Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
Gh0stwalker

Ouija Board Crysis

65 posts in this topic

Willpower is an amazing thing, as long as you don't give in or give up, you can overcome and conquer anything. I have poor circulation in my left arm it usually bothers me and gives me a tingly feeling, I know it's not what you are describing but I've found that if I walk around a bit it goes away. If the tingly feeling you get ever happens again maybe walking a bit around the room will help it. It's good you are not afraid of this thing, since they are supposed to feed on fear (or something like that.) Good luck getting rid of this thing.

I agree with the box of white light as a way of protection, I've read about a similar thing before and I've used it when I felt paranoid and felt safer.

I also read that if you make a hexagram (I'm not sure if it needs to be any specific materials), and write AGLA down the middle (which is an acronym that means "god is almighty" or something like that in Hebrew) and keep it on you, it's supposed to keep evil spirits/entities at bay. Although I haven't been able to test this since I haven't had anything evil approach me or even good although I have had a very few paranormal experiences. I don't know, maybe it will work. I made one with paper. Lol.

Edited by Dataslayer

It's good you are not afraid of this thing, since they are supposed to feed on fear (or something like that.) Good luck getting rid of this thing.

Yes, fear is their only real weapon. They are only as powerful as you let them be. Last night I tried one final method which I was informed of by a helpful user, which also worked for them when they were experiencing a similar case as mine.

Take a piece of paper, then draw an image on it. This image should be something important to you, more specifically a symbol which you believe best represents you. Something that brings to mind courage and power. Then, state out loud that this is YOUR power, and that any and all things that oppose your well being, are absorbed into this image, like a black hole. After that, light the paper, and watch it burn. The idea, is that the demon burns with it.

Well like I said, nothing is too absurd in my mind when it comes to things like these. So I gave it a shot. Interesting enough, I felt a sense of relief afterwards. Maybe the demon truly was destroyed. Or maybe the simple fact that I believed it worked, caused the satisfaction. I like to think of these things like Steven Kings IT. they feed off your fear, manipulating your perception of everything, yet it's greatest weapon is also it's greatest weakness. Some people say god is the answer, some say performing a ritual, and even something as simple as burning a piece of paper. I believe, there is no definitive answer to dealing with demons, as they are all correct, just as long as you truly believe they are.

Needless to say I was not bothered in my sleep last night. I think I've eliminated it. Though most would probably look at this as a negative experience, I think its quite positive. I've learned a lot, and have a few new tricks up my sleeve when dealing with these pests. Which knowing me, is sure to happen again.....

Dataslayer,

Like I mentioned before, I believe if you have faith in that symbols ability to protect you, whatever it may be, It will work. Just as demons have the ability to manipulate your mind, you can turn the tables and use it against them.

Your mind is the weapon.

Thank you for everyones support.

Until my next encounter....

Edited by Gh0stwalker

Very good. I'm glad you found something that works for you. :) Everyone is different and everything affects a person differently. Helpful method. Never thought of that one before.

I am open to the possibilty of just about anything, but that does not change the FACT that a ouija board is a game invented by Parker Bros..

Someone always says this in a Ouija board thread, just like someone always says atheists don't get possessed in a thread about possession. Neither of those "facts" are true. Using a Ouija board is a form of automatic writing, which has been around since at least 1100 CE, if not sooner. Some say the ancient Egyptians and Greeks did it long before that. The modern Ouija board was invented in the 1890s, and was an evolution of automatic writing, table tipping, and other methods for communicating with spirits that became popular during a Spiritualism craze that swept the US and Europe in the mid 1800s. Parker Brothers didn't acquire the rights to make them until 1966.

Someone always says this in a Ouija board thread, just like someone always says atheists don't get possessed in a thread about possession. Neither of those "facts" are true. Using a Ouija board is a form of automatic writing, which has been around since at least 1100 CE, if not sooner. Some say the ancient Egyptians and Greeks did it long before that. The modern Ouija board was invented in the 1890s, and was an evolution of automatic writing, table tipping, and other methods for communicating with spirits that became popular during a Spiritualism craze that swept the US and Europe in the mid 1800s. Parker Brothers didn't acquire the rights to make them until 1966.

If its a form of automatic writing, people should be able to do it blindfolded. It was invented as you said in 1890, it was not considered to be anything but a toy for the first 25 or so years. All scientific study has says it is controlled by the user, try it with a blindfold it becomes useless. I would truly love it if it actually was real, but sadly its a toy. If you have "facts" that state otherwise, I'm anxious to hear them.

I don't think I will ever understand why people will use things like a ouija board without proper research, have something latch onto them, then come running over to a forum and expect to find John Constentine to rid them of everything. And not to mention the OP said that he didn't' want to get rid of it because he planned on using it again once he could 'clean up this mess.' Do you actually think that its not going to happen again after you use the board again? Clearly it will, since you got rid of it the first time, then turned around and used it again. And look where that got you! Sorry if I'm coming across as rude or mean, that's not my intention. I just don't understand the use of these boards.

After reading many of these posts, it seems to me as though you want to walk through a mine field unharmed, when you would best avoid it altogether. Most people use these boards to either answer questions about the future, or to verify the existance of the afterlife... you are doing neither. So what is your reason for wanting to continue? I will tell you this: most of the people that have authentic experiences with these boards have felt the need to stop using them altogether... it doesn't help to mop up your kitchen without first fixing the broken pipe and stopping the water flow... Also, just because a door exists doesn't mean that one should use it. Given the chance, would you constantly crawl through a doggy - door when you know that it wasn't meant for you? What I'm trying to say with all of these analogies is that you have to stop the problimatic behavior before taking corrective action. Period. Of course if you want to be demon fodder, then by all means continue and keep trying to communicate with it... Good luck!

If its a form of automatic writing, people should be able to do it blindfolded. It was invented as you said in 1890, it was not considered to be anything but a toy for the first 25 or so years. All scientific study has says it is controlled by the user, try it with a blindfold it becomes useless. I would truly love it if it actually was real, but sadly its a toy. If you have "facts" that state otherwise, I'm anxious to hear them.

I never said it worked. I've never used one and don't plan to. My reply was in response to your assertion of FACT, which was in FACT false.

AZtom, I have a theory as to how a Ouija Board actually works. I think it's quite similar to automatic writing, but while automatic writing is simply one using their hands to convey a message, the Ouija boards uses ones EYES. It's as if the entities use a person in the group as a window. You can't see if the window is covered, can you? I mean, I can write something down with my eyes closed (It will likely be messy, mind you) But cover my eyes and ask me to point something out, the results would be pretty poor.

dice401, Its "Constantine". And no, I did not come "running" over to these boards, hoping someone would "save me" from my predicament. And I DID in fact want to get rid of it. I came to this board seeking techniques I could use to protect/ rid myself of these..... Whatever you wish to call them. Not only because of my issue at hand, but because yes, I do plan on using it again in the future and would like to know how to defend myself when the time comes. With that said, I did receive some great advice which has helped rid me of the thing. Think of all the things man has done. Like flying, or leaving our very atmosphere... Do you think they hit a few bumps along the way? Do you also think many ridiculed them for their attempts? I think most walk away from the unknown after one bad experience, because it's so easy. There's nothing to lose from walking away, just as there is no known thing to gain from digging deeper. I guess that's one of the things that drives me to keep digging...

And if you don't see the point to these boards, why are you viewing them, let alone responding to them?....

Cryptozoological Mascot, You're right. I'm not looking for answers about the future, or to validate the afterlife. I simply want to delve as deep as I can, which through my extensive research, shows that not many have.... I'm not doing it for kicks, or for thrill seeking. I just want to discover what exactly lies within the unknown. What these entities are, where they come from, what their ultimate goal is.

And if we weren't meant to go through these doors, I don't think they would exist in the first place.

AZtom, I have a theory as to how a Ouija Board actually works. I think it's quite similar to automatic writing, but while automatic writing is simply one using their hands to convey a message, the Ouija boards uses ones EYES. It's as if the entities use a person in the group as a window. You can't see if the window is covered, can you? I mean, I can write something down with my eyes closed (It will likely be messy, mind you) But cover my eyes and ask me to point something out, the results would be pretty poor.

An interseting theory, I'll have to mull it over for a little while.

Regardless of what you do to the board, quit using it - put it away somewhere, or give it away, or if you must, trash it (or mail it to me, I'll always accept free Ouija boards, as opposed to people leaving them on church steps or burning or burying them). If you have any religious or spiritual leanings you feel could bring you peace or help, you should pursue those, such as prayers, holy water or meditation or whatever else. Your main thing is to willfully NOT give credence or power to disturbances or anxiety and fear, as others have said. Whatever you can do to this end, from ignoring it, to laughing it off, to being wearily annoyed at the tired antics, is something you should look into.

When Pearl Curran, the actual user, was blindfolded and the Ouija board was placed upside down and she was instructed to use it and her "spirit control", Patience Worth, didn't communicate, the researcher made a note of it and allowed Mrs. Curran to communicate normally and asked Patience why she didn't do any of her famous fancy writing while all those precautions were in place. Her response was along the lines of "You ask an artist to paint a masterpiece with no brush?"

Although I believe Ouija works via ideomotor effect, I've always found the case of Patience Worth the most fascinating of Ouija lore, though there are others that are quite compelling as well. Proponents of the spiritual aspects of Ouija use today still insist you cannot use one blindfolded because the spirits need to see through the eyes of the user, etc. It is a difficult subject whose criteria change from believer to experimenter.

Regardless of what you do to the board, quit using it - put it away somewhere, or give it away, or if you must, trash it (or mail it to me, I'll always accept free Ouija boards, as opposed to people leaving them on church steps or burning or burying them). If you have any religious or spiritual leanings you feel could bring you peace or help, you should pursue those, such as prayers, holy water or meditation or whatever else. Your main thing is to willfully NOT give credence or power to disturbances or anxiety and fear, as others have said. Whatever you can do to this end, from ignoring it, to laughing it off, to being wearily annoyed at the tired antics, is something you should look into.

I'm not sure how long you've followed this thread, but I have rid myself of the demon, and I did not give into it's antics. I was not afraid. I will keep the Ouija board though, as I will likely be using it again...

When Pearl Curran, the actual user, was blindfolded and the Ouija board was placed upside down and she was instructed to use it and her "spirit control", Patience Worth, didn't communicate, the researcher made a note of it and allowed Mrs. Curran to communicate normally and asked Patience why she didn't do any of her famous fancy writing while all those precautions were in place. Her response was along the lines of "You ask an artist to paint a masterpiece with no brush?"

Although I believe Ouija works via ideomotor effect, I've always found the case of Patience Worth the most fascinating of Ouija lore, though there are others that are quite compelling as well. Proponents of the spiritual aspects of Ouija use today still insist you cannot use one blindfolded because the spirits need to see through the eyes of the user, etc. It is a difficult subject whose criteria change from believer to experimenter.

As I stated a few posts above, entities using us as windows to view the board, is my theory as well. It makes the most sense to me.

I'm not sure how long you've followed this thread, but I have rid myself of the demon, and I did not give into it's antics. I was not afraid. I will keep the Ouija board though, as I will likely be using it again...

As I stated a few posts above, entities using us as windows to view the board, is my theory as well. It makes the most sense to me.

You sir, is a very brave man(I'm sincere).

A man whom his doctors referred to as “Mr. Wright” was dying from cancer of the lymph nodes.

Orange-size tumors had invaded his neck, groin, chest and abdomen, and his doctors had exhausted all available treatments.

Nevertheless, Mr. Wright was confident that a new anticancer drug called Krebiozen(simple creatine pills with no curative value) would cure him, according to a 1957 report by psychologist Bruno Klopfer of the University of California, Los Angeles, entitled “Psychological Variables in Human Cancer.”

Mr. Wright was bedridden and fighting for each breath when he received his first injection.

But three days later he was cheerfully ambling around the unit, joking with the nurses. Mr. Wright’s tumors had shrunk by half, and after 10 more days of treatment he was discharged from the hospital.

It was called Placebo effect.

And no it's not irrelevant to your post.

The only thing to fight you demon is to re-convince yourself that there is nothing beside your wild imagination.

Edited by Keosen

Johnkim, I'm just doing what I can.

Keosen, I'm well aware of the affects of a placebo (and creatine for that matter), But I'm certain I did not conjure the shadow figure which lifted my leg at night, or the demonic growls, who's audio I have recorded and saved. I did not fabricate an intricate illusion in my own head, that Im sure. Though, I have rid myself of the demon, for now.

Wow thanks Clyde! That was some very helpful advice, not only will I p*** off whatever spirits may reside by using it for fire wood, I'll also attract the attention of the fire department directly across the street! Keep up the great work, you're a true pilliar of society.

As for 2012, yeah it said a bit. It said Satan and his army would rise, there's nothing man can do. Though I wouldn't take the word of a demon. Heh, funny fact, After it told me about it's doomsday plot, I said " well I'll be waitin for ya you sorry b1tch" to which it responded "alright you sorry b@stard"...

There is no such thing as Satan.

Just ask it to leave, that you will not tolerate it anymore.

Leave your lights on at night.

To be honest, I wouldn't use that oujii board again. I'm not a very religious person, though I believe in a higher power.

I was raised in an open home and one thing I learnt is that oujii boards can be BIG trouble.

My knowledge (which may be incorrect, but its MY beliefs) of the oujii board is that when you invoke the spirit, you may get more... agressive or troubling visitors.

My mother's experiences involved an entity who tried to mess with her and her friends (eg. telling them troubling news such as 'when they were going to die', or that one of them was going to die soon and that they'd been followed since birth by a dark power).

This story shows a pattern in experiences with the board.

My mother got rid of the entity by sitting in a circle with her friends, each using positive thoughts and energies to expel the guest who had outstayed their welcome.

You call your troubling visitor a demon and use a certain amount of faith to expel them.

That is perfectly acceptable, as what we believe in and put our faith into often manifests in reality.

If you wish to experience your previous problem again, fine go ahead, but I do not advice messing with the unknown.

I don't dictate other people, or tell them what to believe and what not, so you can either take my advice or trash it like a bad sandwich, I will not judge.

:)

You know what I have never understood about demons? Why they are so lame. What is it with a supernatural being which is supposedly an emmissary of Satan and all they can manage to do is growl on voice recorders, poke and scratch, and maybe lift up the odd leg of a sleeping human once in awhile?

You would think that since demons are around to torture humanity and terrify us that they'd be capable of doing a bit better than the mediocre creepy party tricks that typically get associated with them. I mean why not show themselves and disembowel someone in the broad daylight? Now that would be scary.

Until a demon has enough sack to show up in the broad daylight, thusly creating actual evidence for its existence and comes over and squeezes my head til my eyes pop out I'm pretty inclined to disbelieve in them. know what the coolest part about not believing in ghosts and demons is? I've never seen one, been poked in my sleep by one or anything. Its great! :tu:

You know what I have never understood about demons? Why they are so lame. What is it with a supernatural being which is supposedly an emmissary of Satan and all they can manage to do is growl on voice recorders, poke and scratch, and maybe lift up the odd leg of a sleeping human once in awhile?

You would think that since demons are around to torture humanity and terrify us that they'd be capable of doing a bit better than the mediocre creepy party tricks that typically get associated with them. I mean why not show themselves and disembowel someone in the broad daylight? Now that would be scary.

Until a demon has enough sack to show up in the broad daylight, thusly creating actual evidence for its existence and comes over and squeezes my head til my eyes pop out I'm pretty inclined to disbelieve in them. know what the coolest part about not believing in ghosts and demons is? I've never seen one, been poked in my sleep by one or anything. Its great! :tu:

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I've messed with Ouija boards and nothing has happened. EVER. I'll go buy one and do it again right now. It's ridiculous to buy into such claptrap.

It's the same with 'demons' and 'ghosts'. Why don't you ever see demons attacking people, or ghosts when it's not 3 in the morning?

And what is with the wacky idea that 'you have to believe' to experience anything paranormal? Is it like Tinkerbell where if you don't believe she dies? I mean come on. Most of us here are grown adults.

I believe you wholeheartedly, but I do believe our beliefs and fears play a big part into it. For example, I just posted a thread in this topic, please read and comment as I am baffled as of yet, and had a strange thing happen while using a ouija board. I am not an overly religious person, I'm pretty much Christian/gnostic whatever. I believe in a power grater than myself. I believe I'm spirit and I believe in energy and that all of these can be very powerful in it themselves. So we play the board with expectations and beliefs and nothing at all happens. If you read my

Post tou'll see exactly what did happen. And I can tell you it was the exact opposite of what we expected or believed would happen or was possible at all.

Being of the faith I am I armedyseld with some religious items for

Protection, as it's belief they would protect us therefor giving those items power. So nothing at all happens, I sort of believe I protected myself too well and that's why nothing came through. But it doesn't explain what happened to my fiancé. His beliefs are similar to mine but I'd call him more

Of an agnostic as he isn't sure either way what's real or what to believe but I think he wants to believe in something of u understand what I mean.

Basically, if you played this board and your idea of evil is a demon, than that's exactly what you got. If

Your idea of evil was a dancing clown, you probably would have been woken up to circus music and clowns with red plastic noses. Your fear manifested itself from

Your energy and turned into that demon you saw. To get rid of it you have to stop "expecting" it to show back up when u play. Instead keep your energy as positive as you can and according

To your beliefs take some sort of precautions to protect yourself prior to using a ouija board.

Energy is a really really powerful thing and so is the subconscious. You have a classic case of fear/energy manifesting itself. If you weren't afraid, it wouldn't be able to wake you or alarm

You or even show itself. Bottom line, u need to surround yourself with positive energy and tell whatever it is that you won't allow it to frighten you or inhabit your space any longer. And believe what u say without fear or doubt

*slaps thigh*

This is what I say during exorcisms ! My padrino was appalled ,but it's so true .

I mean FAIL !

The thing is,it affects the host badly,and people die when possessed.

This is the point.I believe there are some entities that can do more than the usual,that can be dangerous and destructive.

So yeah,to me its funny they are so lame,but if they refuse to leave the host ,and they make the host hurt themself,or not eat,host dies.

*slaps thigh*

This is what I say during exorcisms ! My padrino was appalled ,but it's so true .

I mean FAIL !

The thing is,it affects the host badly,and people die when possessed.

This is the point.I believe there are some entities that can do more than the usual,that can be dangerous and destructive.

So yeah,to me its funny they are so lame,but if they refuse to leave the host ,and they make the host hurt themself,or not eat,host dies.

People die of things all the time, and people kill themselves often, which is tragic and horrible - what proof do we have that ANY of them were host to a demon? There is none.

Posted (edited)

People die of things all the time, and people kill themselves often, which is tragic and horrible - what proof do we have that ANY of them were host to a demon? There is none.

Well actually,suicide is attributed to demon influence all the time,even if the person is not possessed.

Lots of bad events,deaths included ,are said to be done by dark forces all the time.

Religions of all kinds deem suicide as a feather in the devil,or any demons cap.

Same with drug abuse.

People who are lost in drug or alcohol addiction,usually have demons at their back.

I won't bother to go into it further,as you will just say there's no proof,but many religions believe this.

I was just commenting on how you said demons are lame because all they can do is bad parlour tricks.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Well actually,suicide is attributed to demon influence all the time,even if the person is not possessed.

Lots of bad events,deaths included ,are said to be done by dark forces all the time.

Religions of all kinds deem suicide as a feather in the devil,or any demons cap.

Same with drug abuse.

People who are lost in drug or alcohol addiction,usually have demons at their back.

I won't bother to go into it further,as you will just say there's no proof,but many religions believe this.

I was just commenting on how you said demons are lame because all they can do is bad parlour tricks.

I totally acknowledge that it is believed that demons can do these things, my argument is that if nobody believed in demons they wouldn't exist and nobody would ever be bothered by them.