Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fort Knox

LucidElement

We've talked about Pyramids, Mayans, Incas, Civilizations... but lets focus our attention on Fort Knox... This is the craziest and most mysterious topic. Why? Let me explain....

Fort Knox is not only home to about 30,000 U.S Army Soliders, but home to our Gold Bullion Depository. Here are some interesting facts....

• Amount of present gold holdings: 147.3 million ounces.
  • The only gold removed has been very small quantities used to test the purity of gold during regularly scheduled audits. Except for these samples, no gold has been transferred to or from the Depository for many years.
  • The gold is held as an asset of the United States at book value of $42.22 per ounce.
  • The Depository opened in 1937; the first gold was moved to the depository in January that year.
  • Highest gold holdings this century: 649.6 million ounces (December 31, 1941).
  • Size of a standard gold bar: 7 inches x 3 and 5/8 inches x 1 and 3/4 inches.
  • Weight of a standard gold bar: approximately 400 ounces or 27.5 pounds.
  • Construction of the depository:
    Building materials used included 16,000 cubic feet of granite, 4,200 cubic yards of concrete, 750 tons of reinforcing steel, and 670 tons of structural steel.
    The cost of construction was $560,000 and the building was completed in December 1936.
  • In the past, the Depository has stored the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, the Articles of Confederation, Lincoln's Gettysburg address, three volumes of the Gutenberg Bible, and Lincoln's second inaugural address.
  • In addition to gold bullion, the Mint has stored valuable items for other government agencies. The Magna Carta was once stored there. The crown, sword, scepter, orb, and cape of St. Stephen, King of Hungary also were stored at the Depository, before being returned to the government of Hungary in 1978.
  • The Depository is a classified facility. No visitors are permitted, and no exceptions are made.

(Know, here is why I posted this topic.... It is said that ONLY TWO PRESIDENTS have been inside of FORT KNOX... you can only get into the Gold Bullion with a Presidential Letter.. is that is the case, then why have only two presidents been into our Gold depository More importantly.. if you go to google.com, and type in Fort Knox gold... you see many pictures... but what proof, do we have today, knowing or NOT knowing that the U.S government has not sold it? The pictures are not dated, and noone can get into the gold depository, so what exactly is going on in there?!?!?!?!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• Habitat

• cladking

• George Ford

well we all know that Gold is $1,600.00 (US) an Ounce... soooo how you doinggg lol

CIA sold it and replaced it all with gold painted lead about 12 years ago according to my made up theory. You'll know if I'm right cos they will read this and bump me off in the next few days.

Also, the reason why it was originally all collected in one place is because when the aliens come in 2012 it is easier for them to collect rather then for us to start mining it when they arrive.

Also, this is why hitler was collecting gold, he was shown advanced alien technology and promised it in return for gold and not telling anyone. It was aliens that killed him at the end of WWII.

Also that is why lending has become rife, the few people at the very top have been offered eternal life in return for gold. Banking was purposely broken so that all the money in the world goes to a handful of people. That is why we are hitting breaking point in world economies as the men at the top go all out to get all our money to turn into gold.

Bulveys, Congrats.. that might be the most un-educated answer EVER... my favorite line is... "WE"... your UK, there is know WE here... but in all honesty... dont reply with idioacracy remarks. =)

So, about $250,000,000,000 worth ? Wouldn't pay the interest bill on the deficit for a year would it ?

CIA sold it and replaced it all with gold painted lead about 12 years ago according to my made up theory. You'll know if I'm right cos they will read this and bump me off in the next few days.

Also, the reason why it was originally all collected in one place is because when the aliens come in 2012 it is easier for them to collect rather then for us to start mining it when they arrive.

Also, this is why hitler was collecting gold, he was shown advanced alien technology and promised it in return for gold and not telling anyone. It was aliens that killed him at the end of WWII.

Also that is why lending has become rife, the few people at the very top have been offered eternal life in return for gold. Banking was purposely broken so that all the money in the world goes to a handful of people. That is why we are hitting breaking point in world economies as the men at the top go all out to get all our money to turn into gold.

That was just excellent :tu:

Bulveys, Congrats.. that might be the most un-educated answer EVER... my favorite line is... "WE"... your UK, there is know WE here... but in all honesty... dont reply with idioacracy remarks. =)

You'll be eating your words at the end of 2012. :angry:

I've heard there is actually more Gold in the vaults of the federal reserve bank of New York... but it's owned by many countries ????

i seriously dont understand ..what does a modern construct have to do with ancient mysteries or alternative history?

Somebody read James Rollins. :)

The "mystery" of Fort Knox and it's contents are all interesting but I agree with Space Man in that this subject has little to do with this section of the forum. Maybe it belongs in Conspiricy Theories?

Its historical, because its been around since 1937... But in all honestly, its history related. I just want to know if you guys think there is still all that gold in there?? because, noone ever goes in there, and there is not updated pics anymore... Its just interesting to think about?

It hasn't been audited since about 1977 and there's more gold on the

open market than many people can account for. There is excellent reason

believe that gold plated titanium bars were developed for the government

and there are persistent stories of such bars turning up. The implication

being that the fake bars are so good that they escape detection and get shipped

to settle accounts. Gold flows changed decades ago toward the emeging markets

and silver just changed in the last couple years. There is now an Asian exchange

for metals that is expected to eventually supplant the Chicago exchange which is

widely ccused of manipulation or the London exchange which defaulted on nickel five

years back.

There's an ancient Chinese curse; may you live in interesting times.

Don't believe everything you hear but it's foolhardy to believe everything you're

told or everything that shows up in books. Nobody can think for you.

I have no proof of this , but , I think the largest depository of gold in the world is under the airport at Zurich .

Lets not forget what Nostradamus predicted about WW111 .... The first two places the invading armies will strike are Zurich and The Vatican .... I'm guessing they would be the wealthiest two places in the world .

they used so much material to make it safe

and who the heck cares about whether the gold is there or not if it was why didnt they use it to save their buts from defeaulting a country!

obama may have helped in bin ladins death but that was stupid cuz it angered the taleban and what not (plus who knows if they got him since the us didnt show any proof just said they dumped him in the ocen supicious eigh?) but he led his country to near not yet ruled out default.

I do know that several years ago they ( US GOV.) transferred most of gold to vault at Chase Manhaten Bank NY. Because everyone knows about Fort knox.

and silver just changed in the last couple years. There is now an Asian exchange

for metals that is expected to eventually supplant the Chicago exchange which is

widely ccused of manipulation or the London exchange which defaulted on nickel five

years back.

Don't believe everything you hear but it's foolhardy to believe everything you're

You possibly meant Tungsten, I think ? Titanium is relatively lightweight.

You possibly meant Tungsten, I think ? Titanium is relatively lightweight.

You are right. I was confused. I used to work with titanium ore which is very heavy.

I put no stock in this site and it is wrong on several counts but it has much of the

story;

http://gold-quote.net/en/articles/fake-tungsten-gold-bars.php

Supposedly there were or are a large number of these in storage and they accidently get

shipped on occasion.

There's really is beyond question a lot of counterfeiting going on now days in China so

be careful if buying precious metals.

You are right. I was confused. I used to work with titanium ore which is very heavy.

I put no stock in this site and it is wrong on several counts but it has much of the

story;

http://gold-quote.net/en/articles/fake-tungsten-gold-bars.php

Supposedly there were or are a large number of these in storage and they accidently get

shipped on occasion.

There's really is beyond question a lot of counterfeiting going on now days in China so

be careful if buying precious metals.

Given that Tungsten is slightly higher in specific gravity, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are some fake "gold" bars around.

Edited by Habitat

years back.

Hey Clad, can you find a site that says it has not been audited since 1977?? im not judging you, just really curious about that statement. Please let me know... and ya INDIA and CHINA are the two top countries who indulge in gold.... India uses Gold as there presents in Marriage.... but ya, please let me know about the Audit...

From The Times March 28, 2009

Is there any gold inside Fort Knox, the world's most secure vault?

Chris Ayres in Los Angeles It is said to be the most impregnable vault on Earth: built out of granite, sealed behind a 22-tonne door, located on a US military base and watched over day and night by army units with tanks, heavy artillery and Apache helicopter gunships at their disposal.

Since its construction in 1937 the treasures locked inside Fort Knox have included the US Declaration of Independence, the Gettysburg Address, three volumes of the Gutenberg Bible and Magna Carta.

For several prominent investors and at least one senior US congressman it is not the security of the facility in Kentucky that is a cause of concern: it is the matter of how much gold remains stored there - and who owns it.

They are worried that no independent auditors appear to have had access to the reported $137 billion (£96 billion) stockpile of brick-shaped gold bars in Fort Knox since the era of President Eisenhower. After the risky trading activities at supposedly safe institutions such as AIG they want to be reassured that the gold reserves are still the exclusive property of the US and have not been used to fund risky transactions.

Related Links

In other words, they want to be certain that the bullion has not been rendered as valueless as if a real-life Goldfinger had stolen it.

“It has been several decades since the gold in Fort Knox was independently audited or properly accounted for,” said Ron Paul, the Texas Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate, in an e-mail interview with The Times. “The American people deserve to know the truth.”

Mr Paul has so far attracted 21 co-sponsors for a Bill to conduct an independent audit of the Federal Reserve System - including its claims to Fort Knox gold - but an organisation named the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee (GATA) is taking a different approach.

It has hired the Virginia law firm William J.Olson, PC, to test President Obama's promise to bring “an unprecedented level of openness” to the Government and next month it will file several Freedom of Information requests for a full disclosure of US gold ownership and trading activities.

“We're taking the President at his word,” said Chris Powell, of GATA. “If you go online you can find out how to build a nuclear weapon but you won't find any detailed records on central gold reserves.”

A month after President Nixon resigned over the Watergate affair Congress demanded to inspect the contents of Fort Knox but the trip to Kentucky was dismissed by critics as a photo opportunity. Three years earlier Mr Nixon brought an end to the gold standard when France and Switzerland demanded to redeem their dollar holdings for gold amid the soaring cost of the Vietnam War.

Many gold investors suspect that the US has periodically attempted to flood the market with Fort Knox gold to keep prices low and the dollar high - perhaps through international swap agreements with other central banks - but facts remain scarce and the US Treasury denies that any such meddling has gone on for at least the past decade.

Pressure for more openness is mounting after the collapse of the global banking system and renewed interest in a return to the simpler era of the gold standard - a subject that is likely to be raised at the G20 summit next week. China and Russia are calling for the creation of a new world reserve currency amid fears that the Federal Reserve's quantitative easing policy - essentially printing money - might cause hyperinflation, then collapse.

A spokesman for the US Treasury told The Times that US gold holdings are audited every year by the Department of Treasury's Office of Inspector General. He confirmed that although independent auditors oversee the process they are not given access to the Fort Knox vault.

The website of the US Mint says that the 147.3 million troy ounces of gold in Fort Knox “is held as an asset of the US”. It does not elaborate.

Conspiracy theories

— Area 51, which is part of the Nellis air force base in south Nevada, is at the centre of US conspiracy theories. According to these the base is used to store alien spacecraft, study the corpses of aliens, or develop time travel

— Conspiracy theories suggest that tunnels were built below Denver airport to protect five million people during the coming Armageddon. Some say aliens are housed there

— The Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) was established by the US Government in 1979 to co-ordinate a response in the event of a disaster. Since then conspiracy theories have flourished on the theme that Fema concentration camps were being built around the country to incarcerate people and that the Government was soon to declare martial law

— In 1979 an intricate structure made of blue granite appeared on a farm in Elbert County, Georgia. The Georgia Guidestones are inscribed with ten guides written in English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi and Swahili. An inscription states that its sponsors were “a group of Americans who seek the age of reason”

— Roswell in New Mexico is believed by many to be the site of a UFO crash in 1947, from which an “alien body”, below, was recovered. The US military insists that the debris belonged to an experimental surveillance balloon

they used so much material to make it safe

and who the heck cares about whether the gold is there or not if it was why didnt they use it to save their buts from defeaulting a country!

obama may have helped in bin ladins death but that was stupid cuz it angered the taleban and what not (plus who knows if they got him since the us didnt show any proof just said they dumped him in the ocen supicious eigh?) but he led his country to near not yet ruled out default.

I dont no where OBAMA came into play, but im not an OBAMA fan...

CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

By Michael O'Brien - 02/16/10 02:35 PM ET 52 percent of Americans said President Barack Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012, according to a new poll.

44 percent of all Americans said they would vote to reelect the president in two and a half years, less than the slight majority who said they would prefer to elect someone else.

Obama faces a 44-52 deficit among both all Americans and registered voters, according to a CNN/Opinion Research poll released Tuesday. Four percent had no opinion.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BUTTTTT LETS NOT GET OFF TOPIC!!!!!!! going back to Fort Knox lol =).. and many Americans care if there is Gold in there or not.... why would you not care?? let me tell you, that when you spell because, like "CUZ" then you are pretty much lost in politics and the historical manner... the reason the GOLD is so important in the American society, is because its the U.S back drop outside of the Dollar.. if the dollar ever dropped, then U.S has GOLD to fall back on.. you should know that... and THAT IS WHY it's so important to know if Gold is in there or not..

I do know that several years ago they ( US GOV.) transferred most of gold to vault at Chase Manhaten Bank NY. Because everyone knows about Fort knox.

could you provide any facts or informative information to back that up?? again, im not busting anyones balls.. im just trying to learn more about fort knox. it truly is interesting.

Hey Clad, can you find a site that says it has not been audited since 1977?? im not judging you, just really curious about that statement. Please let me know... and ya INDIA and CHINA are the two top countries who indulge in gold.... India uses Gold as there presents in Marriage.... but ya, please let me know about the Audit...

I guess I'm wrong again.

At least according to this site it is implied only access was granted back around 1977 (1974).

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AdLavOJvXpUJ:www.goldalert.com/2011/06/ron-paul-seeks-audit-of-fort-knox-gold/+ft+knox+audit+access&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

There were some pictures released and visitors were allowed to touch a few bars.

There is a lot of question about who owns all this metal as well as other metal in vaults

around the world. Many people believe (with good cause) that the bankers have illegally been

playing "reserve banking" with gold and especially silver. They apparently secure metal and

then sell it many times over in the belief they'll never have to pay out more than what they

have. They even charge each owner of a bar an annual fee to secure and dust it. Getting the

metal out of storage that you supposedly own can be almost impossible and the bankers try to

force each party to accept cash instead.

Yes, key sentence in on the website... While Ron Paul’s legislation is not expected to gain Congressional approval, it raises an important question – why is the U.S. government refusing to simply provide the American people with evidence that the gold actually exists??

My son spent a month at Fort Knox a few years ago doing some officer training. I went to see him graduate and honestly I do not know how anyone could even guess or imagine what is in there or what is not in there. The fort itself is an imposing place. You can't imagine what it's like to even get on base. The security is probably infallable. It is almost intimidating. Then you get on base and the place gets even bigger, we spent a lot of time lost lol, looking for my sons barracks. I think that if anybody wanted to move something in or out of there, me and you would never, ever know about it. I don't know what's in there, but I sure do love those soldiers...