Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A strange experience

I am not bigfoot

Hi all this is my first post as I have only really just come across this website in the last few weeks. After going a few pages into I think this forum or the crypt zoology I came across a thread and one of the replies spoken of the the ' welsh werewolf '. Now I live on the outskirts of Cardiff the capitol city of Wales and I have never heard of this. But it immediately reminded me of two separate experiences I have had in the surrounding fields and forest not 5 mins from my house. The first, I was about 11 and a friend a I were riding our bikes near the bushes when we stopped by some thick high grass we stood around for a bit. It was a sunny, clear skies but we both heard a low growling, as we were kids and we couldn't see what was making this sounds we crapped ourselves and rode of as fast we could, we haven't spoken about it since. Now the second was much mor clear, I was walking my dog along th brush of the forest whilst listening to my iPod, I was oblivious to what was going on around me, but when my dog yanked on the lead which he didn't often do I turned and took my headphone out to see why he had broken into a barking frenzy.attired I could not see the creature but it moved which drew my attention, I was stood 20ftinfornt of me stoodinbetween two trees. It was skiiny,and slender but unlike was a dog,the fur tangled but it was a charcoal colour. The reason I refuse to believe it was a dog is because it's face was elongated like a wolf . This is when it gets messed up, as I turned to run it turned to the trees stood on it's hind legs ran across the bush and into the forest. I was so scared I ran past my house and to my nans. I don't think it was a wolf because a) what sort of wolf gets up on it's hind legs and runs like a human and B) the closest wolves to where I live are in longleaf safari park 80+ miles away and there have been no reports of any escapes. Now the second was experience was last march when I was 16 and to this day I can remember it perfectly. I don't want to say it is werewolf but I am being led to say that. Does anyone know what I saw ?

Cheers

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• vitruvian12

• I am not bigfoot

• Hideout

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No idea, but considering the lack of evidence for the existence of werewolves, I'm doubtful that it was one of those.

Dog with mange possibly?

Though that doesn't account for the standing part.

Really don't know.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

Hi all this is my first post as I have only really just come across this website in the last few weeks. After going a few pages into I think this forum or the crypt zoology I came across a thread and one of the replies spoken of the the ' welsh werewolf '. Now I live on the outskirts of Cardiff the capitol city of Wales and I have never heard of this. But it immediately reminded me of two separate experiences I have had in the surrounding fields and forest not 5 mins from my house. The first, I was about 11 and a friend a I were riding our bikes near the bushes when we stopped by some thick high grass we stood around for a bit. It was a sunny, clear skies but we both heard a low growling, as we were kids and we couldn't see what was making this sounds we crapped ourselves and rode of as fast we could, we haven't spoken about it since. Now the second was much mor clear, I was walking my dog along th brush of the forest whilst listening to my iPod, I was oblivious to what was going on around me, but when my dog yanked on the lead which he didn't often do I turned and took my headphone out to see why he had broken into a barking frenzy.attired I could not see the creature but it moved which drew my attention, I was stood 20ftinfornt of me stoodinbetween two trees. It was skiiny,and slender but unlike was a dog,the fur tangled but it was a charcoal colour. The reason I refuse to believe it was a dog is because it's face was elongated like a wolf . This is when it gets messed up, as I turned to run it turned to the trees stood on it's hind legs ran across the bush and into the forest. I was so scared I ran past my house and to my nans. I don't think it was a wolf because a) what sort of wolf gets up on it's hind legs and runs like a human and B) the closest wolves to where I live are in longleaf safari park 80+ miles away and there have been no reports of any escapes. Now the second was experience was last march when I was 16 and to this day I can remember it perfectly. I don't want to say it is werewolf but I am being led to say that. Does anyone know what I saw ?

Cheers

Yes I do. See this thread for more details http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=99231. Thanks for posting!

It was much bigger and the hind legs were longer than that, should've made that bit clear. :tu:

They are always reported as 7ft tall for the maned type, or male. There's a photo somewhere, ah, here it is Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997 Taken by an Oregon sasquatch researcher. I've heard almost a hundred of these dogman stories now. I don't even react any more. Oh, here's the female with ganglier legs CCTV Dogman Grey Tailless Body Long Rear Legs Crossing the raod barriers with a strange gait Edited by tailormaneinafog

They are always reported as 7ft tall for the maned type, or male. There's a photo somewhere, ah, here it is Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997 Taken by an Oregon sasquatch researcher. I've heard almost a hundred of these dogman stories now. I don't even react any more. Oh, here's the female with ganglier legs CCTV Dogman Grey Tailless Body Long Rear Legs Crossing the raod barriers with a strange gait

It wasn't seven foot though, i was small at 16, only 4foot9 but looking back on it it was probably around 6'6

It wasn't seven foot though, i was small at 16, only 4foot9 but looking back on it it was probably around 6'6

It wasn't seven foot, but more like 6'6" ........:blush:

Yes I do. See this thread for more details http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=99231. Thanks for posting!

You do realise that the photo of the "Dartmoor Beast" in your link is actually a picture of a dog? It even states under the picture "The owner of a Newfoundland dog called Troy has contacted the press as she is sure that the 'Beast of Dartmoor' pictures actually show Troy going for a stroll".

Where have I seen this story before? Have you posted this recently on someone elses thread? I know I saw this somewhere else. Anyway, as for the foot prints, well yeah it could happen. I just told a story that happened to me many years ago about a childs hand print in the dust on a beam near a celien(spelling?) in the store room of a department store.It was on the tread "Business Terrors" so yeah, footprints I believe it could happen.It would be cool to see some pictures though. And the movie is "Paranormal Entity" with the footprints on the ceiling.

Rocketgirl B)

You do realise that the photo of the "Dartmoor Beast" in your link is actually a picture of a dog? It even states under the picture "The owner of a Newfoundland dog called Troy has contacted the press as she is sure that the 'Beast of Dartmoor' pictures actually show Troy going for a stroll".

Youre wasting your time, I and many others have told him this over and over. The truth means nothing to him, he will just ignore your statement or offer up the same storey as proof of itself. He used to make an attempt at making posts now he just cuts and pastes his own responses and links to other completely none related threads and even other forums. The link to the other forum is his own thread but he uses a different name. On that thread he has been warned by a moderator for continually posting nothing but quotes and links without any meaningfull discussion. His grasp on reality has slipped even further from what it was. He also claims to be "consulting" on various cryptid cases which I dont really understand what that involves, nor does he I suspect. His obsessions with the non existent giant hyrax and the fictional dogman have gone from amusing to just sad.

Where have I seen this story before? Have you posted this recently on someone elses thread? I know I saw this somewhere else. Anyway, as for the foot prints, well yeah it could happen. I just told a story that happened to me many years ago about a childs hand print in the dust on a beam near a celien(spelling?) in the store room of a department store.It was on the tread "Business Terrors" so yeah, footprints I believe it could happen.It would be cool to see some pictures though. And the movie is "Paranormal Entity" with the footprints on the ceiling.

Rocketgirl B)

nope this is my first time on any forum.

Its in other threads and forums because tailormane has lost it and has been cutting and pasting other peoples stories to validate his own farfetched and unsupported fantasies.

Actually it was an escaped juvenile MacKenzie River wolf from the Dartmoor Wildlife Park. Academic though when its used as evidence by Smugfish (aka Humblemun, aka Le Lapedalleur, aka tailormaneinafog) for the non-existent giant hyrax.

Edited by Oppono Astos

Actually it was an escaped juvenile MacKenzie River wolf from the Dartmoor Wildlife Park. Academic though when it used as evidence by Smugfish (aka Humblemun, aka Le Lapedalleur, aka tailormaneinafog) for the non-existent giant hyrax.

He will use any storey at all to make a claim for the giant hyrax. His "glow bird" was my favorite of his made up cryptids though.

Take a look at the end of the link I gave you and read about other people's experiences which are very similar to your own. There's plenty there.

Take a look at the end of the link I gave you and read about other people's experiences which are very similar to your own. There's plenty there. P.S. I forgot to mention the Louisiana Trail Cam photo which is a short coated female dogman imo

post-94765-0-08535700-1314361998_thumb.j

How convenient that that pic is now a dogman for you humblemun. At the beginning of that thread you said it was a fake then you were positive it was very obviously your giant hyrax (what a surprise). Now apparently it suits your fantasy for it to be something else. Perhaps you should do some "consulting" on it too.

How convenient that that pic is now a dogman for you humblemun. At the beginning of that thread you said it was a fake then you were positive it was very obviously your giant hyrax (what a surprise). Now apparently it suits your fantasy for it to be something else. Perhaps you should do some "consulting" on it too.

Yeah I don't get this guy. I think he's just a bad troll, albeit a very persistent one.

On topic, could the animal you saw have possibly jumped into the bush as opposed to ran?