Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to ouija

Biff Wellington

Yes, Darn that new fangled science where it explains how oujia boards function, I don't stand for that they can prove by doing tests with almost identical results on Ideomotor effects. No, let's stick to setting "witches" on fire and using leeches to heal our wounds!

Read my post again, do try to comprehend better. Thanks.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Layna

• _Only

• Pestarzt

• Keosen

I've tried it many times, called out all kind of names, ghosts and demons, ( I wanna be possessed or haunted just for the heck of it, so I don't think I'm scared). In fact, I always play on my bed in the dark before I sleep, so I kinda sleep with it every night. :lol:

My experience fits perfectly to ideomotor effect.

I haven't seen any damage at all done to me or my family.

But, I wanna hear more detail about your experience with the board, and the damage it does.

Thanks in advance.

If you knock enough doors one will open. Please don't though for your sake.

I have never used a ouija board but I am very interested in them. I know many will recommend that I don't use one, but I'm ignorant and tend only to learn my lessons from experience. Anyhow my wife won't let me use one in the house and rightfully so, we have a young child & neither of us want anything to happen to her. Nevertheless I would still like to experience it, so I have a 2 questions:

1:Do online ouija boards work and if so are there any recommendations on ones to use.

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house) I would rather not use it alone. Unfortunately I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for nearly a decade and don't really know anybody in to this kind of stuff so I was wondering if there was any resources that would help me find any people who use one with me or at the least sit in on a few sessions.

Dear Bliff

the ouija board is a very particular kind of ghost gate. In fact the muscle of the finger push the dish on the words. Your brain creates a phrase and the game is done

many time your brain manage an energy flow that use the board like a conduit...so you can see different ghst activities.

But these ghosts are only "brain imagination"

Read my post again, do try to comprehend better. Thanks.

I did and it sounds utter closed minded with no actual evidence to discredit the ideomotor effect.

Edited by Brian Topp

I did and it sounds utter closed minded with no actual evidence to discredit the ideomotor effect.

I would love to discredit the ideomotor effect!! I created a thread not too long ago on here asking anyone who believes in the ideomotor effect to accept my challenge. I will bring up the post again. What I'm mainly looking for was for someone to get a ouija board or make one. If you have a web cam then we can go live. I will ask you 25 random questions and I want you to use the ideomotor effect to get the answers out of you subconscious and on to the ouija board. The ideomotor effect states that people get the answers to questions through their subconscious and those answers trickle down to their fingertips and spell out the answers to the questions correctly. Surely, if that's the case then you can demonstrate the ideomotor effect live and direct as I ask you 25 random questions and you will get the 25 answers from your subconscious to your fingertips and onto the ouija board. Are you up for the challenge or do you have any other stipulations for this test??? :innocent:

Edited by beenieman

You have trouble with comprehension. I am not here to teach remedials. I am not denying the existence of ideomotor effect in other scenarios.

I don't need to show evidence of the ideomotor effect with regard to the ouija board because it doesn't exist and this is the important bit... i will even highlight it for you incase you fail to comprehend again.. the OUIJA BOARD.

The original post was should the person dabble with the Ouija board?. I offered my advice from my experiences and described how little one has touch the pointer. ie the lightest of touches and the pointer appears to have suction applied to it in the downward direction. The amount of force on the pointer is not relative to the motion that is shown. This is a fact. It is not "closed mind". Nice trolling BTW.

Absolutely ridiculous. The amount of bad advice and pure ignorance shown here sometimes is astounding!

Don't bother to counter my reply "Brian Topp" i really have nothing else pleasant to say to you.

I would love to discredit the ideomotor effect!! I created a thread not too long ago on here asking anyone who believes in the ideomotor effect to accept my challenge. I will bring up the post again. What I'm mainly looking for was for someone to get a ouija board or make one. If you have a web cam then we can go live. I will ask you 25 random questions and I want you to use the ideomotor effect to get the answers out of you subconscious and on to the ouija board. The ideomotor effect states that people get the answers to questions through their subconscious and those answers trickle down to their fingertips and spell out the answers to the questions correctly. Surely, if that's the case then you can demonstrate the ideomotor effect live and direct as I ask you 25 random questions and you will get the 25 answers from your subconscious to your fingertips and onto the ouija board. Are you up for the challenge or do you have any other stipulations for this test??? :innocent:

Sounds great in theory Beenieman and i would watch the video. The problem lies with the fact that people would say that the sitters were moving the pointer deliberately by themselves.

It's just not worth it for various reasons as been said.

Yes, Darn that new fangled science where it explains how oujia boards function, I don't stand for that they can prove by doing tests with almost identical results on Ideomotor effects. No, let's stick to setting "witches" on fire and using leeches to heal our wounds!

Just for the record, they still use leeches in american medicine. Doctors saved a mans hand from needing amputation after a farming equipment accident. They used the leeches to get blood circulating through his hand again. I believe I saw it on NatGeo or possibly the science channel

Oh, for Christ's sakes people, it's a piece of cardboard. :sleepy: Idiomotor effect plus people who are easily scared produce ghosts.

Just have fun and report back ;)

No. Not the case at all.

People need to straighten up and return to a civil manner of dealing with one another in this thread. This can be discussed, even with passion, without casting aspersions about, and UM expects its members to do that, because this is a family-friendly, helpful and cooperate forum where everyone is looking for answers, and to share and compare their own experiences, so let us all try to remain friendly, please.

As I posted in another thread (well, recently - I've posted in many of these threads), and as my signature states, I've used the Ouija board many times, and thus far my conclusion is my experiences have been due to the ideomotor effect.

That's what I say! I did however answer my 1st question last night... drum roll please... total garbage!!! They just give you the same set answers designed to scare the "intellectually challenged".

Online Ouija board is useless. I'm a programmer and I've made something similar like Tarot card reader. What you see is simply predetermined by the logic written by the programmer.

Hmmmm, i wouldn't mess with that sort of stuff.

I'm not a firm believer in the occult, and i dont 100% believe in spirits (50/50)

But why take the risk?

That's my position. If Ouija is real and I mess with it, I lose big. If Ouija is fake but I did not mess with it, I don't lose anything.

Take your pick.

If you do get one, promise your wife that you're keeping it outside. But secretly hide it in different areas inside the house.

Tell her it must be the demons moving it around.

Ha ha, this just totally cracked me up :w00t:

But seriously, dont do it.

Just have a scan through what happened to obsessive before you go any further down this path.

Theres another post bit further down same thread.

Read em

Think bout em

Think again

They are on the zozo ouiga board thread

If you knock enough doors one will open. Please don't though for your sake.

And a board game I bought online is one of the doors?

And a board game I bought online is one of the doors?

who knows, don't do it. If there is the possibility of a board game being potentially harmful in any way, why even bother? I haven't read the whole of this thread but, if I were you, I wouldn't do it.

who knows, don't do it. If there is the possibility of a board game being potentially harmful in any way, why even bother? I haven't read the whole of this thread but, if I were you, I wouldn't do it.

I've done it before, that's why I brought it up. It's from HASBRO and people claim to have had supernatural experiences with the same board, and it glows in the dark too, I got it from Amazon. Nothing ever happened to me, I've tried it with my friend too, he didn't want to get involved at first, but I insisted. He didn't experience anything that could paranormal, just spooked himself out a few times. It's still in my basement somewhere. I'm perfectly fine, nothing ever happened. No bad luck, no spirits, nothing.

I'm not saying paranormal doesn't exist, and If there is a way to contact spirits/ghosts or invite paranormal stuff into your life, A plastic board game just doesn't seem to be the way to me.

You have trouble with comprehension. I am not here to teach remedials. I am not denying the existence of ideomotor effect in other scenarios.

I don't need to show evidence of the ideomotor effect with regard to the ouija board because it doesn't exist and this is the important bit... i will even highlight it for you incase you fail to comprehend again.. the OUIJA BOARD.

The original post was should the person dabble with the Ouija board?. I offered my advice from my experiences and described how little one has touch the pointer. ie the lightest of touches and the pointer appears to have suction applied to it in the downward direction. The amount of force on the pointer is not relative to the motion that is shown. This is a fact. It is not "closed mind". Nice trolling BTW.

Absolutely ridiculous. The amount of bad advice and pure ignorance shown here sometimes is astounding!

Don't bother to counter my reply "Brian Topp" i really have nothing else pleasant to say to you.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings while you are doing the "I am not listening to you lalala" technique and also counter arguing by saying no, you are wrong and i am right. It isn't trolling it's just science got it's hand in the pot on this piece of cardboard fantasy.

The ideomotor effect is solid science... But it can ofcourse be used as the means of temporarily 'controlling' a person to move ones hand over the letters that the conciousness that is trying to communicate with you, wants you to see....... And the ideomotor effect certainly can not account for people starting to laugh inexplicably, and uncontrollably, and having seisure like fits, or answering questions thought of by other people present.... There is just too much that can not be fully explained by science, about ouija board communications, other than THE TRUTH.... And as human beings we should stop being ignorant about things we do not understand....(yet) Because that limits our understanding.... And to study something scientifically, we can not just assume that some factors just don't exist.... That is not science......

While I appreciate your tongue in cheek humor, there are definitely questions that I have pertaining to exactly how the Ideomotor effect works:

1. How does it apply to 2 separate people using the same board simultaneously?

2. How is it that hundreds of people experience the exact same responses from the board (ie: zozo) -- at different times/dates, in different countries and in different languages? Example: My experience happened in the mid 90s, before the mass use of the Internet. Yet, 15 years later, here I am reading eerily similar stories.

I am definitely not saying 'it must be spirits' -- HOWEVER, I AM saying that the answers to these questions, as far as I have seen, are not answered with the Ideomotor Effect alone.

For me....there has GOT to be something more.....

The ideomotor effect is solid science... But it can ofcourse be used as the means of temporarily 'controlling' a person to move ones hand over the letters that the conciousness that is trying to communicate with you, wants you to see....... And the ideomotor effect certainly can not account for people starting to laugh inexplicably, and uncontrollably, and having seisure like fits, or answering questions thought of by other people present.... There is just too much that can not be fully explained by science, about ouija board communications, other than THE TRUTH.... And as human beings we should stop being ignorant about things we do not understand....(yet) Because that limits our understanding.... And to study something scientifically, we can not just assume that some factors just don't exist.... That is not science......

Yes solid science but not pertaining to the Ouija board. Thanks anyway.

While I appreciate your tongue in cheek humor, there are definitely questions that I have pertaining to exactly how the Ideomotor effect works:

1. How does it apply to 2 separate people using the same board simultaneously?

2. How is it that hundreds of people experience the exact same responses from the board (ie: zozo) -- at different times/dates, in different countries and in different languages? Example: My experience happened in the mid 90s, before the mass use of the Internet. Yet, 15 years later, here I am reading eerily similar stories.

I am definitely not saying 'it must be spirits' -- HOWEVER, I AM saying that the answers to these questions, as far as I have seen, are not answered with the Ideomotor Effect alone.

For me....there has GOT to be something more.....

1) If one move the object the other would not interfere to stop it simple logic, no need for both or more to move their hands.

2) Now that's a scientific evidence....

People would reproduce any kind of bs flowing around the internet, an internet video/photo/post now days has zero credibility, you just need to take a huge leap of faith to believe those people, and i seriously wonder why your thirst for the paranormal block any of your critical faculties.

Use common sense please, a malicious spirit that likes to mess with people doesn't need a plastic mass produced board to interfere with them.

And still if any of you really believe and can prove this type of things then just go get your hot $1.000.000 from Randi, what the hell are you waiting for?

I have never used a ouija board but I am very interested in them. I know many will recommend that I don't use one, but I'm ignorant and tend only to learn my lessons from experience. Anyhow my wife won't let me use one in the house and rightfully so, we have a young child & neither of us want anything to happen to her. Nevertheless I would still like to experience it, so I have a 2 questions:

1:Do online ouija boards work and if so are there any recommendations on ones to use.

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house) I would rather not use it alone. Unfortunately I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for nearly a decade and don't really know anybody in to this kind of stuff so I was wondering if there was any resources that would help me find any people who use one with me or at the least sit in on a few sessions.

My friend and I did one once. It was such a rush!We followed all the rules (had candles, let them lead etc)and it worked. We only got a few jumbled words (it was our first time). What was really weird... (We did have an actual board, so we cut all the letters and numbers up) when we finished... all the letters had turned backwards! THe alphabet was still in the correct order, but the letters appeared backwards!We turned them over, just to make sure the marker hadn't gone through ut they had flipped. THey hadn't! It was so strange and freaky!!

I would like to remind people in this thread that there are no defacto "THE rules" for using Ouija boards - there is no universal or single accepted method, technique, ritual or anything else; there is only what some people have passed through word of mouth or writing their own articles or decided worked for them, so anytime anyone sees anything about "the rules", take it with a really big grain of salt. There is no "standard" ritual or procedure for "opening" or "closing" a board, no universally accepted way to "get rid of" a board, etc - some say burn them, bury them, leave them on church steps, turn them facedown and put them back in the box, and so on. Other people say never burn them. So don't go looking for any sort of unified standard on how to use a board - there is only what works for some people and what they have shared with others.

It's still interesting that the answer to someone that says

"The board is just a toy,i tried and nothing happened" is

"You're not doing right"

So if i start a blog with title

"How to fly"

Describing step by step how you can fly on the air by saying a magic spell while holding two bananas on your hands, the logical answer to anyone that will accuse me for being a charlatan would be "you're not doing right"

I'm start losing faith in humanity....

Edited by Keosen

I am sorry but i laughed.

Hey, this is hardly a laughing matter. Demons and spirits can speak to you with those Scrabble tiles. I'm all for it personally as long as they can land them on the triple word boxes.