Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to ouija

Biff Wellington

I have never used a ouija board but I am very interested in them. I know many will recommend that I don't use one, but I'm ignorant and tend only to learn my lessons from experience. Anyhow my wife won't let me use one in the house and rightfully so, we have a young child & neither of us want anything to happen to her. Nevertheless I would still like to experience it, so I have a 2 questions:

1:Do online ouija boards work and if so are there any recommendations on ones to use.

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house) I would rather not use it alone. Unfortunately I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for nearly a decade and don't really know anybody in to this kind of stuff so I was wondering if there was any resources that would help me find any people who use one with me or at the least sit in on a few sessions.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Layna

• _Only

• Pestarzt

• Keosen

don't mess with ouija boards dude get rid of it it's not worth the trouble

1) No they don't.

2) There aren't any 'underground ouija clubs'. Just have to ask around.

Be sure to do your research on protecting yourself before using. Don't agitate a spirit. There are specific questions you do not ask. Never play alone or while sick, and know that if you do let evil in, it attaches to YOU, not to the environment you play in.

I have never used a ouija board but I am very interested in them. I know many will recommend that I don't use one, but I'm ignorant and tend only to learn my lessons from experience. Anyhow my wife won't let me use one in the house and rightfully so, we have a young child & neither of us want anything to happen to her. Nevertheless I would still like to experience it, so I have a 2 questions:

There's many threads here that discuss about it, From the perspective of the skeptic and believer.

1:Do online ouija boards work and if so are there any recommendations on ones to use.

This has been asked time and again.

The Ouija board relies on something called the ideomotor effect, which is the effect that nuanced and even subconscious thoughts have on muscle movement. The concept is that you can never really stop your muscles from moving completely, and that subconscious thoughts can influence subtle movements in said muscles, even when you think that you are remaining still.

As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to the emotion of sadness.

In the case of the Ouija board, this effect leads the user to personally determine where the indicator moves, whether he/she is aware of it or not.

As for Oujia software it's a program, it is bunch of 0's and 1's that is scripted into commands that you want to do. Think about it, why would a ghost limit ouija board software when you could be playing WOW and your chat suddenly says "I am HaHa"? or just load up word and talk to the screen and hope words appear.

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house) I would rather not use it alone. Unfortunately I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for nearly a decade and don't really know anybody in to this kind of stuff so I was wondering if there was any resources that would help me find any people who use one with me or at the least sit in on a few sessions.

Research is better than actually asking people for advice.

Read this:

http://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/ouija-boards-paranormal-fantasies-of-the-subconscious/

don't mess with ouija boards dude get rid of it it's not worth the trouble

yes, the card board can give you deadly paper cuts.

• Like 1

When you get one, try this experiment. Ask your question,voila! an answer appears. Now try it blindfolded, sigh, no answers. Draw your own conclusions.

You should try it and come back and tell us what happened. :tu:

(all the people that say you shouldn't mess with it are no fun)

Edited by Jerry Only

If you do get one, promise your wife that you're keeping it outside. But secretly hide it in different areas inside the house.

Tell her it must be the demons moving it around.

BURN IT NOW !!!

You should try it and come back and tell us what happened. :tu:

(all the people that say you shouldn't mess with it are no fun)

That's what I say! I did however answer my 1st question last night... drum roll please... total garbage!!! They just give you the same set answers designed to scare the "intellectually challenged".

Edited by BiffWellington

That's what I say! I did however answer my 1st question last night... drum roll please... total garbage!!! They just give you the same set answers designed to scare the "intellectually challenged".

Yeah, I tried one and it told me my shirt color was pink. I think the demon was looking for a fight.

Yeah, I tried one and it told me my shirt color was pink. I think the demon was looking for a fight.

LOL! You should of water-boarded him with holy water or even better holy cola.

The Ouija board relies on something called the ideomotor effect,

[snip]

In the case of the Ouija board, this effect leads the user to personally determine where the indicator moves, whether he/she is aware of it or not.

While I appreciate good solid science and pretty much base my perceptions on such -- I am highly sceptical of the ideomotor effect being the root of the Ouija experience. I am so close to an atheist it's not funny, and my ouija expience is the only thing -- yes, only thing -- that is keeping me firmly in the agnostic camp. There is no way that the ideomotor effect is an acceptable explanation to MY experience....no way, no how.

Edited by Layna

Hello Layna and welcome to the forum.

Here is a good article titled "How people are fooled by Ideomotor Action. Perhaps it can address some of your concerns. http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/ideomotor.html

Mabon.

Hello Layna and welcome to the forum.

Here is a good article titled "How people are fooled by Ideomotor Action. Perhaps it can address some of your concerns. http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/ideomotor.html

Mabon.

Thanks, Mabon. But yeah, like I said, that explanation is just not in line with my experience. Trust me, I wish it were. On another note, ideomotor effect can be used as a great tool for accessing the subconcious -- now THAT part if it intrigues me!

Edited by Layna

The ideomotor effect is complete hogwash with relation to the Ouija board. It is spouted by skeptics who have never experienced a real ouija session or are just plain scared and in denial of the effects seen.

When Ouija is in session there is a tangible feeling, like a cold sweaty, clammy and almost claustrophobic and pressing atmosphere that decends.

The pointer will move with the fingers resting on it in the lightest of ways, barely making contact. How "involuntary muscle movements" can cause the pointer to move in a way that it is pushing down onto the board and making a sound as if it is far heavier than it should be, quite like suction is beyond "ideomotor" theory.

I have had much experience with the Ouija board over a prolonged period of time and i must give you this fair warning.

Do not bother with it. If you are actively doing it then stop. Cease all such activity and remove the board from your life and do not dwell upon it. Focus your mind and energy on good and productive activities.

Please do not take my advice lightly. I have seen the damage they can do first hand.

There is nothing to be gained from it. You will not receive any good, true or valid knowledge and you will not be able to control any entities that choose to play you.

I am not posting this advice expecting discussion and come back with nay sayers and skeptics because frankly this is a serious thing and real harm can come to not only you but those around you who rely on you.

In summary. Don't do it.

Here is why I take all the "warnings" with a grain of salt its actually quite simple. A ouija board is just wood. I highly doubt HASBRO has someone at the ouija board factory someone there making sure every board is a portal to evil. I think more than likely that people sit around listening to scary ouija stories (most of which are probably fabrications) & warnings from people, so much that they end up believing all of it. Therefore they invite that evil in, even though it's well within their own power to fight off such evils (without useless objects & rituals). Everyone knows about the child getting a ouija board as a gift from their aunt only to later be possessed by a demon and inspire the exorcist, but how about the man who designed the famed Alexandria Hotel due to advice he received through a ouija board. This being said I highly doubt anything will happen at all because of the board, if demons do want a piece of me, trust me, the portal was opened a long time ago & they already have access to my life. In conclusion... to each his own & happy huntings or hauntings.

Edited by BiffWellington

Hmmmm, i wouldn't mess with that sort of stuff.

I'm not a firm believer in the occult, and i dont 100% believe in spirits (50/50)

But why take the risk?

The ideomotor effect is complete hogwash with relation to the Ouija board. It is spouted by skeptics who have never experienced a real ouija session or are just plain scared and in denial of the effects seen.

Yes, Darn that new fangled science where it explains how oujia boards function, I don't stand for that they can prove by doing tests with almost identical results on Ideomotor effects. No, let's stick to setting "witches" on fire and using leeches to heal our wounds!

When Ouija is in session there is a tangible feeling, like a cold sweaty, clammy and almost claustrophobic and pressing atmosphere that decends.

The pointer will move with the fingers resting on it in the lightest of ways, barely making contact. How "involuntary muscle movements" can cause the pointer to move in a way that it is pushing down onto the board and making a sound as if it is far heavier than it should be, quite like suction is beyond "ideomotor" theory.

I have had much experience with the Ouija board over a prolonged period of time and i must give you this fair warning.

Do not bother with it. If you are actively doing it then stop. Cease all such activity and remove the board from your life and do not dwell upon it. Focus your mind and energy on good and productive activities.

Please do not take my advice lightly. I have seen the damage they can do first hand.

There is nothing to be gained from it. You will not receive any good, true or valid knowledge and you will not be able to control any entities that choose to play you.

I am not posting this advice expecting discussion and come back with nay sayers and skeptics because frankly this is a serious thing and real harm can come to not only you but those around you who rely on you.

In summary. Don't do it.

I've tried it many times, called out all kind of names, ghosts and demons, ( I wanna be possessed or haunted just for the heck of it, so I don't think I'm scared). In fact, I always play on my bed in the dark before I sleep, so I kinda sleep with it every night. :lol:

My experience fits perfectly to ideomotor effect.

I haven't seen any damage at all done to me or my family.

But, I wanna hear more detail about your experience with the board, and the damage it does.

Thanks in advance.

Just do not try it blindfolded because otherworldly spirits wants to see through your eyes straight into your soul while making contact through a plastic, mass-produced board game invented to bring money from people naive enough to buy it.

Edited by Keosen

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house)

Does she also make you keep other Hasbro games out of the house like Battleship, Scrabble, and Trivial Pursuit?

Edited by Rafterman

Does she also make you keep other Hasbro games out of the house like Battleship, Scrabble, and Trivial Pursuit?

I am sorry but i laughed.

Just do not try it blindfolded because otherworldly spirits wants to see through your eyes straight into your soul while making contact through a plastic, mass-produced board game invented to bring money from people naive enough to buy it.

Keosen, I couldn't have said it better.