Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4,000,000 posts

Saru

There's an avatar from a certain unnamed individual that may do the trick ;) If LibstaK doesn't mind being dark-sided :P

Congrats to Saru for his dedication and work he has put in to make this the best paranormal site... wait, no, the best site period!

:w00t: :w00t: I gotta say PA them cookies are always a temptation, the dark side ain't half bad IMO :innocent:

1,159 new posts since the hallmark of our forum's treasured history...and 97,900 members, as of 4:30PM PDT 8/29/2011. Now let's shift the focus to preparation for the 100,000th member who's not a spambot or a random troll. :w00t: (someone joins inwith a name like "OVER 100,000!" and types "UM RULES!" and runs off never to return.) :P Congrats Saru, PA, Paranormalcy, Fluffy & the rest of the staff...for keeping it up like a statue standing out in the realm of cyberspace, an universe of its' own.

hooray! Woohoo!

Why is everyone wearing...

Ahem...

Excuse me, i gotta go put on some... light music

Nobody stare at my behind

I think 10 million posts will be achieved by early 2013

Dec. 2012, without a doubt.

Dec. 2012, without a doubt.

You know I really do wonder who is going to make the "End of the World Post". You know...., that post just before the world goes "Kaboom!".

Atleast theoratically. :lol:

Four million posts - not bad going... Congrats to everyone for being seriously talkative and opinionated! :tu::yes:

• Like 1

Muhahahaha.

Twenty-million post sounds much more efficient..

4,000,000 posts on this forum?

That means I've made 0.01765% of them! I feel proud and honoured.

I feel bad, I hardly helped at all.. I am never on...I am more of a lurker lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now, how about a "guessing competition" as to when the 100,000th New UM Member will sign on? :)

Chuckle! OK.

Based upon recent trends, a 3.5 week average would tend to indicate that the 100,000th member will join between 11-13-11 and 11-18-11. To further define, will suggest the date of November 15, 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

As of 1100PM (2300 hours) PDT 10/08/2011, we have 990 open seats for the projected 100,000th member and going by this rate, that special someone will sign up before Christmas eve.

Our Board Statistics

Total Posts 4,041,567 Total Members 99,010

Coincidentally, my baby daughter is coming on her due date around the 28th on December, then can arrive early on the Winter Solstice - December 21st (my half-sister's birthday) or as late like the 6th of January in 2012. Another Capricorn in the family like my nephew Roger, since we seem to have many born under the signs of Taurus, Cancer, my biological son Leo, my stepson's a Virgo & Sagittarius, and I had many friends in Gemini, Libra and Pisces though hard to handle Aries and Scorpios (obviously are tough signs).

Edited by DeMikeDe

• 2 weeks later...

Statistical update:

Figures are generally consistent with the previous, with a slight decline of ~ 1> 1.5. This would still place the date between 11-13-11 and 11-18-11.

These trends would now indicate a date slightly later than the previously proposed 11-15-11, with 11-16-11 or 11-17-11 presently more likely.

Will be interesting to observe if the upcoming "holiday" will skew the general pattern.

Statistical update:

Figures are generally consistent with the previous, with a slight decline of ~ 1> 1.5. This would still place the date between 11-13-11 and 11-18-11.

These trends would now indicate a date slightly later than the previously proposed 11-15-11, with 11-16-11 or 11-17-11 presently more likely.

Will be interesting to observe if the upcoming "holiday" will skew the general pattern.

Wow, thanks Swede for keeping track, I was just feeling curious about this in last 2 days too and there you are with the answer, awesome :w00t:

Wow, thanks Swede for keeping track, I was just feeling curious about this in last 2 days too and there you are with the answer, awesome :w00t:

Libstak - You are most welcome!

As the sun enters Libra not Scorpio...and I came back from a "painful" dental exam (LoL), with Halloween weekend around the corner, comes a dark macabre gothic feel. To mark my 1500th recorded post on the UM forum, I have here a song fit for our moods: Du Hast by Rammstein.

We don't know when the exact 100,000th member arrives, Swede...but may the Germainc or Scandic spirit of the Goths live on! Interestingly, the Gothic people organized in southern Sweden in a region known as Gotaland and their isle of Gotland. Just in time for Halloween or the original new year in Germanic and Celtic calendars, put on the corpse paint and black leather cloak, and get ready for some trick-or-treating fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

Edited by DeMikeDe

• 2 weeks later...

Further update:

As speculated, there was a bit of an up-tick around Halloween followed by a slight decline from these figures of ~ 1.5/day in more recent history, with the trend still somewhat above the initial pattern. Seasonal/weather related?

Current trends indicate a date around 11-12-11 > 11-13-11.

As these dates are not to distant, will refrain from presenting additional data.

• 1 year later...

Four million posts - not bad going... Congrats to everyone for being seriously talkative and opinionated! :tu::yes:

:tu::clap:

Are we sure about these numbers? There are more than 30 million posts on the forum, just from a rough guestimate by eyeballing the forum index... Am I missing something?

Yes,I've been here for almost 10 months,and we know how much I can talk .

Must be at least 6 mill by now .

:P