of those who like to be "testers"... if you really have no fear at all of the demon coming into this plane, it may not be able to. According to what most believers say about demons, they feed upon fear.

The demon's name is actually "Pazuzu", and it is a very wicked an malicious demon. He used to be believed as being the demon whom caused harm to a mother and child during childbirth. In the 1977 movie "The Exorcist", he is one of the daemons who is said to have possessed the main character. However, it is believed that he occasionally protected humans, driving away plagues and other evil spirits.

It is a good thing you did what you did, otherwise it could have been nasty.

Some information on Pazuzu can be found below.

http://www.archaeowiki.org/Pazuzu

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/sp_pazuzu.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu

Edited by Alienated Being

Very interesting... I am very glad you said goodbye because that demon could harm you. Lot's of Luck! :yes: Have you ever had a paranormal experience when you where little?

"Zozo" is a nonsense word like "Ouija" itself, conjured up by the board itself, and has gained steam due to the internet, becoming a global "meme" for lack of a better word (because I'm more concerned with the point of my post and not the semantics). It's the same concept as people seeing ghosts of, or for that matter, getting past life memories or even Ouija contacts with Elvis, or Cleopatra or whatever else. These are sort of a "collective unconscious" archetype that is in the public and cultural subconscious.

"Zozo" is a nonsense word like "Ouija" itself, conjured up by the board itself, and has gained steam due to the internet, becoming a global "meme" for lack of a better word (because I'm more concerned with the point of my post and not the semantics). It's the same concept as people seeing ghosts of, or for that matter, getting past life memories or even Ouija contacts with Elvis, or Cleopatra or whatever else. These are sort of a "collective unconscious" archetype that is in the public and cultural subconscious.

Do you have evidence for such a thing as a "cultural subconscious"? If all you are saying is that people have common knowledge then there is no reason to use any other phrase then simply that we all have the same knowledge similar to the general menu at McDonald's being common knowledge. There is no evidence of anything such as a cultural subconscious existing.

That said, your claim above is the same as saying that everyone who spells out these words in their ouija sessions already know about these words. Maybe, but that is not what I hear people saying. Your's is a large claim.

You are correct, I suppose I did overstate the situation. It is a matter of common knowledge then, though my meaning does have a slightly deeper context, as I do believe there is an identifiable manifestation of this type of "cultural subconscious", such as when aliens/UFOs were huge in the 90s, and then paranormal shows in general, and for that matter, the idea of alien abduction, and abductees having similar experiences and the "visitors" having the same appearance - some people allegedly had no interest in the subject, yet their reports matched those of others, which should have been virtually impossible. But that is an entirely different subject.

The exception, to me, is the peripheral observation we all do, where we may not consciously internalize everything he see and hear, but it doesn't mean it is NOT internalized. That was my meaning when I said "cultural subconscious" - not some nebulous psychic "akashic record" or some such (though I don't full discount the possibility), but a peripheral and unrealized knowledge of things we know ... that we don't know we know. And THEN you can add the "common knowledge" line and my full meaning is complete. As for proof, I admit ignorance, as I don't know the validity of the idea of the collective unconscious in today's sociology or psychology in general, though I do know the idea of peripheral unconscious processing of data has been the subject of many examples given in psychology-related articles and works I've read.

That said, your claim above is the same as saying that everyone who spells out these words in their ouija sessions already know about these words. Maybe, but that is not what I hear people saying. Your's is a large claim.

What do you hear people saying then? Because that is the brunt of my conclusion, and I do not believe that saying that the information received by people using a board is information either created by them out of whole cloth, or previously known to them, is a very large claim - it is a pretty short trail to follow from observation to hypothesis. The chances of someone getting "Zozo" on a board, and not having previously heard of it, read it or come across it, even by word of mouth, in this day and age, of the internet and mass media at your fingertips instantly, on your cell phone, is essentially nil, and I need no scientific data to back that up any more than one needs it to back up "objects fall toward the earth".

I think your story is very interesting...

and you offer a reason why the "demon" would call itself "ZOZO"... a name that the more obnoxious skeptics (I am somewhat skeptical, but try not to be obnoxious about it) are having quite a bit of fun with on the other thread... it would be to get the planchette to move back in forth in a wide enough arc to presumably open this "portal"...

As stated, I am fairly skeptical and fond of doing my own experiments, but not enough to actually test this theory out! :geek:

I also think... for some of those who like to be "testers"... if you really have no fear at all of the demon coming into this plane, it may not be able to. According to what most believers say about demons, they feed upon fear.

If you have questions.. then put the thing up... some things are simple...

You are correct, I suppose I did overstate the situation. It is a matter of common knowledge then, though my meaning does have a slightly deeper context, as I do believe there is an identifiable manifestation of this type of "cultural subconscious",

Based on your conclusion that some people could not possibly know something unless they already knew it? Sounds unreasonable to me. The alternative is that there actually is something supernatural going on with some UFO cases.

such as when aliens/UFOs were huge in the 90s, and then paranormal shows in general, and for that matter, the idea of alien abduction, and abductees having similar experiences and the "visitors" having the same appearance - some people allegedly had no interest in the subject, yet their reports matched those of others, which should have been virtually impossible. But that is an entirely different subject.

No offense but you are simply begging the question. You are assuming the reason for the similarities despite what the people are saying. Your reasoning seems to be " this is not possible unless they already knew therefore they already knew".

The exception, to me, is the peripheral observation we all do, where we may not consciously internalize everything he see and hear, but it doesn't mean it is NOT internalized. That was my meaning when I said "cultural subconscious" - not some nebulous psychic "akashic record" or some such (though I don't full discount the possibility), but a peripheral and unrealized knowledge of things we know ... that we don't know we know. And THEN you can add the "common knowledge" line and my full meaning is complete. As for proof, I admit ignorance, as I don't know the validity of the idea of the collective unconscious in today's sociology or psychology in general, though I do know the idea of peripheral unconscious processing of data has been the subject of many examples given in psychology-related articles and works I've read.

More plausibly our minds simply ignore large amounts of information with no retention. We don't have super-brains. Are there memories that may be retrieved with difficulty at later times - sure. Is this some secret store house of subconscious knowledge - highly doubtful. There is no evolutionary advantage for the brain to evolve such a mechanism. It's a waste of good brain cells that could be used doing more useful things like surviving.

What do you hear people saying then?

Stories with no mention of having heard of it. I guess your position would be they don't realize they did hear of it?

Because that is the brunt of my conclusion, and I do not believe that saying that the information received by people using a board is information either created by them out of whole cloth, or previously known to them, is a very large claim - it is a pretty short trail to follow from observation to hypothesis. The chances of someone getting "Zozo" on a board, and not having previously heard of it, read it or come across it, even by word of mouth, in this day and age, of the internet and mass media at your fingertips instantly, on your cell phone, is essentially nil, and I need no scientific data to back that up any more than one needs it to back up "objects fall toward the earth".

The Internet and cell phones are a very, very, very recent phenomenon. I think you make large assumptions. Independent commonalities can be evidence.

Zoso has no pre-internet/cell phone history. Any claims to the contrary are pure fabrications.

Thanks for a read, I always enjoy reading about people's experience with the board, I have never had a go at one, and I dont think I will ever have a go

Zoso has no pre-internet/cell phone history. Any claims to the contrary are pure fabrications.

Actually, he does. Zozo is a connotation of "Pazuzu", of whom is an Assyrian winged demon in Babylonian mythology. Look it up for yourself. All-in-all, however, I think the whole Zozo/Ouija phenomenon is a bunch of bull ****.

Edited by Alienated Being

That's a pretty long stretch and a big assumption. The board personality is ZOZO, NOT Pazuzu, whether or not those two are used interchangeably. You can justify that Bub is a synonym for Beelzebub, but if the name Bub is the only name that keeps showing up, you can't just auto-credit it with the more ominous "nickname" with no other connecting information. I found NO indication of ZOZO in Ouija lore, online or in books, prior to the internet age; if there is some now, the sites have either finally become indexed or are new. I have been interested in Ouija and the paranormal long before the internet and never came across such a name, and not once did I come across this name.

The chances of someone getting "Zozo" on a board, and not having previously heard of it, read it or come across it, even by word of mouth, in this day and age, of the internet and mass media at your fingertips instantly, on your cell phone, is essentially nil, and I need no scientific data to back that up any more than one needs it to back up "objects fall toward the earth".

I see what you're saying but I've read many a story where people only discovered zozo after having an experience with it. They had a meeting with it, then put it into google to see what it was or if anyone else had, and then discovered lots of others had.

On the flip side, I've known about zozo for a while, but never encountered him on any ouiji board session.

That's a pretty long stretch and a big assumption. The board personality is ZOZO, NOT Pazuzu, whether or not those two are used interchangeably. You can justify that Bub is a synonym for Beelzebub, but if the name Bub is the only name that keeps showing up, you can't just auto-credit it with the more ominous "nickname" with no other connecting information. I found NO indication of ZOZO in Ouija lore, online or in books, prior to the internet age; if there is some now, the sites have either finally become indexed or are new. I have been interested in Ouija and the paranormal long before the internet and never came across such a name, and not once did I come across this name.

Just a random thing, in Led Zeppelin's album with all the band members signs on the front, Jimmy Page chose 'Zoso'. Coincidence? Probably...

Just a random thing, in Led Zeppelin's album with all the band members signs on the front, Jimmy Page chose 'Zoso'. Coincidence? Probably...

Zoso is a sigil for Saturn and was to do with his star sign capricorn.....maybe....?...someone more learned on magik may know better....:wacko: