Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange arrow headed lizard. What is it?

George Ford

This is some ones footage I found on Youtube. Skip to around 43 seconds cos before that you will think you are just looking at a stick.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Ford

• Abramelin

• DieChecker

• Nateman

This is some ones footage I found on Youtube. Skip to around 43 seconds cos before that you will think you are just looking at a stick.

A hoax:

http://weirdanimalreport.com/news/diplocaulus-hammerhead-salamander-extinct-no-really

http://dinosaurs.wikia.com/wiki/Diplocaulus

20101021130947!Diplocaulus_BW.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

The video is no longer working. Did it look like CGI?

If you click again on the words "Watch on YouTube" after you've initially clicked the video..you can watch it.

Yeah, it looked CGI to me but when I looked closer it looked like a toy in the water. The creature was not moving but just being tossed around by the water.

Edited by Ryu

I kept waiting for the legs to move, and they didn't. So I'm thinking toy too. It would be simple to rig up a fishing line by way of sticks and rocks to make it look to move around a little.

Very good attempt, I'll give them that.

Pretty good one tho. Because of the movement of the water and the difficulty seeing the "creature" at first, it takes a few seconds to focus in on what you are supposed to see. I'll give it a thumbs up for effort.

I would say that, as a general rule of thumb, if a video is found during a random youtube search of the word "cryptid" you probably aren't going to find anything legit.

Darn i was hoping that it would have been real that would be so coolz lol, anyhow it is obviously fake considerin they could've caught it seein as how its so close ryt there. :rolleyes:

Down in Florida there are Iguanas and Monitor Lizzards both of which will take to water to avoid capture. Both lizzards readily jump in the water and swim well. Iguanas can get up to 4 or 5 feet long and Savannah Monitors and Nile Monitors can grow up to 5 feet long.

Yet both iguanas and monitors, if they get into the water, will still move their legs. This thing didn't.

I think I remember this being part of a contest some time ago, right?

Yep. Another one anyways. Clearer pictures of the original Abe posted about with link to the maker:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/photo_database/image/modern_day_diplocaulus/

This one in the vid looks more something you'd pick up in a museum gift shop.

It's a salamander.

Actually its a model and one of the most famous fakes in cryptology. :)

Sorry I've been away UM, I know youve missed me. ;)

What will the next crypto thread be about? A plastic T-Rex??

What will the next crypto thread be about? A plastic T-Rex??

T-rex I spotted in my back yard:-

M-Rex-Garden3.jpg

Best watch out there bulveye, that thing looks massive! And as for the video I couldn't even see what we were meant to be looking at it was so damn blurry.

Edited by silentforce

Best watch out there bulveye, that thing looks massive! And as for the video I couldn't even see what we were meant to be looking at it was so damn blurry.

That's one of the rules for any footage of cryptids. It has to be blurry with a lot of movement of the camera.

video of a lizard like creature hmmm? Is it in fact a lizard like creature as opposed to some distant cousin of Nessie etc ? WAPOW