Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Battlefield 3

arglebargle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arglebargle

• __Kratos__

• DigitalDreamer

• WoIverine

I7 2.8ghz here, 6gb 2000hz memory, nvidia gtx 580, OCZ SSD just waiting for install. Taken me like almost two years to get this thing together.

amd 1090t 3.2ghz, 8gb 1600 ram, msi lightning gtx 580, black caviar hd (I want ssd so bad <_< ), 27" monitor 1980X1080.

I think bf3 is going to be the first game I'll actually have to overclock for. 580 is stupid powerful. :P

Edited by __Kratos__

Intel I5 2500k (factory settings)

8gb Corsair 1600 ram

Gainward GTX 460 GS-GLH (Factory overclocked)

Generic crap harddrive

24" BenQ 1920x1080 monitor.

I can run BF3 on ultra except for two effects I've turned off because I don't like them (HBAO/SSAO and one other thing I can't recall) other than that, everything on max as far as I can recall - never dropped below 50fps.

i7 2600K @4.5Ghz

ASUS P8P67 PRO (B3)

4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X

EVGA GTX 295

24" LG Monitor 1920x1080

I am debating whether I should get a GTX 590 or just a overclocked 580. I am in no hurry for a new card just yet. My 295 played the beta with a mix of High and Ultra without any performance issues.

Played the 360 version earlier today. Campaign is definitely cool. The game has 2 discs, disc 1 contains high res textures. Disc 2 is the actual game. If you're getting the 360 version, to enable the HD textures, clear off 1.5gb of hard drive space for the install, it's worth it, the game looks amazing on the xbox, I was really surprised. I can't even imagine how good it will look when I can run it on my gtx580, can't wait!

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

i7 2600K @4.5Ghz

ASUS P8P67 PRO (B3)

4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X

EVGA GTX 295

24" LG Monitor 1920x1080

I am debating whether I should get a GTX 590 or just a overclocked 580. I am in no hurry for a new card just yet. My 295 played the beta with a mix of High and Ultra without any performance issues.

The game's probably been very optimised, since it's on the consoles, which is a good thing. It may not be too resource intense, at least...no more than usual.

i7 2600K @4.5Ghz

ASUS P8P67 PRO (B3)

4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X

EVGA GTX 295

24" LG Monitor 1920x1080

I would stick to the 295 right now since nvidia's keplar and amd's 7000 series is going to be released supposedly early 2012.

The game's probably been very optimised, since it's on the consoles, which is a good thing. It may not be too resource intense, at least...no more than usual.

The console versions are heavily stripped down cause of the long outdated hardware of the xbox and ps3 compared to pc.

I got my order is ready to pick up email from best buy for tomorrow... I'm so excited!!!!! :D I probably won't get it till mid afternoon tomorrow but less then 24 hours!!!!!! :sk

I would stick to the 295 right now since nvidia's keplar and amd's 7000 series is going to be released supposedly early 2012.

I got my order is ready to pick up email from best buy for tomorrow... I'm so excited!!!!! :D I probably won't get it till mid afternoon tomorrow but less then 24 hours!!!!!! :sk

Wooo Right on man! Going to pick that one up myself, also can't wait till Arkham City pc release on NOV 18! :tu:

Playing it right now. Gusta. Mucho gusta.

I got around the whole wait until the 27th in europe thing by installing an american VPN client and then running the program. It thought I was an american and so it allows me to play the game two days early.

OpenVPN < i recommend it.

Oh you bloody lagger get off my internetz! :angry:

In related news... 25 minutes till best buy opens... I'm going to explode. :D

Won't let me edit so double post...

It isn't installing fast enough!

But going through the inserts if you sign up for the EA gunclub you get a silenced m1911 for bf3! :o

http://gunclub.ea.com/

m1911... With a silencer... WITH A SILENCER! :D If it's anything like bfbc2's m1911 it's going to be OP. ^_^

Well this is just fantastic... Gunclub isn't working AND origin is making me download the game/patch despite the fact I own the physical discs and it's 11.4gb so it's going to be near 4 hours to download.

RAGE! :angry:

Well this is just fantastic... Gunclub isn't working AND origin is making me download the game/patch despite the fact I own the physical discs and it's 11.4gb so it's going to be near 4 hours to download.

Wow, holy crap, I agree, that's total rage quit time. 11.4gb patch? They should've just recalled the game or something! >_<

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Oh you bloody lagger get off my internetz! :angry:

Only need to use the VPN to activate the game, after that I can turn it off and play without :P So I'm playing on european servers with like 20-40ms

Won't let me edit so double post...

It isn't installing fast enough!

But going through the inserts if you sign up for the EA gunclub you get a silenced m1911 for bf3! :o

http://gunclub.ea.com/

m1911... With a silencer... WITH A SILENCER! :D If it's anything like bfbc2's m1911 it's going to be OP. ^_^

I have my silenced m1911 and it's pretty decent.

I downloaded everything days ago because of the digital download, mihih.

Wow, holy crap, I agree, that's total rage quit time. 11.4gb patch? They should've just recalled the game or something! >_<

No. They warned people there would have been a day one patch. A big one.

I thought the download was for the digital buyers so it wouldn't strain their servers all on one day. -.- Not that it was for everybody.

Still have 3 hours to go on my download. So at least I'm getting some work done but frankly, I'd rather be in game. :P

I thought the download was for the digital buyers so it wouldn't strain their servers all on one day. -.- Not that it was for everybody.

Still have 3 hours to go on my download. So at least I'm getting some work done but frankly, I'd rather be in game. :P

When you finally get it running, you'll dig it, the 360 version is really nice, the pc version will be at least 10x better. :tu:

It's just so damn purty! :wub: I spent 80% of the time just admiring the maps and effects. The other 20% were tank hoaring. :lol:

I'm getting down to the mid 40's on fraps so I'll mess with my computer later this week probably but there's also lag everywhere. The servers are just getting hammered. So its' hard to tell what's frames and what's the lag. Also no ping counter in game so that's a bit annoying.

I just need to put the disk into the tray and im good,No lengthy process :blush:

I love how i was able to just drive home,slap my game in and begin the assault on other peoples faces with a single sniper shot.

Well tonight I found out some people unlocked the mortar... They need to be nerfed so badly. There were 3 lvl 20+ just sitting back in their spawn with their mortars and they were just raking up the kills like crazy. :blink: The one guy went 26-0 just sitting there.

I hate how if your vehicle gets hit two times by anything, you're dead in the water. Even with the vehicle healing.

Oh and the reason bf3 has so many more unlocks then past games is because for every vehicle and weapon you need to rank up with on it to unlock the scopes and gadgets. Which is just really annoying. I liked getting all the unlocks for a class at once. :P I'm naturally lazy.

edit:

Gunclub finally did work. I got my m1911. Seems alright but not as powerful as the bc2 one.

Plus you can get some free wallpapers and ringtones from there:

http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/BF3DigitalAssetKit.rar

I'm going to convert the mcom wake up tone to mp3 so I can put it in my alarm clock. :P

Edited by __Kratos__

• 2 weeks later...