Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noises in my Pillow

Cotton

Ok I'm new here not sure if the topic is right for the forum, or if anybody has posted something like this before... But anyways my dilemma is sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night & ill hear noises like a motorcycle running, or helicopter & such. But a few weeks ago Ive been hearing songs, songs I don't even know the lyrics to but I can clearly hear the words. For example: the 1st song I heard was a country song I knew that much, (& I don't even listen to country) then later in the day I was driving my truck scanning through radio stations when it stopped at a country music station that same song was playing so I music id'd it with my phone Turns out it was brooks & dunn brand new man. But the strange thing is I can only hear it when my ear is an the pillow, if I lift my head it stops! Complete silence, I put it down the song continues as if paused. So I'm wondering what could cause something like this??

I get this alot too, but its like the t.v. is on or people are talking, but when i check my living room theres nothing. It happens like clock work so ive trained myself to ignore it, I have two explainations, its the hairs or material in the pillow or ear beign compressed and slowing making "rice krispy" sounds in your ear, which sound like ppl talking or singing, or it is the hum of a fan or compressor in an appliance vibrating through the floor all the way up through your bed into your ear.

Or every house ive lived in is extremely haunted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cotton

• encouraged

• _Only

• KNash

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive a stake through the pillow :devil:

More seriously, lock the pillow in a cupboard and sleep without it for the night. Do you still hear the sounds?

Drive a stake through the pillow :devil:

More seriously, lock the pillow in a cupboard and sleep without it for the night. Do you still hear the sounds?

Bahahaha :D I like it!

You know what I've never thought abt that! But the thing is it doesn't do it every night so I guess throw it in the hallway whenever it does! I got this!!

When I was a kid I thought there were people going up steps in my pillow... Then I realised that it was my pulse.

Otherwise, I think you may be prone to hallucination. Seriously. Or small elves live in your pillow and they have dance party's. One of the two.

I get this alot too, but its like the t.v. is on or people are talking, but when i check my living room theres nothing. It happens like clock work so ive trained myself to ignore it, I have two explainations, its the hairs or material in the pillow or ear beign compressed and slowing making "rice krispy" sounds in your ear, which sound like ppl talking or singing, or it is the hum of a fan or compressor in an appliance vibrating through the floor all the way up through your bed into your ear.

Or every house ive lived in is extremely haunted

I can go weeks without hearing anything... :-/ it's just strange my brother & I have the exact same bed same pillow & he says he has never heard anything... not even when we shared a room....

From my radio hearing experience, I remember that getting up and listening for it in another room while standing, etc... presented the problem of not being as relaxed and as strong an ability to concentrate on it. So, perhaps both of you guys could try lying down on the floor next to your bed or in another room to see if it occurs as your body and mind settle in there. Of course on a night when it has started happening while you are in bed.

I have also noted that like people see faces in the plaster of walls or ceilings or marble, etc. Your brain can do the same with the presence of white noise--like turning to a radio location that has no station. Or like placing a shell over your ear. Or like putting your hand close to your ear. Our brains have the ability to extract the sounds from the noise that make you think you are hearing a radio, conversation, or singing.

Edited by encouraged

From my radio hearing experience, I remember that getting up and listening for it in another room while standing, etc... presented the problem of not being as relaxed and as strong an ability to concentrate on it. So, perhaps both of you guys could try lying down on the floor next to your bed or in another room to see if it occurs as your body and mind settle in there. Of course on a night when it has started happening while you are in bed.

I have also noted that like people see faces in the plaster of walls or ceilings or marble, etc. Your brain can do the same with the presence of white noise--like turning to a radio location that has no station. Or like placing a shell over your ear. Or like putting your hand close to your ear. Our brains have the ability to extract the sounds from the noise that make you think you are hearing a radio, conversation, or singing.

You know that makes sense... the reason I didn't think it was an actual radio station was I never heard a song end I tried waiting it out I'd either fall asleep or start looking for the source. This George straight song Im quite certain I heard the chorus at lease 5 times... ill try the floor thing... and without a pillow for sure. Thx E!:)

• 5 years later...
On 9/5/2011 at 0:48 AM, Cotton said:

Ok I'm new here not sure if the topic is right for the forum, or if anybody has posted something like this before... But anyways my dilemma is sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night & ill hear noises like a motorcycle running, or helicopter & such. But a few weeks ago Ive been hearing songs, songs I don't even know the lyrics to but I can clearly hear the words. For example: the 1st song I heard was a country song I knew that much, (& I don't even listen to country) then later in the day I was driving my truck scanning through radio stations when it stopped at a country music station that same song was playing so I music id'd it with my phone Turns out it was brooks & dunn brand new man. But the strange thing is I can only hear it when my ear is an the pillow, if I lift my head it stops! Complete silence, I put it down the song continues as if paused. So I'm wondering what could cause something like this??

I hear the same things as you do if I lift my head it stops and my wife hears it too

This is the exact same thing that happens to me! I posted about it around a month ago, called "Party in my pillow ", but never got many responses. I'm relieved it's happened to other people as well, but that still doesn't explain what the heck it is!