Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to ouija

Biff Wellington

It always amazes me the amount of disrespect people can have for other's beliefs.. It's sad, shows the microversion of how religion eventually turns to mass murdering of the non-believers. Then again it's human nature, so it is nearly excusable. But some people are a lot more human than others....

Anywho, Biff, buddy. Just do it. Keep an open mind, and do it. Otherwise it will always be in the back of your mind, and you'll drive yourself crazy wondering. It will expand your knowledge no matter what happens, and that's always a good thing. But as a friend, be careful. If you lived closer I'd be happy to do it with you. Don't forget to be respectful to whatever the board may channel, and to watch what you ask. Also with any ritual, it's imperative to end with a polite, but firm request for them to leave. Like a guest that has stayed too late, and you need them to leave, but you don't want to offend them.

Good luck.

Edited by Ruil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Layna

• _Only

• Pestarzt

• Keosen

i have to say, that when ive used the ouija board, it feels like im getting the answers and spelling them out, so it makes no sense to even use one. humans are better channelers than a game i would think. so, yes. i moved the planchette. :w00t:

To be honest, this is a good reason to be skeptical about the ideomotor effect IMO. Instead of independent lines of evidence leading to a scientific theory(a theory of ideomotor), we have a term and concept being created to explain a specific unexplained phenomenon.

I agree with Jerry Only, this is an excellent point.

I agree with BDH25,

Dont go there, you dont know what could happen :(

Im guessing you are pretty happy with your life. You have your wife and family.

Why would you even want to jepourdise that and risk your life becoming a nightmare from which you cannot wake up??

Read through some other peoples accounts of what happened to them. You may just change your mind.

Im sure some people who used a ouiga board wish they had played chicken on the motorway instead ;)

Before you decide whether you are going to use a ouiga board.....

Please read Darrens post on the

Zozo the ouiga board demon.

I agree also read ZoZo the clown just in case.

Yeah, I tried one and it told me my shirt color was pink. I think the demon was looking for a fight.

Your reply cracked me up!

"Skeptics" have their woo too. For "skeptics" their woo is exaggerating the explanatory power of an explanation. Often "skeptics" take a little explanation and then pretend it explains much more than it does. The ideomotor effect simply does not explain the extended coherent conversations ouija board users claim to have experienced. No amount of googling will change that fact.

"Exaggerating the explanatory power of explanation." Wow! How can one exaggerate the explanatory power of explanation? What other power could explanation have, if not explanatory? That is truly funny.....

Just don't burn it. You could get intro really big trouble if you do. Always put up a white light around you and the others, and it's a good idea to say a little prayer before hand. I like to say this:

Dear God/Spirit Guides etc: Please only allow those of the white light to communicate with us. Push those who would do us harm, and only give us any information that we can use. Ahmen.

I hope this helps. I rarely use a Quija board but when my friends and I do we make sure that we protect ourselves.

What could happen if someone did decide to dispose of a ouiga board by burning it??

I ask Great Big Sea this question as im intrigued by the warning.

Also, what would be considered as the most effective way to destroy or get rid of a ouiga board??

What could happen if someone did decide to dispose of a ouiga board by burning it??

I ask Great Big Sea this question as im intrigued by the warning.

Also, what would be considered as the most effective way to destroy or get rid of a ouiga board??

Not burning the ouija board is a myth. Infact, your supposed to burn the ouija board and all occultic things so you can get rid of anything that has to do with the entity. Burning, burying, giving it away are all methods you can use to get rid of entities that come through the board. I know many people that burned the board and it did the trick... <_<

You're more than welcome to send any boards to me instead, in complete seriousness. I always offer this and so far nobody has taken me up on this, but I will continue to offer, in case anyone is reluctant to burn a board, just in case...

Not burning the ouija board is a myth. Infact, your supposed to burn the ouija board and all occultic things so you can get rid of anything that has to do with the entity. Burning, burying, giving it away are all methods you can use to get rid of entities that come through the board. I know many people that burned the board and it did the trick... <_<

Many people? how many? 20-30? 2-3? do you personally know them or did you just hear stories about people burning their boards?

Hya Paranormalcy, you wanna get yourself a free ouiga board dont ya ;)

Seriously, im only joking, promise :)

Edit by Paranormalcy: :innocent:

Edited by Paranormalcy
added reply

• 2 years later...

Online Ouija boards do not work as you do not have contact with the board themselves,

and yes your wife is right if you contact a spirit using an Ouija board they will usually remain where you had contacted them,

However it would be fine if you brought it into the house but didn't open whilst you were there,

Make sure to read up on things, Ouija boards are not something to learn from experience search up the rules and such.

Basic rules are:

1.Be respectful to ALL spirits, even if they are saying something rude.

2.If they begin to seem dangerous say "goodbye goodbye goodbye"

3.Do not take your hand off the cursor until it has moved to the "goodbye"

4.Always make sure to "close" the Ouija board after use.

5.never leave the cursor on the Ouija board.

6.do not let blood come into contact with the board.

7.if the cursor begins to move either along the alphabet from A-Z, along the numbers from 1-9, in a figure eight on the board or moving from certain letters continuously, ask the entity to stop before they finish, if they don't even when you ask keep asking and eventually say goodbye.

8.DO NOT under any circumstances ask the ghosts how they died or anything to do with it.

9.It will not work if you try to hide it, i have tried this but nothing happens. It only works if you are open about it so choose quiet places to use it. possibly indoors where no one else is around.

10.DO NOT USE ALONE unless you have been using one for a long long time.

You do not have to use a store-bought board, me and my friends have used homemade ones for years. simply put "sun" and "moon" in each corner of the blank paper write the alphabet with the letters spaced generously, write the numbers from 1-9 underneath the alphabet, and the word "goodbye" under the numbers. finally write the word "Yes" next to "sun and the word "no" next to "moon".

Using paper make a circle shape big enough to fit one of the letters on your board in it. if it takes up two letters make another cursor.

If you by any chance contact a demon, and it tells you its name, do not say it aloud. And say goodbye three times, then put the board underneath something heavy. (i usually use a book)

To work it simply out the cursor in the middle of the board and have each person put their hands onto it lightly so it can move. DO NOT take your hands of until the spirit has said goodbye. Otherwise you have opened yourself to possible possession.once your hands are placed on the cursor say "Ouija Ouija is anyone there?" three times whilst gently moving the cursor in circles around the board. then stop and rest your fingers as lightly as possible on the cursor. One of you should feel something on your wrist. Do not be alarmed this is how the spirit moves the cursor.